(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 491.
#17301 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LTG seems to suggest perhaps JPop could work at a fast food resturaunt or something,

I was more suggesting he'd have trouble finding anything more than a minimum wage job.

LTG : )™

#17302 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We knew we were in BIG trouble right after expo

I actually walked out of his expo seminar as it was truly sad.
It was more of a desperate last ditch sales pitch than a seminar.
The writing was on the wall for anyone willing to read.

#17303 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LTG seems to suggest perhaps JPop could work at a fast food resturaunt or something, but that would require him to handle cash register money...how could he be trusted not to steal it? I wouldn't hire him if I owned a McDonalds franchise...not a chance.

Another reason wouldn't be welcome at a McDonalds; An employee at a location near Bay City, Michigan stole thousands of the annual "Monopoly" game promotion pieces many years ago. Sure as luck would have it, the top prize in the nation was in the group of stolen playing pieces. Single digit IQ employee gives the ticket to another family member to claim. Eventually, Corporate McBurger traces the family relationship and invokes the "family members are not eligible to win a prize" clause of the fine print. They also fired the employee.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I guess he could come here to New Orleans and be a street performer or tour guide of some kind in the French Quarter...

It depends what side of St. Ann Street he seeks employment on. I'll never forget walking up Bourbon St. with my then 17 year old son around 2 am. (I know, I was trying out for the "Father of the year" award). When we crossed St. Ann and maybe were 30 feet into the block, we both looked at each other and turned right around.

#17304 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Apparently him and his wife are having issues. This is the reason for the van statement

"I am 53 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a vannn down by the river!"
jpop_matt_foley.jpgjpop_matt_foley.jpg

#17305 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"I am 53 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a vannn down by the river!"
jpop_matt_foley.jpg

"I am 53 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a vannn down by the river ... because of all those people on Pinside!"

#17306 8 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Bill should hire him......those rubbish bins don't empty themselves and he'd have to move to Canada so it'd be a nice loooong cold winter in the Van.

Guess you have never been to Vancouver my friend. Chicago winters make Vancouver seem like Hawaii! Palm trees and all!

#17308 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Guess you have never been to Vancouver my friend. Chicago winters make Vancouver seem like Hawaii! Palm trees and all!

Agreed, Vancouver is like San Francisco weather-wise.

#17309 8 years ago

In China on business, so just noticed the jpop thread had blown up a bit. I went through the letter quickly and to respond to this would be an absolute waste of my time not to mention the risk of adding an unknown quantity of grey brain matter .

#17310 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Good point about Chicago winters and actually I have been to Vancouver, it was summer though very green and beautiful, whole family loved it there - amazing place (although some d*ckhead cut off a youths head on one of the buses just after we landed, if any locals remember that - made the news...and us hire a car).

Best option for Jpop might be to retrain, making number plates or sewing mailbags. With his talent he could take both to innovative new levels never seen before?

#17311 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

In China on business, so just noticed the jpop thread had blown up a bit. I went through the letter quickly and to respond to this would be an absolute waste of my time not to mention the risk of adding an unknown quantity of grey brain matter .

What's up Bill, can you get the Chinese to quit devaluing the Yuan and buying their own equities while you are there.

Get home safe my man

#17312 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's up Bill, can you get the Chinese to quit devaluing the Yuan and buying their own equities while you are there.
Get home safe my man

Why do you think I'm here on business and not the US. I'm nervous as hell thinking what may happen to the US$ in the next 6 months or so!

#17313 8 years ago

To keep this on topic (too late), maybe Jpop could get over here and see how the factory workers get so much done in a day, screw sending him to Vancouver!

#17315 8 years ago

#17316 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was more suggesting he'd have trouble finding anything more than a minimum wage job.
LTG : )™

Maybe he could join the Circus and be a barker? Or design circus side show games! Lets think out of the box here or this will end in bankruptcy and no one will get anything. He can travel with the circus since he will have a van and a place to sleep. He could be a clown in the circus and no one would know who he was, aka like Jimmy Steward in the movie called I think Greatest Show on Earth.

#17317 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Apparently him and his wife are having issues. This is the reason for the van statement

Well that's one way to insulate assets....

#17319 8 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Maybe he could join the Circus and be a barker? Or design circus side show games! Lets think out of the box here or this will end in bankruptcy and no one will get anything. He can travel with the circus since he will have a van and a place to sleep. He could be a clown in the circus and no one would know who he was, aka like Jimmy Steward in the movie called I think Greatest Show on Earth.

He needs to be the clown at the carnival sitting above the dunk tank IMO. That would be his best revenue opportunity going forward.

#17320 8 years ago

I was just going through some old files and came across this package from Zidware that I never opened until today.

It was sent from Zidware on December 14th, 2014. Essentially asking for another $2000 payment on AIW.

IMG_4880.JPGIMG_4880.JPG

#17321 8 years ago

He threw in this "update two" and included an "original print" that looks like crap.

