(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 491.
#13251 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

It was chosen (I was told) because it was far away from the kids zone and could be easily pulled off the floor if drama develops. Makes me wonder what others know that I don't?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

With all the threats, lawsuits, and posts - don't you think Bill has a right to be cautious? Some of the comments here have been pretty wild and I would have my guard up as well as a plan B (escape route). From setting it on fire to throwing pinballs at the cabinet - are people serious or joking?

#13252 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

like he is taking a dump on the game

#13255 8 years ago

You guys can bitch and cry about the incomplete game, but, honestly, I'm just glad to see **something**.

#13256 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

With all the threats, lawsuits, and posts - don't you think Bill has a right to be cautious? Some of the comments here have been pretty wild and I would have my guard up as well as a plan B (escape route). From setting it on fire to throwing pinballs at the cabinet - are people serious or joking?

Haha... come on, despite all the internet tough guys on pinside, even if JPop himself showed up the worst he would get is some overly polite complaining. Nobody is going to vandalize the game or cause Bill and his company any trouble.

#13257 8 years ago

Someone could eat a bag of Skittles and vomit on the game in protest - thing is we'd never know it'd happened.

#13258 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Haha... come on, despite all the internet tough guys on pinside, even if JPop himself showed up the worst he would get is some overly polite complaining. Nobody is going to vandalize the game or cause Bill and his company any trouble.

I would not be too sure about that. The game is supposedly just borrowed from Jpop. I know if I was in attendance and he had stolen 20k from me that he would be getting more than "polite complaining". I would make sure the guy was completely humiliated and unable to stay at the show.

#13259 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would not be too sure about that. The game is supposedly just borrowed from Jpop. I know if I was in attendance and he had stolen 20k from me that he would be getting more than "polite complaining". I would make sure the guy was completely humiliated and unable to stay at the show.

I've got the perfect interviewer lined up. Guaranteed to deliver plenty of humiliation.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#13260 8 years ago

Bill should not worry at the NW, everybody is supertough behind the computer,but in person they're all wallflowers.

Watch out for the wives though...they can go medieval on your ass Bill,they lost shopping money..(see what i did right there?LOL...medieval?...madness?......?..........okay.... lame...sorry about that...i just thought......okay...............moving on...........................)

#13261 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Bottom fifth is at least partially blocked. That pic also does not appear to be from the player's point of view unless they're seven feet tall and leaned way over the playfield..
Thanks for the pic though. Nice to finally see something of the game.

MG will be the perfect game for Todd MacCulloch...

#13262 8 years ago

I'm sure he'll be there, he can let us know how the animations look.

#13263 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Tell me the owl is a joke. Looks like a happy meal toy glued down.
No offense to the guys that burned the midnight oil to get it to this stage but wow. That game looks sooo incomplete. Not off to a good start imo.

Well since I spent 24 hours Mon and Tues - yeah, it is kind of offensive.

#13264 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My anger is at John, although PDX has been part of John's charade by telling us over and over again John had more than we've seen and about playing a "near complete" game 7 months ago.
There is no more hiding the state of it. We're seeing today the best that can be done with it, 7 months after being told "near complete" and a final 2-week push getting ramps made and putting it together.
Here's a nice little flashback posted by John October 23, 2014:

Frolic - are you at least going to the NW show to see it in person? It looks pretty good from the "putting it together" perspective as I helped PDX monkey and John until 2am Wed. You guys need to focus on the present, and ignore all the speculation and bull crap comments - see the game and say whether you are in or out.

#13265 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Hey Dgarrett, thanks for your efforts helping to get the game together.
I hope MG blows everybody away.

#13266 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

He might get a wedgie from me... Mods if pulling a mans super band waist band over his head is a violation of Pinside rules please forgive me.

Wedgie.jpgWedgie.jpg

#13267 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Someone could eat a bag of Skittles and vomit on the game in protest - thing is we'd never know it'd happened.

You know man I've been following this thread for a while, you started posting and had respect for you, but as of late that respect has slowly disappeared. People have big cash on the line here, and its a shame that a man of your status continues to trash the efforts of great people trying to make this project actually work.

You've campaigned very well in the last year to disassociate yourself from the project, and that's great for you! but please let these fellows to their thing man and who knows in the short future you may consider using your great talent to help the project reach the finish line and contribute to making "people whole"

#13268 8 years ago

Shameless plug here guys, but somewhat on topic. I know there's a lot of interest in what's happening at the NW show this year. I am broadcasting all of our seminars live on Twitch.TV. I can't say for sure when, or if, the game will be unveiled publicly but here's the stream link. I'm trying to make something happen. Bill, if you read this can you stop by the seminar room and chat.
http://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow

#13269 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Offensive, lmao. I acknowledged the efforts of the volunteers. I will reiterate it again. What the volunteers have done is commendable. Having said that, there are lots of eyes on this project. By design in fact. Many of those eyes belonging to potential buyers. If you think just because a handful of guys worked hard to get the game presentable buys a game being peddled for $16k a break; you're sorely mistaken.

