(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 491.
#11451 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Questions still waiting for answers:
1. Terms of the license agreement.2. Why license, with the complicated "we'll make you whole" rigamarole instead of buy-out and clear, legal transfer of liability.

Because nobody would ever assume this liability, the project would be dead if that were part of the deal.

#11452 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

1. Terms of the license agreement.
2. Why license, with the complicated "we'll make you whole" rigamarole instead of buy-out and clear, legal transfer of liability.

probably due to some type of personal relationship btwn Jpop and Bill.I can't help but think Bill is helping Jpop "survive" this mess.

we never got an answer on who composed that last ditch,don't sue me, letter/contract.

#11453 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

1. Terms of the license agreement.
2. Why license, with the complicated "we'll make you whole" rigamarole instead of buy-out and clear, legal transfer of liability.

Why would anybody buy out John's liabilities? They are about $1.3 MILLION. Everything he has is not worth $100K. That's everything.

#11454 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Because nobody would ever assume this liability, the project would be dead if that were part of the deal.

But the thing is, he's offering to "make people whole" and also pay the vendors, so essentially he's taking on the debt anyway. Why not do it above-board and legal?

Well, because this way he can SAY he will but he's under no obligation to actually do it, and in the meantime he can snake out what little value there is at Zidware before it gets locked up in litigation.

I guess I'm just a pessimist, but that's the logical conclusion.

#11455 8 years ago

After Jpops shop is cleaned out and moved to Canada,whats the recourse for US investors?

What,if any, laws cover the moving of "assets" to Canada.

#11456 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

...he can snake out what little value there is at Zidware before it gets locked up in litigation.

I don't think he "snaked it out," I think he "saved it" from what John is currently doing...see website...see blog...see walls missing art from a recent visit...

One item is saved and Bill repeatedly states "It belongs to all of the owners."

#11457 8 years ago

Sorry, duplicate. Ugh!

#11458 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I don't think he "snaked it out," I think he "saved it" from what John is currently doing...see website...see blog...see walls missing art from my last visit...
One item is saved and Bill repeatedly states "It belongs to all of the owners."

More words. Right now it belongs to Bill.

Anyway, there's another two of them back in that shop, plus who knows what else.

#11459 8 years ago

when it comes to pinball I go with "snaked it out"over "saved it" every time

#11460 8 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/john.popadiuk?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjohn.popadiuk&feed_ufi=comments

Some real defenders on Facebook.

So it was the 'bad advice' we gave John that caused this mess, and pinsiders are a 'pack of dogs' Unbelievable:
image.jpgimage.jpg

#11461 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

But the thing is, he's offering to "make people whole" and also pay the vendors, so essentially he's taking on the debt anyway. Why not do it above-board and legal?
Well, because this way he can SAY he will but he's under no obligation to actually do it, and in the meantime he can snake out what little value there is at Zidware before it gets locked up in litigation.

No business person in their right mind would ever take on the full liabilities of a company that they are buying. Too much hidden possibility for failure. Lawyers, bankers, and investors, won't allow this.

That is why the new company always has a slightly different name and is formed to acquire the assets of the failed company not the entire company.

If Bill is offering to "make people whole" then he is doing this selectively by choice. This "goodwill" makes sense as it allows him to salvage some customers and faith in the pinball community. I'm sure the extent of his debt coverage will be a learning process for Bill and for the rest of us.

Don't expect there to be blanket coverage. That doesn't make good business sense and after all, that's what this is all about.

#11463 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This whole boutique pinball thing is full of idea guys just like him. Not enough wrench turners. And while Kevin might have been a wrench turner, he was too much of a mouth breather to make the business deal stick together. It isn't surprising to me that someone like Kevin got closer, though. He was ignorant on the actual process and just kept plowing ahead. Hell, not even falling to secure the license got in his way. He didn't know a roadblock when he saw it.

What I don't get is... with the advancements in pin games like PinballArcade now.. and the proven market for it.. why don't these idea people focus on making a VIRTUAL game first... get the concept, desirability, rules, art, etc all done and proven.. THEN take on the 'pinball is hard' portion of physically making games.

