(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 491.
#18051 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let's start a new thread comparing annual Federal income tax bills.....

That would be fun. We could talk about how the tax code went from 400 pages in 2013 to over 75,000 now!

#18052 8 years ago

I delayed taking the "theft and casualty" loss with John until this year, didn't move the needle on a 350k total tax due bill

Feel better now?

#18053 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That would be fun. We could talk about how the tax code went from 400 pages in 2013 to over 75,000 now!

I remember when I took a Tax Law class in the early '90's. The instructor was great. He told us that whenever you can't fall asleep; Open up the Tax code book to any random page. He guaranteed you would be asleep in under three pages.

The book was thicker than the Detroit or Chicago White Pages phone books at the time. Although the page size was smaller. Paper was the same thin stuff.

#18054 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Feel better now?

Not really, I feel I don't pay my fair share and should be taxed a WHOLE lot more.

Plus they should tax me more on the 7 people I employ as well.

#18055 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I remember when I took a Tax Law class in the early '90's. The instructor was great. He told us that whenever you can't fall asleep; Open up the Tax code book to any random page. He guaranteed you would be asleep in under three pages.
The book was thicker than the Detroit or Chicago White Pages phone books at the time. Although the page size was smaller. Paper was the same thin stuff.

That's about my same time frame. 20 plus years isn't even long enough to put "tax law" class in the rear view mirror and out of mind, not to mention law school in general

#18056 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really, I feel I don't pay my fair share and should be taxed a WHOLE lot more.

I don't think that was the point he was making. "Sure, call me stupid, but I'm rich and this didn't cost me that much, here's my evidence" was the vibe I got.

#18057 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't think that was the point he was making. "Sure, call me stupid, but I'm rich and this didn't cost me that much, here's my evidence" was the vibe I got.

Your interpretation was correct.

He got it too, but chose to be cute.

#18058 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Your interpretation was correct.
He got it too, but chose to be cute.

I just don't feel any better or worse about the whole thing. It is what it is.

There is a treasure trove of stupid comments I've made over the last several years, especially IF you don't take them in context with what was going on at that particular moment in time.

I can be "stupid" and it won't be the last time in my life. I take risks, some pay off, some don't. This started out as fun for me and ended in disaster.

Being "rich" or not doesn't really have anything to do with it other than it "didn't cost me much".

Bill spent a ton of $$$ trying to help the dufus. I offered services on a different level. The reality is a terrible ending.

Anybody that wants to revel in the failure of it all and be a bystander smart ass that has never made a mistake in their lives, so be it. I don't give a F.

#18059 8 years ago

I delayed taking the "theft and casualty" loss with John until this year, didn't move the needle on a 350k total tax due bill

Color me impressed, you make a lot of money. Always wonder why some people that make a lot need to make it known to others, and some are happy keeping it private.

#18060 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Color me impressed, you make a lot of money. Always wonder why some people that make a lot need to make it known to others, and some are happy keeping it private.

I don't know? Maybe it was for a few of the smart ass comments? What do you think?

Now you know

Judge me accordingly

#18061 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I delayed taking the "theft and casualty" loss with John until this year, didn't move the needle on a 350k total

The drinks are DEFINITELY on Icey at Expo next week.

rd

#18062 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The drinks are DEFINITELY on Icey at Expo next week.
rd

Always happy to pay for your drinks RD! One of my dumbest bets was with you. What can i say

#18063 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I feel like I get robbed a whole lot more by the government, filing my return on the 15th and I need to stroke out another 100k for 2014.

No way! Taxation as theft, no...

#18064 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Always happy to pay for your drinks RD! One of my dumbest bets was with you. What can i say

Well, just be pleased I didn't take you up on any more of your bets and take advantage of you

Lol

rd

#18065 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Judge me accordingly

Well lets see, if the IRS is getting 350k, judging by that you must have grossed at least 400.

#18066 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I like people chanting Shame at him game of thrones style till he leaves.

+++1

#18067 8 years ago
Quoted from XNIF:

You wanna count the namecalling in this thread?

wtfay.gifwtfay.gif

#18068 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let's start a new thread comparing annual Federal income tax bills.....

Include a dick measuring contest and I'm in.

Quoted from iceman44:

Why don't you pay a lot more then? My Liberal friends (who I respect) tell me we all need to pay more. (I'm a flat tax believer)
But when I suggest they forego any deductions they get all flustered. Or I inform them its perfectly legal to donate each year to the Treasury's Bureau of the Public Debt. As much as they like.

