(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 491.
#10801 8 years ago

Anyone else notice the Magic Girl cab is on a rug?

Rug Reveal and "Labowski" is where I stopped caring about John. The misspelling indicated he had no clue what that license was about and thought people just wanted games on rugs and bowling (Pussycat Bowling anyone?) It also shows reactionary, not creative, thinking.

Any real businessperson with about one month left to save their company would be working on Memorial Day. It isn't some stupid Disney movie where Tim Allen learns to be a good dad by making the baseball game. Going bankrupt and getting sued is a much worse fate for someone's family.

#10802 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm guessing you working 14 hour days 7 days a week is simply not true.

Dudes, come on - it *is* a holiday. Jplop wouldn't want to get chewed out from Zidware Union Rep Jplop.

#10803 8 years ago

Hey, members of the Facebook Owners group (I am not on facebook):

Bill tells me he's posting pics there, and they are not "NDA", they are for the public. He just doesn't have the time to be on pinside dealing with this thread, but everything is free for reposting here or anywhere else. So please post any new pics, thanks.

Apparently there are new photos of all missing parts that are coming together to get the game ready for this NW show.

#10804 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He just doesn't have the time to be on pinside dealing with this thread

So he's pulling the same bullshit as Popaduik and claiming he doesn't have five minutes to post some photos here? It's just as easy to post photos here as on Facebook.

Or maybe he only cares about getting the owners to not sue?

#10805 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Anyone else notice the Magic Girl cab is on a rug?
Rug Reveal and "Labowski" is where I stopped caring about John. The misspelling indicated he had no clue what that license was about and thought people just wanted games on rugs and bowling (Pussycat Bowling anyone?)

I've never thought about that! Wow, he really is oblivious to what the rug reveal and the Lubowski effect really means. Amazing.

As for not being at work today; not as big of deal as the story the pictures of his place tell. Looks like no work has been done for 2 years! Maybe 14/7 means 14 minutes out of 7 months?

#10806 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

My 3 payments for Raza where all by check.
My 1 payment for AIW was by PayPal in 2014.

If you, and any others, paid via paypal using your credit card, you should immediately file for a charge-back. Many victims of Skit-B were able to get full or partial refunds this way.

You'll need to open a dispute with paypal first, but if the pp dispute fails you can then take it to your cc company.

People who paid with Amex seem to have the greatest chance of success.

#10807 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Both. He's been lying to his vendors...clearly they thought they were getting paid, but he wouldn't pay up. He's been lying to the buyers..."It's almost done, it's just about here, big reveal coming soon"...nothing. The fact that he was still trying to take money a few weeks ago while ignoring almost everyone else - that says it all. John has a problem with what he perceives as "being annoyed" - completely forgetting that these people are his vendors and customers. He has no empathy or any ability to see around his own childlike emotions.

Wow.. I had no idea it was that bad... been taking a lot of time trying to catch up in this huge trainwreck of a thread.

My nature is to not immediately believe someone can be so ridiculously self-absorbed and sociopathic as to continually lie and take peoples' money. It just makes my skin crawl so I don't want to believe it, but it looks like there's ample evidence. I haven't had any personal dealings with him except awhile back I talked with him about a project and as soon as I mentioned there was no up front money until something was underway, he didn't even bother replying. I guess that's no surprise.

#10808 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm curious, since some people have said they don't want any part of MG at 16k with 199 of those, and don't want a stripped down 10k version, is there anybody in the group that IS willing to go for the 16k version of MG?
Not talking about the current paid up MG people, the RAZA and AIW folks?
Maybe after all the dust settles there will actually only be 50 or so 16k MG's made if Bill can pull it off.
How about the resale market and product support?
How much of the pinball market is automatically removed as a buyer now and in the future for resale just because Jpop did it?

If the code and game is fantastic, maybe some people will jump on the $10k model. I for one, am out on the $16k model. I could be in for a 10k model, but the code would have to be good, and the game has to be fun to play.

#10809 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hey, members of the Facebook Owners group (I am not on facebook):
Bill tells me he's posting pics there, and they are not "NDA", they are for the public. He just doesn't have the time to be on pinside dealing with this thread, but everything is free for reposting here or anywhere else. So please post any new pics, thanks.
Apparently there are new photos of all missing parts that are coming together to get the game ready for this NW show.

