(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 491.
#19801 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This can only end in tears.
If you can't see the pig in the poke you deserve to eat cats.

Quoted from j_m_:

is this some secret code you're speaking in?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke

"The idioms pig in a poke and sell a pup (or buy a pup) refer to a confidence trick originating in the Late Middle Ages, when meat was scarce, but cats and dogs were not.

A poke is a sack or bag. It has a French origin as "poque" and, like several other French words, its diminutive is formed by adding "ette" or "et"—hence "pocket" began life with the meaning "small bag". Poke is still in use in several English-speaking places, including Scotland and some regions of the USA. For example among English hop growers, a poke is a large sack into which hops are poured to be taken from the picking machine to the oast for drying.

The scheme entailed the sale of a suckling pig in a poke. The bag, sold unopened, would actually contain a cat or dog, which was substantially less valuable as a source of meat. The French idiom acheter (un) chat en poche (to buy a cat in a bag) refers to an actual sale of this nature, as do many European equivalents, while the English expression refers to the appearance of the trick."

#19802 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This can only end in tears.
If you can't see the pig in the poke you deserve to eat cats.

Moment of reflection for all excited about the turn of events in the realm of Magic Girl....

Is American Pinball going to actually make everyone 'whole' to clear the PR path for JPOP for Magic Girl? Preorder folks were only part of the story folks...

*cough cough* As in... will ALL of the people like myself who were convinced to work (and stick around) above and beyond (for little to no pay at times) under the guise that we would receive a machine upon completion as the bonus to offset?

Will we receive our promised games? I've received no call so I guess no.

And THAT is why all should temper their excitement in future JPOP projects... remember they were built on the backs of folks who were also taken for a ride...

To the point: those machines being delivered contain work never fully paid for.

/end reality check

#19803 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It's called you need a new phone.

Bingo.

Its a S7 clearly you know absolutely nothing about contrast, lighting or taking pictures.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

HE WASNT ALLOWED TO TAKE DETAILED PICS. THIS WAS ALL THEY WOULD ALLOW

He doesn't get it

#19804 7 years ago

From everyone I've personally reached out to who worked on the zid games, no one is working on the new game and all were left stiffed.

#19805 7 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Moment of reflection for all excited about the turn of events in the realm of Magic Girl....
Is American Pinball going to actually make everyone 'whole' to clear the PR path for JPOP for Magic Girl? Preorder folks were only part of the story folks...
*cough cough* As in... will ALL of the people like myself who were convinced to work (and stick around) above and beyond (for little to no pay at times) under the guise that we would receive a machine upon completion as the bonus to offset?
And THAT is why all should temper their excitement in future JPOP projects... remember they were built on the backs of folks who were also taken for a ride...
/end reality check

I hope you are made whole as well ZY. I doubt that everyone will be made whole though. On their facebook page their was a comment from AP about working on making others whole after MG but it has disappeared.

#19806 7 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

/end reality check

Incoming PM

#19808 7 years ago

So beautiful!

#19809 7 years ago

AP facebook page
"They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 3. We're at the G2E show, booth 4105 if you'd like to stop by and see it for yourself."

H2 (resized).jpgH2 (resized).jpg
H3 (resized).jpgH3 (resized).jpg
H1 (resized).jpgH1 (resized).jpg

#19810 7 years ago

Whysnow, breathe in. Breathe out. Go out for a nice walk. Pet kitty. Nice heart rate-lowering things.

#19811 7 years ago

Just as a reminder and context, here is the Magic Girl article from last year of the game that DID flip, had some rules and multiball, but was still deemed 50% done and shitcanned by Pintasia.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/magicgirl/index.html

#19812 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just as a reminder and context, here is the Magic Girl article from last year of the game that DID flip, had some rules and multiball, but was still deemed 50% done and shitcanned by Pintasia.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/magicgirl/index.html

Yeah, the one that was at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade show was booted up and played a few times with a lot of problems going on. It was definitely part way programmed, so they probably aren't starting from scratch. There were huge lines around it when it was booted up, I didn't actually play it, so I don't know how well it was developed, but here is some video:

#19813 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not if they don't approve of you using a better one.
Tim said he had a good look and the art, features and lighting look amazing.

hey, that sounds familiar.

#19814 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If Magic Girl owners are provided a machine, then doesn't that just buy SO much more time for John with regards to the RAZA and AIW customers? Meaning, how can you pursue lawsuits based on fraud when he has delivered games, albeit VERY late? Can't he just say they're coming?

If Magic Girl games were actually being shipped, that could help to undercut any claims of fraud, though the counter-argument would be that he is now on the back-end trying to cover for his prior behavior by actually making a few games.

But isn't the primary claim the buyers have here for breach of contract? Zidware took money and hasn't shipped games within anything approaching a "reasonable time." I can't see how shipping a few Magic Girls to a few buyers would do anything to the legal claims of RAZA and AIW customers that their contracts were not honored.

#19815 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

AP facebook page
"They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 3. We're at the G2E show, booth 4105 if you'd like to stop by and see it for yourself."

Now lets see it flip as it's just a art piece right now. As far magic girl goes that played like crap when it was showed.

#19816 7 years ago

Not bad!

0f0d5eea814d20219db2718ef88f99cd7e285dea (resized).jpg0f0d5eea814d20219db2718ef88f99cd7e285dea (resized).jpg

#19817 7 years ago

Thanks Ted....Harry on a Good Hair day!

#19819 7 years ago

I see what's really going on here.
JPOP is simply trying to get into the Guinness book of world records as the most prolific designer of games that never got produced!