But no, it turns out they only want *other* people to pay more. (true of both party's)

- Talk is cheap. Especially on the internet.

#18069 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sent him $1500 one night for AIW because i was drunk and wanted to declare my support for the Ahole!

Remind to self: send a PM to Iceman when he seems drunk, offering new investment opportunities

#18070 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Always wonder why some people that make a lot need to make it known to others, and some are happy keeping it private.

My experience on the internet (as in real life) is the folks that feel the need to brag and boast the most are also those that are the most insecure....

quote-Owen-D.-Young-when-boasting-ends-there-dignity-begins-37215.pngquote-Owen-D.-Young-when-boasting-ends-there-dignity-begins-37215.png

#18071 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well lets see, if the IRS is getting 350k, judging by that you must have grossed at least 400.

Fuck! If the taxman is taking 80% of your income, time for a revolution.

Or at the least, some creative accounting.

Top tax rate in NZ is 30%. And that's too much.

rd

#18072 8 years ago

#18073 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't most lawyers love Democrats?

#18074 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Top tax rate in NZ is 30%.

Top rate in the US is 40% (39.6). Then you add a state tax if applicable (average 7% my guess) and then a sales tax on any purchases. I'll let you guys do the math.

#18075 8 years ago

Ouch my ears. Just tried to listen to the podcast but 45mins in my ears are bleeding. An interesting insight into what planet John is from. HIS OWN.

#18076 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd lose at that AND the income tax bill contest!

Let's have a contest for something useful, like "most times you've had to rebuild a flipper because you forgot a spring or a washer".

#18077 8 years ago

Medicare and Social Security tax as well, but I believe the other person meant to say if you pay $350k you'd net $400k

Ice in Texas has no state income tax.

#18078 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm assuming Ice has his business set up as a LLC and that tax burden is both his business's and his personal liability. If not he is a baller and a braggart.

#18079 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the California rate I think

Quoted from Roostking:

Don't most lawyers love Democrats?

Most litigators I know do. Tort reform in Texas has crushed a lot of them

#18080 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why don't you pay a lot more then? My Liberal friends (who I respect) tell me we all need to pay more. (I'm a flat tax believer)
But when I suggest they forego any deductions they get all flustered. Or I inform them its perfectly legal to donate each year to the Treasury's Bureau of the Public Debt. As much as they like.
But no, it turns out they only want *other* people to pay more. (true of both party's)
- Talk is cheap. Especially on the internet.

You didn't really think I was serious about paying more did you!

Bring on the Flat Tax

#18081 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

My experience on the internet (as in real life) is the folks that feel the need to brag and boast the most are also those that are the most insecure....
quote-Owen-D.-Young-when-boasting-ends-there-dignity-begins-37215.png

Insecure is one thing I'm not. I really just did it because of your comments. Give you a little context and make you feel a little better about feeling sorry for all of us

#18082 8 years ago

Oh gosh, move off the tax subject and politics subject and a couple of you need to put each other on ignore without further delay...stop attacking each other.

#18083 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tort reform in Texas has crushed a lot of them

Oh my gawd, don't get me started on tort reform in this country. Enough detours guys.

- I thinks its best we return to bashing JFlop now or electing Wolfmarsh the Tape Measure Judge for our contest.

Edit/Add: Damn you TigerLaw and your speedy keyboard. - Agreed.

#18084 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think they will recover a dime from Jpop but if they do I hope they wipe him out

The latter will ensue regardless of the former.

I can see why someone who can afford to shrug it off might be less likely to want to be in on putting Jpop and his family out on the street. So income becomes subject matter. Fun. But it was pertinent, I thought, if a little show-offy, leaving us wondering what amount the taxes were on. Could be anything.

Working stiffs, who really couldn't afford to give thousands to a pie-in-the-sky dreamer who used that money to pay himself a big salary and be all creative, with nothing in return for their hard earned dollars feel angrier. Can't hold that against them. On top of that, it doesn't exactly give them the warm fuzzies reading about it being someone else's chump change.

When someone flaunts their money, all I think is "Well, lucky you." People who have studied success have determined that much more than anyone thought, it boils down to luck, i.e. fortunate circumstances being seized upon. Of course lazy folk aren't going to accomplish much, and are looked upon with contempt by those expending effort, and individual successful people are rightfully proud of their accomplishments, but overall, good things happening (and bad things not happening!) comes down to the old roll of the dice. And great success is usually fleeting. Hell, life is fleeting. In a hundred years the richest mofo in the world will be just as dead as you and me.

