(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 491.
#18701 8 years ago

Someone sends me that backglass art file & I'll fix up a new one that is douche free

#18702 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's interesting, glad to see he is no longer keeping his arts and crafts area paid with everyone else's money while he refuses to refund. Can anyone verify this info with first hand site?

Haven't seen it first hand but considering he was way behind on his rent before Bill paid for it, he obviously fell behind again and had to leave.

Over the last several months there were reports of potential investors coming to look at the games, but as per usual nothing panned out.

I don't know how many investors have come in to look at it, but it seems like none of them learned anything from Bill's decision to walk away. Everyone still thinks there is something left to save.

And the fact that now there's been I-dont-know how many potential investors/saviors and NONE of them see a way forward. I know that John would just love to "walk away" at this point, and have someone absolve him, and even with that there is no deal.

I'm sure the numbers that have been kicked around by Ben and others, about how you would literally be better off starting from scratch than trying to save this mess have proven true.

I just wish this farce would end already.

#18703 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

you would literally be better off starting from scratch than trying to save this mess have proven true

Stern did.. they made ghostbusters and hired the same artist with few revisions, and PACKED the playfield with more art than I've ever seen on any pinball.

#18704 8 years ago

from what I gather he is still complaining about Pinside & now his legal strategy appears to be trying to threaten defamation against those who filed suit against him in order to get them to go away & Yes its been confirmed he is out of that building "His story" is landlord sold building so he had to move but fails to say where

#18705 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

from what I gather he is still complaining about Pinside & now his legal strategy appears to be trying to threaten defamation against those who filed suit against him in order to get them to go away

HOLY F__K!!!! That makes my blood boil.

He has learned NOTHING, he takes ZERO responsibility for this mess.

It's 2016... he has delivered nothing to anyone. The money is all gone. He has no way out. And he wants to threaten his customers? Just when you thought this couldn't get worse.

#18706 8 years ago

Maybe this thread should be moved to the basement, it just dawned on me having it in boutique implies there's a company behind this effort and in some ways validates it as part of the category. Since its no longer about making machines or any that any machines will be made, its really not deserving of remaining.

Maybe that's some justice to strip it of even its slimmest of reality and begin to bury it in the hole where it belongs.

#18707 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

its been confirmed he is out of that building

If you search "zidware inc", it now lists it as his home address:
http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/26190068/Zidware-Inc-in-Bartlett-IL

It also says $220,000 in yearly revenue and 4 employees, and his business title is now "Advertising Promotional Products and Services"

#18708 8 years ago

just looked at that , says it opened as advertising and promotional etc.. in "2011" ? what is he up to now

#18709 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Maybe this thread should be moved to the basement,

I see your point, but I would argue it would not be a good idea as visitors would not see it (You need to log in to see the basement).
It's important the contents of this thread are visible to everyone.

#18710 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It also says $220,000 in yearly revenue and 4 employees, and his business title is now "Advertising Promotional Products and Services"

That site is an automated scraper which isn't always accurate.

#18711 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Maybe this thread should be moved to the basement, it just dawned on me having it in boutique implies there's a company behind this effort and in some ways validates it as part of the category. Since its no longer about making machines or any that any machines will be made, its really not deserving of remaining.
Maybe that's some justice to strip it of even its slimmest of reality and begin to bury it in the hole where it belongs.

Not sure how it benefits anyone other than John to hide this thread, especially when he is still trying to get money out of people.

#18712 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not sure how it benefits anyone other than John to hide this thread, especially when he is still trying to get money out of people.

Understand and agree, its a shame, would be nice to strip all legitimacy remaining from the very idea of what he's doing. I guess keeping it here does more against what he's still trying to do than moving would ultimately.

#18713 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That probably means he makes those big cardboard arrows that guys flip on the streetcorners to get your attention. Finally found his calling.
And he might be able to complete some of these also...

#18714 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That probably means he makes those big cardboard arrows that guys flip on the streetcorners to get your attention. Finally found his calling.

Quoted from Manic:

Correction: "We" can make them and "We" might be able to complete them Just like mr.a-hole always says on recordings.

I guess "We" moved our shop/studio/arts & crafts design center into the home/garage/basement.

He's a sick person. One who stole a lot of money and does not seem to have remorse.

#18715 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And he wants to threaten his customers? Just when you thought this couldn't get worse.

You will feel much better soon....

forget_this_(resized).jpgforget_this_(resized).jpg

#18718 8 years ago

I saw that too. If true...
Homepins is underestimating how radioactive Jpop is. Or may be I am too Pinside-centered. Have many Aussies been robbed by Jpop?

