(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 491.
#20051 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

The whole thing screams scam. Should have called themselves Nigerian Pinball.
But people never learn.

What screams scam about it to you? They stated they are not looking for preorders.

#20052 7 years ago

Not only are there no preorders for Houdini, it seems to have been lost on everyone that from what I discerned, AP hopes to become the go-to boutique manufacturer for anyone who wants to design a pinball machine!

Sounds crazy, but think how cool that would be? Who wouldn't want to design their holy grail subject matter game, have it flipping virtually perhaps, and either try to get enough people interested to take it to production or have to cough up enough dough to have them make a one-off?

They could pretty easily develop a framework where most of the grunt work is done already, and you just need artwork, a rule set, and a layout. Custom mechs would cost more of course, and who better than JPOP for them to demonstrate the ability to do things outside the box?

I understand all the negativity from those who feel, and are in fact up to this point, victimized... but imagine the possibilities! This might have a happy ending after all, better than anyone could have guessed. This much I know: this outfit isn't out to scam anyone.

#20053 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This much I know: this outfit isn't out to scam anyone.

Well I don't believe Jpop set out to scam people, but it sure ended up that way.

#20054 7 years ago

! This might have a happy ending after all, better than anyone could have guessed. This much I know: this outfit isn't out to scam anyone

Ah? Amazing ? Another positive individual like me!

#20055 7 years ago

They could pretty easily develop a framework where most of the grunt work is done already, and you just need artwork, a rule set, and a layout. Custom mechs would cost more of course, and who better than JPOP for them to demonstrate the ability to do things outside the box?

Heck they could even have a "build your own pin" designer tool ala build your business card or build your website with all pre-fab components that you can place. I think at least part of their plan is to make it easy for joe corporation thow some of their marketing dollars their way to buy their own branded pinball machine... who cares if it plays great or has deep rules as long as it can be turned around quickly, has the JoeCorp logo and can be placed in a display somewhere to draw attention to my hot and tasty widgets.

#20056 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And frankly, I'm beginning to question whether you are really a rockstar, pinball or otherwise.

Real classy,go personal on me...

#20057 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

#20058 7 years ago

I understand all the negativity from those who feel, and are in fact up to this point, victimized

Seems to me the majority of the negativity concerning AP are from people that don't have skin in the Jpop fiasco.

#20059 7 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Seems to me the majority of the negativity concerning AP are from people that don't have skin in the Jpop fiasco.

Right on

#20060 7 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

and that matters how?

#20061 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Heck they could even have a "build your own pin" designer tool ala build your business card or build your website with all pre-fab components that you can place. I think at least part of their plan is to make it easy for joe corporation thow some of their marketing dollars their way to buy their own branded pinball machine... who cares if it plays great or has deep rules as long as it can be turned around quickly, has the JoeCorp logo and can be placed in a display somewhere to draw attention to my hot and tasty widgets.

There isn't any pinball experience or pedigree in the industry, no released plans of logistics or manufacturing, no business plan, no word on capital, no sourcing of parts or assembling of raw materials...

I hope it is real, but it's a long shot in the best scenario.

#20062 7 years ago

Good pinball needs more than playfield design and manufacturing.

It needs good design backed by testing and refining to create a well playing playfield. Then it needs good coding.

Who knows if they can find those people. Jpop has imagination but it took a team to make his prior pins any good.

#20063 7 years ago

but imagine the possibilities!

um......

Disapointed in you Dan. This has already been around for quite some time and already have one contract game out the door...

Spooky is a contract manufacturer. They already have Dominos completed and shipping soon. Pretty sure they have a 2nd contract game in the works also.

I am under the understanding that if you have enough money and the means to sign off and make it happen, they are happy to be hired to build pinball.

Given a choice between Spooky and AP for something like this (actually anything) I would be talking to Spooky.

#20064 7 years ago

Well, I'm not up on all that, haven't taken time to listen to their podcasts even. I will say that competition is a major driving force for innovation, so it's all good!

But, heck yeah, go Spooky!

#20065 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There isn't any pinball experience or pedigree in the industry, no released plans of logistics or manufacturing, no business plan, no word on capital, no sourcing of parts or assembling of raw materials...
I hope it is real, but it's a long shot in the best scenario.

Quoted from dmesserly:

Good pinball needs more than playfield design and manufacturing.
It needs good design backed by testing and refining to create a well playing playfield. Then it needs good coding.
Who knows if they can find those people. Jpop has imagination but it took a team to make his prior pins any good.

Interesting that they added Joe Balcer to the mix according to their FB page.

#20066 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Interesting that they added Joe Balcer to the mix according to their FB page.

Did someone say pedigree?

DUN Dun dunnnn...

#20067 7 years ago

And please make sure to post any video you take, or that Expo, or anyone else has of the AP presentation - I'd want to see the presentation and Q&A directly, than get recaps in posts.

#20068 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Sorry, did not mean to go personal on you. Not sure how I did that exactly. Chalk it up to Dutch/American cultural differences in humour. I would suggest not to get your hopes up too high about AP. JPOP already burned you once, don't let him do it again.

#20069 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sorry, did not mean to go personal on you. Not sure how I did that exactly. Chalk it up to Dutch/American cultural differences in humour. I would suggest not to get your hopes up too high about AP. JPOP already burned you once, don't let him do it again.

Yeah i know..i just hope for it so bad Vic..
Everybody (incl me) lost so much.

#20070 7 years ago

So... will Joe Balcer be doing the fixing of the things John created or will he be designing the next game, and would that mean that other then Magic Girl there will be no other designs that John made? Or maybe it's like : Houdini, MG, <Something Joe Designed>, RAZA etc..?

#20071 7 years ago

From their FB page...hmm set up an appointment to not preorder?