Meh...nothing too exciting to see. He pulled some strings to get the ramps done over the weekend. That was the biggest "assembly" development.

#10810 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He just doesn't have the time to be on pinside dealing with this thread

Yeah, this thread shouldn't really be of any concern to him.

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

#10811 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

At the very least, file a complaint as it may give Bill more leverage to work out a better deal with John. I'm sure the conditions John demanded are in that letter. If this hammer falls, Bill may be able to propose a new deal. John may need Bill and a bailout to avoid jail.
I think we would all like to see this move forward without John involved. The only way to do that, is to file the complaint and give Bill leverage to restructure a better deal, in hopes the prosecution is lenient on John. Not having Bill to bail John out with a solution may put John in jail.
So I'm asking everyone to file the complaint
https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

Again. Everyone needs to file a complaint.

#10812 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

If you, and any others, paid via paypal using your credit card, you should immediately file for a charge-back. Many victims of Skit-B were able to get full or partial refunds this way.

Unfortunately, almost all of the RAZA payments were made via checks. I don't know about MG or AIW, since I was not in on either of those.

#10813 8 years ago

Nice how John won't show his owners anything yet he can't even bother to throw a cover over his blueprints. LoL I bet Bally/williams didn't opperate like this.

#10814 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To be clear Cheesiv, I was critical and insulting WAY before my conversations with him, since Expo.
He knew that and we talked about. His unwillingness to disclose financials to me had zip to do with building trust.
In fact, if I wanted to consider being an "investor" he would happily open it up.
Well, Bill found out the state of affairs and the carnage that is left

That is true. =)

Look, like you said, it was a no win and here we are.

#10815 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Yeah, this thread shouldn't really be of any concern to him.
Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Well, I didn't mean to be speaking for him or put words into his mouth. Obviously he's posted in this thread recently.

My intention was just to make clear that the secrecy of the old ways is over and people should post the pics here if they aren't here.

#10816 8 years ago
#10817 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

FYI no PFs in those cabs...

Same story, just artwork and empty cabs.

#10818 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I didn't mean to be speaking for him or put words into his mouth. Obviously he's posted in this thread recently.
My intention was just to make clear that the secrecy of the old ways is over and people should post the pics here if they aren't here.

Unless I missed them (and I'm in the group), there just aren't any new pics that are fundamentally different from anything we've all seen before.

#10819 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Wow.. I had no idea it was that bad... been taking a lot of time trying to catch up in this huge trainwreck of a thread.
My nature is to not immediately believe someone can be so ridiculously self-absorbed and sociopathic as to continually lie and take peoples' money. It just makes my skin crawl so I don't want to believe it, but it looks like there's ample evidence. I haven't had any personal dealings with him except awhile back I talked with him about a project and as soon as I mentioned there was no up front money until something was underway, he didn't even bother replying. I guess that's no surprise.

You got off lucky by being ignored. You must have "annoyed" him....I know this thread is HUUUUGE but it's all in here if you care to read about it - vendors, programmers, the artist - all have come out and told stories about how they haven't been paid for competed work and when they try to talk to John about it, he ignores them or brushes them off. Any time there is even a hit of question or criticism, John seems to shut down - he becomes the victim....people are annoying him, taking to take him down, don't understand that he's working 24/7, causing "great harm" as he put it. He is either nefarious or mentally ill. My guess is the latter.

#10820 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-734.jpgimage-734.jpg
#10821 8 years ago

So is that the infamous center spiral ramp? The one that is supposed to be very difficult to fabricate?

#10822 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Understood. My eye rolling was not meant for you.

#10823 8 years ago

Looks like all the ramps. Slap them in the game!

This is what they need to do. Show any and everything positive and remove questions like "what about the middle of the ramp?"

#10824 8 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I really CANNOT WAIT until the MG reveal at the "out west" show. The way I see it, no matter what happens, it's a total WIN-WIN. It's the most I've looked forward to anything in this mess for a long time.

I've viewed my money as gone for months now. This latest development was just more of a kick in the ass confirming it than I was expecting. That said, there are 2 outcomes from MG at the show:

1. Reaction is amazing, people love it, and there is actually some renewed hope that this thing can be resurrected and we might get our money out of it. Would be nice, but unlikely.