So what? We should lie and say it looks great? Gotcha.

#13270 8 years ago

I anxious to see pics and vids from the show. I've never seen a $16,000 pinball machine before.

#13271 8 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey Dgarrett, thanks for your efforts helping to get the game together.
I hope MG blows everybody away.

Thanks. I'll show two pics from Tuesday afternoon. Not sure why, they'll just be more flames, assumptions and wrong guesses about what's missing or what isn't missing - but here goes. The while blocks in the back with the arrows, were temp spacer guides for the monitor brackets before we put them back in, there were some zip ties being added to the wires behind the monitor, those right side wires won't show - this is not the final pic before loading. We hadn't reinstalled the right back plastic next to the monitor. Yes, the prototype schematics are in the upper left part of the pic - we used full size, full color documentation that was complete for lamps, flashers, switches and coils to double-check connections, wire colors, etc. Nothing is final, final until production. For example, we didn't have the final right-sized motor for the lion saw, rather than put on a temp placeholder, we left it off.
I can answer a few questions, but I'm just a minion, and its not my product - I'm not an owner and didn't ask for pay - its just to give it a chance to be judged, good or bad, and for Bill/Pintasia to have a shot at showing a close-to-final game.
Notice: If Bill wants the pics taken down - I'll do so.
IMG_7314.jpgIMG_7314.jpgIMG_7321.jpgIMG_7321.jpg

#13272 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Frolic - are you at least going to the NW show to see it in person? It looks pretty good from the "putting it together" perspective as I helped PDX monkey and John until 2am Wed. You guys need to focus on the present, and ignore all the speculation and bull crap comments - see the game and say whether you are in or out.

Hold on, hold on... hold the F**K on. This project has run as a ponzi scheme for the past 4 years. It has been taken over by a person with NO pinball manufacturing experience that put a career ponzi scheme professional as their finance manager. WHAT do you want people to decide whether they are IN or OUT OF? You are so blinded by the small amount of work you helped out with on this project you can't see what the hell is happening here.

Focus on the present? That's the dumbest, most gullible thing anybody can do. Focus on the past and what it means for the future. Make smart decisions. Don't focus on the present, that is how people burn you. Over. And over. And over.

#13273 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, that's AceJedi. Good guy.

Monkey is on the right, and a heck of a nice guy.

#13274 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Thanks. I'll show two pics from Tuesday afternoon. Not sure why, they'll just be more flames, assumptions and wrong guesses about what's missing or what isn't missing - but here goes. The while blocks in the back with the arrows, were temp spacer guides for the monitor brackets before we put them back in, there were some zip ties being added to the wires behind the monitor, those right side wires won't show - this is not the final pic before loading. We hadn't reinstalled the right back plastic next to the monitor. Yes, the prototype schematics are in the upper left part of the pic - we used full size, full color documentation that was complete for lamps, flashers, switches and coils to double-check connections, wire colors, etc. Nothing is final, final until production. For example, we didn't have the final right-sized motor for the lion saw, rather than put on a temp placeholder, we left it off.
I can answer a few questions, but I'm just a minion, and its not my product - I'm not an owner and didn't ask for pay - its just to give it a chance to be judged, good or bad, and for Bill/Pintasia to have a shot at showing a close-to-final game.
Notice: If Bill wants the pics taken down - I'll do so.
IMG_7314.jpg IMG_7321.jpg

Nice seeing the playfield in a lit room. The colors on the playfield look really nice in this light. Thanks for sharing!

#13275 8 years ago

Is the game any fun? Is the screen blocked too much by the ramps?

That's what I care about. But I'm just a bystander. IMHO if you're not an owner then calm down. There's no reason to be screaming at anyone. Especially not volunteers.

We're all going to see the game finally. Just let it happen.

#13276 8 years ago

My money was taken and I was lied to for years... and the game I put my money into isn't even the one that is not finished but being shown this weekend. The game I sent my money in for is not even close to being able to be shown, so I won't be getting over it so easily.

So I have no money, and no game, and only the offer to buy some other game, that isn't finished yet, but I'll need to send additional money to buy it.

This situation is shitty, no getting around it, and there's no point telling the ones who got screwed to stop living in the past.

#13277 8 years ago

sad situation, because the game looks beautiful

#13278 8 years ago

lol at the idea of this game being made or broken by our comments. If the game is good, it will weather the storm. Pussy footing around got us here. Sack up and take the heat for petes sake.

I dig the apron though. Very cool.

#13279 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I am broadcasting all of our seminars live on Twitch.TV.

Thanks for sharing, as someone who wished for seminars at Pin-a-go-go, this will more than make up for it. Thanks for the notice!

#13280 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Offensive, lmao. I acknowledged the efforts of the volunteers. I will reiterate it again. What the volunteers have done is commendable. Having said that, there are lots of eyes on this project. By design in fact. Many of those eyes belonging to potential buyers. If you think just because a handful of guys worked hard to get the game presentable buys a game being peddled for $16k a break; you're sorely mistaken.
So what? We should lie and say it looks great? Gotcha.

