(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 490.
#19751 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If there is the slightest chance of AP delivering games to the original owners this is likely the worst thing you can do. If you just want to shut down JPOP and make him suffer then go ahead. Bankruptcy will just mean no one is going to get anything.

not at all! John is merely a claimed employee of American Pinball. Once they are potted in to produce this game, then you have MORE leverage to ensure things are made right if you are pushing forward legally. American Pinball has now tied themselves to John and has surely used things developed with MG, RAZA, AiW dollars. Force their hand, DO NOT WAIT!

If you are seriously going to get Charlie Brown'd again then there is no hope for you.

#19752 7 years ago

It's still very very far from a sure thing but the company has the industry knowledge and financial backing to make it work.
With crazy pinball prices it was only a matter of time before a real corperation wanted to jump into the pinball industry.

#19753 7 years ago

I cannot wait to hear the next podcast, the one that will talk about this thread and it's loudest protagonists, hahaha

#19754 7 years ago

Can someone buy the Pinball News guy a new camera? Holy hell, it's freakin' 2016. They get an chance to reveal to the community such a controversial game and take one picture that blurry.

#19755 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone buy the Pinball News guy a new camera? Holy hell, it's freakin' 2016. They get an chance to reveal to the community such a controversial game and take two pictures, neither of which are even distinguishable.

If you read the article the bottom says they didn't want any pictures taken but after pleading they allowed only those 2 from a distance.

#19756 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

If you read the article the bottom says they didn't want any pictures taken but after pleading they allowed only those 2 from a distance.

You're telling me that you can't take a picture of a pinball machine with your phone that looks better than that, from 20' away?

#19757 7 years ago

You're telling me that you can't take a picture of a pinball machine with your phone that looks better than that, from 20' away?

Not if they don't approve of you using a better one.

Tim said he had a good look and the art, features and lighting look amazing.

#19758 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not if they don't approve of you using a better one.

Maybe he was using a flip phone or something because any modern phone would be able to take a clear picture.

#19759 7 years ago

Maybe he was using a flip phone or something because any modern phone would be able to take a clear picture.

Of a well lit machine in a dimly lit room? Just took this with a modern phone. It's called lighting and contrast.

14749784947621217106257 (resized).jpg14749784947621217106257 (resized).jpg

#19760 7 years ago

In zooming in on the picture the inside of the cabinet looks vertically deep with maybe a Houdini bash toy or decoration in the back right corner. There looks to be a lot of vertical elements in the game. Could be very interesting.

I wish AP well and hope they can put out a quality product. If so, I could definetly be in the market for this game. More quality products only benefit everybody.

#19761 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not at all! John is merely a claimed employee of American Pinball. Once they are potted in to produce this game, then you have MORE leverage to ensure things are made right if you are pushing forward legally. American Pinball has now tied themselves to John and has surely used things developed with MG, RAZA, AiW dollars. Force their hand, DO NOT WAIT!
If you are seriously going to get Charlie Brown'd again then there is no hope for you.

It will likely mean that anyone involved waists a bunch more in legal fees and time for Zidware to file bankruptcy and for AP to wash their hands of the situation and move on. The money sent to Zidware is lost in my opinion. There comes a point were it no longer makes sense to spend more time or money on something that is not going to have a beneficial outcome. If AP can do anything for the original purchasers that is more then what they are likely going to get through any legal avenue.

#19762 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There comes a point were it no longer makes sense to spend more time or money on something that is not going to have a beneficial outcome. If AP can do anything for the original purchasers that is more then what they are likely going to get through any legal avenue.

you define beneficial much differently than I do I guess.

I consider it beneficial if Jpop is bankrupt, out of house, has no job, and has to feel the wrath of his own incompetance. Getting money back means very little compared to the satisfaction of knowing he gets what he deserves after stealing the money, lies and more lies, and then evaporating for the past year.

#19763 7 years ago

The entire cab is zidware with zidware hinges, what is that logo on the headstock?

#19764 7 years ago

[Post redacted by legal advisor]

Edit : [Also redacted , nice try ]

#19765 7 years ago

I can almost smell the Koolaid fumes as I read it!

Seriously, a hundred million soccer mom's can post laser-sharp pictures of their kid's birthday cakes on Facebook, and this guy can't get one decent picture of the sasquatch of the pinball world?

#19766 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you define beneficial much differently than I do I guess.
I consider it beneficial if Jpop is bankrupt, out of house, has no job, and has to feel the wrath of his own incompetance. Getting money back means very little compared to the satisfaction of knowing he gets what he deserves after stealing the money, lies and more lies, and then evaporating for the past year.

