(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 490.
#17201 8 years ago

Hey I found a photo of John!

"I want you to draw me like one of your purple French rabbits..."

9959901543_3ca750b2a6_b.jpg9959901543_3ca750b2a6_b.jpg

#17202 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Far from sunk yet. He's still captaining his ship!!! Look at those AIW pictures and tell me he's sunk. He's still playing the victim and trolling for suckers/victims!

And why in the heck is AIW the only one he's updating? The creep is psychotic or simply sociopathic. Or may just in CYA mode...
The RAZA wordpress blog has been long dead.
https://retrozombiepinball.wordpress.com/

#17203 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Or may just in CYA mode

He is doing what his lawyer is surely advising him to do - act like he's running a business and not a scam, keep generating stuff to make it look like he's an incompetent failure and not a crook (he's both in my view).

#17204 8 years ago

Python warned us all:

"...you think they had a plan to do a magic game before? And who did Theatre of Magic? John Popadiuk...the guy doesn't even feel about pinball...he will do anything, he is a chameleon, a lizard...and Python knows it because Python is the king of snakes...I eat Popadiuks for breakfast!"

#17205 8 years ago

"...you think they had a plan to do a magic game before? And who did Theatre of Magic? John Popadiuk...the guy doesn't even feel about pinball...he will do anything, he is a chameleon, a lizard...and Python knows it because Python is the king of snakes...I eat Popadiuks for breakfast!"

Quoted from Tubes:

Python warned us all:

Oh boy I can read that in Python's voice. Is that from Clay's TOP show?

#17206 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

so basically you're fucked!!!!
that would never be good enough for me
i support the victims

I support the victims too, but I think they are screwed. I didn't give money to either, b/c I didn't think it could be done. Not until Jack and Charlie, did I risk money - and I saw those much less of a risk. I had 25 machines and could risk $6 on a startup - appears a lot of folks pre-ordered who shouldn't b/c they couldn't afford the risk of $0 downside. The only way Jpop got more $ is because others who couldn't afford the risk, saw others putting money in - so it lowered their perceived chance of a loss, and they got in any way. As expressed in this thread a few times - there is anger at Kevin and John, and also a lot of self-directed anger for being sucked in to the frenzy.

#17207 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He is doing what his lawyer is surely advising him to do - act like he's running a business and not a scam, keep generating stuff to make it look like he's an incompetent failure and not a crook (he's both in my view).

Python now lives on on Planet Pythonia (immortalized as a tribute on the BoP 2.0 game now).

John lives on Planet CovermyAssia.

#17208 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The media and the general public aren't going to care very much. It's not a hot button, late-breaking, headline-making story that is rife with controversy or political intrigue.
Plus, do you really want the only thing that the general public knows about pinball to be this whole situation?
It's probably best to let this worm its way through the courts, though it make take a while. I'm assuming everyone who put down some preorder money has talked to a lawyer at some point about this?

Right. I keep hearing about what an amazing documentary this would be but it's really not that interesting, just sad for a small group of people.

Strictly "7 on your side" kind of stuff at best.

#17209 8 years ago

Sorry if this is a repost, but not everyone reads the Skit-b thread:

Don't know if this is relevant, but Michaeal Jordan JUST won a court case against Dominick's (A chicago based grocery store that went bankrupt a couple years back) for using his likeness without permission back in 2009, to the tune of 8.9 million dollars (Jordan isn't even keeping the money, he's donating it to chicago charity because he wasn't interested in money, just defending his name).
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13486052/supermarket-chain-pay-michael-jordan-89-million-use-name

Sounds like safeway has to pay since they owned Dominick's at the time, but it proves even bleak cases can still prevail. Perhaps if lawsuits for both Kevin and JPOP go through, even if they don't "have any money left", they'll at least be financially responsible to pay it. Whether that means jail time or a permanent wage garnish by federal law until the money is paid back, either way justice will be served.

#17210 8 years ago

PVA eats popadiuks for breakfast!! RIP

#17211 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

John says "we" a lot in his latest updates. Who is "we"?

It's a mystery mystery mystery... .. .

#17212 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sorry if this is a repost, but not everyone reads the Skit-b thread:
Don't know if this is relevant, but Michaeal Jordan JUST won a court case against Dominick's (A chicago based grocery store that went bankrupt a couple years back) for using his likeness without permission back in 2009, to the tune of 8.9 million dollars.

