(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 490.
#12701 8 years ago

Just my opinion, but I would like bill to keep the game after nw show... Hold on to it, let Jpop get upset and mad cause he doesn't get to control it anymore..let him chase u with a law suit to get it back. We all know how long that will take.. Here's one for u... Suddenly it disappeared after the show and u don't know what happened bill.... Then Send it to every one of the 19 mg buyers to keep for a month at their houses over the next year..... Why am I the only one thinking this

#12702 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just my opinion, but I would like bill to keep the game after nw show... Hold on to it, let Jpop get upset and mad cause he doesn't get to control it anymore..let him chase u with a law suit to get it back. We all know how long that will take.. Here's one for u... Suddenly it disappeared after the show and u don't know what happened bill.... Then Send it to every one of the 19 mg buyers to keep for a month at their houses over the next year..... Why am I the only one thinking this

#12703 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How it evolves into bitching at each other I don't know

Really? You have no idea?

hint: your 19 posts in less than an hour is a good start....

For the record:
I'm sorry you got ripped off again
I'm sorry you though everyone would celebrate Bill, Sabrina and Johns plan.
I'm sorry that there's about a 99% chance that everyone involved is screwed on this.
I'm sorry you think anyone here is happy about the situation.

However, even though there are people on both side of the issue:
You insulting anyone that wants to sue John is not productive, just like
Anyone insulting your intelligence for supporting Bill would not be productive.

#12704 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Really? You have no idea?
hint: your 19 posts in less than an hour is a good start....
For the record:
I'm sorry you got ripped off again
I'm sorry you though everyone would celebrate Bill, Sabrina and Johns plan.
I'm sorry that there's about a 100% chance that everyone involved in screwed on this.
I'm sorry you think anyone here is happy about the situation.

Thanks AGAIN for your opinion Lowepg. The same exact one you give over and over again.

And you seem to relish in the misery of others, but that's ok, you are entitled to keep posting the same garbage over and over again. Coming from you, it doesn't mean a thing.

I respect Rob and G and so many others that weigh in on what is going on. Positive or negative.

#12705 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you drunk posting again?

God I hope so. Ice's drunk posting nights are the stuff of legend. Bring on the hooch!

#12706 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Based on that statement it's safe to assume that you didn't just lose thousands of dollars like many others in this thread.
I don't think they'd call it a "minor blip" by a long shot. I minor blip is something that would be quickly forgotten. This isn't it.

Ok yea that didn't come out as intended. Losing any money is not a tiny blip. Is what I meant is that he has all these other pins to play, pinball is so much more than jpop. Try not to let this fiasco ruin pinball for you and I certainly hope everyone is made whole or receives a pin.

#12707 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

God I hope so. Ice's drunk posting nights are the stuff of legend. Bring on the hooch!

I guarantee you Jar, after all these years, I might be "drunk posting" again this weekend after the dust settles on this thing, whatever you want to call it.

And it might be epic, with Bill commentary as well. Who knows, the whole thing is just a terrible fiasco. We will all move on down the road, John has to somehow live with himself.

And I think John has a total lack of self awareness and will never understand what he's done to the pinball community, and unfortunately despite all litigation attempts.

As i shut it down tonight, turning off my TWD and AC/DC and putting the tarps on, its ok, I love pinball and this won't really affect me over the long term, that simple.

#12708 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Given the size of peoples investments, I would argue that John had a fiduciary duty to act in the buyers best interests, which he clearly has not. He also breached his fiduciary duty by demanding that everybody sign a legal document within a few days stating they won't sue, and if they didn't sign it he would file for bankruptcy and they would get nothing. That is a pretty serious criminal offense. Read up on fiduciary duty and the laws in your state regarding this.

If I were some of the individuals who had dealings, conversations or met with a certain individual causing all of this mess; I consult my personal Counsel regarding "Misprision of a Felony". This took out a Bally President awhile back thanks to the Louisiana Governor and all-around good guy Edwin Edwards. The Bally guy ended up being disbarred because of his conviction. It took a Presidential Pardon by George W. Bush during his final days in office to get the conviction overturned and allowing him to practice Law once again.

This may not apply but, I wonder if there is a chance that it could? I'd ask Gambit to comment if possible.

