(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 491.
#13101 8 years ago

No joking, the pinball community could be real "Artist Patrons" for ZombieYeti's work and generate a shit ton of money, more than enough to make up for toiling for years for low pay for John.

#13102 8 years ago

John loves magic.... He made the money disappear!

#13103 8 years ago

Best Hitler video ever! Thanks...needed the laugh. "My Lover..." I almost peed!!

#13104 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

And a HUGE thank you to all who bought prints! I PAID for the PRINTS and the shipping tubes BEFORE I put them up for sale... TRUE
Just awaiting their production and they will be shipped out! (I'm told I'll have them on the 12th)
And if anyone missed out - I've got a few ideas how I can address - might do an extended non numbered edition. OR I'll slightly modify the hatter to represent your favorite pinball inventor... or I'll add in Godzilla...
But seriously - I greatly appreciate this community - maybe it'll even help me get something on a real machine someday

Please consider another run of something. Love your work.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

And now I am stepping away for the day to celebrate my 16th wedding Anniversary so that i can see a 17th!

Oh and this must be why you're not make the NW show. She put her foot down and said "OH NO, you're not missing our anniversary again. ". lol Give the wife an extra pickle tickle, I'm sure she could use it going thru this disaster as well.

#13105 8 years ago

Zombie! Make as many as people want! Don't leave money on the table...you deserve it!

#13106 8 years ago

I am definetly in for a BHZA limited print.

#13107 8 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Providing a deposit to "Captain Bob's Pinball Development, Inc." for the proposed pinball game "Taco Bell Dollar Menu Pinball" does not make you a secured creditor of Captain Bob's. It makes you a purchaser, and perhaps an unwise one at that. Unless of course, Captain Bob's gives you a security interest in inventory, receivables, IP, etc..

Is this strictly a civil case? I'm curious why there is no discussion of fraud or criminal charges? My first response had I been in this situation would be to contact the local AG and file some kind of fraud complaint. After all, people paid for a product and that product was never delivered. Does Zidware have a merchant account? They could lose control of that as well. Did anyone pay with Paypal? Paypal will freeze their account over fraud claims.

#13108 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is this strictly a civil case? I'm curious why there is no discussion of fraud or criminal charges? My first response had I been in this situation would be to contact the local AG and file some kind of fraud complaint.

I did that 2 months ago.

#13109 8 years ago

I am in for a MG print (unlimited or not, I do not care... but preferentially a color one) and for a BHZA (Ben Heck - **not** RAZA - assuming Ben agrees!) print.

Shut up and take my money!

#13110 8 years ago

Why not start a ZombieYeti thread? I think he deserves more exposure v. buried in this 13k+ thread of marathon postings.

#13111 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Nope - was ANOTHER machine pitch I was told. Only spent a few days sketching on it - but it must have been 2013ish? I hope it didn't fall thru because of my lack of copper-sexy-field-ness

Maybe. I only managed a semi.

#13112 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is this strictly a civil case? I'm curious why there is no discussion of fraud or criminal charges? My first response had I been in this situation would be to contact the local AG and file some kind of fraud complaint. After all, people paid for a product and that product was never delivered. Does Zidware have a merchant account? They could lose control of that as well. Did anyone pay with Paypal? Paypal will freeze their account over fraud claims.

Discussed a couple dozen times - search the thread for "fraud" "criminal" "civil" "complaint" "Paypal"

#13113 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought copperfield was the early SS game that Epthegeek was coding?

No, that was Space Mission X.

#13114 8 years ago

For those of you haven't read about it yet, several Predator pre-orderers appear to be receiving refunds to their paypal accounts. Prior to this, some were successful with charge-backs through their credit cards, but now it appears that Skit-B is actually processing the refunds. Fingers crossed everyone gets made whole, and though it's not related to jpop, maybe there's still hope of people getting some money back.

#13115 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you haven't read about it yet, several Predator pre-orderers appear to be receiving refunds to their paypal accounts. Prior to this, some were successful with charge-backs through their credit cards, but now it appears that Skit-B is actually processing the refunds. Fingers crossed everyone gets made whole, and though it's not related to jpop, maybe there's still hope of people getting some money back.

Apples and oranges.

#13116 8 years ago

If it turns out John Popadiuk was the nefarious thief in all this and Kevin refunds people...just face palm again. Kevin is the buffoon in the basement while John is the evil grinch stealing from the community. Wow. It's still a big "if" to me as I have not received a refund from anyone.

