(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 491.
#15801 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This thread is going down hill.

You mean since it was revealed that Zidware was a bust and no one would be getting their games or their money back? It's hard to imagine a lower point than that ...

#15802 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ignorance doesn't change the law... you can hide from it and wish it was different... but you're only fooling yourself...
The better informed people are.. the better chance they won't make mistakes again.

Are you an attorney?

#15803 8 years ago

My understanding on the prototype sales was that Jpop sold the initial 13 so fast that he had a bunch of people flashing money to get in on one. At the time there were four prototypes planned to be built, but not sold. The plan was hatched to sell one or more of those prototypes after the main production run was completed and Jpop was able to refurbish the prototypes and bring them up to the production specs.

Like I said, this is my understanding, but I severely doubt that anyone who purchased a prototype was expecting to be buying the incomplete mess that was at the show last week.

#15804 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

its just part of the sales pitch which is non-binding and could be changed as conditions dictated.

I didn't realize you were a lawyer and qualified to give legal advice here. I mean if you are going to be the judge I guess you can save us all a lot of time and money. Would you mind calling Zane Smith and explaining the futility of his legal case? Then all victims can turn to you here. I guess "lay down and take it" is at the top of your agenda? No consequences for anyone involved? There are a lot of conditions in that contract and since you are the expert on its contents you already know he promised to make them himself. But your advice, again, is lay down and take it, drop all legal action, oh and try to be nicer to john Popadiuk ?

#15805 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I didn't realize you were a lawyer and qualified to give legal advice here. I mean if you are going to be the judge I guess you can save us all a lot of time and money. Would you mind calling Zane Smith and explaining the futility of his legal case? Then all victims can turn to you here. I guess "lay down and take it" is at the top of your agenda? No consequences for anyone involved? There are a lot of conditions in that contract and since you are the expert on its contents you already know he promised to make them himself. But your advice, again, is lay down and take it, drop all legal action, oh and try to be nicer to john Popadiuk ?

It is undeniable that he offered refunds that he refused to honor. There are dozens of reasons people could successfully sue him, but that is one glaringly obvious one. All the people spouting about futility have no clue.

#15806 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you an attorney?

ARE YOU AN ATTORNEY?!!

Oh.

#15807 8 years ago

First session of pinball mock court is officially in session. I volunteer to be bailiff. Judge Heck presiding.

Jury pool is limited to jpops debtors. Those of you in the gallery, remember there is a two drink minimum.

#15808 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Would you mind calling Zane Smith and explaining the futility of his legal case?

Is Zane Smith the prosecutor or the plaintiffs' attorney? I don't think anyone's arguing that there's no civil case for breach of contract here. That should be a slam dunk, only question is whether there'll be any money left at the end to pay the winners. Criminal charges are a whole different matter -- the prosecutor would have to establish a tougher set of facts (likely including intent) beyond a reasonable doubt. Might still happen, especially if juicy evidence comes out during civil discovery or in the bankruptcy, but far from a sure thing.

#15809 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You mean since it was revealed that Zidware was a bust and no one would be getting their games or their money back? It's hard to imagine a lower point than that ...

I mean literally going down hill

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15810 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you an attorney?

Are you countering what I said?

If I recall - I'm not the one convicting people in this thread...

#15811 8 years ago

Where is the news from court today?

#15812 8 years ago

Looks like today's motion was withdrawn on the 12th.

#15813 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I didn't realize you were a lawyer and qualified to give legal advice here. I mean if you are going to be the judge I guess you can save us all a lot of time and money. Would you mind calling Zane Smith and explaining the futility of his legal case?

You can try to split hairs.. but its pointless without the whole thing on the table.. and since you aren't Zane Smith, I won't be dragged into your 'but there is stuff I can't say' drama. If his angle is 'he promised to build itself himself' and that's why it's fraud or something worse.. good luck with that. You're going to argue that the value and decision to buy the game hinged significantly on the fact John would be doing it personally, and not contracted out? I hope you win.. but I'd also call you a fool... because who wants a loofy goofball creative responsible for doing something highly process based like manufacturing with consistency and quality.

Quoted from rommy:

Then all victims can turn to you here. I guess "lay down and take it" is at the top of your agenda? No consequences for anyone involved? There are a lot of conditions in that contract and since you are the expert on its contents you already know he promised to make them himself. But your advice, again, is lay down and take it, drop all legal action, oh and try to be nicer to john Popadiuk ?

No, but thanks for continuing to try to attack anyone who has nerve to try to say anything that doesn't fuel the flaming pitchfork crew into more of a frenzy. Yes, anyone who sticks to reality is on Jpop's team in your mind...

The best thing that can happen out of the civil actions is uncovering potential impropriety stuff that could further expose jpop's liability. But claims like "he spent my RAZA money on MG" or "he took orders knowing he wasn't going to build it himself" aren't going to go very far.

#15814 8 years ago

Motion withdrawn?

So, what does that mean?

#15815 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The best thing that can happen out of the civil actions is uncovering potential impropriety stuff that could further expose jpop's liability. But claims like "he spent my RAZA money on MG" or "he took orders knowing he wasn't going to build it himself" aren't going to go very far.

