(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 490.
#19251 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I always liked the Jermaine Clement Outback commercials, because he is from New Zealand.
Outback just seems totally clueless
» YouTube video
(just in case you don't know who Jermaine Clement is
» YouTube video

I was always partial to their Bowie tributes.

#19252 7 years ago

JPOP the movie, starring:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_Lundin

Watch some old episodes of Dual Survival and you will agree!

#19253 7 years ago

I think one of my brothers ate mescaline with that guy once.

#19254 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

JPOP the movie, starring:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_Lundin
Watch some old episodes of Dual Survival and you will agree!

Yes! Cody lundin! Barefoot weirdo !
That's our man!

#19256 7 years ago

There is no "finish" in JPop, only the term pop which was the ominous sound of his failure going out in a whimper rather than a bang.

#19257 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Hilton
Come on, buddy. Give the "buddy" thing a rest. Your misrepresentations really are old and piss me off.
The ONLY time I spent with John was 20 hours to help Bill Brandes and pdxmonkey get the damn MG to the NW show. Some appreciated the effort , nobody accused me of being part on Johns scheme or his buddy, except you.
I've got friends who got screwed - and many pinball people here that needed and deserve help - that's it - give it a rest.
I have not seen Or heard from John after that 20 hour blitz - I got no pay - it was volunteer - Bill thanked me in person at Terry's , some here appreciated the effort .
End of story

Speaking of the failed bailout, I'm pretty sure I saw Sabrina Wei at CAX.

#19258 7 years ago

Sorry i'm new to this saga. How much money has Jpop taken and not legitimately returned?

#19259 7 years ago
Quoted from 4_amusement_only:

Sorry i'm new to this saga. How much money has Jpop taken and not legitimately returned?

Considering he hasn't returned or delivered anything, the answer would be "all of it".

#19260 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Considering he hasn't returned or delivered anything, the answer would be "all of it".

it's over a million dollars isn't it?

#19261 7 years ago

This is probably the most accurate picture we have:

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Guys, I did go over the books, although was done in a 3 day period (or more like 5 working days as went at it around the clock). He was paying himself, if I recall roughly 7500 a month and he is was out of money or so he said. Even at 90k a year to himself that's almost half right there as he took in about 925k total.

#19262 7 years ago

We, the customers, became Artist Patrons and John played pinball arts and crafts for 4+ years on our dime.

As Ben so eloquently said:

Quoted from benheck:

he'll have pocketed more money NOT making games than I will make on the entire AMH run.

#19263 7 years ago

John!
I am sending a big shady repo man shortly.
I need about $6000 of your belongings.
See you soon.

#19264 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

John!
I am sending a big shady repo man shortly.
I need about $6000 of your belongings.
See you soon.

"Hey, you... Flock of Seagulls...."
collection (resized).jpgcollection (resized).jpg

"Here... take it!"
take it (resized).jpgtake it (resized).jpg

#19265 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

"Hey, you... Flock of Seagulls...."

"Here... take it!"

What's that he's holding...a McGuffin?

#19266 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

What's that he's holding...a McGuffin?

Yet another attempt at deception.

#19267 7 years ago

What prison issued that shiney chain gang ball?

What a colorful (train wreck) dresser.

#19268 7 years ago

That ball is from his latest design he is working on. It's the size of a tractor trailer and it's going to be a limited edition. You thought Hercules was "big". Taking deposits now.

#19269 7 years ago

That picture should be captioned "Here, let me show you all of the things other people have done on my projects. The wall art, the playfields, all of it."

#19270 7 years ago

That outfit says everything you need to know...

#19271 7 years ago

He does have that homeless guy look about him in that photo

#19272 7 years ago

Still wishing someone (or current company) to make games with original titles like these pre designs someday.

#19273 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Still wishing someone (or current company) to make games with original titles like these pre designs someday.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#19275 7 years ago

My repo man is half way there john!
He don't like to wait, so collect $6000 of your shit and things will go smooth.

IMG_3692 (resized).JPGIMG_3692 (resized).JPG

#19276 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

My repo man is half way there john!
He don't like to wait, so collect $6000 of your shit and things will go smooth.

If this is true, please keep us posted!

#19277 7 years ago

What's that guy doing with a spanner?

#19278 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What's that guy doing with a spanner?

He is going to disassemble some of his shit before he takes it away

#19279 7 years ago

Mike Pacak just posted a rumor about a jpop game at expo 2016.

I had also heard from someone who had been in touch with John that John said he "never gave up" and had a lot of progress to show.

Obviously we know the guy is a delusional moron, so this may very well translate to "empty cabinets part deux".

I believe none of the subcontractors (boards, lights, programmers, etc) have said anything that things are moving forward.

#19280 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had also heard from someone who had been in touch with John that John said he "never gave up" and had a lot of progress to show.
Obviously we know the guy is a delusional moron, so this may very well translate to "empty cabinets part deux".
I believe none of the subcontractors (boards, lights, programmers, etc) have said anything that things are moving forward.