#12709 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Coming from you, it doesn't mean a thing.

It doesn't mean a thing? - it sure doesn't sound like it... because you keep filling my inbox with this kind of crap:

"Confront you man to man?" lolwut?

You *DO* understand that I cant just come out the playground at recess right? You know, because we're like 1400 miles away from each other? Oh yeah... and (theoretically) we're both adults....

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

#12710 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It doesn't mean a thing? - it sure doesn't sound like it... because you keep filling my inbox with this kind of crap:
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 12.45.30 AM.png
What's wrong with you?
You *DO* understand that I cant just come out the playground at recess right? You know, because we're like 1400 miles away from each other? Oh yeah... and (theoretically) we're both adults....

It's...... who you are. 1400 miles or not. I'm right here, all the time. Come see me.

Have another Jack and Coke. And go try and bait somebody else into whatever BS you have going on.

Time to end this thread. Your miserable hatred of everything and everybody that has gone down this road is despicable.

Please take it down Marcus. It's over.

The rest of you people that support this should be ashamed of yourselves.

#12711 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I throw another bet into the scenario. I'lll wager that Zaney's can't recover a DIME from Jpoop to be distributed to anybody.
I'll take a case of beer against ANYBODY that can prove a dime of recovery from Zaney!

If anyone wants to be represented by the Fictional Internet Law Office of Iceman and ChrisVW, you can PayPal us our $500 fee. We guarantee an immediate $250 settlement... payable immediately. You'll get $250 more than you'll likely get from that other lawyer and you can feel like a big shot that "stuck it to the man" jpop. Tell jpop you mean business by sending us $500!

As I learned watching daytime TV, this is a limited time offer, so you must contact us immediately to qualify.

WE DONT GET PAID UNLESS YOU GET PAID! Call now!

</SATIRE>

#12712 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 12.45.30 AM.png
What's wrong with you?

Isn't publishing PMs a big no-no? I'd delete that.

#12713 8 years ago

Posting pms is as low as you can get.

#12714 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Yeah, good point... I thought personal attacks were as well, but since Ice has already been kicked from the last 2 Jpop threads, perhaps he's allowed to go unmoderated here...

Frankly, I thought he was TRYING to get ejected from this thread again...

No need to lower myself to his level, but I wanted to let folk see his craziness. He tries to goad you in PM and then plays the victim here.... it's just sad....... I actually feel sorry for him.

#12715 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Let him leave it up Chris, he has NOTHING at risk and does this in every JJP, SkitB and Jpop thread seeking to rain down misery on all of us for whatever BS reasons he has.

Doesn't matter, there are plenty of people like yourself that really CARE and are affected by what goes on in our close knit pinball community.

"What goes around comes around".

It's time to move on and we'll see what happens this weekend. There are other possibilities for us down the road, stay tuned.

Because of the garbage like Lowepg posts non stop in this thread and others I have asked to have it shut down.

We can stay together outside of this BS. No moderation necessary Lowepg, you have made it crystal clear its time to stick a fork in this thread.

#12716 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's...... who you are. 1400 miles or not. I'm right here, all the time. Come see me.

Stop embarrassing yourself...

texasshole.jpgtexasshole.jpg

#12717 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just my opinion, but I would like bill to keep the game after nw show... Hold on to it, let Jpop get upset and mad cause he doesn't get to control it anymore..let him chase u will a law suit to get it back... Send it to every one of the 19 mg buyers to keep for a month at their houses over the next year..... Why am I the only one thinking this

"I don't have your Magic Girl. It's in Bill's house..."

its_in_bills_house.jpgits_in_bills_house.jpg
#12718 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

"I don't have your Magic Girl. It's in Bill's house..."

can we just fast forward to the part where JPOP comes to the realization that the world would be better without him?

"I wish I'd never been born!"

#12719 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pretty F ing disappointing. Not a single taker on my bet. It's 3 cases of beer to 1? What's not to like?
Where's RD for crying out loud?

He was on a plane from Finland to Hong Kong!

Only 2.5 hours Helsinki to Munich plus 1.5 hours layover then 11.5 hours to Hong Kong. Easy!