#13117 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

ZY: your work is amazing!
Want to do all the lcd display art for our Buffy the Vampire Slayer pin? At least we're up front about not paying and never shipping a machine to a customer

ZombieYeti, I wanted to quote this to make sure you saw it since he is 100% serious! Well, except for the not paying portion, because I would absolutely pay you to do this! Let either one of us know if you are at all interested and we can discuss it via email!

#13118 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Why not start a ZombieYeti thread? I think he deserves more exposure v. buried in this 13k+ thread of marathon postings.

I totally agree. ZY, start a thread for your artwork in the Off Topic zone. Link it to this thread. Your work is awesome, lets see it get its own thread and get you out of this negativity associated with this thread.

#13119 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Hey Jpoop, skit b is refunding games today... Congrats on being the only start up pinball sh*t bag to steal people's money now.

Referring to him as Jpoop is so juvenile. I prefer Popadeuce.

#13120 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Bwahahahahaha "It's been four years! We took over Europe and North Africa faster than this!"

Totally brilliant I'm not even going to try and one-up that. Well played sir!

#13121 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This is a great idea. Please re-post all the artwork there so we can have it in one place.

#13122 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If it turns out John Popadiuk was the nefarious thief in all this and Kevin refunds people...just face palm again. Kevin is the buffoon in the basement while John is the evil grinch stealing from the community. Wow. It's still a big "if" to me as I have not received a refund from anyone.

Please do not misconstrue this as support for John in any way. I strongly believe John set out to make a pin and just miserably failed. He lacked any business knowledge, it seems, and obviously had such an inflated ego he was delusional in thinking he could do it. A failed business is a lot different than someone who is a intentional thief. Although in both cases the customer gets screwed.

#13123 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I agree, apples and oranges. At least Kevin made the machines, had the parts ready to go, and just horribly miscalculated the licensing aspects. Jflop has apparently intentionally mislead people, and there is an element of criminal intent. Still trying to sell to people a few weeks back, when clearly he is aware nothing is going to happens is exemplary of that

#13124 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

A failed business is a lot different than someone who is a intentional thief.

Not when the owner of said failed business sucked out most of the money to pay himself and his wife salary while he lied to people to get more deposit money.

Heck, just six weeks ago JPop apparently was trying to sell AIW slots. Even if he is as incompetent and many say, by six weeks ago he knew he wasn't making AIW.

#13125 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, just six weeks ago JPop apparently was trying to sell AIW slots.

It is acts like these that moved him from just being incompetent in running a business and knowing how to get machines produced, to being a fraudster.

To me the biggest crime he has committed is that over two years ago he had to realize he was in trouble, and while he was getting many experience project mangers, business people, etc. offering to help him, HE REFUSED THAT HELP! Often the only thing these people wanted was a machine. Accepting that help would have potentially saved zidware and his reputation. Both are now doomed.

#13126 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinsiders do know, right, that the Hitler Reacts meme is over 6 years old?
Still, fun to drag it out for stuff like this and man, it was SOOOO easy to write

Well most pinsiders only think it's 2 years old, but yes, it's pretty common knowledge that this isn't brand new shit.

They'd stop making 'em if they stopped being funny but after all this time...it's still kind of hard to make a bad one.

#13127 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Please do not misconstrue this as support for John in any way. I strongly believe John set out to make a pin and just miserably failed. He lacked any business knowledge, it seems, and obviously had such an inflated ego he was delusional in thinking he could do it. A failed business is a lot different than someone who is a intentional thief. Although in both cases the customer gets screwed.

It is pretty naive to think that somebody who compartmentalized every person working on the project from the beginning, didn't pay vendors, lied for years about the status, misrepresented the rate of progress, stonewalled the professionals who could help deliver it, and faked having deals with individuals who had nothing to do with the project had pure intentions and genuinely just failed as a businessman. Sure you may believe that, but you have very little reason to *strongly* believe that.

#13128 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Magic Girl on the road to Tacoma WA. for the NW Pinball show this weekend.

monkee.jpeg

$1 million insurance on the pin, car falls off cliff, everyone gets a refund. The End.

