(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 491.
#17001 8 years ago

17000.jpg17000.jpg

#17002 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Yup, the active snake shall be added, the flow at this point is getting there and it's fun!

I thought it looked like it was moving. Very cool. Anghelo is smiling!

#17003 8 years ago

Where is the link on the CV page?

#17004 8 years ago

This link works:
http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

This link does not work:
http://johnpopadiuk.com

Whoever is in charge of this page should fix this.

#17005 8 years ago

Whoever runs that site, be very careful you are only posting facts. Beware of libel

#17006 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Whoever runs that site, be very careful you are only posting facts. Beware of libel

John could sue for a million dollars. Wouldn't that be convenient?

#17007 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

John could sue for a million dollars. Wouldn't that be convenient?

I love how the lawsuit against John is considered risky.Yet people are so sure he could sue for libel.
looks like everything in there is the truth.

#17008 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I love how the lawsuit against John is considered risky.Yet people are so sure he could sue for libel.
looks like everything in there is the truth.

Who said a lawsuit against John would be "risky"? Everyone agrees that the law is on the buyers' side here. The problem is that if Zidware/JPop have got no money, a judgment against them isn't worth much. In any event the lawsuits are going forward, and we'll find out soon enough if the corporation or JPop himself will be going the bankruptcy route.

#17009 8 years ago

Alternatively they could preface the web site with, "This is an opinion and should not be construed as fact. Always do your own research."

But I guess anybody can sue anybody anyway.

However, in a case like this, the facts seem to be on the side JPop isn't on.

#17010 8 years ago

I'm just waiting to hear that the POS will file a suit against everyone that paid him for a machine and signed an NDA and then disclosed things to the public which breached the NDA.

#17011 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm just waiting to hear that the POS will file a suit against everyone that paid him for a machine and signed an NDA and then disclosed things to the public which breached the NDA.

He breached his own contract long before anyone here violated his pathetic NDA..

#17012 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Gee... I think somewhere there is a post from JPoop saying ZIDWARE CAN'T MAKE THE F*&^ING GAMES!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

F-YOUR NDA.jpgF-YOUR NDA.jpg

#17013 8 years ago

I sure miss Sam. He was the best.

#17016 8 years ago

The www version and non www version are going to seperate sites. The webmaster should redirect one to the other, or Google will view it as two sites.

#17017 8 years ago

Someone posted about Magic Girl on another forum I read (brickpicker). The post was all positive, just about how cool the game looked and that it was almost done. He had no idea about what a scam the whole thing had become. I posted what had really happened and added the http://www.johnpopadiuk.com/ link. Problem is most non pinsiders who find info on Zidware are only going to think what this guy thought.

#17018 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Someone posted about Magic Girl on another forum I read (brickpicker). The post was all positive, just about how cool the game looked and that it was almost done. He had no idea about what a scam the whole thing had become. I posted what had really happened and added the http://www.johnpopadiuk.com/ link. Problem is most non pinsiders who find info on Zidware are only going to think what this guy thought.

It's unbelievable how JPoop continues on.

#17019 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's unbelievable how JPoop continues on.

It really is amazing. I just wonder how and when this BS is going to come to and end.

#17020 8 years ago

Any news? Anyone talk to him? Is he still at his shop every day playing around with foam core?

#17021 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Any news? Anyone talk to him? Is he still at his shop every day playing around with foam core?

Just waiting for the court date

#17022 8 years ago

He's certifiable. The ending to this will merit a headline in Pinball News.
First and Free.

#17023 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is he still at his shop every day playing around with foam core?

I would imagine the local hobby lobby know him by name by now

"Ah yes Mr Popadiuk, how many reams of foam core will it be today?'

#17024 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would imagine the local hobby lobby know him by name by now
"Ah yes Mr Popadiuk, how many reams of foam core will it be today?'

Make it "Mr Jpoop" and he needs lot of "reams" for how many folks he's F&%$ed.

#17025 8 years ago

Someone should just contact anonymous and let them have at him!

#17026 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Someone should just contact anonymous and let them have at him!

Let the lawsuit run it's course. The outcome of that probably dictates how things will go after it.

#17027 8 years ago

filling in the blank here, but knowing how that would play out, the answer to it would be a swat'ing

#17028 8 years ago

Just in case the uninitiated do a search on certain key words:

[edit] sorry, fellas. Thought it would spike search relevance.

#17029 8 years ago

Add: John Popadiuk PLONK!!!

#17030 8 years ago

Repeating the same thing over and over in a post does not affect search results.

#17031 8 years ago

The popadiuk wiki is result #3, which links to johnpopadiuk.com website. I say mission accomplished.

#17032 8 years ago

There is never any update. This thread is just a trick

#17033 8 years ago

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com/

So how does lining work?

#17034 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

There is never any update. This thread is just a trick

I don't expect any real update until the litigation really gets going.

I'm sure JPop's deposition transcript or, even better, video deposition will make its way into the public's hands and that will generate another 2,000 posts...easy. Till then, I expect little news.

I just wish JPop would use whatever money he has left to payback whatever he can and end the charade of working on AIW.

#17035 8 years ago

Enter [ standing on soapbox ]

Wow - it's been forever since I checked out his website. He's completely pimping out Yeti's artwork. I can't believe half the crap on the site, but one stuck out... " At this stage I think we will reach our "Million Lines of Ink" challenge I set for myself ".