And was nice enough to include the envelope to mail back the check. Didn't include the stamp though

IMG_4881.JPGIMG_4881.JPG

#17322 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was just going through some old files and came across this package from Zidware that I never opened until today.
It was sent from Zidware on December 14th, 2014. Essentially asking for another $2000 payment on AIW.
IMG_4880.JPG

Wow. Just wow.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#17323 8 years ago

"This year is my 33rd year in pinball"

....and last.

#17324 8 years ago

Anybody else get one of these? He actually signed it. I guess it was supposed to make me feel good about sending in another 2k?

If its not an example of fraud and simply trying to steal more money from people I don't know what else to call it?

IMG_4882.JPGIMG_4882.JPG

#17325 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody else get one of these? He actually signed it. I guess it was supposed to make me feel good about sending in another 2k?
If its not an example of fraud and simply trying to steal more money from people I don't know what else to call it?
IMG_4882.JPG

So he gets to sign Jeremy's work? And what is "approved?"

"Here is your original print with some stupid, meaningless stamp over it! Enjoy and send me more money!"

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#17326 8 years ago

Would be interesting to somehow learn just how much time John wasted farting around with logos, prints, banners and other "window dressing" that had zero impact on getting work done. (but a lot of effect making it look like work was progressing)

#17327 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Would be interesting to somehow learn just how much time John wasted farting around with logos, prints, banners and other "window dressing" that had zero impact on getting work done. (but a lot of effect making it look like work was progressing)

When he says he works 14 hours a day 7 days a week, I believe it. I don't doubt that number at all... because of all this farting around BS. Literal "make work", and in his mind he feels the victim because we don't value that work.

#17328 8 years ago

In the hierarchy of failure, some of us look down on you Alice in Wonderland people.

DSCN1336.jpgDSCN1336.jpg

#17329 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

effect making it look like work was progressing

Reminds me of the "do nothing machine". You can crank it all you want and put work into it, but ultimately it does nothing

#17330 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's just JPoops way of sugar coating things, to make you feel like the game is coming soon, and send $$$ now!

#17331 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IMG_4882.JPG

There was one thing that JPOP was very good at.... Asking for money!

#17332 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

There was one thing that JPOP was very good at.... Asking for money!

PBS could hire him.

#17333 8 years ago

I just remember seeing the videos where MG only had 2 shots happening, and one of them wasn't working. All that artwork, decorations, lighting, planning, blah blah blah, and....that.

#17334 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IMG_4882.JPG

I love how he ruins the print by stamping it. The stamp should go on the back, if he intended to give you anything of potential value (he didn't).

#17335 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

So he gets to sign Jeremy's work? And what is "approved?"
"Here is your original print with some stupid, meaningless stamp over it! Enjoy and send me more money!"
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I, like many others, thought that this artwork was by Jpop. It's clear he wanted this interpretation. Deceit upon deceit...

#17336 8 years ago

Here's my letter for $22+K.

Thank you for the email, sorry for the delay, not trying to "bs" anyone just report what is happening. At this time I am unable to offer any refunds. I am very sorry to put you in this position, it has always been my intention to design and build custom games and offer something unique in the market. I have been working hard to fix all this as it is all overwhelming, and the amount of time, money, engineering and manpower needed to actual invest into a new pinball platform has been extreme.

I wish those that are making lists of angry owners, bashing me in public or running private Facebook groups would offer up some good suggestions, a positive dialog with ideas, as some said they would. I am only a pinball designer in a large community of people. Some very successful businessmen.

The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great! We had a new small marketing group called Pintasia come in before the show to handle the business, sales, marketing, accounts and game manufacturing. I put my full faith in what they said they would do, as we spent a lot of time together prior here at the workshop. They saw all. The Magic Girl preview was poorly done at the NW Show in my opinion, all the booth items, promos, banners, prints and outreach they promised to do was never done it seems. Also the Pintasia President backed out before for some "questionable" prior business issues, which was a bad blow.

I was even told not to personally attend, which now was a mistake perhaps as I have done many shows and know how to present. Since then they have abandoned our agreement, do not reply to any contact and left me to scramble now to try and pickup and keep the business going. We had big hopes with Pintasia. Also the online forum rancor, and destructive "troll" abuse since March, has just about gutted everything I have tried to build as people have stopped supporting the effort and game development. This is all new for me, as I grew up in the fax machine world.

We are so close to success I feel at this time. One thing I have learned is that many think all this pinball making is easily done, but once they spend some time behind the scenes they have a better understanding. So I have been reaching out to tell the story and bring people in to help businesswise. An owner asset takeover is also not out of the question. I have been a quiet, honest, hardworking guy for my whole life until now. Only 1 speeding ticket, that's it. I was told a while back I am "the most hated man in pinball", which is terrible.

Currently we are battling a court complaint filed by 20 owners and sadly it is taking much of my time and what resources I have left (which I told folks it would), and has pushed away 3 fantastic partner companies in the past months besides Pintasia. The work I am doing was to better the pinball community and make new games in a positive way. It is a luxury item though I see now. I have been updating the (pinballinventor.org) site as I work thru development as best I can, and still have a few “solid” meetings with some “technology fund groups” to assist me in fortifying the business in the best way and make all customers happy. But none of this comes quickly.

