(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 490.
#20901 7 years ago

Seems like the playfields have some empty holes. Also, the inserts look terrible being clear like that. Are those just dirty spots or are the inserts ghosting??

Beautiful artwork...but that was never in doubt.

#20902 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

He's engaged, so I think he already got one

Really? I'm guessing it's the same girl he brought to Expo? If so, good for him. My wife and I both thought she was pretty cool so smart choice for Chris. Buying a MG for $20k? Not so much imo, but to each his own, I suppose. Did he upgrade his living spaces for this new game? I thought he was pretty cramped in his place?

#20903 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Anyone else find it weird that there are never more than 4 in a single picture?

I've seen all of them lined up in a row, about half are already boxed up and ready to go.

#20904 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

And are these definitely different to the ones which were in John's studio ages ago?

Well presumably they all have ramps, which was never done outside of the single infamous NW show example. Of course, the photos still aren't entirely conclusive.

#20905 7 years ago

Those pictures look like a much more refined game from NW show.

The PF is different with the bare wood showing.

Looks like some mechs were added and a few magnets disappeared.

Be interesting to see more

#20906 7 years ago

I am curious if there is any read-through to be made once people see the fit and finish of the games and what that might mean for Houdini and other AP games. Any thoughts?

#20907 7 years ago

Can't help but think back to Expo 2014, with John's empty cabinets and DP the belle of the ball.

Welcome to Bizarroo Land 2017.

#20908 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can't help but think back to Expo 2014, with John's empty cabinets and DP the belle of the ball.

We're just in the Twilight Zone.

Next, Kevin is going to find all that money, and refund everyone 100% of what they put in.

#20909 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The PF is different with the bare wood showing.

Does that mean some other artist came in and tweaked the artwork, since we know ZY was not part of this? I know you can't answer that, but that seems to be the only answer.

Same goes for other parts of the game.

#20910 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I remember when WOZ was first seen at MGC. The backbox was folded down. Everyone(including me) was looking like at it like a UFO just landed.

#20911 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, it takes a real genius to know that he reads these threads...since he talks about them on his podcast.

Well, not all of us are part of that flock that listens to that horse's ass and his self serving podcasts. I couldn't take 5 minutes of his shit.

#20912 7 years ago

In case someone missed the link earlier. Beautiful game, no question.

IMG_7122 (resized).JPGIMG_7122 (resized).JPG

IMG_7123 (resized).JPGIMG_7123 (resized).JPG

IMG_7124 (resized).JPGIMG_7124 (resized).JPG

IMG_7125 (resized).JPGIMG_7125 (resized).JPG

IMG_7126 (resized).JPGIMG_7126 (resized).JPG

IMG_7127 (resized).JPGIMG_7127 (resized).JPG

IMG_7128 (resized).JPGIMG_7128 (resized).JPG

IMG_7129 (resized).JPGIMG_7129 (resized).JPG

#20913 7 years ago

Hang on....

IMG_7130 (resized).JPGIMG_7130 (resized).JPG

IMG_7127 (resized).JPGIMG_7127 (resized).JPG

#20914 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

what is going on with that pop bumper?

Has a cut out for the DE style of full blue mech that drops out the pf hole, but yet I see space under that skirt like a normal B/W style mech?

Does it drop into the pf or something else?

#20915 7 years ago

skirt is not the right height to even work in that photo?

#20916 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well, not all of us are part of that flock that listens to that horse's ass and his self serving podcasts. I couldn't take 5 minutes of his shit.

I don't care.

It was just funny how you were acting like it was so insightful to know that he reads these threads. lol

#20917 7 years ago

Poor Jpop, he looks like a long haired Ned Beatty from Deliverance in that picture.

Yeti's artwork is great. At least you have a piece of art to show off.

#20918 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't care.
It was just funny how you were acting like it was so insightful to know that he reads these threads. lol

No insight meant. If you follow it in it's context it was meant as a pure jab at Special K.

