(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 491.
#20301 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

"jpop reality distortion field"

That about sums it up.

#20302 7 years ago

Was really hoping this was going to work out for everybody that had money into it.
oh well .... if it seems too good to be true ...

#20303 7 years ago

Cornelius just got a permanent all forums eject in another thread, so won't be hearing anymore from him.

#20304 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Cornelius just got a permanent all forums eject in another thread, so won't be hearing anymore from him.

LOL.

#20305 7 years ago

Cornelius needs a nap as much as he needs a job.

#20306 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

They boy seems sencere but has some anger issues. The sad thing is he'll probably just rant somewhere else about how all the horrible people on ponside beat him up LOL.

#20307 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They boy seems sencere but has some anger issues. The sad thing is he'll probably just rant somewhere else about how all the horrible people on ponside beat him up LOL.

Anger? Try stability issues. His frenetic energy is unsettling.

#20308 7 years ago

Well... that was a painful last two pages.

#20309 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Boy between this and the neg bombing, I'm feeling the love.

Well you did call us all racists and said you were leaving here for good so...

I will say your article and podcast made me much more open to the idea of maybe AP could pull something off, but then after expo I'm right back to skepticism again.

#20310 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm tired of being Pinside's bad guy.

Then maybe stop being such a turd?

It's such a classic deflection - "it's not me, everyone else is wrong!"

Anyway, JPop should go into sales. He's got a natural talent.

#20311 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Oh thank god.

Again.

#20312 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Doesn't say he's banned next to his name or on his personal page.

#20313 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They got (I assume) free booth space by putting it with a vendor whose single-board computer they intend to use.

But wouldn't the "free" booth space be a small part of it? Someone had to pay for travel and accommodations for Vegas, whatever suite they were in, etc.

That was money out of pocket for no apparent reason.

#20314 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Never mind.
Too mean.
I'll let this idiot fight with someone else.

I have had my rounds with him, and I have had my rounds with YOU! When you're right you're right, and when you're wrong, you're wrong. Doesn't matter who you are, even an asshole can be right some of the time. Cornelius and I worked things out through PM, and he seems decent, but has a few screws loose upstairs. His intent for his trip to Vegas was purely to be the 1st to get the story. I wouldn't knock him for that. But yeah, Cornelius seems to have been chomping at the bit waiting for you to post.

#20315 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Then maybe stop being such a turd?
It's such a classic deflection - "it's not me, everyone else is wrong!"
Anyway, JPop should go into sales. He's got a natural talent.

Corporate sales

#20316 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Corporate sales

Amway

#20317 7 years ago

Snake oil.

#20318 7 years ago

KY

#20319 7 years ago

Jpop doesn't need a new job, he's got a great thing going.

The "fabulous box of blinking lights" thing pays pretty well and the it's still a seller's market apparently.

#20320 7 years ago

Saw this on the vpforums. Would be interesting to see a virtual version of MG, I'm assuming with all the shot problems straightened out.

magic-girl (resized).jpgmagic-girl (resized).jpg

#20321 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Saw this on the vpforums. Would be interesting to see a virtual version of MG, I'm assuming with all the shot problems straightened out.

It doesn't do anything, though, as the software was never even started.

#20322 7 years ago

Ran across this on youtube.

#20323 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Saw this on the vpforums. Would be interesting to see a virtual version of MG, I'm assuming with all the shot problems straightened out

Just released on future pinball. Plays pretty crappy (beyond JPOP's layout). There's some weird skipping of the ball, or some random magnet messing with it.. also obviously it has none of the correct sounds or animations, but it's... playable sorta?
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23127-magic_girl

#20324 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Just released on future pinball. Plays pretty crappy (beyond JPOP's layout). There's some weird skipping of the ball, or some random magnet messing with it.. also obviously it has none of the correct sounds or animations, but it's... playable sorta?
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23127-magic_girl

I remember seeing video animations of what MG was supposed to be on the screen many months ago.

There's an interesting opportunity here for a virtual pinball author: Make a fun ruleset. Maybe it will be so fun JPOP will take it for himself!

#20325 7 years ago

Cornelius: Just another one of the never ending jpop fan boys, drinking the cool aid and trying to con people into joining the cult of jpop, zidware ,ap. etc. Sell crazy somewhere else.