I think I get what you're saying...

Michael Jordan could use that $8.9 million dollars to help JPop get Magic Girl into production and shipping by Christmas!

Anyone have his email address?

#17213 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Oh boy I can read that in Python's voice. Is that from Clay's TOP show?

Yes, one of the greatest documents in all of pinball history. If only he had read The Fountainhead and then come back for a second interview, and of course to write the book to beat The Fountainhead that would come from it.

#17214 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

so basically you're fucked!!!!
that would never be good enough for me
i support the victims

everyone should keep in mind that Dgarrett is a friend of Jpops and as such has a particular filter on all he says regarding the matter.

#17215 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

everyone should keep in mind that Dgarrett is a friend of Jpops and as such has a particular filter on all he says regarding the matter.

I did think it was weird how his tune changed 180, but to be fair, people are allowed to change their mind.

#17216 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

everyone should keep in mind that whysnow was burned by Kevin and as such has a particular filter on all he says regarding the matter.

#17217 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes I know.

He never misses an opportunity to"piss in the cornflakes" of the victims.

#17218 8 years ago

I wasn't aware I had an issue with whysnow. Odd since we are at MGC and were fine, he even was using my game for a tourney.

#17219 8 years ago
Quoted from hlazzer:

I wasn't aware I had an issue with whysnow. Odd since we are at MGC and were fine, he even was using my game for a tourney.

Are you DGarret?

#17220 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you DGarret?

No, nor am I rick as has also been questioned in the mmr thread.

#17221 8 years ago

I’ve been vacationing from this thread and thought I’d poke my head in to see what great advice I can glean from the geniuses of Pinside.

So some of you believe we should take time off from our busy lives and travel hundreds of miles to begin a campaign of harassing the news media. Wow, that sounds neat-o and so simple and quick to do.

Here’s an amusing but possible scenario.

(Reporter)
- Hi guys, the police warned both of you yesterday to no longer come within 500 feet of our establishment.

(Man wearing Stern t-shirt holding a cardboard sign “Where’s the Code”)
– "Listen Mr. Reporter, John Popadiuk stole our money and we demand a feature story!”

(Reporter)
– "Yeah, you told us that every days since last week. We Googled Popadiuk and all we could find is he’s some kind of “Peen-ball” designer".

(Man wearing MMR t-shirt with cardboard sign that reads "Lost on Predator and all I got was this lousy T-shirt")
– "Yeah!!!, Popaduik stole our money!"

(Reporter)- "How much?"

(Stern T-shirt guy) - "$10,000 !!!"

(Reporter) - "Umm, that’s not exactly Bernie Madoff money is it…."

(Stern t-shirt guy take a swig of schnapps from pint in back pocket)
– “Yeah but there’s more than a hundred victims he stole from!!”

(Reporter) - "Uh yeah but I only see you two guys with card board signs. And Bernie Madoff had over 3 million victims worldwide, so again not feeling the excitement here"

(Reporter) – "Look guys, go home. We’ve got a story to do about a woman who lives with 300 cats and her husband was abducted by a UFO."

FYI: I flew to Chicago months ago and confronted Popadiuk. After that I allowed some events to play out and then turned everything over to an attorney in Chicago. We are now proceeding through the court system.

Of course I wish to legally prevail but quite frankly I’ll simply wait and let my lawyer handle the dirty work. If I never see a penny, I have no problem in throwing good money after bad to make a point. It is after all, my money to spend as I see fit.

And I don't need your sympathy nor advice.

In the meantime I’ve gone back to my life and things are pretty damn good.

#17223 8 years ago

That is the spirit mr68! Moving on but also not letting him off the hook. Give this man a cigar.