#20919 7 years ago

no doubt the game is beautiful.. does it function? Can't wait to see video of gameplay (if someone is willing to do so).

#20920 7 years ago

Please don't crucify me for saying this, but damn... That game is absolutely stunning.

Say what you want about the clear inserts, but I think they're neat looking. Also, did anyone else notice how the art doesn't have that "stippled" newspaper-like effect on the playfield? The colors and edges are all crisp and have smooth color gradients.

#20921 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That game is absolutely stunning.

Say what you want about the clear inserts, but I think they're neat looking.

No doubt the artwork is great. It is the build and design I worry about when I see this insert. There is definitely something wrong with the clear or maybe bubbles in mylar? Also, being able to clearly see every detail of that LED flasher through the insert without it even being lit is not good. It would look a lot better faceted or clouded.

pa3 (resized).jpgpa3 (resized).jpg

#20922 7 years ago

Ok, Kaneda, you are cracking me up. The whole "be smart guys" concept is great and i agree BUT, WTF do you think you are getting with Magic Girl?

What makes you think your decision to buy one from Kim is a winner? Based on what? Have you F ing played it?

Just because you get a box with legs doesn't mean you have shit! You have a $20k box of what? (Yes you paid that) Yet you hammer on Alien non stop?

Ever heard the saying "play before you pay". The guys that are getting MG paid a long time ago and had nothing to begin with. You paid Kim $$$ with no discount, really stupid at the time and maybe now as well, time will tell and you have zero clue as to WTF you have, because you have a Jpop boner and "stars in your eyes"!

It might be a total POS to play and a piece of garbage from a QC standpoint. Making pinball is hard? Clear coat blows? Typical Jpop ghosting?

Collecting what is "rare" is what got people in trouble in the first place with Jpop. Great art though.

#20923 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There is definitely something wrong with the clear or maybe bubbles in mylar?

Good catch. Didn't see that. Looking at the "feature list" it reads:

NEW oven baked Titanium Hard Coat™ protective layer on the playfield

Maybe has something to do with that?

#20924 7 years ago

I guess it's OK, but the thing looks a little too girlie for me.

I guess that's where it gets it's name.

#20925 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is going on with that pop bumper?

Not sure if that bumper refers to what the feature list states as:

Enchanted Hare™ magnetic jet bumper

Not sure what a magnetic jet bumper would entail, but it certainly sounds interesting.

#20926 7 years ago

Only 17 TBL shipped?? How the heck is there one 15 minutes from me?

#20927 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Not sure if that bumper refers to what the feature list states as:

Not sure what a magnetic jet bumper would entail, but it certainly sounds interesting.

It means a magnet will stick to the metal parts

#20928 7 years ago

Any mention of the promised new "real quickstep solenoid" technology?

I believe this to be a refinement of the classic "Green Apple Quickstep" technology which JPOP has a history of liberally applying to all his projects (as well as anyone involved with them).

#20929 7 years ago

That spinning disc in the left outlane sure looks 3d printed (I can see the typical build lines). I sure hope he at least used ABS or nylon, because PLA is going to wear really quickly, or plans to give everyone a bunch of spares (and the STL file to print more in the future).

3d_printed_spin_disc (resized).jpg3d_printed_spin_disc (resized).jpg

#20930 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It means a magnet will stick to the metal parts

It's a electron magnet that when activated moves rails and deflector ring in a linear fashion to deflect the games sphere at an incredible speed of course. My guess is marketing words nothing more.

#20931 7 years ago

No matter what you think of the game or how it shoots this thing is going to be extremely collectible. 20 made and one of the great stories (and shitty at the same time) makes this sought after. Would I want one? Hell yes! I want it for its rarity the same way I collect rare diecast tricks (tonkas, smith miller, doepke etc). If you look at as the next great playing pin you are going at it wrong.

#20932 7 years ago

BM66SLE and LE blows this POS away all day every day.

If you actually like to play pinball. What a F ing joke.

#20933 7 years ago

Sorry, but my opinion is that anyone who doesn't believe that MG will be highly collectible is wrong.