You are not going to stop anybody from litigating, why are you arguing?

#15816 8 years ago

It has been mentioned that Zane was going to move to add more Plaintiffs. He may have delayed or withdrawn the pending motion to file a new motion with even more Plaintiffs. Doesn't mean the case has been withdrawn.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15817 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You are not going to stop anybody from litigating, why are you arguing?

I can't convince people the world is round either... doesn't mean if they post in a discussion forum the world is flat I don't have the equal opportunity to say otherwise.

Maybe you could start a list of criminal activities Jpop has committed on an anonymous posting site and link it here to keep things fueled?

#15818 8 years ago

Wonder which side brought the motion to strike?

#15819 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I can't convince people the world is round either... doesn't mean if they post in a discussion forum the world is flat I don't have the equal opportunity to say otherwise.
Maybe you could start a list of criminal activities Jpop has committed on an anonymous posting site and link it here to keep things fueled?

You do not advance your point, and this is already a 16k post thread, people have asked you to take a break from this argument. I'm just asking why you have to convince this one person so badly that JPop is innocent of any criminal wrongdoing when every person reading knows you have no clue about that. For a fact.

#15820 8 years ago

Who cares if he wants to argue? Stop arguing with him and he'll stop, it takes two sides.

It's not like this thread is useful for anything else now.

I doubt John will face criminal charges too, I just don't see it. I just don't care enough to keep beating the drum on it. It's just a forum discussion, it won't change shit. I'll just see what the lawyers do.

#15821 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you countering what I said?
If I recall - I'm not the one convicting people in this thread...

I'm countering all of your cocky holier than thou attitude posts, and your attempts to school people on the law.

Many of your posts come across as telling owners that they just need to suck it up and that it's their own fault for buying a game from JPop. Frankly, nobody wants or needs to hear it.

#15822 8 years ago

he is also very wrong about the other case he was talking about.

#15824 8 years ago

Being wrong is something flynnibus probably has a lot of experience in. He seems to be really good at it. I dunno...

#15825 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Being wrong is something flynnibus probably has a lot of experience in. He seems to be really good at it. I dunno...

qft

#15826 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15827 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For the same kind of reasons Kevin could argue "negotiations are still ongoing"

Funny...I received an email from Kevin stating "As the project is forced to prematurely close"

#15828 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Is it possible to have someone who is intently following this thread make a new thread when something actually comes of this whole mess?

That is possible.

#15829 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

John said he was going to build these games himself. He even said he would come to your house to complete assembly. He promised to make these himself and we relied an that promise when we gave him money . It was a lie. He never intended to build these himself. He represented that he would build these himself and on that basis victims gave him money.
In addition I paid for RAZA , not for MG to be developed and built. The math now shows he never intended to build MG with MG money but that he had to divert funds from victims, in an Ongoing fashion, in order to keep,the lights on. He intended only to keep going. He never intended to build a machine. That means he lied and sold that lie to convince victims to give him money .

While all this is *likely* true, unless you have a smoking gun, or rather, many smoking guns (emails, witnesses, conversations, movement of money to safe havens, etc) this is virtually impossible to prove. The math alone doesn't prove it.

Remember: Criminal = "beyond reasonable doubt".

You may not like what flynnibus is saying but he's right.

#15830 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What's a noone? Is that pronounced noon-E and is that like a nooner? I like those.

Jobbie Nooner?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobbie_Nooner

#15831 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Not terrible advice, but if everyone followed it we'd be singing "God Save the Queen" before every baseball game.

Post of the week!

#15832 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you an attorney?

dog.jpgdog.jpg

#15833 8 years ago

I laugh and cry at the reality of just about everyone here (self included) relating to this comic.

Can we get Bull as our Bailiff?

image.jpgimage.jpg

If you know who this is, then congratulations you are over 35.

#15834 8 years ago

Admit it! You stole that from me.

Actually...you stole it from my wife!

#15835 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is a poor comparison and worth note that we are not done with Kevin. Criminal charges are still likely but Midland MI is a much different place than the upper middle class neighborhoods of chitown suburbs.

I work in Midland, MI and live nearby ... can you explain this comment?

#15836 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm just asking why you have to convince this one person so badly that JPop is innocent of any criminal wrongdoing when every person reading knows you have no clue about that. For a fact.

1) I've never said JPop is innocent of any wrong doing - I've just corrected specific accusations
2) I'm not correcting 'one person' - this has been many different topics with different people

Common thread? You generalizing and missing the actual important distinctions. Kind of like most of the stuff I've been debunking here... people getting wound up and missing the important distinctions that actually MATTER to the relevancy of the matter.

You and a handful of others don't like that your repeated attempts to come up with something, are mostly just hail marys that won't hold up. The common thing is you see me debunking them and you lump it all together as 'defending jpop'. It's not defending jpop.. its actually simply debunking BS to keep things from swirling into some demented fantasy.

Some just don't like that reality trumps their emotions. Instead of spending so much energy on emotional charges... people should be focusing on aspects that would be fruitful in getting restitution or taking jpop down.