#17224 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been vacationing from this thread and thought I’d poke my head in to see what great advice I can glean from the geniuses of Pinside.
So some of you believe we should take time off from our busy lives and travel hundreds of miles to begin a campaign of harassing the news media. Wow, that sounds neat-o and so simple and quick to do.
Here’s an amusing but possible scenario.
(Reporter)
- Hi guys, the police warned both of you yesterday to no longer come within 500 feet of our establishment.
(Man wearing Stern t-shirt holding a cardboard sign “Where’s the Code”)
– "Listen Mr. Reporter, John Popadiuk stole our money and we demand a feature story!”
(Reporter)
– "Yeah, you told us that every days since last week. We Googled Popadiuk and all we could find is he’s some kind of “Peen-ball” designer".
(Man wearing MMR t-shirt with cardboard sign that reads "Lost on Predator and all I got was this lousy T-shirt")
– "Yeah!!!, Popaduik stole our money!"
(Reporter)- "How much?"
(Stern T-shirt guy) - "$10,000 !!!"
(Reporter) - "Umm, that’s not exactly Bernie Madoff money is it…."
(Stern t-shirt guy take a swig of schnapps from pint in back pocket)
– “Yeah but there’s more than a hundred victims he stole from!!”
(Reporter) - "Uh yeah but I only see you two guys with card board signs. And Bernie Madoff had over 3 million victims worldwide, so again not feeling the excitement here"
(Reporter) – "Look guys, go home. We’ve got a story to do about a woman who lives with 300 cats and her husband was abducted by a UFO."
FYI: I flew to Chicago months ago and confronted Popadiuk. After that I allowed some events to play out and then turned everything over to an attorney in Chicago. We are now proceeding through the court system.
Of course I wish to legally prevail but quite frankly I’ll simply wait and let my lawyer handle the dirty work. If I never see a penny, I have no problem in throwing good money after bad to make a point. It is after all, my money to spend as I see fit.
And I don't need your sympathy nor advice.
In the meantime I’ve gone back to my life and things are pretty damn good.

#17225 8 years ago

So, has anyone confronted him in person after the Pintasia thing fell apart? I want to know how what he'd say to one of his "customers" who cornered him in person with "Where's my game? Where's my money? Where are some ANSWERS!?!?!?!"

#17226 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, has anyone confronted him in person after the Pintasia thing fell apart? I want to know how what he'd say to one of his "customers" who cornered him in person with "Where's my game? Where's my money? Where are some ANSWERS!?!?!?!"

I was wondering this as well. Is JPop talking to anyone at all at this point?

#17227 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is JPop talking to anyone at all at this point?

The way he has shut out so many people that I know, my instincts tell me he has gone full Nixon, oval office seclusion, 1972.

- "I'm am not a crook"

#17228 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The way he has shut out so many people that I know, my instincts tell me he has gone full Nixon, oval office seclusion, 1972.
- "I'm am not a crook"

He better have remembered to turn off the tape recorders. Otherwise his ramblings may become exhibits in court one day!

#17229 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He better have remembered to turn off the tape recorders. Otherwise his ramblings may become exhibits in court one day!

Perhaps the ramblings will be in the "missing" 18 1/2 minutes.

LTG : )™

#17230 8 years ago

"...and then I'll make the money disappear! it'll be MAGIC!"

#17231 8 years ago

This quote from Jpop is so classic at this point in the discussion. "I AM NOT A CROOK. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT!"

Unfu**ing believable narcissistic denial.

Quote Jpop from Raza Wordpress blog:

"As I mentioned before I have been battling the “pinside” group for months now (since the DP downfall began in public) and it has done the most damage to my work, apart from anything I have missed or do poorly as a business owner. In many cases people (many not owners) have severley damaged my business, reputation and exploding my customer base with their public statements, rants and “toxic” posts. Also been harrased by phone, computer, email, text or incited by posters online, which is a criminal offence today."

#17232 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

which is a criminal offence today

Speaking of criminal offenses.

LTG : )™

#17233 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

"As I mentioned before I have been battling the “pinside” group for months now (since the DP downfall began in public) and it has done the most damage to my work, apart from anything I have missed or do poorly as a business owner. In many cases people (many not owners) have severley damaged my business, reputation and exploding my customer base with their public statements, rants and “toxic” posts. Also been harrased by phone, computer, email, text or incited by posters online, which is a criminal offence today."

That's Hall of Fame stupid. Shameless and pathetic.

#17234 8 years ago

Here's another juicy jpop quote, this time dissing Heighway.

As far as brand value (we are building a brand), which takes time, you can spend ( €6.7k) 8k usd on the new Heighway Pinball motorcycle game in the UK. Andrew has done an amazing job, but for me and the value here, my games must have (and do) better artwork, cool theme, more features and super cool cabinet look to attract and keep customers. It must be awesome. I am sure Andrew works as hard as I do, but ultimately people will judge the games after 5 minutes of looking.