We're looking forward to seeing everyone in person this weekend at Expo. It's true we'll be presenting Friday morning at 9am.
If you'd also like to schedule an appointment please email us at [email protected].

#20072 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

and that matters how?

It doesn't matter, let's have another 10,000 posts of misinformation, wild speculation from the self proclaimed experts and people bitching just to hear themselves bitch.

#20073 7 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

It doesn't matter, let's have another 10,000 posts of misinformation, wild speculation from the self proclaimed experts and people bitching just to hear themselves bitch.

That's pinside in a nutshell

#20074 7 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Welcome to the Internet, friend!!!

#20075 7 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

10,000? No, we are up past 20,000 now

#20076 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Welcome to the Internet, friend!!!

Sweet Godzilla photo though.

#20077 7 years ago

I bet there's no flipping AP games and no flipping Magic Girl at Expo.

Don't forget your pitchforks and torches, people.

#20078 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I bet there's no flipping AP games and no flipping Magic Girl at Expo.

Yep, I bet you are right. I wonder what Chris at Cointaker thinks about all this...and how he will feel when the promise made to him of getting a MG is broken (yet again).

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong...... but I bet I'm not.

#20079 7 years ago

I'll leave this right here from Face Book

Screenshot_20161012-203820~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161012-203820~2 (resized).png

#20080 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

He realizes his weaknesses?

Is that followed by the line "... and they are that I will not trust Pinside anymore since they caused all the problems?"

#20081 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#20082 7 years ago

JPOP news is sounding better and better. I sure like to see more new game desgins from him.

#20083 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

JPOP news is sounding better and better. I sure like to see more new game desgins from him.

When you say "New" do you mean the fact that he steals from his own ideas so much it is "deliverance" in a pinball machine?

Magic and Theater, so new with ideas an color schemes we will have Circus Voltaire, Theater of Magic, Magic Girl, Totan, Houdini in Wonderland . . . . Arrghhh - suey - suey!

#20084 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Woah.

#20085 7 years ago

Have we entered the F ing Twilight Zone? Because I don't know what to make of this alternate universe

A continuation of one of the strangest stories ever, not just pinball but it would be hard to even make this shit up. So it must be true right?

#20086 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have we entered the F ing Twilight Zone? Because I don't know what to make of this alternate universe

No, we jumped onto the highway to the danger zone!

Highway to the Danger Zone
I'm gonna take you
Right into the Danger Zone

#20087 7 years ago

did Chris 'play' the games or were they boxes of lights? That would be a key detail.

#20088 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

did Chris 'play' the games or were they boxes of lights? That would be a key detail.

I assume he's getting his pin at Expo? Per Houdiners.

#20089 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm gonna take you
» YouTube video

4af2907f55a3735dc47401d7fbd64375_1280w (resized).jpg4af2907f55a3735dc47401d7fbd64375_1280w (resized).jpg

#20090 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A continuation of one of the strangest stories ever, not just pinball but it would be hard to even make this shit up. So it must be true right?

I tried to tell this story to my Dad who isn't into pinball. I felt crazy trying to explain it.

#20091 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I tried to tell this story to my Dad who isn't into pinball. I felt crazy trying to explain it.

Yep, nobody in their right mind would believe this shit.

I don't explain shit to anybody for fear of confirming how stupid i am to others.

#20092 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I assume he's getting his pin at Expo? Per Houdiners.

I hope so.

#20093 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, nobody in their right mind would believe this shit.
I don't explain shit to anybody for fear of confirming how stupid i am to others.

Lol. I tried to tell a friend about expo in a way that made it seemed important and interesting. I failed on both accounts.

#20094 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm gonna take you
» YouTube video

Correct, that is the danger zone and this is the alternate universe, with this turd.

GW yuck (resized).jpgGW yuck (resized).jpg

#20095 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Correct, that is the danger zone and this is the alternate universe, with this turd.

I turned one of those down for free. I think it was missing the translight, which would make it better. But was not worth the hour drive each way.

#20096 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, nothing in there about "playing" the game(s).

There's plenty of light-up boxes, there needs to be a playing game.

#20097 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

When you say "New" do you mean the fact that he steals from his own ideas so much it is "deliverance" in a pinball machine?
Magic and Theater, so new with ideas an color schemes we will have Circus Voltaire, Theater of Magic, Magic Girl, Totan, Houdini in Wonderland . . . . Arrghhh - suey - suey!

Stealing from yourself could be explained as a "style"

#20098 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Lawyers of his trying to contact me, when finally replied they said nothing was moving forward disregard all their calls to get back to them. I'm assuming they knew I still carry the rights to the titles.

I like to quote this, since there was not much reaction on it. What does this mean Wcbrandes owns the rights now and not American Pinball? Can anyone (preferbly the author himself) share some info on this?

#20099 7 years ago

More lies and more people conned out of money. It is SURREAL that this keeps happening. At this rate he will have (someone help me with numbers here) pins promised and not delivered by this time next year!

Given the number of people this has happened to, I am afraid there is only one conclusion to draw at this point - John is good at convincing people to give him money for nothing. Very good. If you look at it a certain way he conned the whole pinball community from WCS. Or even before that by convincing us that his prior efforts were essentially one man shows, all done by him, and that's why he could do 4 or 5 pins, or even more, all by himself and be successful. When now it turns out he can't even properly layout a playfield, design shots, or even do the artwork himself. RIP.

#20100 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, nothing in there about "playing" the game(s).
There's plenty of light-up boxes, there needs to be a playing game.

No. They asked for anyone to vouche it was real. Chris said he was able to look at it but not flip it. lile I said, shit show. These guys seem to be swimming in the deep end of the pool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 402 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/402 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.