#18719 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I saw that too. If true...
Homepins is underestimating how radioactive Jpop is. Or may be I am too Pinside-centered. Have many Aussies been robbed by Jpop?

I am not sure but Homepin is way behind in delivery, so has the Jpop flavour

#18720 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Have many Aussies been robbed by Jpop?

Don't think any

#18721 8 years ago

Then it makes more sense.

"it can’t be any of the top designers at Stern or Jersey Jack’s, and most of the other well-known designers are spoken for too"

What is Dennis Nordman doing right now?

#18722 8 years ago

I remember visiting John's basement workshop before he got the shop.

It was a nice finished basement, maybe 750 Sq ft, and he had two or three foam core cabs even back then.

Considering all he ever accomplished was cabs and art, there's no reason he couldn't have stayed in the basement and saved loads of money.

Also it's not like he was doing anything (like CNC welding or lasering) that really required a shop or custom layout.

#18723 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Considering all he ever accomplished was cabs and art, there's no reason he couldn't have stayed in the basement and saved loads of money.

Not true, he built 3 crappy playing magic girls.. but with 750sq feet that could also easily fit that down there.
Even if John had just watched like 2-3 episodes of shark tank, he'd know that nearly EVERY new business starts at home, whether it be making pinball machines or baking cookies in a home oven. Until you get a feel for how something is going to sell, what it's going to take to build something (money, labor, vendors, distribution channels), you have no business renting out space with someone else's money.

To this day, I'll never understand what he needed all that space for. He even had multiple desks, yet I don't think anyone but him (and maybe the occasional volunteer to build mechs) was ever in the shop. Programmers, artists, mechanical guys all communicated through email or a quick zidware shop or coffee shop visit.

#18724 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not true, he built 3 crappy playing magic girls.. but with 750sq feet that could also easily fit that down there.
Even if John had just watched like 2-3 episodes of shark tank, he'd know that nearly EVERY new business starts at home, whether it be making pinball machines or baking cookies in a home oven. Until you get a feel for how something is going to sell, what it's going to take to build something (money, labor, vendors, distribution channels), you have no business renting out space with someone else's money.
To this day, I'll never understand what he needed all that space for. He even had multiple desks, yet I don't think anyone but him (and maybe the occasional volunteer to build mechs) was ever in the shop. Programmers, artists, mechanical guys all communicated through email or a quick zidware shop or coffee shop visit.

Needed it for his ego....

#18725 8 years ago

If Homepins has actually brought jpoop on board then they have lost all credibility. Jpoop is a know thief and a liar and he is not a genus designer as the Pavlov article claims. He was involved in a few decent games so that makes him a "B" grade designer at best which he illustrated via the MASSIVE failures of, MG, RAZA and AIW.

If someone walked into my office and was looking for a job and I knew full well they had just stolen a million dollars and blatantly lied to many of my colleagues I would have show him the door and told him to get the "F" out.

Homepins must be really desperate if they chose to associated with the idot/thief jpoop. If I had a deposit on one of their pins or I was thinking about buying one I would yank all support and tell the owner of Homepins, Mike, to give his head a shake and stop employing a thief. What kind of business model is that for f*#k sakes!!???

QSS

#18726 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

If Homepins has actually brought jpoop on board then they have lost all credibility. Jpoop is a know thief and a liar and he is not a genus designer as the Pavlov article claims.

Believe it or not but some people are still convinced JPop is a great designer.
A French pinhead told me he was the victim of naysayers.
Not making this one up.

#18727 8 years ago

Is this supposed to be John on WCS

20160319_105559_(resized).jpg20160319_105559_(resized).jpg

#18728 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Believe it or not but some people are still convinced JPop is a great designer.
A French pinhead told me he was the victim of naysayers.
Not making this one up.

Is "naysayers" French for "people who were stolen from"??

QSS

#18729 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Is this supposed to be John on WCS

20160319_105559_(resized).jpg

No.

#18730 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Is "naysayers" French for "people who were stolen from"??

Some days I just wonder.

#18731 8 years ago

Homepin's mystery designer has been with Homepin for close to 2.5 years which means if it was Jpop he would of been doing magic girl, the zombie theme, alice in wonderland, kiss and then homepin's thunderbirds and so was taking on way too much and no wonder his projects failed.

Jpop coincidentally became a member on the Aussie Pinball Forum 4 days after Mike announced the theme to us.

Plus Jpop and Homepin do have some similarities.

