(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 491.
#16751 8 years ago

We all know where things are going to go in the civil case. If people want their money back, they need to be petitioning the attorney general and the local media to get on the case.

#16752 8 years ago

I would think the media would love to jump on this. I know they would here, especially during sweeps week.

#16753 8 years ago

somebody pump up the local media.

Time for action.

Still waiting on my RAZA refund.

#16754 8 years ago

I don't know why folks have been coy in pasting here Zane's email update details. Jpop knows all this stuff of course as it's what was discussed in court. So, to summarise:

___
- On 16th July the case was up on Case Status and defendant’s motion to stay proceedings because they were “contemplating filing bankruptcy”. The judge indicated that he would not grant the motion to stay proceedings unless there was an actual bankruptcy filing. Since there has been no such filing defendant withdrew their motion.

- The judge granted our request to file the second amended complaint. He then allowed defendants up to 8-20-15 to answer or otherwise plead to the complaint. Defendants indicated to the Court that they are going to file BK as to the corporation only. The matter is next set for 8-25-15.
___

Key issue here is that fraud and misrepresentation is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Moreover, the defendants may not succeed in limiting this to Zidware's assets...

It's appalling that Jpop clearly has zero intent to pay back anyone even a penny, even though the bankruptcy 'strategy' was rather obvious. If he's stated to court that he's considering BK, doesn't this also make his continued activity on his website/blog and replies to potential new customer emails blatant fraud? I'm no lawyer but still...

Finally, I'm copying this text from Zane, as it is relevant for anyone else considering suing Jpop: "I have indicated [to court] that we would like to file only one more amended complaint to add more plaintiffs and I would like to do this before 8-1-15."

Thus, it would seem advisable for anyone wanting to join this case to do so ASAP! Through the looking glass, people

I'm also suing Kevin. Bring it on!

#16755 8 years ago

I'll give another summary - Jpop got spanked first time in court. Not only that he got upbraided by the court. He has made two HUGE legal errors right out of the gate that will cost him $$ no matter the outcome.

To me it appears he is handling communications with his attorneys in the same way as he handled clients. They are left in the dark without the whole story. He is not even going to defend one of the causes of action so that one will be default judgement IMHO. Apparently , the lawyers are hired to represent zidware. Anything else was viewed as frivolous, so no defense.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he? Lol, go go gadget pinball scammer

#16756 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I don't know why folks have been coy in pasting here Zane's email update details. Jpop knows all this stuff of course as it's what was discussed in court. So, to summarise:
___
- On 16th July the case was up on Case Status and defendant’s motion to stay proceedings because they were “contemplating filing bankruptcy”. The judge indicated that he would not grant the motion to stay proceedings unless there was an actual bankruptcy filing. Since there has been no such filing defendant withdrew their motion.
- The judge granted our request to file the second amended complaint. He then allowed defendants up to 8-20-15 to answer or otherwise plead to the complaint. Defendants indicated to the Court that they are going to file BK as to the corporation only. The matter is next set for 8-25-15.
___
Key issue here is that fraud and misrepresentation is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Moreover, the defendants may not succeed in limiting this to Zidware's assets...
It's appalling that Jpop clearly has zero intent to pay back anyone even a penny, even though the bankruptcy 'strategy' was rather obvious. If he's stated to court that he's considering BK, doesn't this also make his continued activity on his website/blog and replies to potential new customer emails blatant fraud? I'm no lawyer but still...
Finally, I'm copying this text from Zane, as it is relevant for anyone else considering suing Jpop: "I have indicated [to court] that we would like to file only one more amended complaint to add more plaintiffs and I would like to do this before 8-1-15."
Thus, it would seem advisable for anyone wanting to join this case to do so ASAP! Through the looking glass, people
I'm also suing Kevin. Bring it on!

thanks for the update, I hope John is left without a pot to piss in as they say.

