(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 491.
#15701 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Q: What's the quickest way to become a Millionaire?
A: Start with an 8-figure net worth, and invest in a pinball company.

Reminds me of Steve Martin's bit.

"You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes? First.. get a million dollars."

#15702 8 years ago

I follow this thread some as it's become a hot topic. I had a little to do with getting the proto to the show. I also had no money down on any of the games. I only have ever posted in regards to my part i played with that proto.
It is bad people are loosing money and I feel for you. I also think that those that have not
Lost money in this adventure should stay out of it because it's just In bad taste.
Slandering people that tried to help with this project in a forum is not cool. They did nothing but try to help, they took nobody's money. Digging up someone's past isn't cool and has nothing to do with what they tried to do.
It's generally good practice to not mess with people that have more money than you do.

#15703 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's my opinion that WOOLY is impossible to make/sell with the current design.
$8k is just really expensive. Spooky is proving that there's a way to build limited and cool pins for $6k (AMH maybe doesn't have the art polish, but Rob Zombie will, and licensed music to boot).
There are some games that are that much, but they have some extra things going on. WOZ and Hobbit have full RGB lighting systems, full color LCD screens with high quality animation, lots of licensed sounds and original music, etc.
TBL has the same kind of stuff, with a cool wide screen full color display. 26 songs, etc.
WOOLY has the old LED DMD.

Technology Hasn't stopped people from throwing money at companies for games sight unseen (RZ, whatever Stern is next..). I mean, when people send money before they know anything about the game... I doubt what generation the technology is used is that much of a factor

#15704 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm not in to JPop for any money, I don't need to "feel better". You do realize down votes means folks don't agree with you. You also should read and follow the many requests to not repeat yourself, again, one more time, repeatedly. Pushing the "ignore" button felt really good.

Wait... so you quote me and talk to me.. and then act like I should not reply? uhh.. no

and who gives a f about up/down votes... even seeing them means going backwards to find them.. ego much?

Repeat myself? I didn't set the topic when you posted TO ME. Use the ignore... it matches your head in the sand t-shirt. People can't handle basic truths and would rather hide from them. Sucks to be you.

#15705 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Well they never even got to the point of asking for additional deposit money, so it's kind of a moot point. Bill could have easily removed her and replaced her if they had decided to move forward with the project, and in my opinion most likely would have, but with the game evaluation going as poorly as it did, there was no need to bother with that or even address people's concerns about it.

True that it's all water under the bridge at this point. I was just responding to Tigerlaw's post implying it was not a problem to begin with. That relationship would have been a boat anchor through the whole thing even if the reveal had gone better.

And as another pointed out, I think people are forgetting the initial ludicrous "new deal" with the non-litigation clause and "new math" of converting RAZA dollars to Magic Girl junk bonds.

Point being, thanks to Bill the game at least got seen but don't rush to elevate him to sainthood.

#15706 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

It's generally good practice to not mess with people that have more money than you do.

Quoted for absolute utter absurdity.

#15707 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

Quoted for absolute utter absurdity.

I like to illustrate absurdity by being absurd

#15708 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Digging up someone's past isn't cool and has nothing to do with what they tried to do.

In my experience, someone's past deeds are strongly indicative of their future actions.

#15709 8 years ago

Anybody going to court tomorrow to watch?
I would if I was closer

#15710 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Actually, some of us took the 20 minutes out of our day it took to become privy to all the details of exactly what type of legal issues his staff member was/is involved in. If you choose to remain ignorant of the facts, you can't claim that everybody else is ignorant too simply because you didn't take the time to verify.

How did you verify it? Read something on the Internet?

I don't disagree with what some people say about this person but I don't convict people in the court of popular opinion either. Media is often flawed and self serving. We also live in an era of prosecutorial discretion where legal results are not always dispositive of the truth either.

Anyway, it is good you took the time to do what you viewed as satisfactory due diligence to formulate an opinion. In my view (just my personal opinion) 20 minutes of online research is not enough to base an opinion on someone by and there are always two sides to a story. Also, Bill stated this person would have had a limited role to play in the project so I'm not sure why her association would cloud Bill's good name and reputation in a future project.