Wake me up when he announces David Copperfield, the pinball!
The entire game will just vanish into thin air as you unbox it

#19820 7 years ago

Well, pics of Houdini at vegas I put here from their FB page have been deleted, so go to American Pinball's FB page to see them.
They're obviously not top secret if they're on FB, but whatever...

https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/?fref=ts

#19821 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I see what's really going on here.
JPOP is simply trying to get into the Guinness book of world records as the most prolific designer of games that never got produced!
Wake me up when he announces David Copperfield, the pinball!
The entire game will just vanish into thin air as you unbox it

Theatre of Magic was originally intended to be David Copperfield ... so he's already done the sleight of hand.

#19822 7 years ago

Zombie Yeti did do some David Copperfield art for jpop as well, for a pin that never saw light of day.

#19823 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Well, pics of Houdini at vegas I put here from their FB page have been deleted, so go to American Pinball's FB page to see them.

strange as they are still posted on the other thread

#19824 7 years ago

This thread isn't even being bumped to top of the forum when new posts are made.
???

#19825 7 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

If it's not answered by Expo, this should be the first question asked during their seminar. Any non-answer should be considered a "no" and people can decide if they want to support AP at that time.

#19827 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

This thread isn't even being bumped to top of the forum when new posts are made.
???

The shear weight of 20k posts is holding it down.

#19828 7 years ago

I am surprised we have not seen any real pinball paparazzi photos of this game from G2E yet.

#19829 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Zombie Yeti did do some David Copperfield art for jpop as well, for a pin that never saw light of day.

Not yet you mean.

From Magic Girl comes Houdini and David Copperfield next!
JPOP has to keep the "magic" alive.

#19830 7 years ago

If John became a home builder...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19831 7 years ago

"Consultant" my ass - Stevie Wonder could tell John designed this thing.

I like the LCD that isn't even mounted straight, with visible metal frame at top and 2 pointless banners to hide the left and right edges.

This looks to have the same issues as MG and RAZA. A great-looking PF, but absolutely no clue how to make anything work above it (ramps, return lanes) Just a pile of laser-cut nonsense lit up like a Christmas tree.

The photos suck (and better ones weren't allowed) because it would reveal how NOTHING goes together in a cohesive way.

#19832 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like the LCD that isn't even mounted straight, with visible metal frame at top and 2 pointless banners to hide the left and right edges.
This looks to have the same issues as MG and RAZA. A great-looking PF, but absolutely no clue how to make anything work above it (ramps, return lanes) Just a pile of laser-cut nonsense lit up like a Christmas tree.
The photos suck (and better ones weren't allowed) because it would reveal how NOTHING goes together in a cohesive way.

So tell us how you really feel, Ben.

#19833 7 years ago

JPOP has been working hard the past year making great pinball.

#19834 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

#19835 7 years ago

Jpop, hardest working man in pinball

Is Ben Heck doing the code on Houdini?

#19836 7 years ago

Would probably need a working game in order to write code.

Sorry guys I'm smelling a major MG 2.0 here. Call me wrong in 3 weeks but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

#19837 7 years ago

At least more of Houdini has been shown than BM66. Bazzinga!!

#19838 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

At least more of Houdini has been shown than BM66. Bazzinga!!

Bet you BM66 flips...Kapow!

#19839 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Bet you BM66 flips...kapow!

I bet Houdini disappears.

#19840 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I do not see any deletions. Feel free to post the pictures in this thread.

Marcus

#19841 7 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I do not see any deletions. Feel free to post the pictures in this thread.
Marcus

Thanks, it was right before 19810

H1 (resized).jpgH1 (resized).jpg

H3 (resized).jpgH3 (resized).jpg

H2 (resized).jpgH2 (resized).jpg

#19842 7 years ago

Photo Credit: Jon Norris

Houdini4 (resized).jpgHoudini4 (resized).jpg

#19843 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I believe the King Of Diamonds remake was made and delivered from China.

No, it was assembled in Taiwan using mostly American made parts. The HomePin/Thunderbirds thread gives you some insight about building product in China. Almost nothing can be imported. It virtually all needs to be made within China. We couldn't even import hardware to Taiwan that was Made in China.

#19844 7 years ago

Another photo by Jon Norris

Houdini6 (resized).jpgHoudini6 (resized).jpg

#19845 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Another photo by Jon Norris

Jpop was a whitewood designer,so i presume the thing shoots real good.
They have to polish,code and tweak this protomachine a bit,big deal..
I hope AP will get stuff done and send me a houdini for my aiw money.
And it would be nice if there was an apologie letter from JPOP inside the cab.
The feeling of my money vanishing won't go away anytime soon though..that was hard to deal with for months.

#19846 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

And it would be nice if there was an apologie letter from JPOP inside the cab.

Sure. And I hope a sloth riding a lama thru space discovers an assortment of fruit.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19847 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Sure. And I hope a sloth riding a lama thru space discovers an assortment of fruit.

that is hilarious,got coffee coming out my nose now...hahaha
the most insane picture í ever saw,perios...

#19848 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Photo Credit: Jon Norris

Is that a stripper on a pole near the right ramp? I don't remember any strippers in Houdini's act.

#19849 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Is that a stripper on a pole near the right ramp? I don't remember any strippers in Houdini's act.

That would be the Indian rope trick.
Magicchiz

#19850 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Jpop was a whitewood designer,so i presume the thing shoots real good.
They have to polish,code and tweak this protomachine a bit,big deal..

I hope you get your AIW too, but can't assume anything and "polish and tweak" is a big deal.

At least there is a chance now that someone is going to rescue this whole fiasco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 397 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/397 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.