If that's true and he shows up this thread will melt down so bad my phone will catch on fire.

#19281 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

all likely a big sad ploy to try and show that he is still working and did not take everyone's money.

If I was his lawyer that would have been my advise. He should be shamed (or worse) out of the event.

#19282 7 years ago

If he shows up just take some pictures from far away while he's walking away. That showed Kevin! lol

Would love to see some video of him getting confronted and told off in public.

#19283 7 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race, so I'm just playing Devil's Advocate:

What do you think would happen if he DID actually (somehow) produce an actual game, and began delivering them? How would the community respond?

Edit: Jumping the gun there. I should have asked, how would the community respond if he actually unveiled a game at Expo? Aside from the booing and throwing of shoes and pitchforks, of course.

#19284 7 years ago

The usual autograph session that have at expo on saturday afternoon could be interesting if he showed up for that.

#19285 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

What do you think would happen if he DID actually (somehow) produce an actual game, and began delivering them? How would the community respond?

His game(s) might have been impressive if they were finished when they were supposed to be. But now I just don't see them holding up well against the latest from all the other companies. They're just going to be these oddball games in weird cabinets.

And then there's that little issue about actual production.

#19286 7 years ago

So who's going to torch the game out in the parking lot asking for your money ? You know, not unlike some kind of nihilist.

#19287 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I don't have a horse in this race, so I'm just playing Devil's Advocate:
Edit: Jumping the gun there. I should have asked, how would the community respond if he actually unveiled a game at Expo? Aside from the booing and throwing of shoes and pitchforks, of course.

If (giant if) JPOP could ever finish a game how would he ever convince people to send the balance owed on their machines?? If my RAZA was completed and ready to ship he would have to send it to me COD, because no one in their right mind is gunna send him more $$ on a promise that he will ship a machine.

#19288 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If (giant if) JPOP could ever finish a game how would he ever convince people to send the balance owed on their machines?? If my RAZA was completed and ready to ship he would have to send it to me COD, because no one in their right mind is gunna send him more $$ on a promise that he will ship a machine.

dont believe the hype. Seriously, no way he has any ability to actually produce a game. This has to be a giant ploy for legal reasons only at this point.

#19289 7 years ago

There is that mystery about American Pinball Inc, and how they tie into all of this. So I'm looking forward to that curtain being pulled back.

But at this point, it's just all about morbidly watching a train wreck. I don't expect or even hope at this point any of us who have lost money to be made right.

#19290 7 years ago

On a positive note, I'm going to the Vancouver Flip Out expo this weekend and will get meet Bill Brandes in the flesh. Looking forward to having some good laughs about all of this.

#19291 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

What do you think would happen if he DID actually (somehow) produce an actual game, and began delivering them? ...

JPOP is a CONman and a fraud. Having zero understanding of the process, John is not competent to build a pinball machine. Being a Pinsider, you should already be aware how important software is to a great game. John had no programmers onboard and he doesn't believe in paying for those services. If spotted at Expo, approach JPOP with caution. Considered dangerous for his abililty to spin webs and entrance his victims. JPOP is a toxic turd. He might appear in costume, but should be easy to spot.

jpop5 (resized).jpgjpop5 (resized).jpg
science (resized).jpgscience (resized).jpg

#19292 7 years ago

There's zero chance of him having anything to show, and even if he did, he wouldn't be welcome.

#19293 7 years ago

He'd be welcome to attend by the show organizers if he purchased a wrist band.

#19294 7 years ago

Lawyers of his trying to contact me, when finally replied they said nothing was moving forward disregard all their calls to get back to them. I'm assuming they knew I still carry the rights to the titles.

#19295 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Lawyers of his trying to contact me, when finally replied they said nothing was moving forward disregard all their calls to get back to them. I'm assuming they knew I still carry the rights to the titles.

THE END.

#19296 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You have the rights to his 3 designs? Interesting. Not that it leads to anything, but if that's the case, then what's the next defense argument?

#19297 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You have the rights to his 3 designs? Interesting. Not that it leads to anything, but if that's the case, then what's the next defense argument?

That will be the defense (by JPOP). He plays the victim so expect there to eventually be a "oh, I would of finished them bit mean old bill swindled me out of the rights" or some similar garbage.

#19298 7 years ago

I think he's going to show up at Expo, with or without something in tow.

In his delusional world he still thinks he is great and people will forgive him because after all, "all he was trying to do was to make great pinball"

#19299 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

JPop would be such an awful client... First you'd have to spend hours fishing out "the point" from his meandering stream of consciousness type brain, then you'd find out he was just misrepresenting facts to you anyway...I couldn't see him being all that candid with his counsel.

#19300 7 years ago

I'm more curious as to why Mike thinks that's a good thing that JPop would show up with a game? (Or even without a game..)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/386?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.