Or we can just wall this place off and let the lunitics run around screaming their heads off until they tire out. Because that's what it seems most people want... don't rain on my parade with your truths!

#15837 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Funny...I received an email from Kevin stating "As the project is forced to prematurely close"

Funny... one is also allowed to change their mind if points of no return are not crossed. And he did go on record in the court with a defense of ongoing negotiations and arguing they are still trying to make the project work. Of course I personally think he's delusional and there is absolute zero chance of that.. but he can argue (and has) he's still trying to salvage it. Plushe doesn't have people forcing him into insolvency either as of yet. So.. in theory he can still be trying. It's the legal truth, doesn't mean we have to like it.

#15838 8 years ago
Quoted from jhagen:

I work in Midland, MI and live nearby ... can you explain this comment?

what needs to be explained?

They are completely different places and things are very different just based on that alone. Most notably a town of 50k where everyone knows everyone (I grew up in a very similar sized town and have a clear understanding of how it all works) is very different to the PO team one would be dealing with on this Jpop matter. In Jpops case home jurisdiction likes provides very little help to him as I am guessing the local PO do not even know his name prior to this incident.

#15839 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm countering all of your cocky holier than thou attitude posts, and your attempts to school people on the law.

So that would be a 'no'. If I'm wrong on something, please chime in and correct me so we all move forward.

Quoted from RobT:

Many of your posts come across as telling owners that they just need to suck it up and that it's their own fault for buying a game from JPop

Again.. things I didn't say. But I do find the irony so hysterical that people want to scrutinize me so much yet they (en large) wouldn't do the same before cutting checks for many thousands of dollars.. many times... can't do simple things like lookup a company in Illinois, or even read the contract they still have... but hey, let's shout down flynnibus because he's forcing us to face what we don't want to.

Personally I do want to see the likes of jpop and similar face the music for their choices. But I also live in the reality that simply buyer angst isn't enough to cause that to happen, nor is it *likely* that people will get a majority of their funds back.. no matter what the outcome.

Just go back a few weeks ago and people were like "I'd never accept 75% back.." - I just had to laugh... 75% would be gift in most outcomes and yet people are still holding out like 100% or nothing!!! Sometimes people just don't want to face the truth.

#15840 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You and a handful of others don't like that your repeated attempts to come up with something, are mostly just hail marys that won't hold up.

Tread carefully there, Bucko. The Hail Mary™ is officially governed by the "license agreement".

#15841 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again.. things I didn't say. But I do find the irony so hysterical that people want to scrutinize me so much yet they (en large) wouldn't do the same before cutting checks for many thousands of dollars.. many times... can't do simple things like lookup a company in Illinois, or even read the contract they still have... but hey, let's shout down flynnibus because he's forcing us to face what we don't want to.

You just don't know when to quit, do you?!

You accuse me of saying you said things you didn't say (regarding it being all the buyers fault for buying a game from JPop), and then you immediately follow that up by..... going on to talk about how it's the buyers fault for buying a game from JPop!

We really aren't scrutinizing you. That's the wrong word. I think people just want you to shut up.

#15842 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Many of your posts come across as telling owners that they just need to suck it up and that it's their own fault for buying a game from JPop. Frankly, nobody wants or needs to hear it.

Get the skin grafts ready - someone just got burned!!!!

#15843 8 years ago

All i can say is...

John Popapuke !

Needs to go to jail !!!

#15844 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You just don't know when to quit, do you?!
You accuse me of saying you said things you didn't say (regarding it being all the buyers fault for buying a game from JPop), and then you immediately follow that up by..... going on to talk about how it's the buyers fault for buying a game from JPop!

Yes Mr Esquire... because there is a difference between saying something, and agreeing with something similar at a later date. Hey, I didn't even need law school to work through that. What's your excuse then?

Was there a sign on the door that says this is the pitty club only? I must have missed it.

#15845 8 years ago

RobT whats your opinion on the outcome of this suit? Given the info you have, which is what everyone here is basing their own opinions on, I would like to hear yours.

#15846 8 years ago

Thank you sir!

#15847 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) The common thing is you see me debunking

Well it appears that you have yourself convinced.
I think the problem for many here is that you are a huge fan of your own oppinions (and you tend to repeat them a lot)... Kind of reminds me of this scene from planes trains and automobiles

#15848 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

RobT whats your opinion on the outcome of this suit? Given the info you have, which is what everyone here is basing their own opinions on, I would like to hear yours.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as the hearing yesterday was solely to add more plaintiffs to the complaint, it's too early to comment on an outcome, because there isn't one yet. That said, I confess to not reading this thread consistently any more, so may have missed a needle hidden in the haystack that is this thread.

#15849 8 years ago

I clicked "ignore flynnibus" and the little fire icon went away on this thread, what's that about?

#15850 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as the hearing yesterday was solely to add more plaintiffs to the complaint, it's too early to comment on an outcome, because there isn't one yet. That said, I confess to not reading this thread consistently any more, so may have missed a needle hidden in the haystack that is this thread.

He's asking robt what he thinks the outcome WILL be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/317 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.