Obviously I don't disagree that the original deal offered by Bill was not very good (in fact, it was terrible), but neither was the situation and it was all exploratory anyway...JPop lied to everyone (Bill included) and the entire thing was a total non-starter other than all of us got to see what a buffoon JPop really was and the myth of 95% completion was blasted to smithereens.

#15711 8 years ago

Bill,

John did not lie to you. You run a successful business and have to realize that 95% rule.

95% planning and 5 % implementation. John had just finished the planning phase.

I guess John just needs to find another investor to get this game a bit closer to being finished. If he finds 4-5 more investors, maybe the game gets finished. He may only need another $100k to get it done.

#15712 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In my view (just my personal opinion) 20 minutes of online research is not enough to base an opinion on someone by and there are always two sides to a story. Also, Bill stated this person would have had a limited role to play in the project so I'm not sure why her association would cloud Bill's good name and reputation in a future project.

You can't say, "Here's my all star team who are gonna fix this mess. Go Voltron force!" and then turn around and say, "Well, you know, she didn't have much to do with it and wouldn't have affected the outcome anyway..."

She's the finance person. She handles the money. Look how Kevin and Jpop screwed the pooch on that. I would say her role would have been important. You need a BOM. You need to pay suppliers on time. You need to manage cash outflows so you don't jpop your way to the poor house. Oh, and a nice cherry on top is you have to resist that nagging urge to, you know, just outright STEAL the money the way every ponzi and HYIP scheme has done in the course of human history.

Yes, there are two sides to every story. And when one party goes quiet when it's their turn at story time, they just told you their side.

#15713 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

You can't say, "Here's my all star team who are gonna fix this mess. Go Voltron force!" and then turn around and say, "Well, you know, she didn't have much to do with it and wouldn't have affected the outcome anyway..." She's the finance person. She handles the money. Look how Kevin and Jpop screwed the pooch on that. I would say her role would have been important.
Yes, there are two sides to every story. And when one party goes quiet when it's their turn at story time, they just told you their side.

That's actually a very fair thing to say. Good point. Thumbs up.

#15714 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In my experience, someone's past deeds are strongly indicative of their future actions.

I second that.

So - I have no desire to read 300+ pages to figure this out - can anyone please tell me in no more than 5 words per line and 5 lines total what this thread is about?

Thanks!

#15715 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I second that.
So - I have no desire to read 300+ pages to figure this out - can anyone please tell me in no more than 5 words per line and 5 lines total what this thread is about?
Thanks!

I could.

#15716 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

You can't say, "Here's my all star team who are gonna fix this mess. Go Voltron force!" and then turn around and say, "Well, you know, she didn't have much to do with it and wouldn't have affected the outcome anyway..."
She's the finance person. She handles the money. Look how Kevin and Jpop screwed the pooch on that. I would say her role would have been important. You need a BOM. You need to pay suppliers on time. You need to manage cash outflows so you don't jpop your way to the poor house. Oh, and a nice cherry on top is you have to resist that nagging urge to, you know, just outright STEAL the money the way every ponzi and HYIP scheme has done in the course of human history.

The other party is and was no longer involved and did not come to the NW show. That's the reason you hear nothing. Ask the suppliers if they were paid in full and on time and who paid them. there's some research that would have a real factual basis. There was no money ever asked from anyone at any time. The profits from an unlimited run of competitively priced Magic Girls was to go to help the people who got stung by Jpop. After that profits would be split between the manufacturer and Pintasia, simple as that. However when the machine was not even close to the estimated percentage of completion I decided there was no way it was getting done. My alternative would be just to wait for bankruptcy, which is inevitable, and buy it for a song leaving everyone who lost their money, including myself, out in the cold. I am not asking to be praised in fact it was stupid to believe what I was told when all the signs of "hiding" were there from jpop, but at least a few good things came of this and that's all we should be happy about. Zombie yetti will get a design on a machine one day soon and he was outed and given the respect and credit he deserves. Manufacturers were outed and now being asked to do things for existing companies. Also I met many amazing people who surrounded me and gave 110% out of their time and energy to at least get it flipping and too the show. I thank you all and yes I will one day get involved somewhere down the line in Pinball because it's my hobby and I love it. I don't blame anyone for being cautious after what came out, as I myself was, and asked the person to step down. I take full responsibility for that screw up.