Yes, Yes, I know.. you can't design the same kinds of games without physically playing them... but you sure can build a game that plays well virtually, and you can prove it without huge amounts of capital costs. Then go and refine the game into an even BETTER physically playing game when you prototype it and take it onwards towards production.

MMR was less risky because.. it was MM! It was a known commodity. We hear a common number about taking a million dollars to bring a game through development... surely it doesn't take a million dollars to create a virtual pin.

Flush out the concept, make some money selling it recouping your costs, then shop it to be physically produced. Yes, the virtual pins will cannibalize SOME of your market potential... but its not going to displace your potential.

#11464 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I actually just finished some official Iron Maiden art that will release at SDCC got the blessing from
eddies father too

I demand a thread just for this!!!

#11465 8 years ago

Quick question:After MG is shown at NW where does this prototype go?

Where will it reside?

#11466 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

If Bill is offering to "make people whole" then he is doing this selectively by choice. This "goodwill" makes sense as it allows him to salvage some customers and faith in the pinball community.

But the thing is, this deal as structured - the license - will be revoked as part of the bankruptcy proceedings. This is virtually guaranteed. If you buy the company and assume the debt, you at least maintain control of the IP. Or, alternatively, you let it fail and pick up the IP at auction, but that's way more messy.

But the third option is, get the physical assets out of his hands before the collapse and have the ultimate collectable. The license fails, the deal evaporates and everyone is out their million dollars, but one lucky guy has a flipping game.

There's a simple logic to the argument. Occam's Razor and all that.

#11467 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm curious if he even read my last sentence. The guy did run a sign business, so I'm very skeptical that he is not just a compulsive liar.

Honestly I felt people were jumping to huge conclusions based on the photos to start with. Because one room of a building is empty.. we assume no one is there? Less we forget the actual working space is in another area and it's a one man operation?

Not saying he was there... but the # of conclusions drawn from them were insane and very wishy-washy.

#11468 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

But the thing is, this deal as structured - the license - will be revoked as part of the bankruptcy proceedings. This is virtually guaranteed. If you buy the company and assume the debt, you at least maintain control of the IP. Or, alternatively, you let it fail and pick up the IP at auction, but that's way more messy.
But the third option is, get the physical assets out of his hands before the collapse and have the ultimate collectable. The license fails, the deal evaporates and everyone is out their million dollars, but one lucky guy has a flipping game.

Thats why I asked the ? in my last post.It will also be in Canada which could mean something or nothing

#11469 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

It will also be in Canada which could mean something or nothing

It'll be in NW Canada, which is where Bill is.

#11470 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What I don't get is... with the advancements in pin games like PinballArcade now.. and the proven market for it.. why don't these idea people focus on making a VIRTUAL game first...

Some might argue that SkitB abd Jpop did indeed sell a "virtual game"

But, seriously, Ive thought the same thing.... as a Virtual cabinet owner, Ive wondered why they havent leveraged the platform for development, game testing, rules testing, etc.

On a related note, there are also some gifted folks that are creating original designs and tables in that community.... it seems like there might be some room for some cross-over there as well.

#11471 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The license will not be revoked due to the bankruptcy. And at any rate, even if the license was only valid for the next couple weeks, it allows Bill to complete the 1 game, bring it to shows and test the waters to see if it would be worth buying the IP.

#11472 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Quick question:After MG is shown at NW where does this prototype go?
Where will it reside?

Bill & PDXMonkey play a game of MG against each other...winner keeps it.

#11473 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I did the base framework for it, the os and i created the hardware interface to drive the segment displays that it used.

And there's another perfect example of the silo structure. Myself and Eric were talking and working together on some projects, but then another one springs up and John doesn't even mention it to me, so Eric ends up creating a load of stuff which we probably already had in other project areas!! Of course it was only a mockup demo type thing, but still

I hear you on the silo. Zidware was looking for a "hardware/software solution" and talking to us about one since this time last year because P-ROC was "too expensive" and "people kept abandoning him." But reading these comments about hardware/software remind me of Gerry's comments made somewhere about someone ripping off his work after getting his support. Of course at the time I thought it was a jab at us, but later learned he was referring to someone else who was ACTUALLY making hardware to take advantage of the software in the P-ROC community and cut Gerry's controller out of the BOM. Which even though I know Gerry has zero love for what FAST is doing and we are accused all the time of "ripping off P-ROC", I still think it's a shitty move to try and take advantage of the P-ROC communities willingness to help in software developement with the assumption it would be run on a P-ROC, only to target other hardware with it in the end. Just bad business and not how you treat people.