#17337 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great!

It really begins and ends with this statement. This is what we're dealing with.

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I was even told not to personally attend

Thank you, Bill, once again for this. We denied him his moment. And him being there was not going to turn around the fact that the game is so incomplete it basically can't be completed for any reasonable amount of money.

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I was told a while back I am "the most hated man in pinball", which is terrible.

Thank you to whomever said that to him. He needs to feel it.

#17338 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I, like many others, thought that this artwork was by Jpop. It's clear he wanted this interpretation. Deceit upon deceit...

Oh me too. I had no reason think otherwise especially when he was autographing art pieces for people at the NW Pinball Show a couple years ago!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#17339 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I wish those that are making lists of angry owners, bashing me in public or running private Facebook groups would offer up some good suggestions, a positive dialog with ideas, as some said they would. I am only a pinball designer in a large community of people. Some very successful businessmen.

This statement is really infuriating. One only needs to review this very thread to see what was offered to him to turn things around. Until he would stop taking their calls. Or the outright lies we had to navigate to try and piece together what really was going on.

#17340 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Also the online forum rancor, and destructive "troll" abuse since March, has just about gutted everything I have tried to build as people have stopped supporting the effort and game development. This is all new for me, as I grew up in the fax machine world.

What a blathering idiot. He can not see that all of his problems are of his own making.

#17341 8 years ago

"The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great!"

LOOKED great. Clearly that's all John ever cared about.

#17342 8 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

What a blathering idiot. He can not see that all of his problems are of his own making.

It is good to see that John is still living in his own fantasy world in which all of the problems have been caused by external factors. If we just would leave John alone the machines surely would be finished, right ?

#17343 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

So he admits that he had no clue how to ever get these games built and delivered in quantity.

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

An owner asset takeover is also not out of the question.

Still looking for his savior.

I have been a quiet, honest, hardworking guy for my whole life until now. Only 1 speeding ticket, that's it.

Only 1 speeding ticket! I think this proves we've been wrong about JPop. Anyone who has only 1 speeding ticket has to be a great guy!

#17344 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I have been a quiet, honest, hardworking guy for my whole life until now.

Wait,what? LOL. Freudian slip?

#17345 8 years ago

Cointaker Chris - is he taking your calls yet?

#17347 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Whatever happened to his best bud, StevenP?
That guy was on here (daily ) laying into anybody who didnt believe that JPOP could get it done. It's amazing how all of JPOP'S cheerleaders scattered like roaches when the lights came on. I'd love to hear what some of these clowns have to say, now that the truth is out there.

What else would you expect from a liberal?

#17348 8 years ago

I guess, while being insulting to the affected people, the take away is the moron is blabbering in public; going on record. Keep talking shithead. Hang yourself with your own words.

#17349 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great!"
LOOKED great. Clearly that's all John ever cared about.

I think you are focusing on the wrong word in that sentence. JPOP is so off his rocker.

#17350 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... I wish those that are making lists of angry owners, bashing me in public or running private Facebook groups would offer up some good suggestions, a positive dialog with ideas, as some said they would. I am only a pinball designer in a large community of people. Some very successful businessmen....

I hear he is so good at taking others suggestions

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great! ..

Completed?

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... The Magic Girl preview was poorly done at the NW Show in my opinion, all the booth items, promos, banners, prints and outreach they promised to do was never done it seems. Also the Pintasia President backed out before for some "questionable" prior business issues, which was a bad blow....

Blame others

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... I was even told not to personally attend, which now was a mistake perhaps as I have done many shows and know how to present...

Blame others for not being able to sell ice cubes to Eskimos as he has always been good at.

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

...Also the online forum rancor, and destructive "troll" abuse since March, has just about gutted everything I have tried to build as people have stopped supporting the effort and game development. This is all new for me, as I grew up in the fax machine world...

continue to blame others and start the incoherent babbling

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

....We are so close to success I feel at this time.....

Delusions kicking in

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

...One thing I have learned is that many think all this pinball making is easily done, but once they spend some time behind the scenes they have a better understanding. So I have been reaching out to tell the story and bring people in to help businesswise...

he's humble

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... An owner asset takeover is also not out of the question...

The pipe-dream delusion of divine intervention is still alive and well

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

.... I have been a quiet, honest, hardworking guy for my whole life until now. Only 1 speeding ticket, that's it. .

Your honor, if I can babble a little more (seriously? speeding ticket?)

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... I was told a while back I am "the most hated man in pinball"...

Reality peek in

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

...Currently we are battling a court complaint filed by 20 owners ....

more reality, is the fog clearing?

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

...sadly it is taking much of my time and what resources I have left (which I told folks it would), and has pushed away 3 fantastic partner companies in the past months besides Pintasia...

Nope, reality slipped away and the blame game continues

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... The work I am doing was to better the pinball community and make new games in a positive way...

his greatness is just not realized yet

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

... and make all customers happy..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.