#13129 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not when the owner of said failed business sucked out most of the money to pay himself and his wife salary while he lied to people to get more deposit money.
Heck, just six weeks ago JPop apparently was trying to sell AIW slots. Even if he is as incompetent and many say, by six weeks ago he knew he wasn't making AIW.

IMO I don't disagree that good intentions probably turned into intentional fraud. But I think we would both agree his stupidity led him to what may be criminal. My point was he didn't have criminal intent initially.

#13130 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It is pretty naive to think that somebody who compartmentalized every person working on the project from the beginning, didn't pay vendors, lied for years about the status, misrepresented the rate of progress, stonewalled the professionals who could help deliver it, and faked having deals with individuals who had nothing to do with the project had pure intentions and genuinely just failed as a businessman. Sure you may believe that, but you have very little reason to *strongly* believe that.

So your point is John went into this with criminal intent? I completely disagree if that's what you're saying.

#13131 8 years ago

John went into this with no intent

#13132 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I don't disagree that good intentions probably turned into intentional fraud. But I think we would both agree his stupidity led him to what may be criminal. My point was he didn't have criminal intent initially.

According to posts earlier in this thread, he was still trying to take orders after it was obvious the game was in trouble and not going to get built. If that is true (no reason to doubt it) that is CLEARLY criminal intent.

You don't get off the hook for starting out un-informed before morphing into a scumbag. Seems like ripped off everyone helping with the project too. That wasn't accidental.

#13133 8 years ago

I don't think Popaduik actually put any real thought into it at all.

I suspect it started and ended with "You know what would be cool?"

#13134 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

OT: Are you sure Kevin has anything to do with these refunds?

Quoted from PACMAN:

Just talked to the attorney. To be clear, Kevin and his attorney have NOTHING to do with the Paypal refunds showing up. Kevin has NO intention of issuing refunds, he is still intending to build the machines as soon as his attorney navigates through all the legalities which his attorney said will take 30-60 days. His attorney has no idea why a few people have received Paypal notices. In fact he said Paypal isn't cooperating at all. Paypal must be getting pressure from somewhere else.

#13135 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well most pinsiders only think it's 2 years old, but yes, it's pretty common knowledge that this isn't brand new shit.
They'd stop making 'em if they stopped being funny but after all this time...it's still kind of hard to make a bad one.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/downfall-hitler-reacts

#13136 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

People have posted quotes from him before where he waxed poetically, in response to other boutique builders' inexperience and lack of understanding of the manufacturing process. I don't think there's much room to be sympathetic at this point.

Also, I was reading through the Skit-B thread, and those people are apparently now getting refunds? I couldn't help but notice how much more aggressive they were in harassing everyone continuing to associate with the fraudulent operation, whereas with JPop, his associates show up and everybody's wishing them well despite not knowing what the relationship is with a group like Pintasia. If you respond differently, you're going to get different results.

I don't know all the details of the skit-B debacle but supposedly the FBI dropped the case and people think it's also a waste of time pursuing similar recourse with Zidware? I would beg to differ From what I read, the FBI couldn't find any evidence that Skit-B repurposed funds for projects other than what were promised customers. Everybody knows that's not the case with Zidware - customers' money was spent on a wide variety of stuff that had nothing to do with the products they purchased. I think there's a stronger criminal case there than there was with Skit-B. Customers should be acting appropriately IMO. And this notion that if one criminal investigator says it's not worth pursuing, that means give up.. that's not valid. They're all public servants - if enough people bitch and moan, they WILL act.

#13137 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

John went into this with no intent

John went into this without the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to do it. His inability to create a team that could work together as well as bring in the individuals needed to make it happen, is his biggest weakness. It is hard to understand how he could understand he needed a developer, an artist, etc. but not a business manager and a project manager. But I guess he did not want the latter two, since he did not want anyone who would tell him what to do and how to do it.

At the end of the day, it was his ego and need for control that made failure a fait accompli

#13138 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I don't disagree that good intentions probably turned into intentional fraud. But I think we would both agree his stupidity led him to what may be criminal. My point was he didn't have criminal intent initially.

What does his original intent matter? So you're saying someone who signed up for aiw right at the end would be ok being screwed since jpop didn't initially have criminal intent? Put another way: A guy doesn't plan on cheating on his wife but he goes out with the boys, gets drunk and cheats. Is he less a cheater because when he left to go to the bar he didn't intend on cheating and more importantly; he was drunk?