2. The reaction is somewhere between "we've waiting all this time for THIS?!?!" and "what a POS!"

Reaction 2 would surely spell the official end of this fiasco, but honestly, would there be a bigger, more satisfying kick in the nuts to John than his masterpiece game's moment in the sun being doused by negative feedback on the game itself?

He's so used to everyone oohing and aahing over his stuff, I have to admit, it would be refreshing, in a childlike, "take that John" kind of way.

So, there is either a glimmer of hope, or John's game flops. Either one would be the best news in this thread in a long time.

#10825 8 years ago

I thought he had some sort of innovative, patentable method of making ramps that would revolutionize the industry?

I guess I shouldn't crap on progress. But still...

#10826 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is what they need to do. Show any and everything positive and remove questions like "what about the middle of the ramp?"

The announcement of the deal was botched, John shouldn't have written it or proposed it, including the legal document was a mistake, it was premature to include information and pricing for any games or pricing of switching, etc.

It is more clear today what is happening... Bill is a legit 3rd party, and there is a hustle going on that we've never seen to get these games showable in under 2 weeks.

I'm glad this show is on the calendar, a forced deadline.

All we can do is watch what happens now.

#10827 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Try and find a supporter of John's beyond StevenP

PDXMonkey

#10828 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

No one there...tinted windows make for bad photos

Hmm, I see he sold the jokerz! I sold him, unless he took that home. Probably came out of the zidware budget.

Quoted from jwilson:

Well, he could be in the back workshop polishing the vents on the back of his cabinet or trying different coloured circuit boards to see which one has the most Feng-shui.

I believe all the parking is in front, and since the parking lot is empty, I'd say nobody is there

#10829 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The announcement of the deal was botched, John shouldn't have written it or proposed it, including the legal document was a mistake, it was premature to include information and pricing for any games or pricing of switching, etc.
It is more clear today what is happening... Bill is a legit 3rd party, and there is a hustle going on that we've never seen to get these games showable in under 2 weeks.
I'm glad this show is on the calendar, a forced deadline.
All we can do is watch what happens now.

But yet John is not at work. He has a two week deadline and he is not working. This is his only hope to restore any ounce of respect. The show is the last glimmer of any hope and he is not working. I can't stress enough how toxic John is to this project moving forward

John not working today shows how very little he cares. I do not care if it's a holiday or if his cat died, he needs to be working to get this ready for the show. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be another missed deadline.

#10830 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

$10k Magic Girls I think will sell, if it is everything its supposed to be.

#10831 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

But yet John is not at work. He has a two week deadline and he is not working. This is his only hope to restore any ounce of respect. The show is the last glimmer of any hope and he is not working. I can't stress enough how toxic John is to this project.

Can't disagree.

Hopefully StevenP is right and the game is as close to done as we've been told, and the key was getting these ramps fabricated and put in.

Can't imagine they'd schedule the show if they didn't think they could do it, John working 24x7 or not.

#10832 8 years ago

At this point, I'd wager the next "mystery game" was "Apocalypse Now".

#10833 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't disagree.
Hopefully StevenP is right and the game is as close to done as we've been told, and the key was getting these ramps fabricated and put in.
Can't imagine they'd schedule the show if they didn't think they could do it, John working 24x7 or not.

John probably guaranteed them it would be ready and that he would work 24/7 to get it done. It's what he does.

John not working today shows how very little he cares. I do not care if it's a holiday or if his cat died, he needs to be working to get this ready for the show. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be another missed deadline.

#10834 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Agree that the emotion and Monday morning quarterbacking isn't getting us anywhere, but the anger john has fueled must be considered. I seriously doubt I will buy an MG unless it is shipped to me COD. If John gets to speak for an hour and brag about his great innovative designs and his pride that the machine is coming out, I will not buy. I've watched john - he isn't the greatest presenter and really just relied on zombie yeti's art on slides. Put together a real presentation explaining the numbers and convincimg people this will work. This emotion needs to be considered.

I must say, I've been surprised at my occasional high emotional response to reading through (for hours) this thread. It's like the pent-up frustration of 4 years has been released.

We've all said some dumb, sharp things - I certainly have, for which I apologise. But having got this out of my system, I feel in a much better, more objective place. No more worshipping the Jpop, and no more accepting NDA secrecy BS. Transparency and frankness is what is needed. Bill, over to you and Pintasia to make this happen, and for goodness sake, please pay the vendors! Anything that is going to be displayed at NW Show should be paid for. Bill, you claim to be running the show now, not Jpop, so show some non-Jpop ethics and decency please. If you do, it will reap dividends amongst the rest of us. Also suggest you establish regular, detailed communication and 'open the books' to us.