I completely understand that feeling from many of the people that have sent him money. If you truly feel that way that help the people that feel the same as you raise enough money to make that happen. To me it's just lighting more money on fire. Easy for me to say when I haven't lost it though.

#19767 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I can almost smell the Koolaid fumes as I read it!
Seriously, a hundred million soccer mom's can post laser-sharp pictures of their kid's birthday cakes on Facebook, and this guy can't get one decent picture of the sasquatch of the pinball world?

As per the article"
"PS: They were very reluctant for me to take any pictures, but after begging and begging, I managed to get the blurry, far-away one you see above."

#19768 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

As per the article"
"PS: They were very reluctant for me to take any pictures, but after begging and begging, I managed to get the blurry, far-away one you see above."

Pity I wasn't there with my 20x zoom

#19769 7 years ago

from the article and crap pictures I have to wonder if it is foamcore mock up stage still. That is what teh jpop KISS game was.

#19770 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from the article and crap pictures I have to wonder if it is foamcore mock up stage still. That is what teh jpop KISS game was.

Haha I guess it's better than a empty cabinet with lights

#19771 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to wonder

You mean you chose to wonder as a pessimist that's been burned before. You don't "have" to do anything.

#19772 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Even blurry , that pic is not foam core !?

I will try to drive to streamwood this week to get some facts on MG.

#19773 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

You mean you chose to wonder as a pessimist that's been burned before. You don't "have" to do anything.

no, I am actually an optimist but also a scientist which means I actually use hard data. Last data point from JPop is a foamcore mock up. Looked great from 10 feet away. Was foam printout and from 3 feet you just shook your head.

#19774 7 years ago

Very interesting. I will keep my wallet closed, but I will look. Their is more to a machine than a pretty art work. The play,feel, will the mechs hold up and will the electronics last more than 18 months? Need to see under the hood.
As for the legation, keep it moving forward. No matter what happens John is still in hot water over what he did.

#19775 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Someone had brought up previously that the Houdini trademark hadn't been granted for this game yet. This is very reminiscent of John showing his Kiss at MGC. It does feel 100% John and certainly because he seems to be the only person in the world that thinks doing this is enough.

That was me. It's worth noting you need to provide "evidence of use" before having the rights granted. This means you have to have a product to show the USPTO before they will officially grant the Trademark. So AP HAS to make a product and have something to show to move forward with the TM.

Also, I'm pretty decent at finding IP owners as I own a TM but I couldn't find anything in the little time I searched. I'd imagine AP did their due diligence but clearly much crazier things have happened in this hobby.

#19776 7 years ago

Except an HTC One with original firmware.....

#19777 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One possibility is that he's the only (classic big name) designer they could get. Everyone else has been snapped up by the big companies.

Brian Eddy disappeared.
(AFM, Shadow, MM, Black Rose)

#19778 7 years ago

so what if these magic girls that are going to be produced/delivered, are little more that the same game that was taken up to the NW show. You know the machine that was basically unplayable, had little rules/software, missing toys (which will likely now have pieces of crap versions) and by all accounts pretty much sucked. Or possibly they just stripped out a bunch of the stuff that was not done, in order to get these made. Hard to think this will satisfy those who dropped serious coin for one of these, but could satisfy legal requirements of delivery sufficiently to win in court.

While this is certainly an interesting development, hard to see it leading to a satisfactory conclusion for those who have given john money.

#19779 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Except an HTC One with original firmware.....

You have one of those also? My camera went pink fuzzy about a year ago. They were willing to fix it but I would have to send them my phone and be without it for probably a month. No way, not for the camera. It is a phone first.

#19780 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Of a well lit machine in a dimly lit room? Just took this with a modern phone. It's called lighting and contrast.

It's called you need a new phone.

Quoted from radium:

Bingo.

#19781 7 years ago

It's probably been stated before, but this thread moves too fast to keep up.

If Magic Girl owners are provided a machine, then doesn't that just buy SO much more time for John with regards to the RAZA and AIW customers? Meaning, how can you pursue lawsuits based on fraud when he has delivered games, albeit VERY late? Can't he just say they're coming?

#19782 7 years ago

Once again, you'd have to suspend all common sense to believe that American Pinball came out of nowhere and decided to start a pinball machine company first and then thought about hmmmmmm.....who can we get to design our games for us.

John started this whole venture and brought the Zizzle guy in that he worked with before. He just can't show up as an owner yet because of his legal issues.

The ONLY thing that matters here is prior folks getting made whole and they actually start shipping functional pinball machines.

Until that happens, this is nothing.

Seeing how Spooky can actually put together pins in a newly constructed barn, I'm sure it can happen here too.

But you can't forget all of the lies and misrepresentations made by John for years.

Can he redeem himself? Let's see.