#15717 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you need a better comparison...
If you are in the business of serving alcohol and you hire the alcoholic I would question your judgement and be effect would steer clear of future business dealing with you, that is for sure.
It appears there were all sorts of shady things going on even post pintasia involvement. Let's not forget so quickly that they were trying to get everyone to sign away all legal rights on one of the most lopsided contracts even seen in the pinball world. None of it passed the smell test and that alone is reaosn for any other start up to steer clear even if an angel comes along.

I do not object to whatever that team decides to do, but would tell them they should be more than careful in this situation. IF they were ever approached, I have a feeling it would not work out the best based on this recent past history of Pintasia.

First- Just about every bar you or I have ever been in is owned by someone who employs alcoholics, at least every good bar I have been to. There are over a few dozen in a mile radius of my house....Should I move?

I'm out of breath....(cracks a cold one

#15718 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I would love to see JPop go on Sharktank and have them give him a deal! Then we'd see what suckers really are!!!

Jpop wouldn't get past the application part of the audition. It is 20 pages of info that he has no clue about nor could he answer. They do a thorough check on you and your business.

#15719 8 years ago

Nobody's really talked about the game itself. Besides very few mechs working, was the layout OK or would have it required drastic overhauls at which point you'd be basically making a new game?

I find this all fascinating, in a "oh my god I'm so glad I got off the Titanic before she left England" sort of way.

#15720 8 years ago

I would say it had to be tweaked although it was not far along enough to really understand what he was trying to do especially in the middle upper section.

#15721 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Besides very few mechs working, was the layout OK or would have it required drastic overhauls at which point you'd be basically making a new game?

I heard a story that one of the volunteers, during the marathon session to get the game playing, asked John what was supposed to happen when a ball went in a specific spot. John's answer was to shrug and say "Not sure, it's MAGIC!". Like, he actually said that.

I'd guess it plays like crap based on that.

#15722 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nobody's really talked about the game itself. Besides very few mechs working, was the layout OK or would have it required drastic overhauls at which point you'd be basically making a new game?
I find this all fascinating, in a "oh my god I'm so glad I got off the Titanic before she left England" sort of way.

If this is the Titanic and Skit-B was the SS Minnow, are you on the Love Boat or what?

#15723 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Look at Jack you STUPID FUCK! you did nothing! NOTHING!?
ASSHOLE FUCKFACE POPADIUK! (see you in 24 hours bey pinside!)

And I got 'timeout' for calling him Popadick...

#15724 8 years ago

Could everyone please post your net worth so I know if I'm allowed to mess with you?

#15725 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I would if I was closer

#15726 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I would if I was closer

Someone should live-stream that shit! Periscope iPhone app XD

#15727 8 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Someone should live-stream that shit! Periscope iPhone app XD

JARED! GET OVER THERE!

#15728 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Could everyone please post your net worth so I know if I'm allowed to mess with you?

With the recent depreciation of the NZ dollar against the U.S. Dollar, my net worth has fallen to approximately $12.50 U.S.

Bummer.

rd.

#15729 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure it's more than Jpops after this is all done.

#15730 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The other party is and was no longer involved and did not come to the NW show. That's the reason you hear nothing. Ask the suppliers if they were paid in full and on time and who paid them. there's some research that would have a real factual basis. There was no money ever asked from anyone at any time. The profits from an unlimited run of competitively priced Magic Girls was to go to help the people who got stung by Jpop. After that profits would be split between the manufacturer and Pintasia, simple as that. However when the machine was not even close to the estimated percentage of completion I decided there was no way it was getting done. My alternative would be just to wait for bankruptcy, which is inevitable, and buy it for a song leaving everyone who lost their money, including myself, out in the cold. I am not asking to be praised in fact it was stupid to believe what I was told when all the signs of "hiding" were there from jpop, but at least a few good things came of this and that's all we should be happy about. Zombie yetti will get a design on a machine one day soon and he was outed and given the respect and credit he deserves. Manufacturers were outed and now being asked to do things for existing companies. Also I met many amazing people who surrounded me and gave 110% out of their time and energy to at least get it flipping and too the show. I thank you all and yes I will one day get involved somewhere down the line in Pinball because it's my hobby and I love it. I don't blame anyone for being cautious after what came out, as I myself was, and asked the person to step down. I take full responsibility for that screw up.