This most excellent of hobbies, which we are all lucky to have found (and lucky to have brains active enough to enjoy!), brings us together. I'd wager our average incomes reflect those active brains. Group hug?

#18085 8 years ago

If you believe in the expression " it takes money to make money" than it follows that more economic opportunities fall to those with more money. If you believe in the expression "equality of opportunity" than it follows that people with more $ have more opportunity. Re Distribution of wealth is the current "solution" to that. Like it or not. If not, then please share your solution to the "opportunity gap". Please do it in PM so as not to derail the "JP is a douche" thread.

#18086 8 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'd wager our average incomes reflect those active brains. Group hug?

Sorry that I must bring down that income average substantially, but am very happy that I am able to up the average in the brain department.

#18087 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry that I must bring down that income average substantially, but am very happy that I am able to up the average in the brain department.

#18088 8 years ago

Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers: The Story of Success is instructive. Historical and family circumstance, country of origin, birth year, and even birth month can be dispositive. Fascinating account about successful ice hockey players who ascend to the professional level in Canada. . .nearly all born in the early months. The recruiting system rewards the player's size and unwittingly perpetuates that reward. When you're 5 years old, your birth month matters in terms of size because a January born player has a year of maturity over his December born competitors. Gladwell explores the success of Bill Gates and the fortuitous circumstances surrounding his access to computers at a time when such access was unique to his particular lot in life. The author includes a ten thousand hour work element, in addition to those of luck, to the success formula. He attributes the success of The Beatles's American tour to the band's earlier stint in Germany, where they honed their craft over the course of "ten thousand hours." I wonder what Gladwell would say about 10,000 hours of arts & crafts? Certainly a prescription for disaster. The link below is a synopsis:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2008-11-19/gladwells-outliers-timing-is-almost-everything

#18089 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yup, including me, I have one payment in on an Alien LE, like with John its still the same, I like to support boutique pinball.

I checked with my accountant weeks ago. Unless there is an official State / Federal investigation that you can cite you can not take this deduction.

#18090 8 years ago

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#18091 8 years ago

I'll try!

bump_nose.gifbump_nose.gif

#18092 8 years ago

Back on track.

The purpose of jpop's letters to the mayor are finally known and were clearly fruitful. Trying to address the lack of coders in the area who are able to help him:

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/256385-chicago-mayor-calls-for-national-computer-coding-requirement

So, after a few years this might go into effect, then a few more years for students to graduate..? Ha. Take that haters! No timeline indeed.

#18093 8 years ago

This thread is never boring.

#18094 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Fuck! If the taxman is taking 80% of your income, time for a revolution.
Or at the least, some creative accounting.
Top tax rate in NZ is 30%. And that's too much.
rd

I AM NOT TAKING ANYTHING. I pay a lot of freaking taxes. I'm in Connecticut so I'm probably number one on the list when you add state and energy taxes.

Besides, the moderator told you to stop picking on me.

- Taxman

#18095 8 years ago
Quoted from Pickenheim:

I checked with my accountant weeks ago. Unless there is an official State / Federal investigation that you can cite you can not take this deduction.

Might be time to find another accountant. Just saying

#18096 8 years ago

NZ and Costa Rica are high on my list of alternate places to live!

As for Jpop, there is no "gag order" regarding public filings.

A lawsuit is not private, it's public record.

Does anybody else know, by way of court filings since we are back to secrecy, what is the date of any mediation, depositions, etc?

Has nothing to do with case facts, which we all know anyhow!

I'll just assume nothing has happened.

#18097 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does anybody else know, by way of court filings since we are back to secrecy, what is the date of any mediation, depositions, etc?

No Clue is the game.
I have however narrowed it down to Professor Plum in the conservatory with OPM.

#18098 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did a quick search in Cook County's court records (since that's where Zidware is based). I found the following case information summary, which I assume is what you seek (hopefully this link works!):
https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=2015-M1-110181&SearchType=0&Database=1&case_no=&PLtype=2&sname=&CDate=

#18099 8 years ago

By that link it looks like the next court activity is on 10/27/2015, but I don't understand a lot of the lingo on there.

Anyone care to help us goobers decipher what that stuff means?

#18100 8 years ago

The court date link has been at the bottom of Johns wiki for a while now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/362 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.