#13139 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

So your point is John went into this with criminal intent? I completely disagree if that's what you're saying.

I'm saying that from the very start he put the systems in place that would allow him to operate dishonestly. Take that for what you will.

#13140 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

According to posts earlier in this thread, he was still trying to take orders after it was obvious the game was in trouble and not going to get built. If that is true (no reason to doubt it) that is CLEARLY criminal intent.
You don't get off the hook for starting out un-informed before morphing into a scumbag. Seems like ripped off everyone helping with the project too. That wasn't accidental.

From one of my earlier posts.

Quoted from chessiv:

IMO I don't disagree that good intentions probably turned into intentional fraud.

#13141 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What does his original intent matter? So you're saying someone who signed up for aiw right at the end would be ok being screwed since jpop didn't initially have criminal intent? Put another way: A guy doesn't plan on cheating on his wife but he goes out with the boys, gets drunk and cheats. Is he less a cheater because when he left to go to the bar he didn't intend on cheating and more importantly; he was drunk?

Original intent does matter in a number of ways. Also read my earlier post:

Quoted from chessiv:

IMO I don't disagree that good intentions probably turned into intentional fraud.

#13142 8 years ago

Only a couple of days left to see the reality of the situation!

#13143 8 years ago

If the Nigerian businessmen who keep e-mailing me knew about this site, they would have a gold mine. Because there is a huge population of people here who are extremely "trusting." And even when that trust is betrayed they turn a blind eye or jump to the defense of their betrayer. I am willing to bet that a lot of people are going to end up handing over money to pintasia, even though it is common knowledge their financial planner is tied to numerous ponzi schemes. Because some people just can't believe somebody would just take their money and run.

#13144 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It is acts like these that moved him from just being incompetent in running a business and knowing how to get machines produced, to being a fraudster.
To me the biggest crime he has committed is that over two years ago he had to realize he was in trouble, and while he was getting many experience project mangers, business people, etc. offering to help him, HE REFUSED THAT HELP! Often the only thing these people wanted was a machine. Accepting that help would have potentially saved zidware and his reputation. Both are now doomed.

^^^^^^^^^ And what Tiger said as well.

He couldn't have sunk his own ship any worse. It very well could have been saved, many people tried to help and he KNEW he was in trouble and kept taking money from people.

Why he torpedoed himself will always blow my mind.

There is only one saving grace in this whole equation.

Last August or so, several people, including myself and Bill were trying to get in Magic Girl, thinking it was close to being done based on his representations, and we were put on "the list" of buyers that he was going to raise up to 50.

We tried to give him our $$$ for the MG waiting line and he did refuse to accept it! He told me to give him about 30-60 days to get everybody in line but to "be ready" when it came time to pay up.

Had i done that, along with others, and had he taken the $$$, i promise you this, I would have made the Hulk look like a pansy. So he knew the jig was up then BUT he still took in Raza and AIW money.

Really sick at the whole shitterie, should have known, taken the blinders off. STUPID

#13145 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you haven't read about it yet, several Predator pre-orderers appear to be receiving refunds to their paypal accounts. Prior to this, some were successful with charge-backs through their credit cards, but now it appears that Skit-B is actually processing the refunds.

latest info is that Kevin (and his Lawyer) were NOT behind these refunds. Unclear why paypal has been doing it. His lawyer keeps saying he is still planning on making the games and they are working through the details. If you do believe he will make these games, I have some ocean front property in Idaho for sale that you may be interested in, both Atlantic and Pacific views are still available, but they are going fast, so don't delay.

#13146 8 years ago

grrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpggrrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpg

Money gone,me angry at pinball now!!!

#13147 8 years ago
grrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpggrrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpg
#13148 8 years ago

qbert:is all our money gone?

aa mg 9.jpgaa mg 9.jpg
#13149 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

grrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpg

Dude hate the player (JPOP) not the game

#13150 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Please do not misconstrue this as support for John in any way. I strongly believe John set out to make a pin and just miserably failed

Pardon my bluntness, Kevin and John are both idiots. Kevin for thinking he could slip a game or two .. hundred.. under Fox's radar, and John for having no production plans and thinking some magic pinball company would come bail him out.

Neither went into their respective projects looking to rip anyone off, but as the wheels fell off each train, the conductors started to get shady to prop up their failures. Both should have come clean far earlier than now, but ehh... humans hate admitting failure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.