(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 490.
#19352 7 years ago

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com/

I suggest that website needs some even less flattering photos of him plastered on top. Not like the current ones are any good but still.

#19353 7 years ago

Question nobody's asking, is Houdini even a good theme? Maybe for a 1930's nickel game, but now?

With enough money, and John not in charge, maybe this could be pulled off.

But they'd have to, without a doubt, offer SOMETHING to the people who got burned before. Maybe the game is 50% off, they get a LE... something. If they don't do that, dead in the water.

#19354 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But they'd have to, without a doubt, offer SOMETHING to the people who got burned before. Maybe the game is 50% off, they get a LE... something. If they don't do that, dead in the water.

Without a doubt? How do you figure that? I would expect an investor to see it as "not my problem" and leave that bit of retribution to Jpop to reconcile externally. So good luck with that.

#19355 7 years ago

Houdini was an amazing and fascinating person!

utterly zero chance i would give a single dime to any company actively doing business with jpop though.

#19356 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

is Houdini even a good theme? Maybe for a 1930's nickel game

Or you're harry anderson from night court.. Honestly if someone came out with a penn & teller pinball game and had some of their famous tricks (maybe the 3 cup fake out using dropping platforms and VUKS to move the ball around), and lots of cursing by Penn I would be ALL IN!

#19357 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Without a doubt? How do you figure that? I would expect an investor to see it as "not my problem" and leave that bit of retribution to Jpop to reconcile externally. So good luck with that.

Idk, since the widespread vitriol for Jpop seems like it might stand a chance of completely sinking their investment, i would hope they would think of it as their problem too. Assuming they're semi-experienced, semi-intelligent investors anyway.

#19358 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Or you're harry anderson from night court.. Honestly if someone came out with a penn & teller pinball game and had some of their famous tricks (maybe the 3 cup fake out using dropping platforms and VUKS to move the ball around), and lots of cursing by Penn I would be ALL IN!

Yeah, some kind of magic themed pinball would be awesome, but not Houdini and not with JPop's involvement.

Houdini is a historical artifact, Penn & Teller would be a great one. A wizard mode could be "Teller Speaks" .

#19359 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Everyone needs to bombard American Pinball's Facebook with reviews and comments. Only post factual information and do not threaten them in any way, but let it be known what is happening ASAP people. JPOP is hiding behind American Pinball and we need to make sure everyone knows the deal.

Someone should post a link to this (and other JPOP) thread(s).

#19360 7 years ago

So there's now 7 reviews of American Pinball, but the "likes" have gone up 19 since the announcement. That's seriously disappointing. A lot of shit being talked on Pinside and not a lot of action. It takes 2 minutes to write a review to warn the pinball community. I'm seriously beginning to think RobT is on to something....if you think social media doesn't mean anything you are dead wrong. Don't bother bitching if you aren't willing to take the time to help warn people.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/?ref=br_rs

#19361 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So there's now 7 reviews of American Pinball, but the "likes" have gone up 19 since the announcement. That's seriously disappointing. A lot of shit being talked on Pinside and not a lot of action. It takes 2 minutes to write a review to warn the pinball community. I'm seriously beginning to think RobT is on to something....if you think social media doesn't mean anything you are dead wrong. Don't bother bitching if you aren't willing to take the time to help warn people.
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/americanpinball/?ref=br_rs

A page "like" simply means someone is following the page so they can find it again. It doesn't mean they actually necessarily "like" it.

#19362 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A page "like" simply means someone is following the page so they can find it again. It doesn't mean they actually necessarily "like" it.

Of course. I realize that. It also means there's at least 12 people that viewed/liked the page and did not write a review. Actually 13 because I did not "like" the page but wrote a review.

#19363 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So there's now 7 reviews of American Pinball, but the "likes" have gone up 19 since the announcement. That's seriously disappointing. A lot of shit being talked on Pinside and not a lot of action. It takes 2 minutes to write a review to warn the pinball community

A lot of people are tying JPOP to this company, which though is most likely true, hasn't been proven yet.

#19364 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

A lot of people are tying JPOP to this company, which though is most likely true, hasn't been proven yet.

Good timing as I was actually going to say the same thing. Unless I missed it somewhere, actual *confirmation* by American Pinball that JPop is the designer has not been made, correct?

Maybe we can get Lorenzo to send another email asking that question?

#19365 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Would be the world's greatest coincidence of 2016 if he and/or Magic Girl isn't part of this.

#19366 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Would be the world's greatest coincidence of 2016 if he and/or Magic Girl isn't part of this.

Agree completely. Like I said before, I have no doubt that JPop is all over this. But the question is whether American Pinball has actually acknowledged that? I don't think that they have. And that is no accident.

#19367 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It takes 2 minutes to write a review

Added my 2 cents (all it's worth)!

#19368 7 years ago

Posted as well.

You know, I could have a scintilla of compassion if the guy would have come out and apologized and explained things

But that's John, no remorse or shame and here he is again

#19369 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

In cowboy days, a posse would be mounting up about now.

Have you seen any good cowboy movies (aka westerns) lately?