Rather than making a bet, I say Icey, SnowMan and RD all catch up at Chicago Expo in October and have a beer fest.

First rounds on you! Haha!

rd.

#12720 8 years ago

Guys, yesterday was a pretty messy day for posts on this thread. Some personal attacks and lots of depressing posts. I did not lose thousands in this mess, but I get it. I can't imagine how some people who lost money feel about all this. Most people on Pinside are good people. Even good people have bad days, and sometimes bad weeks. it's times like this, people need to get things off their chest, and vent.
I hope those that lost money, know that most of us feel for you all, and hope that it doesn't ruin your love for the game, and you remember the good times you have had in this hobby, and even some of the positive posts here.
Whatever happens in the coming weeks, "this too shall pass" and maybe, just maybe, we all have learned some lessons because of this.

#12721 8 years ago

In going to keep bumping the idea that john shouldn't get the game back and mg owners get to borrow it for a month each

#12722 8 years ago

How about the other 100+ customers?

#12723 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

How about the other 100+ customers?

There's a non working raza for them. Lol

Don't worry every mg owner is also a raza owner

#12724 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There's a non working raza for them. Lol
Don't worry every mg owner is also a raza owner

Joking or not, the attitude that MG owners should come before RAZA owners is a crock.

#12725 8 years ago

If this thread gets closed we will just start a new one titled - " john Popadiuk , here he stole our $$ and lost his reputation " or some such nonsense. Best leave it open IMHO .

Quite the rant last night! I think that one should go down In the halls of legendary ice meltdowns.

As I somehow got personally mentioned , I thought I would mention one thing ...

I want a refund .

I don't see anything in all those alcohol soaked , bravado filled posts that points me towards refund money. Got anything like that ?

#12726 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

agreed. Even low for lowepg.

Everyone please take note that he is the sort of guy to publish PMs (PERSONAL messages) that you send to him. Pretty disgusting forum behavior.

#12727 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Joking or not, the attitude that MG owners should come before RAZA owners is a crock.

I was deff joking. Wish there was a easy solution for all

#12728 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Everyone please take note that he is the sort of guy to publish PMs (PERSONAL messages) that you send to him. Pretty disgusting forum behavior.

the above quote is from whysnow

threatening someone in a PM transcends any privacy of that PM IMO. Not speaking to this specific incident but people should be aware if members are being abusive in PMs. That should not be tolerated at all.

#12729 8 years ago

Page 255 in the thread. Are we going to get a Donkey Kong kill screen?

#12730 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I disagree. If Doug is carpet bombing someone with PM that say " come and fight me Internet tough guy" - I say put that out here for all to see.

Listen just because you send me a private message does not mean I agree to keep it private. If I agree to keep it private that's one thing. But there is no implied confidentiality for personal attacks via PM here.

Personal attack PM are fair game for publication IMHO .

Now on to what we all really want to know - does Ice spend mornings after hung over? Or does he have some sort of hangover cure? Cuz after that one last night , if it was me, my head would be like a football!

It's ok for there to be disagreement here. Some people got robbed and have to pursue that. Others will hang on through the lawsuits and that's fine too. To each his own . We should not turn on each other - focus! On John!

John Popadiuk is a villain. Get him boys!

#12731 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

the above quote is from whysnow
threatening someone in a PM transcends any privacy of that PM IMO. Not speaking to this specific incident but people should be aware if members are being abusive in PMs. That should not be tolerated at all.

that is what moderator forum is for. If you are getting abusive PMs there are easy solutions:

1. put the person on ignore (pretty sure this prevents them form PMing you
2. Open a moderator thread

Posting PMs in public is not the answer and VERY poor form on a forum (esp when one of our own just had a little too much to drink and got sick of someone's insentient trolling for reactions; notice that lowepg is at the center of any drama and seems to take joy in not just pointing out the salt but rubbing it in).

#12732 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is what moderator forum is for. If you are getting abusive PMs there are easy solutions:
Posting PMs in public is not the answer and VERY poor form on a forum.

and threatening someone using them is the absolute worst form.

These community is too small to tolerate this type of behavior.

#12733 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Posting PMs in public is not the answer and VERY poor form on a forum.