I understand that the vast majority of us (myself included) wouldn't want it at the prices that it will sell for. But people need to understand that it only takes a very small number of people (who have money to spare) who will want this pin badly enough to make it collectible and worth more than it's original price.

#20934 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

No matter what you think of the game or how it shoots this thing is going to be extremely collectible. 20 made and one of the great stories (and shitty at the same time) makes this sought after. Would I want one? Hell yes! I want it for its rarity the same way I collect rare diecast tricks (tonkas, smith miller, doepke etc). If you look at as the next great playing pin you are going at it wrong.

No, not collectible at all. Won't be sought after.

#20935 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

#20936 7 years ago

#20937 7 years ago

Well it will be nice to look at Billy! So is the best looking pin ever with GBLE. But that one also plays awesome.

I hope you are able to recoup all the $$ you blew on Jpop that dick with a MG sale!

At least you own a piece of history for what its worth and you were right there in the middle of it.

#20938 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry, but my opinion is that anyone who doesn't believe that MG will be highly collectible is wrong.
I understand that the vast majority of us (myself included) wouldn't want it at the prices that it will sell for. But people need to understand that it only takes a very small number of people (who have money to spare) who will want this pin badly enough to make it collectible and worth more than it's original price.

Agreed assuming there are not many made which seems a safe bt as it will be truly a rare machine not some sort of manufactured collectors item.

#20939 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Time has a way of fixing stupidity and fading memories.

All of this BS is built on a house of cards. See BBB $20k collection special of the day.

#20940 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

anyone who doesn't believe that MG will be highly collectible is wrong.

Collector of dust.

#20941 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is it though? With all that pink and purple "magic" it looks like it's meant for your pre-teen daughters room. To go right next to her stuffed pink unicorn.

They should have one in each Justice store in the malls across America.

Maybe it's just me but the color choices make me a little queasy... especially the added aqua green in the PF and the oversaturated translite.

#20942 7 years ago

#20943 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. Us B66 owners have suffered too long in the B66 thread. Time to equal things up a bit - when are you hitting the TBL thread iceman44 ?

#20944 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LOL. Us B66 owners have suffered too long in the B66 thread. Time to equal things up a bit - when are you hitting the TBL thread iceman44 ?

I think i've hit that one hard already but there is so much SHIT to go around its hard to keep up.

#20945 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is it though? With all that pink and purple "magic" it looks like it's meant for your pre-teen daughters room. To go right next to her stuffed pink unicorn.
They should have one in each Justice store in the malls across America.
Maybe it's just me but the color choices make me a little queasy... especially the added aqua green in the PF and the oversaturated translite.

Yea your right pinball should never hit that 70's pop culture kinda coloring and the art also looks a bit boring.

#20946 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think i've hit that one hard already but there is so much SHIT to go around its hard to keep up.

love it. Have to agree you B66 owners have had enough bashing...get it out here your only gonna hurt about 22 peoples feelings

#20947 7 years ago

Incase anyone missed it on the photos page, there was a link to a video page as well

http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/videos.html

A few of the links don't work right, but you can basically just follow the pattern to figure out the right link
example:
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/media/media6.m4v

#20948 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Dam I hope I can play a game or 2 one day. Amazing!

#20949 7 years ago

Don't kid yourselves.

As long as this thing is playable, and has at least a basic rule set that uses all switches and features, it will be VERY valuable.

If the code is "open" somebody will finish it. Why wouldn't they? This is the same hobby where people manually colorize images frame-by-frame for little to no profit, and reverse engineer machine language on games like Data East Star Wars.

Long-term resale wise, 16k MG will blow away a 15k BB66LE.

#20950 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yea your right pinball should never hit that 70's pop culture kinda coloring and the art also looks a bit boring.

Well I do find the animal art kinda boring as somehow I already have examples right here with rabbits, hats and jester's. His earlier stuff ya know?

And pink and purple represents the 70's?... um ok.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.