(Posted January 2014)

He probably likes no one visiting anymore, so he can self felate all day long.

#17235 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

my games must have (and do) better artwork, cool theme, more features and super cool cabinet look to attract and keep customers

Must be from the private blog?

better artwork: Heighway did some improvements, I'd say they're up to late 80's art. John had better artwork because he paid a good artist
cool theme: debatable. Magic girl (from what I gather based on in completion) is simply a sequel to theatre of magic. Magic is cool, it'd be cooler if it were licensed, like Penn & Teller. RAZA is a complete bastardized joke. AIW is timeless, but it's also been done to death (it's also 150 years old)
more features: If... ya know, you finished getting all those hyped up gadgets that had to be turned off in settings because they weren't finished.
super cool cabinet: that needs custom glass, and barely clears the shooter rod
keep customers: Yes, it would probably be cheaper to buy glass from JPOP since he would have been buying it in volume, versus someone contacting a glass company and buying a custom piece of tempered glass for $100. He would have customers for life.

#17236 8 years ago

Well, the main thing to me is Heighway got a game out and didn't screw his customers. Everything else is moot. It's a joke to me to criticize anything anyone else is doing when they deliver and you don't. John is today in his shop flipping through color separations while Heighway customers are receiving their games. You know, the same games with art that isn't as good as the Zombie Yeti framed pieces in jpop's office.

#17237 8 years ago

As long as we're posting juicy JPOP quotes:
"Thank you for the email. At this time I am unable to offer refunds today. As you know we had a small marketing group called Pintasia come to to handle the business, sales, marketing, accounts and game manufacturing. I put my full faith and trust in them (signed a bad deal) as we spent a lot of time together, went over all documents and game development before the NW Show. I did my very best to show all in the proper stages at the studio during their visits. Actual the Alice game was their favorite of the 3. The magic girl preview was poorly done at the NW Show, all the booth items, promos, banners, prints and outreach they promised to do was never done.

Their one main person to run the new entity had a questionable background and resigned just before the show. I was even told not to attend, which now was a mistake. They did not know how to do this at all. Since then they have abandoned our deal, do not reply to any contact and left me to scramble now as the online forum rancor since march has just about gutted everything I have built the last 3 years. Only 1 of my owners has actually called to offer help and business ideas, as folks get I am a good designer but not so good a CEO.

One thing I have learned is that "outsiders" think all this pinball making is easy money (john is rich and must drive a Porsche), but once they spend a few weeks with me they understand that it is difficult and endless hard work to do this. So they then bail or go online and post something negative. And yes many people offer to help, bash me online "I offered john help but he's an idiot" but forget to mention they want a fulltime gig, 80k a year to then come in only 2-3 days a week and work remotely. Many also come to look around, get a free lunch but have no intention of working at all. This does not work at all.

But nicely all has been documented from day 1, all business items, working arrangements and even all the partner meetings and investor presentations as my attorney helps on all. And is always available. I had hoped a small group of owners would propose some "take-over" to reorg and move forward as the IP created is well done. This was never a money making venture for me at all. Actually I will be living in my van soon.

Currently we are battling a complaint filed by 20 owners and sadly it is taking all our time and resources (which I told folks it would), and has pushed away 3 "other" fantastic partner companies in the months recently. The work I am doing was to better the pinball community and make new games. I have been updating the (pinballinventor.org) site as I work thru development (blogs are closed), new meetings also with some other new groups to assist me in building the business the next 3 weeks. But I have you at the top of the refund list.

I was thinking of coming to pinside with an update and some thoughts on how to move forward, but I do not think it would turn out to be "positive" for the sake of the IP or the owners.

John"

This was an e-mail John recently sent to a non-pinside friend of mine. So he's blaming Bill and Pinside as well as the 20ish people suing his ass...he really is unbelievable. You can't make this up!

#17238 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

blah blah... John Popadiuk verbal diahrea ...blah blah

The motherfucker is certifiably insane! Help him, and by default his kids, by suing him into oblivion. No child should be subject to the loony bin that JPOP creates on daily basis.

#17239 8 years ago

Blaming Bill & PINTASIA = Bullshit
Top of the refund list = more bullshit
Living in a van soon? I hope it gets towed away while he is at Starbucks getting his daily Latte.