Not sure what else to say but that seems like a smart move and a class act not to try to say more. It is nice to know that this issue was "handled" though. Have that as a ? honestly was a conundrum.

#15731 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're not allowed to mess with me every other Friday, in between the time my paycheck is deposited and my mortgage payment comes out. Otherwise I am fair game

#15732 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I I also think that those that have not
Lost money in this adventure should stay out of it because it's just In bad taste.

Expect a bunch of thumbs down by those that didn't preorder lol

#15733 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I would if I was closer

I think you'd be surprised by just how damn boring it would be. It's a procedural hearing, not a trial.

It is very unlikely that JPop himself will appear.

#15734 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Expect a bunch of thumbs down by those that didn't preorder lol

#15735 8 years ago

Prove it!

#15736 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

-$23,000.00

#15737 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is very unlikely that JPop himself will appear.

Of course not. He'll be busy in his shop making magic!

#15738 8 years ago

Who's Papa?? More important is he a good father to those ducks?

#15739 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

can anyone please tell me in no more than 5 words per line and 5 lines total what this thread is about

There once was a man near Chicago
Who tried to wish pinball with your dough
He fiddled, he farted,
He mostly defrauded...
Preorders are now a big no-no

#15740 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Rai its no ones fault but my own, however this was gonna go on and on until we saw the books and what state the machines were really in. Now its fair game and people won't hesitate to do what they have to do because we all know exactly what he was doing for 4 years.........

Was his wife drawing a salary too? She is listed as a company officer.

I still do not understand why people are worrying about a civil case. What JPop did was clearly criminal. It'll take years for any civil justice, but a criminal investigation could motivate him to give money back to buyers or else face jail time.

#15741 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

However when the machine was not even close to the estimated percentage of completion I decided there was no way it was getting done.

With all due respect Bill, thanks for helping and trying, but even if the prototype was 100% done, there was never much of a chance the game would be manufactured. That still requires a huge amount of money that nobody in their right mind was going to cough up. The project was doomed from the start. It was great what you did, but it shouldn't have been a surprise that this project was DOA from the moment you looked at JPop's books.

#15742 8 years ago

If what Kevin did wasn't criminal, no way John's actions were.

The King Solomon reference about "splitting the prototype" isn't entirely appropriate. Unlike a baby, it could be auctioned off into cash, and those dollars divided by number of buyers.

#15743 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sly Old Devil already posted mine on the previous page

#15744 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If what Kevin did wasn't criminal

According to the 'crack' detective team they have in Midland...

Midland PD.jpgMidland PD.jpg

Literally, made out to look like the chumps they are by a small-fry sociopath *allegedly*

#15745 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I second that.
Thanks!

Don't prepay for pinball.

#15746 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Buy used.

#15747 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The King Solomon reference about "splitting the prototype" isn't entirely appropriate. Unlike a baby, it could be auctioned off into cash, and those dollars divided by number of buyers.

One of the owners had the foresight to specifically purchase the prototype. He has a bill of sale for the prototype game and a receipt for payment in full.

In my opinion that game belongs to him and not John. I would like to see the game go to its rightful owner and not on the auction block or disappear into some collectors basement.

#15748 8 years ago

JustStopAlready.jpgJustStopAlready.jpg

#15749 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Doesn't that happen in divorce a lot? Judge orders the house sold and proceeds split, etc...

#15750 8 years ago

Yawn... Lots of bark and no bite happening here. John still lives free. Had I fallen prey to him, things would be very different for him. This thread is becoming boring and nauseating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/315 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.