#16757 8 years ago

I don't understand why some of the people who got screwed are so willing to accept it. The thought of John continuing to go to work each day playing arts and crafts and learning how to build pinball machines out of foam makes me sick. He is doing it with our money, wake up people, he is laughing at how easy it was to screw us and so far, other than beginning a few lawsuits, we made it pretty easy for him. I think some suggestions made by some are valid, he should be paid multiple visits at his shop, without violence, just visiting him and giving him a hard time is worth the trip. We should make calls to the FBI, attorney general, his landlord. Put posters on the telephone polls in front of his house, put ads in the local paper, set up a JohnPopadiuk.com website and let google searchers know what he did, he MUST be held accountable. If you need to be reminded what a smug pug he is, think about how he is still fishing for money for new victims with AIW. He thinks he should be left alone to go on with his normal life and not be bothered by us "investor suckers". He was NOT an innocent bystander with a good heart, he knew what he was doing, he was screwing us LONG after he knew he couldn't produce anything. To sit back and do nothing and let him slide makes me wonder if some of you deserved to be screwed. Personally I'm not ready to let him off the hook. Even if jumping into a lawsuit doesn't get you any money, it might get you closure to know he was punished, legally and financially. We still have no idea if he is really broke or if he hid money. Remember all the ways he misled us and lied repeatedly and don't let him get away with this......

#16758 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

On 16th July the case was up on Case Status and defendant’s motion to stay proceedings because they were “contemplating filing bankruptcy”.

isn't it:

On 16th July the case was up on Case Status and defendant’s motion to stay proceedings because they were “contemplating waiting for a millionaire to show up and write a big check”.

#16759 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I don't understand why some of the people who got screwed are so willing to accept it. The thought of John continuing to go to work each day playing arts and crafts and learning how to build pinball machines out of foam makes me sick. He is doing it with our money, wake up people, he is laughing at how easy it was to screw us and so far, other than beginning a few lawsuits, we made it pretty easy for him. I think some suggestions made by some are valid, he should be paid multiple visits at his shop, without violence, just visiting him and giving him a hard time is worth the trip. We should make calls to the FBI, attorney general, his landlord. Put posters on the telephone polls in front of his house, put ads in the local paper, set up a JohnPopadiuk.com website and let google searchers know what he did, he MUST be held accountable. If you need to be reminded what a smug pug he is, think about how he is still fishing for money for new victims with AIW. He thinks he should be left alone to go on with his normal life and not be bothered by us "investor suckers". He was NOT an innocent bystander with a good heart, he knew what he was doing, he was screwing us LONG after he knew he couldn't produce anything. To sit back and do nothing and let him slide makes me wonder if some of you deserved to be screwed. Personally I'm not ready to let him off the hook. Even if jumping into a lawsuit doesn't get you any money, it might get you closure to know he was punished, legally and financially. We still have no idea if he is really broke or if he hid money. Remember all the ways he misled us and lied repeatedly and don't let him get away with this......

Yeah, too bad Derek Smart wasn't in on any of Jpop's games!

For those who don't know, Derek Smart is the guy blowing the lid off of what may be the biggest video gaming and crowdfunding scandal in history (Star Citizen PC game). I read through his blogs last night and there are a lot of similarities with what Jpop has done, just at a much higher level (83 million dollars and almost 1 million backers).

#16760 8 years ago

Once the court battle gets heated up, and the resultant auctions, evictions, etc begin; this thread could hit 30,000.

#16761 8 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Yeah, too bad Derek Smart wasn't in on any of Jpop's games!
For those who don't know, Derek Smart is the guy blowing the lid off of what may be the biggest video gaming and crowdfunding scandal in history. I read through his blogs last night and there are a lot of similarities with what Jpop has done, just at a much higher level (83 million dollars and almost 1 million backers).

I read a few articles on that mess. It closely parallels some of the stories here. Again, don't pre-order. It's really that easy. Hand people money and there's zero guarantee you'll get what was promised or anything at all for that matter. One thing is sure, anyone who supports pre-pay ventures at this point should plan on losing their money as a possible outcome. Sometimes when you gamble you lose.

#16762 8 years ago

The other day I posted a repost of fantasy goats post which I believe was taken from the JJP forum (jacks comments on JPOP) note I did not take that post from JJP's forum and post it here, I simply reposted/quoted a post from fantasygoat on this thread from the day before.... below was a portion of the repost of fantasygoats post:

Quoted from jwilson:

Comments from Jersey Jack on this whole thing:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the letter from Jersey Jack for those that missed it:
JPOP Thoughts

My punishment from Jack for reposting a post that was already on this thread was that I was promptly kicked off of the JJP forum. My account and login are no longer valid as of the day of my above post (repost).
Hey jack I'm Not the one who pulled that info here from your site, I am (was) a customer of yours. I waited for a long time for my WOZ and then went thru issues with the game when I got it, but was always a strong supporter of you. To me you have shown your true colors by banning me from your site for a post that was made HERE and that I was simply reposting/quoting. I have cancelled my Hobbit order and won't be buying a game from you now or ever again! On a side note if you don't want poorly thought out posts you have made to be reposted elsewhere... then don't post poorly thought out stuff on the internet!
You sir have lost a good customer who believed in you enough to give you money years in advance for your games.

