(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 490.
#1851 9 years ago

Will be curious if the reveal also means revealing a timetable of how long the game will be a prototype, what is left to do, how long manufacturing will take and when the owners can expect their machines?

#1852 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Will be curious if the reveal also means revealing a timetable of how long the game will be a prototype, what is left to do, how long manufacturing will take and when the owners can expect their machines?

I would not recommend holding your breath for any of these answers. It would be detrimental to your health.

#1853 9 years ago

Anything on the mg blog guys?

#1854 9 years ago

I'm curious to know what the bar is here. I keep hearing "A playable game" but what if you lift the playfield and it's a mess of wires and prototype boards and placeholder parts? I ask this because I've played predator a few times at different shows for what seems like a long while now and it's still not shipping.

Even a completed "looks ready to ship" machine should require some answers. Who is doing the building en masse? What vendors are lined up?

I'm just a spectator here, I'm just curious what the standards are and what would make the owners happy?

#1855 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I'm curious to know what the bar is here. I keep hearing "A playable game" but what if you lift the playfield and it's a mess of wires and prototype boards and placeholder parts? I ask this because I've played Predator a few times at different shows for what seems like a long while now and it's still not shipping.

This is an important point. MG has been a "playable" game for some time. One person who has been to the shop even posted publicly that they played it. But it's not DONE.

#1856 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't make it public it's not a "rug reveal", period.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

John's post stated that he had set a date to show Magic Girl "on a rug" for mid December.

The problem is that when he said that, it had the air that he didn't really understand what it meant. It was apparent he didn't know the rug had to do with the movie, and I think he felt people thought it was cool just because it was on some snazzy rug. He seemed to understand that the game being shown in full was an aspect, but commented too literally about a rug reveal.

I'm fearful Jpop has actually spent time looking for what rug he'll have under his game. I think the metaphor of "rug reveal" meaning make a public splash with a full game went over his head and he's instead focusing on literally showing his game in private sitting on some rug. I hope I'm wrong (or he's been since clued in). If not, how sad.

#1857 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

rape is inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it"

Don't be a ass

#1858 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bobby Knight once said, "if rape is inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it"

Quoted from ek77:

Don't be a ass

Agreed! Some things, even if you're just quoting someone else, remain just as inappropriate. Not sure how you didn't feel disgusting just typing that.

#1859 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Don't be a ass

I'm not the grammar police!

#1860 9 years ago

I've been extremely patient through all this, at times even forgetting I was in on RAZA. In the last 6 months or so I have changed my tune and I can say I'm fed up with Jpop. I purposely didn't go to his shop during Expo because I knew it would just piss me off worse.
I'm in on a cointaker version and we were expected to keep up on our payments. I'm almost paid in full which is no small chunk of change for me.
I did just now leave a message on the blog echoing what you guys have already been saying, although I'm sure that won't even phase him.

#1861 9 years ago

Nothing yet. New page but link doesn't open yet

#1862 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is that when he said that, it had the air that he didn't really understand what it meant. It was apparent he didn't know the rug had to do with the movie, and I think he felt people thought it was cool just because it was on some snazzy rug. He seemed to understand that the game being shown in full was an aspect, but commented too literally about a rug reveal.
I'm fearful Jpop has actually spent time looking for what rug he'll have under his game. I think the metaphor of "rug reveal" meaning make a public splash with a full game went over his head and he's instead focusing on literally showing his game in private sitting on some rug. I hope I'm wrong (or he's been since clued in). If not, how sad.

Oh man. There is no way he would do a literal rug reveal. That would be most poorly timed joke on customers ever!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1863 9 years ago

All these pre-order threads and me being drawn to see the daily update has helped me understand in part the big reality TV phase that seemed to get everyone addicted.

Big Brother? Haha, or more like Survivor - Pinside I guess.? Financing with the stars?

#1864 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Don't be a ass

Get lost Ek, I'm sure the meaning is lost on you and not meant as literal

#1865 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Have you been there in the last few months?

I have not been there in over a year.

If there were truly a manager in place, I would have expected that they would have contacted me by now to do a "knowledge transfer" on the various parts and assemblies they have in their possession. To date there has not been a "knowledge transfer".

Might want to stop and consider what that means, even if the games do get built and shipped...

#1866 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

I have not been there in over a year.
If there were truly a manager in place, I would have expected that they would have contacted me by now to do a "knowledge transfer" on the various parts and assemblies they have in their possession. To date there has not been a "knowledge transfer".
Might want to stop and consider what that means, even if the games do get built and shipped...

Gl - are you saying they will not be able to provide support or replacements for the parts involved in the knowledge transfer? Or is this a reference to a licensing issue?

Any word from the mg blog?

#1867 9 years ago

Sorry, I'm confused.... but is the implication here that zidware only has a few critical parts and assemblies? Enough to make a prototype game(s) but not production games?

I suppose its possible another vendor stepped in and started from scratch, but is this another part of why we are so delayed?

#1868 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Gl - are you saying they will not be able to provide support or replacements for the parts involved in the knowledge transfer?

That would largely depend on what parts are used in the final machines. At this point I don't know what is still left of the projects that I was involved with. I got an email just today that indicated that some of them were still being used as of a few months ago, but which ones and in what capacity, I couldn't tell you.

Quoted from frolic:

I suppose its possible another vendor stepped in and started from scratch, but is this another part of why we are so delayed?

Absolutely. There certainly have been other vendors involved. Take a look at page 11, post #519. The major piece of hardware shown in the first image is exactly that, redone from scratch, after fully functional working assemblies were delivered a year earlier.

#1869 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is that when he said that, it had the air that he didn't really understand what it meant.