I knew based on Eric's posts on Pinside that he had been involved to some degree at some period of time, but didn't learn of applejuice's involvement (though at the time it was just as an unnamed developer) until after our visit last fall.

I am glad to hear that applejuice had a flipping game a long time ago because it is truly not hard to do. I never understood why getting a "flipping whitewood" was being treated like a major milestone. In reality it's the "I can work on a pinball game!" minimum requirement for for saying so. This is why I was so confused about the game supposedly not flipping yet. I told John to send us a playfield. Not because we were unwilling to go out to his shop, it just wasn't necessary. We had left hardware with John when in Chicago and yet were never connected to people doing the actual integration work. I can talk someone through getting a flipping white wood going with our FAST hardware over the phone in a few mins, so it would have been so easy.

Bleh. Over and over again, we have learned how much more effort was put into making it harder for people to be productive on these games than actually than just coordinating their development. All John had to do at any time was just stand back and say "this is my team!" and just let everyone do their work. He could have coasted on that for years and years and been the rockstar he wanted to.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#11474 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In that case it's Monkeys...he's a damn good player.

#11475 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

John may have paid himself a handsome Salary and used our funds to build a Kiss Prototype amongst other things, that were illegal.

Running the business (even poorly) or building other products with revenue they took in on promises of future deliverables is not illegal. Stupid and destined to fail.. yes. Illegal? No

JPOP can argue he is part of an elite handful of people in the world with the experience to do this kind of work - with a resume including the industry greats. He's doing this full time... do you think a judge wouldn't agree he couldn't pay himself an elite salary?

You'd have a pretty high standard to cross to paint his actions as criminal or not inline with the corporation's interests.

#11476 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or they could just smack each other with stacks of money, loser is whoever passes out first.

#11477 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ice, you should rename this thread and put John's full name in the title for the search engines.

It's not 2004 anymore guys... page rank is way more balanced than simply having the name in the URL and/or repeating the name a dozen times (like someone did in the skit-B thread... amazing)

having the thread linked everywhere is far more weighty. So tell everyone to link their facebook pages, blogs, etc.

#11478 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Running the business (even poorly) or building other products with revenue they took in on promises of future deliverables is not illegal. Stupid and destined to fail.. yes. Illegal? No
JPOP can argue he is part of an elite handful of people in the world with the experience to do this kind of work - with a resume including the industry greats. He's doing this full time... do you think a judge wouldn't agree he couldn't pay himself an elite salary?
You'd have a pretty high standard to cross to paint his actions as criminal or not inline with the corporation's interests.

True enough, but paying oneself a very high salary, and selling games that you know won't get into people's hands, is not only 100% wrong, no matter who's moral compass you are looking at, it's fraudulent.

#11479 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is he closing down the 4000 sq ft double-wide art & garbage storage facility, oh I mean shop? Is the production moving to more appropriate location?

The sooner that stops leeching cash the better.

I like snarky ben

Quoted from fastpinball:

reading these comments about hardware/software remind me of Gerry's comments made somewhere about someone ripping off his work after getting his support. Of course at the time I thought it was a jab at us, but later learned he was referring to someone else who was ACTUALLY making hardware to take advantage of the software in the P-ROC community and cut Gerry's controller out of the BOM. Which even though I know Gerry has zero love for what FAST is doing and we are accused all the time of "ripping off P-ROC", I still think it's a shitty move to try and take advantage of the P-ROC communities willingness to help in software developement with the assumption it would be run on a P-ROC, only to target other hardware with it in the end. Just bad business and not how you treat people

John was on the Proc forums for a while, fishing for information (and volunteers)
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=628

#11480 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If it is JPop scrubbing off the data what he is doing may be considered spoilation of evidence.