I disagree. PM does not mean you get to hide personal attacks. Put another way - you sent the message to me, it is mine now. You better trust me or avoid sending PM altogether. I might not keep your secret .

This is all moot anyway - he will wake up and be in a better mood is my bet.

#12734 8 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race but I guess it could be summed up like this.
jpop-the-shining.jpgjpop-the-shining.jpg

#12736 8 years ago

The morning crowd is distinctly different tone than the late shift...

#12737 8 years ago

what the .... 4096 new post sinds my last visit 20 days ago.
I don;t read it anymore.

#12738 8 years ago

im bored, someone wake up iceman44 so he can start posting again..

#12739 8 years ago

Is there any news of the location of the MG prototype? I'm guessing the Facebook group has more info, but let's hear it.

#12740 8 years ago

I'm really glad when Jpop asked us to design a amplifier for his games I said no!

#12741 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

and threatening someone using them is the absolute worst form.
These community is too small to tolerate this type of behavior.

Above quote from TaylorVA:

I agree with this. I don't find posting PM's "cool" but if you go off base enough to start threatening me in them you better damn well expect them to be posted to give an unbiased picture of how nutty you are acting.

Unless I have promised specifically to keep them secret ahead of time, why would you expect otherwise?

Really, the only win here is stop treating other people like garbage. Then you don't have to get all pissy over what constitutes a big enough violation to dredge up PM's.

And if you would be embarassed to say it in public, here's a hint: Don't write it in a PM!

#12742 8 years ago

So, generally the mod team does not approve of posting PMs.

That said, it is a soft rule and people should have no expectation to privacy in their PMs. If you threaten someone or Choggard someone don't be surprised to see your PM again.

Try to treat all people with respect both in your posts and your PMs.

#12743 8 years ago

The general consensus seems to be that the entire pinball/pinside community has as much right to voice their opinion in this thread as people with money at stake. I'm not going to argue that point but would like to state that SOME of them should be a little more considerate of how strongly they voice it. Consider the fact that your opinion could possibly negatively affect the situation even if you don’t mean it to or don’t have bad intentions. You can feel that you have just as much right to say what you want as someone who lost money and although that may be true you can also be a little more aware of how it may affect others.

#12744 8 years ago

I'm having trouble understanding how all of the personal attacks people are waging against each other here are helping to get this issue any closer to being resolved.

#12745 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Ice - was looking at your collection. Noticed you kept Predator (and RAZA) as "previously owned" like me (conflicting smileys I know... hard to find the correct one)
Our badge of (de)honor.

Zidware's game #4:

artoff3896.jpg

As a bit of an off-topic comment, I watched a documentary on Stanley Kubrick. Bit nuts, but a fascinating creative genius.

#12746 8 years ago

I remember the first time I saw this video, I was hooked! What a sucker I am
https://www.youtube.com/embed/WcLNGMpUP3g?autoplay=1&rel=0

#12747 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And 4% of nothing is still NOTHING.

That's not necessarily true, you just need to hire the right help. See #10

chuck-norris-jokes-birthday.jpgchuck-norris-jokes-birthday.jpg
#12748 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Above quote from TaylorVA:
I agree with this. I don't find posting PM's "cool" but if you go off base enough to start threatening me in them you better damn well expect them to be posted to give an unbiased picture of how nutty you are acting.
Unless I have promised specifically to keep them secret ahead of time, why would you expect otherwise?
Really, the only win here is stop treating other people like garbage. Then you don't have to get all pissy over what constitutes a big enough violation to dredge up PM's.
And if you would be embarassed to say it in public, here's a hint: Don't write it in a PM!

I'm surprised some people have not been issued warnings.

Don't PM me any threat unless you want it posted on the public forum.

This is pinball people, there are rules, this isn't Nam.

Anyway let's try to be more civil.

#12749 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really?

I'd never send a "personal message" to a complete stranger on an internet forum that I wasn't comfortable with anybody seeing. Unless there's a specific rule against it and it's a bannable offense I don't see the problem.

#12750 8 years ago

If somebody ever threatens me in a PM, you can rest assured I will post it, take an ad out in the local paper and rent a billboard for it. If someone steps over the line their expectation of privacy is null and void.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.