I appreciate the nod to the volunteers. Opinions on Value, color, looks, game play, features will be all over the place. $16k buys a lot of other pins - many thought 1 pin might be worth $16k - I didn't bite on that offer, no pin is worth that to me. Some would not pay a dime for an EM, some restored ones go for $4k - that's what makes a market. The game will speak for itself and folks will love it or trash it or be, meh. Doesn't matter how much time or volunteer effort, I agree.

#13281 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I appreciate the nod to the volunteers. Opinions on Value, color, looks, game play, features will be all over the place. $16k buys a lot of other pins - many thought 1 pin might be worth $16k - I didn't bite on that offer, no pin is worth that to me. Some would not pay a dime for an EM, some restored ones go for $4k - that's what makes a market. The game will speak for itself and folks will love it or trash it or be, meh. Doesn't matter how much time or volunteer effort, I agree.

I respect that reply.
Kudos to you and what you have done for this project.

#13282 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is the game any fun? Is the screen blocked too much by the ramps?
That's what I care about. But I'm just a bystander. IMHO if you're not an owner then calm down. There's no reason to be screaming at anyone. Especially not volunteers.
We're all going to see the game finally. Just let it happen.

Honestly I don't see where anybody is all that bent out of shape other than maybe a handful of the owners...and they have every right to be. Even in the case of the owners, I'd say they have been remarkably restrained given the situation and how much they have on the line.

Anybody involved in trying to wrest MG away from John to try to bring it to reality knew the shitstorm they were walking into. That said, I don't see anybody criticizing their efforts. All the anger and frustration is directed squarely at John. Right where it should be.

The sooner the game is revealed the better. Make it happen Bill.

#13283 8 years ago

what is that bracket in the shooter lane? Are we bringing back WSC94 skillshot?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2811&picno=43240&zoom=1

#13284 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

see the game and say whether you are in or out.

Dgarrett are you in ??

#13285 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what is that bracket in the shooter lane? Are we bringing back WSC94 skillshot?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2811&picno=43240&zoom=1

"Hat Toss"

#13286 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Learn something every day!
Didn't know that

Yes, all carriers have this. Vtext appears to be Verizons?

Here's AT&T's: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB63037&cv=820

I have this setup on some critical systems at work, like the battery backup. If it activates, it sends an email to my mobile text number. That way I know when there's a power outage.

#13287 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Dgarrett are you in ??

Never was. There's always a chance later, but I'm waiting for the June 30 date b/c a lot more info will be known about a go/no go production possibility.

#13288 8 years ago

Nobody is criticizing the volunteer's work to put MG together - we know they did it for the buyers / community and it's great people will at least get to see this game.

If someone says "you worked 24/7 last 3 weeks and it only does X much???" they're not mad at you, they're realizing just how far behind John actually was.

#13289 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Thanks for sharing, as someone who wished for seminars at Pin-a-go-go, this will more than make up for it. Thanks for the notice!

Happy to help! I'll also be in twitch chat so if you have any questions during the Q&A segments just ask in chat and I'd be happy to relay your questions to the guest to answer during the seminar.

#13290 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nobody is criticizing the volunteer's work to put MG together - we know they did it for the buyers / community and it's great people will at least get to see this game.
If someone says "you worked 24/7 last 3 weeks and it only does X much???" they're not mad at you, they're realizing just how far behind John actually was.

Well said. Thanks Ben.

#13291 8 years ago

Looks awesome.
That 5$ owl looks tacky though.

#13292 8 years ago

What's the premise of Magic Girl? Who is she and what is the "story" of the pin/gameplay? How does the Owl play into the story?

#13293 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

I'm gonna watch the Hitler meme again - post of the year. #13027.
We likely have to wait until tomorrow to see pics and video of the game.

#13294 8 years ago

It looks great, hope it gets made and everyone gets their game...

#13295 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You'd see all the green ones!

#13296 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

wow... impossible not to take that personally

#13297 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Pretty sure he was talking about the current lighting scheme. Not the art.

Looking at dark room pics with only a bunch of pink and blue lights providing illumination doesn't do anything for the art unfortunately. In fact, it is hard to see much of the art in the pics posted earlier in the thread. The pics in the lit room show off the art much better. I think it looks great! The lighting is what needs help and that's an easy fix.

#13298 8 years ago

Jpop's called Ben a drunk to many people, i can see where Ben probably doesn't have an unbiased view of this entire project....

#13299 8 years ago

The art looks great ZY, but that LED setup looks like shit in that picture.
The game actually looks interesting and hopefully it will get made for those people that spent money on it.

#13300 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Yeah it is a coment on the color bombing of crappy lighting. "Skittles" is what a game with lots of color bombed GI looks like and that is a perfect discription for MG.

It is really a shame, esp since your art is so good! Warm white GI would really make it pop instead of the taste the rainbow lighting abomination that it currently has.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.