Below is a pic of the first and last JJP game I will ever buy!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16763 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

One thing is sure, anyone who supports pre-pay ventures at this point should plan on losing their money as a possible outcome. Sometimes when you gamble you lose.

Everyone knew the risk before. No one wanted to believe it could happen, especially with someone like JPOP. His name alone probably made people feel more secure. Doesn't mean people shouldn't try to get their money back, but it was a risk people were willing to take to assure themselves of getting one of his pins.

#16764 8 years ago

OK, I have to chime in here and, no, I have NOT read the entire 16k+ thread. Here is my take on this and please correct me if I mis-speak.
JPop promises to create/produce/ship a new pin.
JPop accepts money for said venture
JPop creates an "exclusive club" for potential buyers (NDA's, etc)
JPop emails this club periodic updates on what is happening
JPop has other irons in the fire and begins to neglect his original quest
JPop starts spending the original monies collected on future (vaporware) projects
Early adopters find this out & get worried
Shitstorm ensues
Threats of legal actions are thrown about
Shitstorm amps up a few levels
People start to realize that JPop might, just *might* have fraud perfected to a science

Alright, if all or most of the aforementioned are accurate, I have a few questions.
WHY has not ONE person who has been screwed attempted to visit him at his place of business??!? And NO, I do NOT mean "pay him a visit" with your Uncle Guido or whomever, I mean stop by, drop in and view his progress or lack thereof. Seriously, has anyone here done this? Now, I fully understand that there are geographic impediments to some (most?) but come on, he doesn't live on a remote walled-in island for Pete's sake!
Again, if I missed anything or mistook any facts , my apologies.
non sequitur, but for what it's worth, I don't think I'd ever buy ANYTHING that has an attachment to JPop. This includes his non-existing 'fantasy' pins or even his past accomplishments, TOM, TOTAL, etc. They feel tainted to me now.

#16765 8 years ago

not that I'm suggesting this, but one of the funniest scenes on the Sopranos

full scene

#16766 8 years ago

The other day I posted a repost of fantasy goats post which I believe was taken from the JJP forum (jacks comments on JPOP) note I did not take that post from JJP's forum and post it here I simply reposted/quoted a post from fantasygoat on this thread from the day before.... below was a portion of the repost of fantasygoats post:

My punishment from Jack for reposting a post that was already on this thread was that I was promptly kicked off of the JJP forum. My account and login are no longer valid as of the day of my above post (repost).
Hey jack I'm Not the one who pulled that info here from your site. I am (was) a customer of yours. I waited for a long time for my WOZ and then went thru issues with the game when I got it, but was always a strong supporter of you. To me you have shown your true colors by banning me from your site for a post that was made HERE and that I was simply reposting/quoting. I have cancelled my Hobbit order and won't be buying a game from you now or ever again! On a side note if you don't want poorly thought out posts you have made to be reposted elsewhere... then don't post poorly thought out stuff on the internet!
You sir have lost a good customer who believed in you enough to give you money years in advance for your games.
image.jpg

IMO Jack is skating on thin ice. His company is at stake with his endless delays and putting his foot in his mouth.

I've never bought a game from JJP and from the way he conducts himself, I may not ever.

#16767 8 years ago

Good for you to stick to your guns and vote with your wallet. I was pretty close to buying a Woz when it first came out and my wife got to play it at an arcade. She loved the theme, she loved the look of quality and the RGB lights. I was hesitant to spend $7500 on any machine, and seeing constant ball jams of the prototype at expo set me uneasy. Then I started seeing the one on location have bad reset issues (had to unplug the balloon pop bumper to keep it stable), I saw trees break on the pop bumpers, I heard stories of owners having issues with the rainbow light board, and I was convinced it simply wasn't worth the money if that was the sort of quality they were putting out.