1 week later
#20326 7 years ago

Ok, I'm curious to see which of the four possibilities this document represents.

I'm betting "amend" or "amend portion thereof"...

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=2&case_no=&Year=&div=&caseno=&PLtype=2&sname=popadiuk&CDate=

Though I am not willing to drop the cash for the docs I referenced in post #20256, I will get this one! I will post info when available (may take a day or two for the court to send it).

Jpop Capture (resized).JPGJpop Capture (resized).JPG

#20327 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Though I am not willing to drop the cash for the docs I referenced in post #20256, I will get this one! I will post info when available (may take a day or two for the court to send it).

If you were willing, maybe folks would chip in so you could order the whole set of documents and post them? I know I would PayPal you a few $ to read the behind the scenes of this mess...

#20328 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

If you were willing, maybe folks would chip in so you could order the whole set of documents and post them? I know I would PayPal you a few $ to read the behind the scenes of this mess...

Maybe get a Pinside lawyer to advise on which are worth downloading first? Most of it is likely to be procedural stuff that's not worth paying for (like all of the amendments to the complaint to add new plaintiffs).

#20329 7 years ago

The ones I mentioned in #20256 (complaint, answer, motion to dismiss) would be the ones to get.

#20330 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Cornelius: Just another one of the never ending jpop fan boys, drinking the cool aid and trying to con people into joining the cult of jpop, zidware ,ap. etc. Sell crazy somewhere else.

I still don't know what this means at all

#20331 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I still don't know what this means at all

Don't sweat it, you did nothing wrong and even said you were a little star struck. A lot of people with more experience than you have been caught up in the enthusiasm by big words, cool artwork and a fancy box of flashing lights. For him to use the word "con" was uncalled for.

#20332 7 years ago

If you haven't already, everyone should listen to the latest "this flippin podcast", where Tommy interviews Applejuice (aka Jim Askey), the programmer from the UK about the magic girl project
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-34b-jim-askey-speaks_91485

"John was against auto launch and ball save... he thought ball saves were for people who couldn't play very well"

#20333 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If you haven't already, everyone should listen to the latest "this flippin podcast", where Tommy interviews Applejuice (aka Jim Askey), the programmer from the UK about the magic girl project
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-34b-jim-askey-speaks_91485
"John was against auto launch and ball save... he thought ball saves were for people who couldn't play very well"

Definitely a GREAT listen from someone who was on the inside at Zidware... especially interesting to me when he makes references to "guys" doing this or that and knowing those "guys" personally...

#20334 7 years ago

Hey guys, I meant to post the link in this thread when the podcast released and just forgot. Anyway hopefully it is relevant and interesting to many of you impacted and I'm guessing many more just invested in this thread. The fact that the game Space Mission X existed probably blew my mind more than anything. Was I just late to the party on that one or was this really unknown? Jim is beyond a stand up guy, and thanks a ton for taking the time to do the show Jim. Anyway if you have any follow up questions for Jim feel free to reach out to the show and we will be happy to do some more follow up.

spx_machine with playfield (resized).JPGspx_machine with playfield (resized).JPG

#20335 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"John was against ... ball save... he thought ball saves were for people who couldn't play very well"

Pat Lawlor & Roger Sharpe are also anti ball save. From the industry perspective a longer ball time is directly detrimental to earnings. Much harder to quantify how much money you're not making because it drains too fast.

#20336 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey guys, I meant to post the link in this thread when the podcast released and just forgot. Anyway hopefully it is relevant and interesting to many of you impacted and I'm guessing many more just invested in this thread. The fact that the game Space Mission X existed probably blew my mind more than anything. Was I just late to the party on that one or was this really unknown? Jim is beyond a stand up guy, and thanks a ton for taking the time to do the show Jim. Anyway if you have any follow up questions for Jim feel free to reach out to the show and we will be happy to do some more follow up.

Yeah, I saw a few games there like this with EM reels on them as well...

#20337 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The fact that the game Space Mission X existed probably

This guy is truly insane. He designs games to the point he can slap someone's cool artwork on the cabinet and backbox and them moves on to the next mock-up without even coming close to finishing a single game.

I never cease to be amazed...

#20338 7 years ago

This playfield does not look like his style. It is actually a white wood. He like to put the artwork on the playfield "before" working on the shots.