#19783 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

so what if these magic girls that are going to be produced/delivered, are little more that the same game that was taken up to the NW show. You know the machine that was basically unplayable, had little rules/software, missing toys (which will likely now have pieces of crap versions) and by all accounts pretty much sucked. Or possibly they just stripped out a bunch of the stuff that was not done, in order to get these made. Hard to think this will satisfy those who dropped serious coin for one of these, but could satisfy legal requirements of delivery sufficiently to win in court.
While this is certainly an interesting development, hard to see it leading to a satisfactory conclusion for those who have given john money.

Reminds me of the Tucker automobile story.

#19784 7 years ago

It's called you need a new phone.

Bingo.

HE WASNT ALLOWED TO TAKE DETAILED PICS. THIS WAS ALL THEY WOULD ALLOW

#19785 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I wonder why they would make a big deal about announcing the Houdini pinball machine, set it up in an empty hotel room in Las Vegas, and then not let anyone see it?

Strange indeed, not Corn's fault.

#19786 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wonder why they would make a big deal about announcing the Houdini pinball machine, set it up in an empty hotel room in Las Vegas, and then not let anyone see it?

Not to mention ship a 300lb pinball machine 1400 miles.. or wait, do they allow that as a carry-on now?

#19787 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So what you're trying to say is... his lens was dirty?

#19788 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Many animals conceal their turds. It is nature's way.

#19789 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def not Corn's fault. He did the best he could. The guy had like a day notice. He managed to get them to show him the game and take a pic, albeit not a very good pic. He did the best he could. Seems like AP is doing the best they can too. They have made many phone calls this week trying to sort this out.

They've done more in a year than JPOP did in 5.

#19790 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not to mention ship a 300lb pinball machine 1400 miles.. or wait, do they allow that as a carry-on now?

Shipped by truck, with their booth and other stuff for the show. By weight, with a show load going, maybe $50-$100 round trip, especially if they have done shows before.

The Hotel room showing is for several reasons I imagine. The parent show and booth, might get unneeded attention, as well as the game, and scrutiny of the game.

as its not flipping, putting it on the floor would be a big disaster.

The legal system works in very strange ways with issues like this, and my only multiple experiences I have had has been that the lawyers, govt, and a few secured creditors "win".

I feel that for anyone financially invested in JPOP games, that this is news worth celebrating, as its possible
for some positive outcome.

Yes, 100%, dont support the pre order model. But maybe, just maybe, without the pitchforks, good can come from this.

The Legal system, is still there, still grinding away, and any opportunity for any recovery, IMO, is better than bankruptcy.

#19791 7 years ago

20,000 posts?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#19792 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Def not Corn's fault. He did the best he could. The guy had like a day notice. He managed to get them to show him the game and take a pic, albeit not a very good pic. .

Was there any other "press" at this event?

Were actually any other people in the room besides American Pinball and Tim?

I'm genuinely curious as to what the actual scene was there.

#19793 7 years ago

This can only end in tears.

If you can't see the pig in the poke you deserve to eat cats.

#19794 7 years ago

JPOP= John's Pretend Only Pinballs.

#19795 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you can't see the pig in the poke you deserve to eat cats.

is this some secret code you're speaking in?

google translate says ''Uma ungeke ukwazi ukubona ingulube in the kopolota uyalunga udle cats"

#19796 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was there any other "press" at this event?
Were actually any other people in the room besides American Pinball and Tim?
I'm genuinely curious as to what the actual scene was there.

I'll ask

#19797 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I will try to drive to streamwood this week to get some facts on MG.

Please ask about RAZA, too.

#19798 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I implore you that they do not deserve the stage at expo to talk about Houdini. If they want to talk about Houdini then all the questions need to be answered about MG, RAZA, AND AiW.

Ask 'em those questions after they're done talking up Houdini at Expo.

#19799 7 years ago

Can someone buy the Pinball News guy a new camera? Holy hell, it's freakin' 2016. They get an chance to reveal to the community such a controversial game and take one picture that blurry.

The blurriness was intentional - they would not allow him a clear shot. Methinks they went DPRK on him and checked his phone before allowing him to leave...

#19800 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is this some secret code you're speaking in?
google translate says ''Uma ungeke ukwazi ukubona ingulube in the kopolota uyalunga udle cats"

That is Zulu. Actually it should be -

如果你不能看到捅猪你值得吃猫

(Rúguǒ nǐ bùnéng kàn dào tǒng zhū nǐ zhídé chī māo)

The pig in the poke has to do with buying something sight unseen is a bad thing. The eating of cat has to do with Chinese restaurants (in Bridgeport CT). So a Chinese translation works well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/396?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.