You stole from us John! We your customers are the victims! You are a thief and a scam artist.

#17240 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

This was never a money making venture for me at all. Actually I will be living in my van soon.

I feel like I should feign shock or surprise at this comment but I'm not surprised at all. He made a great deal of money on this venture.

If it wasn't a 100% money making venture He should publicly disclose the salary he paid himself and his wife all these years. That is going to come pouring out in discovery in the lawsuit fast.

#17241 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

"Thank you for the email. At this time I am unable to offer refunds today. As you know we had a small marketing group called Pintasia come to to handle the business, sales, marketing, accounts and game manufacturing. I put my full faith and trust in them (signed a bad deal) as we spent a lot of time together, went over all documents and game development before the NW Show. I did my very best to show all in the proper stages at the studio during their visits. Actual the Alice game was their favorite of the 3. The magic girl preview was poorly done at the NW Show, all the booth items, promos, banners, prints and outreach they promised to do was never done.
Their one main person to run the new entity had a questionable background and resigned just before the show. I was even told not to attend, which now was a mistake. They did not know how to do this at all. Since then they have abandoned our deal, do not reply to any contact and left me to scramble now as the online forum rancor since march has just about gutted everything I have built the last 3 years. Only 1 of my owners has actually called to offer help and business ideas, as folks get I am a good designer but not so good a CEO.
One thing I have learned is that "outsiders" think all this pinball making is easy money (john is rich and must drive a Porsche), but once they spend a few weeks with me they understand that it is difficult and endless hard work to do this. So they then bail or go online and post something negative. And yes many people offer to help, bash me online "I offered john help but he's an idiot" but forget to mention they want a fulltime gig, 80k a year to then come in only 2-3 days a week and work remotely. Many also come to look around, get a free lunch but have no intention of working at all. This does not work at all.
But nicely all has been documented from day 1, all business items, working arrangements and even all the partner meetings and investor presentations as my attorney helps on all. And is always available. I had hoped a small group of owners would propose some "take-over" to reorg and move forward as the IP created is well done. This was never a money making venture for me at all. Actually I will be living in my van soon.
Currently we are battling a complaint filed by 20 owners and sadly it is taking all our time and resources (which I told folks it would), and has pushed away 3 "other" fantastic partner companies in the months recently. The work I am doing was to better the pinball community and make new games. I have been updating the (pinballinventor.org) site as I work thru development (blogs are closed), new meetings also with some other new groups to assist me in building the business the next 3 weeks. But I have you at the top of the refund list.
I was thinking of coming to pinside with an update and some thoughts on how to move forward, but I do not think it would turn out to be "positive" for the sake of the IP or the owners.
John"
This was an e-mail John recently sent to a non-pinside friend of mine. So he's blaming Bill and Pinside as well as the 20ish people suing his ass...he really is unbelievable. You can't make this up!

Wow, the man is utterly shameless. He takes absolutely no personal responsibility for his actions and then has the gall to point fingers and blame anybody and everybody who has tried to help, and in Bill's case lost tens of thousands of dollars just to get the game halfway playable and on display at a show. Then he goes on to blame the 20 owners who filed a complaint because it is now taking all of his precious time. Time to do what exactly? To play arts and crafts despite having publicly admitted months ago that he does not have the ability to produce any of the games those people bought! But now it's their fault for filing a complaint after 4 years of BS.

"as folks get I am a good designer" Pffffftttttt!!!

#17242 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is going to come pouring out in discovery in the lawsuit fast.

It shouldn't be hard. His lawyer keeps great records you know.

His point by point defense he has built in his dreamland to counter the points raised here is unbelievably astounding. The more he says, the more clear it becomes that save for dreaming up pinball ideas, he is a blathering idiot.

#17243 8 years ago

Seriously jpop is 100 percent dick. Screw the softly softly approach go down and demand your money.

If he had shown remorse, I would give him a break, but as none shown....

What is wrong with you guys? Grow a pair!!

And yes have done this I the past with people who have owed my parents business money and it mostly works. A phonecall will often do the job. My favorite line is " I'm guessing you don't like problems, I dont like problems so how about you pay what you owe and then there will be no problems"

Didn't try it with one client, was an ex kickboxing world champ with a temper, had to let that one slide.

#17244 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

John"

Good gravy. There are NO WORDS for his delusions. So now it's Bill's fault.

