(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 491.
#19301 7 years ago

Jpop was there last year.

#19302 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm more curious as to why Mike thinks that's a good thing that JPop would show up with a game? (Or even without a game..)

It would bring in more money. All that would happen is people would take his picture. A few would heckle him and he would walk away mumbling.

#19303 7 years ago

So now there's this!!!

American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th

Chicago, IL – September 26, 2016 - American-Pinball, manufacturer of arcade games and amusements, is excited to announce the world-wide release of Houdini - Master Mystery™ pinball machine for the home, arcades, gaming centers and magic collectors. The unveiling will take place September 26th at the Venetian Las Vegas hotel on the eve of G2E, The Global Gaming Expo.

Based in the mecca of the pinball universe just outside Chicago, Illinois, American Pinball features a team with decades of industry experience and is launching its first pinball machine under the name Houdini for several reasons. Known as a masterful magician and Harry Houdini is considered the greatest magician, conjurer and escape artist that there ever was. Captivating audiences worldwide with his legendary escapes and shows was his specialty, the Houdini™ pinball will carry on that magical tradition as a beautiful crafted pinball machine featuring a one-of-a-kind pinball theater experience with an LCD color screen and patented cabinet.

“Houdini’s escapes, illusions and handcuff challenges are world renowned even today, and formulate the basis of our inventive new pinball machine,” said president of American-Pinball, Dhaval Vasani. “Our Houdini - Master Mystery pinball machine will bring the man back to life with supremely detailed hand-drawn game artwork, inventive ball tricks, brilliantly illuminated play surfaces and spirit devices while featuring all the classic pinball features like: action jet bumpers, multi level ball stages, sculpted magic toys, secret escapes and much more.”

American-Pinball has also added a performance of new Houdini™ features to amaze players including: The Floating Ball, Water Torture Cell, Levitating Bumper, The Bullet Catch, Hindu Needle Trick, Spirit Box, Buried Alive Sarcophagus, Lock Chambers, Magic Beasts, The Séance, Milk Can Escape and Jennie the Vanishing Elephant!

“Houdini - Master Mystery pinball transforms under the hood as well with the newest game motherboards created by award winning Gigabyte Technology to drive all of Houdini’s pinball effects, full color graphics, sounds, gameplay and music,” explained Vasani.

#19304 7 years ago

"A team with decades of industry experience," huh? Would love to be a fly on the wall for that "Launch."

#19305 7 years ago

Well, here we go! MG reskin

#19306 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, here we go! MG reskin

Yep, if Bill owns the rights to the other ones, they just put new art on MG and here we are.

rd

#19307 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So now there's this!!!
American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th
Chicago, IL – September 26, 2016 - American-Pinball, manufacturer of arcade games and amusements, is excited to announce the world-wide release of Houdini - Master Mystery™ pinball machine for the home, arcades, gaming centers and magic collectors. The unveiling will take place September 26th at the Venetian Las Vegas hotel on the eve of G2E, The Global Gaming Expo.
Based in the mecca of the pinball universe just outside Chicago, Illinois, American Pinball features a team with decades of industry experience and is launching its first pinball machine under the name Houdini for several reasons. Known as a masterful magician and Harry Houdini is considered the greatest magician, conjurer and escape artist that there ever was. Captivating audiences worldwide with his legendary escapes and shows was his specialty, the Houdini™ pinball will carry on that magical tradition as a beautiful crafted pinball machine featuring a one-of-a-kind pinball theater experience with an LCD color screen and patented cabinet.
“Houdini’s escapes, illusions and handcuff challenges are world renowned even today, and formulate the basis of our inventive new pinball machine,” said president of American-Pinball, Dhaval Vasani. “Our Houdini - Master Mystery pinball machine will bring the man back to life with supremely detailed hand-drawn game artwork, inventive ball tricks, brilliantly illuminated play surfaces and spirit devices while featuring all the classic pinball features like: action jet bumpers, multi level ball stages, sculpted magic toys, secret escapes and much more.”
American-Pinball has also added a performance of new Houdini™ features to amaze players including: The Floating Ball, Water Torture Cell, Levitating Bumper, The Bullet Catch, Hindu Needle Trick, Spirit Box, Buried Alive Sarcophagus, Lock Chambers, Magic Beasts, The Séance, Milk Can Escape and Jennie the Vanishing Elephant!
“Houdini - Master Mystery pinball transforms under the hood as well with the newest game motherboards created by award winning Gigabyte Technology to drive all of Houdini’s pinball effects, full color graphics, sounds, gameplay and music,” explained Vasani.