Interesting...One line of ink for every dollar stolen from customers.

And with this closing paragraph from AIW... Makes me want to puke.

The final vision for the backglass will take some time for me to go thru, which I will. We have designed in a cool topper and so much playfield gadgetry it will be great. One of the questions I get all the time is "how can you work on more than one game at a time". Well this has never been attempted before in pinball. In our case all the games have benefited from each other. Magic Girl was partially re-drawn and re-colored after we brough on a new artist for Zombie Adventureland. Alice has benefited as I have found my "pinball groove" again after not designing for over a decade. So it's just flowing now like a gusher, all the creativity. Also as a pinball team we have really honed in the process. At this stage I think we will reach our "Million Lines of Ink" challenge I set for myself, and to work as hard as I can for my owners. Jpop

[ jumping off soapbox ]

#17036 8 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Enter [ standing on soapbox ]
Wow - it's been forever since I checked out his website. He's completely pimping out Yeti's artwork. I can't believe half the crap on the site, but one stuck out... " At this stage I think we will reach our "Million Lines of Ink" challenge I set for myself ".
Interesting...One line of ink for every dollar stolen from customers.
And with this closing paragraph from AIW... Makes me want to puke.
The final vision for the backglass will take some time for me to go thru, which I will. We have designed in a cool topper and so much playfield gadgetry it will be great. One of the questions I get all the time is "how can you work on more than one game at a time". Well this has never been attempted before in pinball. In our case all the games have benefited from each other. Magic Girl was partially re-drawn and re-colored after we brough on a new artist for Zombie Adventureland. Alice has benefited as I have found my "pinball groove" again after not designing for over a decade. So it's just flowing now like a gusher, all the creativity. Also as a pinball team we have really honed in the process. At this stage I think we will reach our "Million Lines of Ink" challenge I set for myself, and to work as hard as I can for my owners. Jpop
[ jumping off soapbox ]

In other words, one step forward, two steps back.

#17037 8 years ago

Stop spamming links here please..

This forum automatically tags all links posted in messages with 'nofollow', so search engine crawlers will not follow them.

#17038 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I just wish JPop would use whatever money he has left to payback whatever he can and end the charade of working on AIW.

Based on the July 30 post on the magic girl blog from Cointaker, John is still being a coward and not even talking to his "friends".

How he can pretend that everything is fine, and that if it weren't for the people making trouble for him these games will all be completed..... just no words to explain it.

Does anyone know Rob Berk? Someone should make sure he knows not to book a jpop seminar this year at expo. Something tells me John would still show up and do a slide show of artwork and do a "making of Alice in Wonderland" talk. Then blog about a great expo.

#17039 8 years ago

My other expo prediction, to explain why he isn't appearing, Jpop tells people he is meeting with WIRED or some other convenient explanation that also feeds his ego.

#17040 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Based on the July 30 post on the magic girl blog from Cointaker, John is still being a coward and not even talking to his "friends".

I didn't see that post, but not surprised at all.

Quoted from frolic:

How he can pretend that everything is fine, and that if it weren't for the people making trouble for him these games will all be completed..... just no words to explain it.

I guess he figured he would have taken deposits from people forever...

#17041 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Link?

#17044 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Does anyone know Rob Berk? Someone should make sure he knows not to book a jpop seminar this year at expo. Something tells me John would still show up and do a slide show of artwork and do a "making of Alice in Wonderland" talk. Then blog about a great expo.

There is no freaking way that JP shows up at Expo this year...

not...

a...

chance...

Jaz

#17045 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

He's done in the hobby I think; he will not attend any future shows. His failure is of such an astounding magnitude, he has no friends left in the hobby (he lied to his biggest supporters it seems), and he doesn't even have the dignity to apologize for his own personal constant lies and misrepresentations that went on for years.

#17046 8 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Given how delusional he is, not sure that would be a safe bet. How about giving some odds and we can get some wagering going? Liven up this thread while we wait for the next court date.

#17047 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Given how delusional he is, not sure that would be a safe bet.

This is why I think there's a chance he might attempt it.

We've seen evidence that the jpop situation is not widely known outside of Pinside. There are only ~100 affected people, and whoever watches this thread. Until he deleted his facebook, he was still posting things to get adoration from fans who had no skin in the game.

He feeds off people telling him how great everything is, even stuff he did not make (art), or did not pay for.

That's why I think there's a chance he'd try and book a seminar.

#17048 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hope the organizers have enough sense to turn him away if that happens. It would only turn into conflict and that kind of drama doesn't belong at a family friendly event IMO.

#17049 8 years ago

As someone who had hoped to own or at least play one of these games someday, reading through all of this makes me very sad. Sad for John's failure and subsequent behavior. Sad for the customers who lost money. Sad for the increasingly vitriolic tone of the discussion. And sad for the hobby in general.

#17050 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh man, I couldn't even imagine the blow back the show would get if they allowed that to happen.

Quoted from VacFink:

I hope the organizers have enough sense to turn him away if that happens. It would only turn into conflict and that kind of drama doesn't belong at a family friendly event IMO.

Agreed; surely the show organizers know 100% what is going on with "Zidware", if not, they need to be brought up to speed if JPop possibly showing up is a real possibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/341 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.