He forgot in that email to include this little part of the backstory. From his own email announcing the Pintasia deal:

After 4 years, the Company still has not been able to produce one machine to deliver to its customers so the
Company is unable to secure any additional operating cash.
As a result of the foregoing, Zidware is facing difficulty in generating sufficient cash flow to meet
its obligations as they become due. Zidware concluded that it had to have help to take the
designs that had been created and get them into production or the Company would be forced to
pursue a Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation.

This is ALL ON YOU, JOHN! You can try to blame Bill and his "bad deal" or that your game demoed like a piece of shit at NW show because it was so incomplete. You can blame the owners who are suing you.

I am GRATEFUL to Bill he had the good sense to NOT have you go to NW. No, you standing beside the machine and letting naive pinball fans who hadn't been ripped off tell you how great Jeremy's art is was not going to turn things around. Thank you, Bill, for not letting that happen.

So you're down to "1" customer who still wants to help. But it's the rest of them that are out to get you. But of course the 100+ who don't want to help, it's their fault.

And it's not about the money, yet you took a huge salary AND DELIVERED NOTHING. And now there is no money left. I hope you are living in a van soon, because that would be actual justice.

Quoted from frolic:

Many also come to look around, get a free lunch but have no intention of working at all.

The BALLS on this guy. THEY GAVE YOU THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR YOU TO BUILD THEM A PINBALL, and now you are complaining about them coming in to "look around"? Oh, btw, I hope you enjoyed the lunch my money paid for.

Quoted from Pimp77:

But nicely all has been documented from day 1, all business items, working arrangements and even all the partner meetings and investor presentations as my attorney helps on all.

Yes we are familiar with your legal defense of how you took a salary for 4 years and delivered nothing.

Quoted from Pimp77:

And yes many people offer to help, bash me online "I offered john help but he's an idiot"

So he is still lurking here.

PS: Have you returned Cointaker's call yet? Oh yeah, he's to blame as well, right?

#17245 8 years ago

See you in court, Popadiuk.

#17246 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

John"

I'm surprised he hasn't got a knuckle sandwich yet.

Reading his letter, sounds like he's covering his ass-ets. IOW the ability to pierce the corporate veil, he's saying everything is documented with meetings and whatnot. He's really mentally ill I think, and I'd bet those minutes have been created after the fact, phony just like John.

#17247 8 years ago

Wait... Is he saying people want to be paid to work for him? What an outrage!

#17248 8 years ago

The facts speak for themselves. At the NW Show MG was 40% or less complete, after 4 years. This was never going to happen. Jpop was in a design and foam loop, unable to take it to the next level (manufacturing), but rather instead looping back to design another machine and another and... 7 in total, 3 main ones?

If he'd stuck with MG possibly there would have been enough money to finish it, but even that was unlikely given the expenses and salary Jpop took out of the pre-order money, and his high BOM with customised everything (very expensive), getting stuff (e.g. artwork) done multiple times, making a meal out of the simplest components (3D printing customised basic parts that are available off the shelf). So the money was gone, or at least not enough was left to finish anything. And then he went into denial, started his pre-order ponzi for other machines, tried to hoodwink rich people to be angel investors (hoping they won't do due diligence!). That didn't work because Bill is highly competent.

IMO money isn't the main issue anyway- Jpop can't do this on his own, he needs to be managed by people competent in business and manufacturing. He is not. And to make it worse he's also arrogant with a big ego and inability to self-criticise and take personal responsibility, so he couldn't take advice and accept help.

In hindsight, I wish the pinball insiders who knew what he's like (even as a pinball designer and nil else he nearly buggered up his projects) had bothered to tell us chumps these facts, as I wouldn't then have touched this flake with a bargepole.

Last time I ever pre-order too. Even Alien which I'm interested in, I'll wait until it's shipping before I order, assuming gameplay is ok.

Jpop has done immense damage to pinball, showing that even well-known, allegedly successful pinball designers can't be trusted. Once a zero trust environment exists (with trust replaced by transparency), pinball is in a much sadder place But I guess, on the plus side, it's a place that is at least consistent with good corporate governance, which going forward should improve the business side of things.

#17249 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure if I'm wcbrandes, I'm messing up JPop's life permanently after an email like that.

#17250 8 years ago

I would love to read Bill's take on this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.