#16768 8 years ago

Jack, you need to lighten up for the good of your company. From what I understand, fantasygoat's repost wasn't even a repost from the JJP forum, it was a repost from ANOTHER public pin forum, and reposted to pinside. Ie: it was on the INTERNET and was making the rounds. As soon as you pressed "send" it was out there.

So you're taking punitive action on a customer, that wasn't even responsible for posting it here in the first place (either here on pinside, or that other forum).

I said it before, Pinsiders are your customers, and zidware customers are also JJP customers. To have some sort of line drawn in the sand and attack those same people is silly and you are costing yourself business for no reason.

#16769 8 years ago

Wow...Jack's a vindictive jerkwad, if that's true (not surprising). He should be more careful because at the rate he's going at, it won't take long to bury himself.

#16770 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I'll give another summary - Jpop got spanked first time in court. Not only that he got upbraided by the court. He has made two HUGE legal errors right out of the gate that will cost him $$ no matter the outcome.

I'm curious as to the details of these errors - what exactly happened?

#16771 8 years ago

I love how John tried to use his stall tactic on a judge and failed. "Well, you know um, I might contemplate possibly by you know, filing for bankruptcy or something like that. I've been really busy, and, well, yeah. It's kind of like..."

#16772 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what I understand, fantasygoat's repost wasn't even a repost from the JJP forum, it was a repost from ANOTHER public pin forum, and reposted to pinside.

Yes, someone from JJP forums re-posted it minus any "do not repost" language or context so I just forwarded it on to Pinside when I saw it.

In retrospect it was a bad idea since it's essentially just gossip-mongering and didn't really advance anything but the drama. That said, if it wasn't me it would have been someone else, and Jack needs to understand that once something is viewable via the internet, it's basically public knowledge. I don't say that as a defense, just as a fact of life online - never write anything down you wouldn't want the world to see and judge.

The fact that he's banned an actual customer of JJP from the forums over it is needlessly vindictive and ill-advised. I think that word-of-mouth in this industry has a bigger effect than, say, the auto industry, because we're talking about selling a few thousand units as being a massive success, so even ten lost sales has a visible impact on the bottom line.

#16773 8 years ago

As if Jack hasn't got enough problems with his own company, he's managed to get himself associated with JPOP and this thread. I can't fathom why Jack still stands by his comments made regarding JPOP. To top it off, he's acting petty towards a customer who was in on both of his prepays? Really Jack? So glad I sold my Woz and didn't get in on TH preorder.

#16774 8 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

WHY has not ONE person who has been screwed attempted to visit him at his place of business??

People have.

But once you enter the building, you fall under the spell and become Jpooped.

No joke.

#16775 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People have.
But once you enter the building, you fall under the spell and become Jpooped.
No joke.

Still? In the "I can no longer build the games but Pintasia will so don't sue me oh wait Pintasia's gone but look I'm still building Alice!" Era?

#16777 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

youtube - don't go in the basement

But.. my pinballs are all down there

#16778 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

To top it off, he's acting petty towards a customer who was in on both of his prepays? Really Jack? So glad I sold my Woz and didn't get in on TH preorder.

NoSoup.jpgNoSoup.jpg

#16779 8 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

WHY has not ONE person who has been screwed attempted to visit him at his place of business??!? And NO, I do NOT mean "pay him a visit" with your Uncle Guido

My Uncle Guidio is a sweetheart and he wouldn't hurt anybody. He's a bit of a shut-in so he likes it when I take him for long car rides.

#16780 8 years ago

Hey jack I'm Not the one who pulled that info here from your site, I am (was) a customer of yours. I waited for a long time for my WOZ and then went thru issues with the game when I got it, but was always a strong supporter of you. To me you have shown your true colors by banning me from your site for a post that was made HERE and that I was simply reposting/quoting. I have cancelled my Hobbit order and won't be buying a game from you now or ever again! On a side note if you don't want poorly thought out posts you have made to be reposted elsewhere... then don't post poorly thought out stuff on the internet!

Holy crap!!!

Are you fucking kidding me??

This is absolutely preposterous! I mean seriously, WTF???

This is just great public relations. Screw one of your customers for quoting SOMETHING YOU SAID. Jesus!