Or put another way... taking product off your webpage you no longer are promoting.. or stop promoting things you are no longer actively engaged in. Removing stale advertising is not destruction of evidence.

Sometimes this site likes to make monumental leaps in the 'consequences' of things that could never ever hold up to scrutiny.

#11481 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

True enough, but paying oneself a very high salary, and selling games that you know won't get into people's hands, is not only 100% wrong, no matter who's moral compass you are looking at, it's fraudulent.

Is it ? I am being serious. Lets say I start a legit company. I ask money for a game that will be delivered in 2 years. Lets assume I raise 2 million. I get a big office, pay myself a reasonable salary (80k a year) and hire a bunch of expensive programmers. 1 year later the game has completely failed and there is 0 money left. Was is left to show is a few million lines of codes and an alpha state game.

Did I scam people or just had a poor business plan to start with ? What would be criminal of failing a business ? I am not trying to defend JPOP in anyway, but wasn't this mess a failure from the start ?

#11482 8 years ago

Don't worry, THIS is still up:

http://biblepinball.org/

Coming just in time for Rapture!

#11483 8 years ago

I'm going to suggest to Pintasia that as soon as the game is fixed up, ramps, missing parts, etc, you shoot & post a video of a game being played on it. Do this BEFORE you move the game to the west coast.

There is a lot of cynicism and pessimism, for good reason, and a TON of pressure of debuting the game at this show. If the game can be shown playing before you bring it to the show, it will take some of the pressure off of expectations.

It seems like a recipe for disaster to keep things on the down low this last week, and if the show doesn't go 100% perfectly it will be another shit storm.

And if you can't shoot a good video, then what's the point of bringing it to the show? It'll just be a clusterF again.

#11484 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Is it ? I am being serious. Lets say I start a legit company. I ask money for a game that will be delivered in 2 years. Lets assume I raise 2 million. I get a big office, pay myself a reasonable salary (80k a year) and hire a bunch of expensive programmers. 1 year later the game has completely failed and there is 0 money left. Was is left to show is a few million lines of codes and an alpha state game.
Did I scam people or just had a poor business plan to start with ? What would be criminal of failing a business ? I am not trying to defend JPOP in anyway, but wasn't this mess a failure from the start ?

Happens all the time. Kickstarters fail like that on a daily basis. People funded a startup that wasn't successful, they didn't order games.

#11485 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

I've been thinking the same.

The big difference with SkitB is he actively misled and misrepresented the license issue. This might not be so clearcut.

Back when the SkitB issue was hot I recall chatting with a friend who works in the local DA's office... I explained some of the issue and he was FAR more incredulous that so many people would ship off money (some writing checks!) to SkitB then he was at SkitB's failure.

Guess he just doesn't understand pinball economics...

#11486 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Forgive my ignorance, but if Yeti, applejuice, GLM, and the other contractors were never paid for their work, does Zidware actually own any rights to its use? Can Zidware use or license out their work without compensating the contractors? In the construction world, at the very least the contractor could place a lien on the goods.
It seems unjust if that is the case.

Ok, let's put it this way.. your construction company is building an office building. If you failed to pay one of your employees, does that employee have the right to lay claim to the building because you didn't pay him? No

When you are building, you are not the employee... you are providing a service/product on terms of payment/delivery. (you also have explicit laws protecting your business from nonpayment) When you are a employee (even contracted) you are working for the employer, not yourself. Virtually all employment agreements include clauses that say the company owns everything you do or think of while employed. The difference would be is if these guys built stuff as their own company and then sold the RESULT to zidware.. then they'd be more like a supplier who didn't get paid. But if they were building things as contract employees.. or did not define explicit ownership rights/licensing rights.. payment is moot. They were working for zidware, on zidware's product, under zidware's direction.

#11487 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

It's a failed business. The problem lies more in the deceit and coverup of the state of the games these past couple of years, promises of "reveals", terrible customer service, lack of transparency, etc.

There was probably a way for John to fail with some grace and understanding. That went out the window some time ago.