Is this just from the likely-Kaneda thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced

Or did you see it elsewhere?

#19309 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Is this just from the likely-Kaneda thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced
Or did you see it elsewhere?

I didn't copy it from that thread. I posted and then it went up

#19310 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So now there's this!!!

This is purely fictional, you guys get that, right?

#19311 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Fictional in what way, that it will never be made or that this is a hoax?

#19312 7 years ago

the post lllvjr copied here in #19303, is fictional.

#19313 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

the post lllvjr copied here in #19303, is fictional.

The post is real as it gets. The content though, is likely to be from the imagination of somebody taking a break from playing Street Fighter in his apt. :p

#19314 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ha, so it looks like it only took him 4-5 minutes to start a thread on it? That's crazy...

#19315 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He'd be welcome to attend by the show organizers if he purchased a wrist band.

DAYUMMM!

#19316 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Quoted from dgarrett:

Is today April 1st?

#19318 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

So, you are saying its a real thing?

#19319 7 years ago

Nothing's real till we see proof

#19320 7 years ago

I just emailed mr vasani to ask if the press release is real

#19321 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Chicago, IL – September 26, 2016 - American-Pinball, manufacturer of arcade games and amusements, is excited to announce the world-wide release of Houdini - Master Mystery™ pinball machine for the home, arcades, gaming centers and magic collectors. The unveiling will take place September 26th at the Venetian Las Vegas hotel on the eve of G2E, The Global Gaming Expo

If this is true, why aren't they listed as a vendor at the show?
http://www.globalgamingexpo.com/Show-Info/Exhibitor-List/?kw=american&startRecord=1#

#19322 7 years ago

Well the supposed unveiling says at The Venetian. The G2E show is held next door at the Sands Expo and CONvention Center.

Kind of like at AMOA shows in Chicago; when exhibit space was sold out, manufacturers sometimes put a game in a hotel room and invited attendees to see it there.

That said, G2E is not really a pinball show anymore. But, AMOA shows did have slot machines at Bally's booth in the '70's and 80's.

#19323 7 years ago

Maybe part of the Houdini magic is making your money disappear?

#19324 7 years ago

There's your answer guys

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#19325 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There's your answer guys

all makes sense now. Scott Golberg was the public relations and promo manager at zizzle! It's come full circle
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/22/AR2006112200991_pf.html

Dhavalkumar is listed as the agent for the business. Probably not a good idea to use your home address
http://www.bizapedia.com/il/AMERICAN-PINBALL-INC.html

#19326 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

all makes sense now. Scott Golberg was the public relations and promo manager at zizzle! It's come full circle
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/22/AR2006112200991_pf.html

And Steve Marsh filed the patent for American Pinball, same IP lawyer for John.

John, f ing scam artist

#19327 7 years ago

Says it's not a retheme of jpop...?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19328 7 years ago

Look at the taint already associated with these guys because of John.

#19329 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yep, they stand 0 chance of getting money from the majority of us.

#19330 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

1b3wkj (resized).jpg1b3wkj (resized).jpg

#19331 7 years ago

This map shows the proximity of old and new businesses.

Too much of this "adds up" for it not to be possible. This guy's name appeared as the "new JPOP investor" last fall and when visited he didn't deny John's involvement. And the theme *screams* JPOP.

map (resized).jpgmap (resized).jpg

#19332 7 years ago

zidware page just got updated.. new logo, something is definitely going on

zwlogo[1] (resized).jpgzwlogo[1] (resized).jpg

#19333 7 years ago

In cowboy days, a posse would be mounting up about now.

#19334 7 years ago

RickThorn has a podcast already that reads like an advertisement for Houdini. Wonder if 'Rickthorn' is doing it for the attention or is actually getting paid for it.
A new low

#19335 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

zidware page just got updated.. new logo, something is definitely going on

New money equals more time to mess around with fonts and logos ...

#19336 7 years ago

Well maybe if they hire Kevin... We can get all the scum of the hobby into one bucket.... And then nuke it from orbit

#19337 7 years ago

There is zero doubt in my mind that this is a JPop design. This is definitely the type of theme that he would do, and the description of the toys/features is just word for word how he would describe that stuff.