#20339 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This guy is truly insane. He designs games to the point he can slap someone's cool artwork on the cabinet and backbox and them moves on to the next mock-up without even coming close to finishing a single game.
I never cease to be amazed...

IMG_1772 (resized).PNGIMG_1772 (resized).PNG

#20340 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Pat Lawlor & Roger Sharpe are also anti ball save. From the industry perspective a longer ball time is directly detrimental to earnings. Much harder to quantify how much money you're not making because it drains too fast.

Did these guys ever consider all the people (read: most people) who think pinball is a rip because their balls don't even last ten seconds, and subsequently don't play? Ball save ameliorates that phenomenon to some extent. It's not like it lasts very long.

#20341 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Did these guys ever consider all the people (read: most people) who think pinball is a rip because their balls don't even last ten seconds, and subsequently don't play? Ball save ameliorates that phenomenon to some extent. It's not like it lasts very long.

Exactly. Pinball is all about location play. If a kid steps up to a pin and his $1 is gone in 60 seconds, he moves on to the driving game. Pinball dies.

No ball save = tournament use only.

rd

#20342 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Agree completely. I actually love ball save to try new shots or risky shots. Also use it on my machines with family (set pretty high, too) -- they have no fun playing if I'm playing for 5 minutes, then they get up and drain in 10 seconds.

#20343 7 years ago

Didnt think I'd be reading about ball save here, but...

Ball save is actually not great for location play. The people that understand pinball already know about ball save and how to use it. The people that don't are usually quite surprised that it happens.

On your own games, you might notice guests and novices you need to tell about the ball save so they understand it is coming. When this doesn't happen at the location, it is generally confusing to new players.

#20344 7 years ago

Johns games were never intended to go on location, the warranty even expressed it would be void by doing so.

#20345 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Didnt think I'd be reading about ball save here, but...
Ball save is actually not great for location play. The people that understand pinball already know about ball save and how to use it. The people that don't are usually quite surprised that it happens.
On your own games, you might notice guests and novices you need to tell about the ball save so they understand it is coming. When this doesn't happen at the location, it is generally confusing to new players.

This is not what I saw when I had a booth with 3 machines at the local Comic Con last weekend. All 3 were set to free play, only GB has a ball save. On the other two players drained and then looked at their bonus and then wait to plunge the next one. On GB the looked to plunge the next one, but instead the big "BALL SAVED" text went across the screen and it shot out another ball for them. That was understood pretty quickly.

What new players don't get is the "shoot again" insert blinking signaling a ball save. When you have proper info showing where they expect to look at their score, I think they pick up on it pretty quick.

#20346 7 years ago

I can see how a ball save might surprise a complete virgin, but after once or twice they ought to get it.

Then again, even I will occasionally storm away in disgust during league after an Insta-Drain (TM) and almost miss a ball save!

I guess extra balls must really confuse novices during multiplayer games!

#20347 7 years ago

Novices don't really play multi player games. A booth at a local con is also different.

Ive operated games. The number of games that are left with ball three in the shooter lane thanks to a ball save shows that it is a confusing thing. Game making the last twenty or so years has been a huge clash over trying to attract new players with more simple game play, or getting long time players to come back again and again. Both have strategies to them but ball saver is actually a long time player strategy, not a new guy one.

#20348 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The number of games that are left with ball three in the shooter lane thanks to a ball save shows that it is a confusing thing.

Ball save is more effective when there is an auto-fire that puts it back into play, with appropriate sound/display info.

Novices will also be confused by a physical ball lock, not realizing a new ball has been placed in the shooter lane. They will just think the ball got stuck or something.

#20349 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

the warranty even expressed it would be void by doing so.

Yeah, "warranty". That's a good one.

#20350 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Novices don't really play multi player games. A booth at a local con is also different.
Ive operated games. The number of games that are left with ball three in the shooter lane thanks to a ball save shows that it is a confusing thing. Game making the last twenty or so years has been a huge clash over trying to attract new players with more simple game play, or getting long time players to come back again and again. Both have strategies to them but ball saver is actually a long time player strategy, not a new guy one.

But any modern game that has a ball save is also extremely likely to have an autoplunger as well (for multiball at least), so there will never be any confusion as the ball is launched...

*EDIT* Sorry Rosh- just saw you made the same point...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.