WORST OWN ENEMY

#16781 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy crap!!!
Are you fucking kidding me??
This is absolutely preposterous! I mean seriously, WTF???
This is just great public relations. Screw one of your customers for quoting SOMETHING YOU SAID. Jesus!
WORST OWN ENEMY

I know they say Jack is a great businessman, I mean he probably is. But the theory is that it's far easier to keep your own loyal customers than to win over new customers. So, it eludes me why he even bothers posting this way (as Gary Stern doesn't do this). It's not like there is an unlimited pool of pinball geeks that are looking to spend $8K on a pin much less a series of multiple pins (which is what Jack should be looking for). So while I do look down on Stern in part (mostly code and cheapening the pins while raising prices, at least Gary doesn't bother antagonizing me, and I have bought 4 NIBs from Stern in the past 3 years).

Rick from PPS himself did antagonize me and so I'm not buying MMR, and Jack while he has not personally antagonized me, has by his shiftiness and his support of Jpop or blaming Pinside or blaming the people who lost money rather than blaming John and only John or keeping his trap shut like he should.

#16782 8 years ago

To tell someone "get the F out of my store" when they are $8k buyers is something else. Especially over something as trivial as quoting a previous public pinside post. We're not even talking about the person who "broke the TOS" reposting it originally.

Jack, you better get ahead of this, and probably make a few phone calls.

#16783 8 years ago

I put money on everything out there except JJP. They won't see a penny from me. And yes it's because of this typical behavior.

#16784 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know they say Jack is a great businessman.

He's a horrible businessman. Jack is a salesman. One that will tell you anything to get a sale.

#16785 8 years ago

The Smaug toy will be the most interactive toy ever in a pinball

#16786 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jack, you need to lighten up for the good of your company. From what I understand, fantasygoat's repost wasn't even a repost from the JJP forum, it was a repost from ANOTHER public pin forum, and reposted to pinside. Ie: it was on the INTERNET and was making the rounds. As soon as you pressed "send" it was out there.
So you're taking punitive action on a customer, that wasn't even responsible for posting it here in the first place (either here on pinside, or that other forum).
I said it before, Pinsiders are your customers, and zidware customers are also JJP customers. To have some sort of line drawn in the sand and attack those same people is silly and you are costing yourself business for no reason.

When did this become a JJP thread?

#16787 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

When did this become a JJP thread?

Who said it was?

Jack is the one who decided to open his mouth on the JPop fiasco. Fair game to discuss those comments here...in the JPop thread.

#16788 8 years ago

Jpop is the problem, no-one else. Laser focuses on Jpop and doesn't get distracted.

#16789 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like he is just mad at himself and decided to take it out on one of his customers.

Siding with JPop is baffling. Banning one of your own customers and largest supporters for years is mind blowing. Not sure what to say.

#16790 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seems like he is just mad at himself and decided to take it out on one of his customers.
Siding with JPop is baffling. Banning one of your own customers and largest supporters for years is mind blowing. Not sure what to say.

Agreed. It seems like he's coming unhinged a tad bit.

#16791 8 years ago

OT but what's the skinny on The Hobbit? Is it ever going to be released? I can't bring myself to read another multi thousand post thread.