#11488 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to suggest to Pintasia that as soon as the game is fixed up, ramps, missing parts, etc, you shoot & post a video of a game being played on it. Do this BEFORE you move the game to the west coast.
There is a lot of cynicism and pessimism, for good reason, and a TON of pressure of debuting the game at this show. If the game can be shown playing before you bring it to the show, it will take some of the pressure off of expectations.
It seems like a recipe for disaster to keep things on the down low this last week, and if the show doesn't go 100% perfectly it will be another shit storm.
And if you can't shoot a good video, then what's the point of bringing it to the show? It'll just be a clusterF again.

I think they can just set the bar low. "Come see MG in its current state." They aren't pledging to have the game done or anything. Whether Pintasia's plans work out or not, at least there has been the flood of new information about the state of things.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#11489 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What I don't get is... with the advancements in pin games like PinballArcade now.. and the proven market for it.. why don't these idea people focus on making a VIRTUAL game first... get the concept, desirability, rules, art, etc all done and proven.. THEN take on the 'pinball is hard' portion of physically making games.
Yes, Yes, I know.. you can't design the same kinds of games without physically playing them... but you sure can build a game that plays well virtually, and you can prove it without huge amounts of capital costs. Then go and refine the game into an even BETTER physically playing game when you prototype it and take it onwards towards production.
MMR was less risky because.. it was MM! It was a known commodity. We hear a common number about taking a million dollars to bring a game through development... surely it doesn't take a million dollars to create a virtual pin.
Flush out the concept, make some money selling it recouping your costs, then shop it to be physically produced. Yes, the virtual pins will cannibalize SOME of your market potential... but its not going to displace your potential.

Stay Tuned

#11490 8 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I think they can just set the bar low. "Come see MG in its current state."

What is that current state? The faster we know it the better. Because if we wait for the show, and there's a lot of "all this for THAT?", there is probably no recovery from that.

Expectations have been repeatedly set HIGH because we've been told time and time again from people "inside" that the game is "near complete", yada yada.. So if it's anything less than that, that better be disclosed quick as a way of getting ahead of another shit storm.

#11491 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Really? You've concluded that the explanation requiring the fewest number of assumptions is that Bill is investing tons of time and money finishing Magic Girl and dragging it (and Zombie Yeti) half way across the country not in a desperate (and likely doomed) attempt to get the game into actual production, but instead in a needlessly convoluted false manufacturing scheme whose sole purpose is to create for himself a one-of-a-kind collector's item, and simultaneously make him a pariah in the pinball community? I'm not sure that the application of cold logic inexorably leads to that result ...

Think this through again -- if all Bill wanted was a personal copy of Magic Girl, here's what he'd do: pay JPop a few grand for a non-exclusive license to make a single copy of the game, including copies of all the necessary art files, code and schematics (JPop almost certainly would have gone for this given his money problems). Then sit back and have a copy built at his leisure with no worries about having assets sucked back into the nearly inevitable bankruptcy. Much cheaper and easier than the scheme you've attributed to him.

#11492 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What is that current state? The faster we know it the better. Because if we wait for the show, and there's a lot of "all this for THAT?", there is probably no recovery from that.

Expectations have been repeatedly set HIGH because we've been told time and time again from people "inside" that the game is "near complete", yada yada.. So if it's anything less than that, that better be disclosed quick as a way of getting ahead of another shit storm.

And let's not forget.... this is a game that still has a $16k price tag on it.

#11493 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And let's not forget.... this is a game that still has a $16k price tag on it.

...and a plan that expects all RAZA and AIW buyers to fork over more money to get in on the $16k game they didn't order. I still don't see how the these people are going to get any satisfaction from hanging in with Pintasia's plan....that's 100+ people out of a huge sum of money, and they're not going to let Jplop get away with it.

#11494 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Being 'wrong' is not fraudulent. If his intent all along (even if making poor judgements) is to build the games.. it's not fraud to fail to deliver them. He didn't setup a fake company to dupe people into giving him money. He convinced people to give him money to make his visions real.

Taking orders even when the company is on the ropes.. could be argued as legit as well. The company needs more revenue to stay afloat.. so why not take the revenue if it can be argued it will legitimately help the company reach the goal to generate more revenue.