No, I think he did. He admitted he had not yet seen the movie. My feel at the time was that whatever the reason for the rug didn't matter, it was the showing of a killer looking new game from a new manufacturer... And Jpop wanted to have that same reaction that Dutch Pinball received. That's the point he was making.

#1870 9 years ago

So was there an unvailing today? Any updates?

#1871 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Jpop wanted to have that same reaction that Dutch Pinball received.

Definitely what he was after...I'm just not sure how he expects to get it showing his game to a limited audience. I just don't get his paranoia about showing things in public. What does he plan to do if he ever builds any of these things for the pre-order owners? Will they need to sign another NDR stating that they will not expose the game to any third parties?

#1872 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

No, I think he did. He admitted he had not yet seen the movie. My feel at the time was that whatever the reason for the rug didn't matter, it was the showing of a killer looking new game from a new manufacturer... And Jpop wanted to have that same reaction that Dutch Pinball received. That's the point he was making.

Well, the way he reacted was just ambiguous and off enough that it made me cringe a little when he said it, fearing he would do something dumb that he didn't really understand.

#1873 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Absolutely. There certainly have been other vendors involved. Take a look at page 11, post #519. The major piece of hardware shown in the first image is exactly that, redone from scratch, after fully functional working assemblies were delivered a year earlier.

You'd swear he was getting paid by the hour for this stuff, making up things to revise left and right. It is unfathomable how many revisions there have been on everything. God forbid you use any existing generic Williams parts, let's custom fabricate the brackets from scratch.

Artwork? I'm positive he couldn't even answer how many times he's redone it. Not only is it taking forever, but it's looking worse the further along we get.

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Clickable link for page 11, post #519:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/11#post-1978552

#1875 9 years ago

Queen's Card for AIWQueen's Card for AIW Anyone else have one of these? Not sure the December 2014 date is still accurate but my card remains intact.

#1876 9 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Anyone else have one of these? Not sure the December 2014 date is still accurate but my card remains intact.

Too hard to read. What does it say?

#1877 9 years ago

I never got one of those. I sent four emails about it and called a few times and was told it was in the mail. Now, I am happy I didn't get it.

#1878 9 years ago

I can't believe how great the rug reveal was. I take back everything negative I said in this thread.

#1879 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You'd swear he was getting paid by the hour for this stuff, making up things to revise left and right

Well, arguably he is. By you guys.

rd.

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I can't believe how great the rug reveal was. I take back everything negative I said in this thread.

As good as the emperors new clothes?

#1881 9 years ago

If there's a reveal, but no one actually saw it, did it really happen (on a rug)?

The reveal today may end up worse than the expo debacle, cause at least there was a room full of people looking at 2 empty cabinets (and pics on Pinball News).

If I wasn't laughing, I'd be crying at this point.

#1883 9 years ago

Well I hope the owners get what they've been hoping for!

#1884 9 years ago

We will find out shortly.

#1885 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Reveal is up... But still private to owners only

Well, we saw that coming. Next comes the non-descriptive reviews and comments.

#1886 9 years ago

Reveal or not, if you are a buyer, I would strongly suggest trying to look beyond the artwork and shiny things and question what you are NOT being shown or told.

#1887 9 years ago

I would expect it to be at least a 30 minute play-through video showing playing strategies etc, way beyond the PAPA TBL video we saw last week, especially given the dev time elapsed so far.

#1888 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The only way for John to even come close to having a "TBL effect rug reveal" is to do it publicly. The very essence of the "TBL effect rug reveal" is the fact that is was public and everyone got to see it, touch it, play it, take pictures of it, post it on Pinside, make huge write ups about it on Pinball news web sites, talk about it on all the podcasts, etc...

The Big Lebowski public reveal at Expo has set the bar for ALL future pinball reveals.

Quoting myself above.

If it's private only then it's not a "TBL effect rug reveal".

#1889 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Reveal is up... But still private to owners only

Fail.

#1890 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, arguably he is. By you guys.

rd.

Not quite. If you consider that paid hourly, he's got to be down into the pennies per hour at this point and shrinking daily.

#1891 9 years ago

Welp. I take no joy in being right on this one. Where's the guy who was telling everyone they'd better hurry up if they wanted a chance to get in on AIW after the awesome reveal?

#1892 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp. I take no joy in being right on this one. Where's the guy who was telling everyone they'd better hurry up if they wanted a chance to get in on AIW after the awesome reveal?

And where's Ice? Not one owner can describe what they saw in generic terms? Complete BS and FAIL by JPOP here. He will see zero more dollars from me until I see a physical MG is being shipped. I suggest and urge all others to do the same.

#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

And where's Ice? Not one owner can describe what they saw in generic terms?

Just art at this point. Higher quality versions of previously obscured art, but just art.

#1894 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Just art at this point. Higher quality versions of previously obscured art, but just art.

That's weak...

#1895 9 years ago

Owners also need to post thoughts and concerns on the Blog as I seriously doubt John will ever see this thread.

#1896 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Owners also need to post thoughts and concerns on the Blog as I seriously doubt John will ever see this thread.

I did and my post still says awaiting moderation. When did that start happening?

#1897 9 years ago

Oh my seriously just more art? I'm on the waiting list for MG and I cant see a thing? This is just getting too weird

#1898 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I did and my post still says awaiting moderation. When did that start happening?

I have never seen that before

#1899 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

And where's Ice? Not one owner can describe what they saw in generic terms? Complete BS and FAIL by JPOP here. He will see zero more dollars from me until I see a physical MG is being shipped. I suggest and urge all others to do the same.

I concur with this. You guys should all join forces and form a united front.

rd.

#1900 9 years ago

I am not promoting setting up a second account to any MG owner but I would love to hear some more of the meat and less of the Looks Great and can't discuss because of NDA comments of the past.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 49.99
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.