#16792 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Link to FTC rules
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order
Important Text from the link
* What Does the Rule Cover? *
It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet.
It does not matter how the merchandise is advertised, how the customer pays, or who initiates the contact.
* What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule? *
The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."
If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.
* What You Must Do If You Learn You Cannot Ship on Time *
When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.
If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.
Some businesses adopt internal deadlines that are earlier than those set by the Rule to ensure that their delay notices give all customers a meaningful opportunity to consent to the delay. If businesses fail to ship or give delay notifications by their internal deadlines, they automatically cancel the orders and make refunds.
In any event, no notification to the customer can take longer than the time you originally promised or, if no time was promised, 30 days. If you cannot ship the order or provide the notice within this time, you must cancel the order and make a prompt refund.
* How Quickly You Must Make a Refund *
When you must make a Rule-required refund, the following applies:
If the customer paid by cash, check, money order, or by credit where a third party is the creditor, or by any other method except credit where you are a creditor, you must refund the correct amount within seven working days after the order is cancelled.
If the customer paid by credit where you are a creditor, you must credit the customter's account or notify the customer that the account will not be charged within one billing cycle after the order is cancelled.
* How Much You Must Refund *
If you cannot ship any of the merchandise ordered by the customer, you must refund the entire amount the customer "tendered," including any shipping, handling, insurance, or other costs. If you ship some, but not all, of the merchandise ordered, you must refund the difference between the total amount paid and the amount the customer would have paid, according to your ordering instructions, for the shipped items only.
For example, if you charge a flat fee for shipping and handling regardless of the total number or cost of the items ordered, you need not refund any shipping and handling charges if you ship some items. On the other hand, if your shipping and handling charges are indexed to the number of items or the dollar amount of the order, you can keep only those shipping and handling charges that are appropriate to the number or dollar amount of the items actually shipped.
*****************************************************************************************
* When making Rule-required refunds, you cannot substitute credit toward future purchases, credit vouchers, or scrip. *
*****************************************************************************************
When the order is paid for in whole or in part by proofs of purchase, coupons, or other promotional devices, you must provide "reasonable compensation" to the customer for the proofs of purchase plus any shipping, handling, or other charges the customer paid. (The circumstances of each promotion may affect what is deemed to be reasonable.)
* Why You Should Comply with the Rule *
Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $16,000 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.
Apart from this, your failure to ship on time, or your failure to notify your customers promptly about delays and to obtain their consent to the delays, or your failure to make full and prompt refunds when your customers do not consent to delayed shipment, can adversely affect your business by discouraging repeat purchases. Accordingly, most businesses regard compliance with the Rule as simply good business practice.

Cool - I have a long time friend who actually works at the ftc in consumer protection. I was just asking her about this tonight and its application to jpop and she agrees this is up that alley. She can't state that the ftc will pursue but she encouraged everyone to file a complaint. She also said if I give her a summary she will take it internally and hand it to the appropriate people.

If anyone has a cliff notes version readily handy.. I'll be happy to hand it on

#16793 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cool - I have a long time friend who actually works at the ftc in consumer protection. I was just asking her about this tonight and its application to jpop and she agrees this is up that alley. She can't state that the ftc will pursue but she encouraged everyone to file a complaint. She also said if I give her a summary she will take it internally and hand it to the appropriate people.
If anyone has a cliff notes version readily handy.. I'll be happy to hand it on

It would be interesting if the violations could be directly applied to Jpop as an individual, instead of targeting the company. I think it's pretty clear that Jpop intends to fold the company and dissolve any personal responsibilities. The scammer should be personally ruined by his neglect and outright dishonesty.

#16794 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Screw one of your customers for quoting SOMETHING YOU SAID.

In a recent JJP thread someone gave Jack the advice to simply "STFU" and build pinball machines. One should never underestimate the power of posting on the Internet to do harm to oneself.

On the bright side; I guess money must not be as tight as rumored if JJP can afford to offend the customer base and show loyal paying customers the door

#16795 8 years ago

image.jpg

WOW... looks just like my pic!

#16796 8 years ago

Maybe JG can offer a Hobbit to Concretehardt Gratis to make up for the piss-poor way things have been handled.

#16797 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes, someone from JJP forums re-posted it minus any "do not repost" language or context so I just forwarded it on to Pinside when I saw it.
In retrospect it was a bad idea since it's essentially just gossip-mongering and didn't really advance anything but the drama. That said, if it wasn't me it would have been someone else, and Jack needs to understand that once something is viewable via the internet, it's basically public knowledge. I don't say that as a defense, just as a fact of life online - never write anything down you wouldn't want the world to see and judge.
The fact that he's banned an actual customer of JJP from the forums over it is needlessly vindictive and ill-advised. I think that word-of-mouth in this industry has a bigger effect than, say, the auto industry, because we're talking about selling a few thousand units as being a massive success, so even ten lost sales has a visible impact on the bottom line.

Don't let it worry you, what happened says a lot more about Jersey Jack Pinball than it does about you.

#16798 8 years ago

Concretehardt, don't sweat it...there is NOTHING on those boards that isn't immediately posted here. True story.

#16799 8 years ago

JJP is so far off my radar in terms of my next purchase, its not even funny. Its totally unprofessional to bad mouth or even offer a biased opinion to anyone when you're trying to get sales from a product you make.

Do you ever get a good product from anyone that over sells themselves?

I am great, I am god, I am all knowing and others know nothing. Buy from me. Sound familiar?

#16800 8 years ago

It's like Jack thinks his fans should be solely loyal to his company. If that was the case his fans would have very lonely pinball collections.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/336 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.