I can't believe someone hired his ass.

#19338 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is zero doubt in my mind that this is a JPop design. This is definitely the type of theme that he would do, and the description of the toys/features is just word for word how he would describe that stuff.
I can't believe someone hired his ass.

It's a Jpop game. It's been all but confirmed. See the other thread.

#19339 7 years ago

Jpop is orchestrating the whole deal using these guys as front men. Simple as that.

The control freak will surface and how himself as if nothing ever happened.

#19340 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Too much of this "adds up" for it not to be possible. This guy's name appeared as the "new JPOP investor" last fall and when visited he didn't deny John's involvement. And the theme *screams* JPOP.

flounder (resized).jpgflounder (resized).jpg

#19341 7 years ago

Stranger things have happened than this proving to be a well run, and ultimately successful company. Albeit chances seem rather small.

I find it bizarre that people who lost their money are hoping it fails because JPop is involved ... surely any chance of restitution involves this being a success and him making a stack of cash. If he's penniless, he can't pay anything, even if he is held liable by a court.

#19342 7 years ago

I swear to God if JPop shows up at Expo (or any other public pinball meet) and somebody doesn't confront him and ask him how he plans on making all of the buyers that he screwed whole (preferably while recording video) I'm going to start to believe that this hobby is full of a bunch of pussies!

I'm not advocating any kind of violence or threats. Just a simple and straightforward questioning. Like

"John, how does it make you feel to be showing off a new pinball design and theme when all those people who put thousands of dollars down on your other games like Magic Girl, RAZA, etc. haven't seen a pin or their money refunded?"

"How much did you get paid for Houdini?"

"What do you have to say to all the people that you screwed out of their cash?"

"Why should anyone put a penny down on one of these Houdini pins given your prior actions against the pinball community?"

"Do you have no shame?"

#19343 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I find it bizarre that people who lost their money are hoping it fails because JPop is involved ... surely any chance of restitution involves this being a success and him making a stack of cash. If he's penniless, he can't pay anything, even if he is held liable by a court.

Hello?

This isn't his company. Zidware is not the manufacturer (American Pinball is). Zero chance of voluntary restitution.

#19344 7 years ago

It's fake. Confirmed by dgarrett.

#19345 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hello?
This isn't his company. Zidware is not the manufacturer (American Pinball is). Zero chance of voluntary restitution.

Seems rather coincidental that Zidware has been updated at the same time, and a representative of 'American Pinball' is one of his former business associates. He (Zidware) clearly has his fingers in the pie. So if Zidware are making money out of it ...

Also, are you sure he (or Zidware) have no capital in the company? No-one knows at this stage.

#19346 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/383#post-3315100

#19347 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I swear to God if JPop shows up at Expo (or any other public pinball meet) and somebody doesn't confront him and ask him how he plans on making all of the buyers that he screwed whole (preferably while recording video) I'm going to start to believe that this hobby is full of a bunch of pussies!
I'm not advocating any kind of violence or threats. Just a simple and straightforward questioning. Like
"John, how does it make you feel to be showing off a new pinball design and theme when all those people who put thousands of dollars down on your other games like Magic Girl, RAZA, etc. haven't seen a pin or their money refunded?"
"How much did you get paid for Houdini?"
"What do you have to say to all the people that you screwed out of their cash?"
"Why should anyone put a penny down on one of these Houdini pins given your prior actions against the pinball community?"
"Do you have no shame?"

Dude I couldn't agree more. That BS with the dude who had money into Predator and saw Kevin at the auction, yet said nothing, got my blood boilin. They don't even owe me money and I would have been all over them. Factual.

#19348 7 years ago

Well this is some fascinating shit right here.

#19349 7 years ago

Everyone needs to bombard American Pinball's Facebook with reviews and comments. Only post factual information and do not threaten them in any way, but let it be known what is happening ASAP people. JPOP is hiding behind American Pinball and we need to make sure everyone knows the deal.

#19350 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Everyone needs to bombard American Pinball's Facebook with reviews and comments. Only post factual information and do not threaten them in any way, but let it be known what is happening ASAP people. JPOP is hiding behind American Pinball and we need to make sure everyone knows the deal.

It has already started.

Screenshot_20160923-012627 (resized).pngScreenshot_20160923-012627 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/387?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.