The worst angle he is probably exposed on is the lack of transparency and if there were factors that he failed to disclose that would have made the business no longer viable and instead was taking money to help himself vs the company. But again, a very high barrier to cross.

We must remember we are dealing with terms here that have legal definitions and standards.

Failed businesses - even poorly ran ones - do not equate to fraud.

Good neighbor? Common Good? "the right thing"? - certainly none of these... but founder that runs his business right into the wall.. even if he accidentally steered into the wall.. is not fraud simply because he failed.

#11495 8 years ago

blegh

#11496 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

well pintasia has only said 'flippable' - and we've seen what code Jim has done previously. It shouldn't be that hard for level headed people to understand it's not going to be much more than a flippable whitewood with basic scoring... but instead this whitewood has art and inserts. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

We've all well established John has no credibility... so why would anyone work their expectations up over what he's said? Only the people that WANT to be riled up. Manage your own expectations... don't demand someone else do it for you.

#11497 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Even though most people aren't expecting a finished game, I'd imagine for some (even as forgiving as pinball folk are), that nothing is ever going to live up to the expectations of a mass produced 16k game that took 4 years to develop. Remember when duke nukem forever came out 12 years later? Everyone hated the rushed programming with linear levels, and there were competition games that were far deeper and more detailed (with better loading times). It was in the bargain bin for $5 after only being out a few months.

#11498 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Yes, I am being serious. I did not say anything in my post about criminal. I stated wrong and fraudulent. From what we have heard here, john was trying to sell pins, he knew full well he was not going to fulfill. That my friend is 100% wrong. 'Character' is what we in the civil world Judge (rightly or wrongly) people. I would go as far to say, that is one of the few standards we have left. Once we start questioning poor 'character', say goodbye to society, and say hello to chaos. A quick look in the dictionary, indicates that character refers to integrity and honesty. There is quite a bit of evidence lately that would indicate that not much 'character' has been shown. If society says stealing things (taking something, but not providing the goods paid for) is not wrong, I would say that is a problem. John may not have started out that way, and he may be a terrible businessman, which he has admitted to, but his behaviors in the tail end of this fiasco, is very telling. I am all about forgiveness, and if I had lost thousands, I would be very upset, but I would end up forgiving John, if he was remorseful. People can change. So can John, but at this point in time, I would not trust him. I would feel sorry for him. He would have to earn back trust. Lots of people are fraudulent, dishonest, and are not in jail. What the judicial system is willing to go after people for, and what is truth, is totally different. That's a whole different subject, I won't get into here. Forgiveness is a big deal. The faster people here forgive John, they will be happier for it. Holding onto grudges will only affect the person who holds onto that grudge. that's my 2 cents. It won't be easy to forgive either. It's like building pinball machines...it's hard.

#11499 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The intentional scrubbing means Jpop is well underway towards bankruptcy filings.
Yet another reason to ACT now, file a complaint and contact your lawyer ASAP!!!!

I know you mean well and are trying to protect Zidware customers given your experience with Predator, but I'm afraid that you're once again giving suspect legal advice. If a Zidware/JPop bankruptcy is imminent, which seems pretty likely to me too, then there's no obvious benefit in rushing to pay a lawyer to get a civil complaint filed. Bankruptcy "pauses" almost all pending civil cases anyway, so you'd be out your legal costs and in no better position than buyers that just wait to file a proof of claim with the bankruptcy court.

#11500 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know you mean well and are trying to protect Zidware customers given your experience with Predator, but I'm afraid that you're once again giving suspect legal advice. If Zidware/JPop bankruptcy is imminent, which seems pretty likely to me too, then there's no obvious benefit in rushing to pay a lawyer to get a civil complaint filed. Bankruptcy "pauses" almost all pending civil cases anyway, so you'd be out your legal costs and in no better position than buyers that just wait to file a proof of claim with the bankruptcy court.

If you want to try and stop the removal of assets (obviously already occuring) then the quicker you act, the better.

If you want to start the greater eye of scrutiny on this liscense 'deal' between jpop and pintasia then the quicker the better.

There are LOTS of reasons that it is worthwhile to pay a couple hunder to have a claim started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.