#10835 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't imagine they'd schedule the show if they didn't think they could do it,

I would think that by now, you would know anything is possible with that mental case.

Quoted from hank527:

John not working today shows how very little he cares.

Exactly!!

#10836 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I gotta disagree with this. Are you really saying that the 2 complete layouts, custom parts and lighting designs, music/voicework, new toy designs, etc. are all worth nothing? It will be interesting to see how people compare the MG prototype to AMH in a few weeks, I guess.

This is a rediculous statment. MG had better be 10K better then AMH, which it won't be. You can make a bunch of pretty crap on a game all that you want, that doesn't mean it will be fun. I already know that AMH for 10K less is fun.

#10837 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm curious, since some people have said they don't want any part of MG at 16k with 199 of those, and don't want a stripped down 10k version, is there anybody in the group that IS willing to go for the 16k version of MG?
Not talking about the current paid up MG people, the RAZA and AIW folks?
Maybe after all the dust settles there will actually only be 50 or so 16k MG's made if Bill can pull it off.
How about the resale market and product support?
How much of the pinball market is automatically removed as a buyer now and in the future for resale just because Jpop did it?

16k is about double what the current LE or JJP goes for. Without rarity, or the inclusion of a 1k/night hooker, and considering the taint of the Jpop pedigree, I don't see a market for this game.

#10838 8 years ago

Can I make a prediction? I predict there will not be a fully playable game in 2-3 weeks.

Maybe there will be stuff in the cabinets this time, but not a working pinball machine.

Magic 8 Ball, will there be a Lebowski on the rug reval at NW pinball show?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10839 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-734.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

So how does one cut out the ramps from this plastic molded injection?

#10840 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

That could probably be laser cut I imagine.

#10841 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So much for the working "24/7 seven days a week" theory.
Ben is working today tweaking AMH code.
In the face of all this its good to see there is no sense of urgency here with a show reveal coming up and all.
This has nothing to do with "emotions", with a first time public presentation coming in a couple of weeks you would think it would be all hands on deck.
Thanks for the pics btw!

He probably pulled up and saw someone taking pics and drove away. He might feel it's too risky to show up at the shop now and will probably have to use whatever money is left hiring security. I bet he doesn't leave the blinds open after today. He's probably at the locksmith right now.

locks.jpglocks.jpg
#10842 8 years ago

So really that game is going to be allowed at a show??

This is so TOXIC I would not allow it there but good luck with that. Hire some extra security.

I can easily imagine some stray steel balls being tossed at that game.

#10843 8 years ago

Please Bill, do NOT let John appear at any show. You need and want to put the new MG and its marketing plan in the center ring. But John will be a lightning rod for the disappointment and anger that is out there and your agenda will be lost. Divorce yourself from the ugly past and position yourselves as the best hope for the future. Only then will you have a chance to succeed.

Also, it strikes me as hard to believe that there is much of a market for a $16,000 version of MG, especially given the increased production numbers proposed.

#10844 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That could probably be laser cut I imagine.

plastic isn't hard to trim, just an x-acto knife and a steady hand. However, John said in his blog posting that he did have a laser cutter lined up. He has an in-house laser cutter, but that's meant for flat plastics, not vacuum formed stuff.

#10845 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They'd find something else Ben.. there's no pleasing this angry mob anymore. Even the positive is soured once it hits the pan.

Also perhaps John isn't there because he's in Vancouver talking to Bill? Canada doesn't have today off.

All I'm saying is.. if you're speculating try and consider both versions of that "half glass", people.

#10846 8 years ago

Interesting if John appears.

#10847 8 years ago

Sharks with freaking lasers on their heads

#10848 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yep. Not disagreeing or criticizing. Just trying to point out that things already done can't be undone, and when trying to make the best of a bad situation (like getting these games completed and shipped to those who paid for them), emotions don't help the process.

Apparently even MORE money and another NDA does though, right??

#10849 8 years ago

I'm working on Alien today. Just saying.

#10850 8 years ago

I'm working on a nice red from Argentina. Tasty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.