I just rented Bone Tomahawk on DVD and it was OK.

#19370 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Have you seen any good cowboy movies (aka westerns) lately?
I just rented Bone Tomahawk on DVD and it was OK.

Bone Tomahawk was good.

I'll check out the Magnificent Seven reboot. I assume you've seen most of the classics already...

Cowboys vs. Aliens, Wild Wild West etc...

#19372 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I assume you've seen most of the classics already...
Cowboys vs. Aliens, Wild Wild West etc...

Wait, those are the "classics"?!?

#19373 7 years ago

damn i wonder if john papa duece knows that his hate thread is 19.5 thousand posts long!?! holy crap!

#19374 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

damn i wonder if john papa duece knows that his hate thread is 19.5 thousand posts long!?! holy crap!

Yes. He reads every post.

#19375 7 years ago

Just saw Magnificent 7! Sheesh! ….it was ok, but nothing compared to the original! (YB/SM)

magnificent 7 (resized).jpgmagnificent 7 (resized).jpg

#19376 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Bone Tomahawk was good.

Kurt Russell is AWESOME!!!!

Oh yeah almost forgot, FUCK JPOP

#19377 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Kurt Russell is AWESOME!!!!

Ha ha your the reason I chose the Pinside name I did ....... the conversation I had with you 1st time I met Ya @ SFGE ....... & @ that time I wasn't even on Pinside yet

#19378 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wait, those are the "classics"?!?

#19379 7 years ago

That's disappointing Ted, was going to see it tonight, better idea is to stay home and get hammered after long week!

#19380 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

better idea is to stay home and get hammered after long week!

True. Staying home and getting hammered after a Short week, here!

#19381 7 years ago

Playing Pin hammered here ........ as soon as I log off

#19382 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's disappointing Ted, was going to see it tonight, better idea is to stay home and get hammered after long week!

Or get hammered and go see the movie! Even if it sucks you won't remember the boring half.

#19383 7 years ago

Anyone see the new Facebook post from American Pinball talking about what a great guy JPOP is and promising everyone their MGs?

#19384 7 years ago

New pics just added on American pinballs Facebook page

FB_IMG_1474682413065 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1474682413065 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1474682408287 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1474682408287 (resized).jpg

#19385 7 years ago

I wonder when & where that pic was taken?

#19386 7 years ago

"By the end of 2016, Magic Girl machines will be delivered to their rightful owners."

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#19387 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I wonder when & where that pic was taken?

The statement says the pics reflect their progress.

#19388 7 years ago

Well, that's PROOF POSITIVE for me!

#19389 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

"By the end of 2016, Magic Girl machines will be delivered to their rightful owners."

Wow! Props to American Pinball if they pull that off.

#19390 7 years ago

tumblr_ls9ocifhPd1r0ojhto1_250 (resized).pngtumblr_ls9ocifhPd1r0ojhto1_250 (resized).png

#19391 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What a crock of shit!!!! it's unbelievable that this kind of blatant bullshit is allowed on Pinside. Robin states that political discussion is not allowed but this shit is tolerated by a damn criminal, liar and thief!!???

QSS

F#ck u Jpoop ad f#ck u American Pinball for associating with this a-hole/theif/criminal!!!

#19392 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

In the continued spirit of zidware... We show you... EMPTY CABINETS!!!

That's right folks... We expect you to be thrilled with cabinets and we hope you come see our reveal of our next CABINET at expo!

#19393 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's right folks... We expect you to be thrilled with cabinets and we hope you come see our reveal of our next CABINET at expo!

The best part is...that's Zombie Yeti's work. What did JPOP actually do on these as we see them?

#19394 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I sure hope that comes to fruition. They had to have known Houdini would be dead in the water unless the prior customers were taken care of. This will be interesting to watch unfold in the coming months.

#19395 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

What a crock of shit!!!! it's unbelievable that this kind of blatant bullshit is allowed on Pinside. Robin states that political discussion is not allowed but this shit is tolerated by a damn criminal, liar and thief!!???
QSS
F#ck u Jpoop ad f#ck u American Pinball for associating with this a-hole/theif/criminal!!!

Quoted cause it's the truth before it gets deleted.

QSS

#19396 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not sure how economical it would be to construct dozens of "empty" cabinets without the intention of actually filling them with a game. Not saying they'll have it done by the end of 2016 (I'll bet not). But they said the pictures are to illustrate progress and they do just that.

#19397 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

NO!! no props to American Pinball if they pull it off!!!! It's not going to happen, it's lies on top of lies on top of lies. Jeeze, does anyone believe this pack of liars????!!!!

QSS

#19398 7 years ago

Your limited run of 26 will now be open ended. Better than not getting the pin you paid for though, hope it works out for the original buyers.

Fuck JPOP.

#19399 7 years ago

American Pinball is probably the most productive pinball manufacture right now.

#19400 7 years ago

At least John's empty cab reveal had a backglass. No idea where that was taken, but it doesn't look like John's old shop. Now, I need to sell a pin to make room for my RAZA and to raise money for the second half of my payment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/388?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.