#18732 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Come on Ben, you know no collector is stupid enough to give someone that builds pinballs in his basement any money.

#18733 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Come on Ben, you know no collector is stupid enough to give someone that builds pinballs in his basement any money.

i_can_see_(resized).jpgi_can_see_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#18734 8 years ago

So...is this the end of it?

#18735 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Even if John had just watched like 2-3 episodes of shark tank, he'd know that nearly EVERY new business starts at home, whether it be making pinball machines or baking cookies in a home oven.

If anyone had looked at his venture that way, they might've realized that John blustered his way into the industry and his early design success buoyed him from ever having to dip down into the details of actually making a pinball machine - let alone running a business. Unfortunately, it takes all three of those skillsets to get one shipped.

1 week later
#18736 8 years ago

18736 angry posts, and JPOP is still a free man, not refunding money

#18737 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

18736 angry posts, and JPOP is still a free man, not refunding money

And always will be.

#18738 8 years ago

So I take it this is all in the courts about now? Will they sale off the parts of the Magic Girl machines to recoop some of the costs to the investors? What will happen to what little was created?

#18739 8 years ago

You never know, he may still find someone with more money than sense to fund him.

#18740 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You never know, he may still find someone with more money than sense to fund him.

It's always a slight possibility.

Maybe in a few years when the statute of limitations run out.

Whatever happened to the "lawsuit"?

Another waste of money

#18741 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think that's been John's plan for some time. There's been rumors, one after the next, of interested parties coming through to look at it. It's actually pretty shocking to keep hearing that there's always "Someone else".

At this point a lot of experienced people have looked at it, well heeled people, so what the latest person thinks they can pull off that the previous people couldn't... i have no idea.

#18742 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Would have the same problem even with more money thrown at him. No path to manufacturing. I guess he could contract with SkitB to finish the machine and make it in Kevin's basement.

#18743 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seems to be the rumor lately. Anyone want to spell it out?

#18744 8 years ago

Magic Girl is my dream pin. Theme, art, and audio are all out of this world! I'm fully supportive of Zidware to fully complete the three games promised and make good with the pre-order buyers (even if it's at the end of the day).

#18745 8 years ago

If someone wants to give John a big check, have at it. Enjoy the blinky lights.

#18746 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Magic Girl is my dream pin. Theme, art, and audio are all out of this world! I'm fully supportive of Zidware to fully complete the three games promised and make good with the pre-order buyers (even if it's at the end of the day).

Yes, both of those shots are so satisfying, as we saw in the video*

* except that one shot that is blocked by that spinning thing.

#18747 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I'm fully supportive of Zidware to fully complete the three games promised and make good with the pre-order buyers (even if it's at the end of the day).

More like at the end of the universe.

#18748 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

This is a very strange thing to say.

Unless we have all entered the twilight zone

#18749 8 years ago

When JPop is such a mid-class Designer of som B-games, how come people actually gave him any money?

And if you give money to somebody how exaktly is that money 'stolen'?

It's not like he ran off with it, the money is gone because he is just an illusionist with no business capabilitys at all,... wich is common for many artists, wich I indeed think JPop kinda is... and a sissy.

That doesnt excuse anything and no I don't wanna say that it's your own fault for throwing money at him. I myself would have done so, if I had that amount. So I woud be pissed as well but there is only one way to get your money back and that is if JPop has it. You can't pickpocket a naked man. For that you should wish him the best of luck that he is indeed designing this other pinball game an gets tons of money for it.

#18750 8 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When JPop is such a mid-class Designer of som B-games, how come people actually gave him any money?
And if you give money to somebody how exaktly is that money 'stolen'?
It's not like he ran off with it, the money is gone because he is just an illusionist with no business capabilitys at all,... wich is common for many artists, wich I indeed think JPop kinda is... and a sissy.
That doesnt excuse anything and no I don't wanna say that it's your own fault for throwing money at him. I myself would have done so, if I had that amount. So I woud be pissed as well but there is only one way to get your money back and that is if JPop has it. You can't pickpocket a naked man. For that you should wish him the best of luck that he is indeed designing this other pinball game an gets tons of money for it.

John didn't go into people's house and rob them at gunpoint. But he did have a contract and he didn't deliver jack shit. That's a breach of contract. And so John is not entitled to keep the money.

It's like you go to Amazon and order a book. Amazon is compelled to refund the money or send the book.

Problem is that a) John wasted a lot/most of the money and b) it's hard to get a refund when a transaction happened years ago and not using a CC which offers some protection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/375 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.