(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 491.
#9801 8 years ago

Just being a thread lurker and following this shit show since I joined Pinside and I've come to the conclusion that this Iceman guy should just shut up now. Broken record much, guy? Everyone can make their own decision and discuss without you cheerleading for them to lose more money. Over and over with the comment that you can't wait to John to tell everyone to fuck off and claim bankruptcy? Classy.

#9802 8 years ago

Don't sign that paper!!

bartsellshissoul.jpgbartsellshissoul.jpg
#9803 8 years ago

Keep in mind the bulk of the customers are RAZA paid in at $6500.

For either version of MG they need to pay about $9000 more.

$9000 is a very good estimate for BOM + labor of MG.

Once again it's not John's money on the line, or (very much) of the investor's - it's YOURS!

Don't fall for this trick. Time to walk away from the blackjack table.

#9804 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've slept on it. This deal is DOA.
200 people will not pay $16k for a pinball. Let alone all the nonsense of "no sue", 2 credits, waiting years longer for games already 4 years in development, etc.
There's no point delaying the inevitable. Let John go bankrupt. It was a nice thought to try and save us pre-orderers, but there is no saving this. John was the architect of his own demise, wasted our money, and rightly will deserve the shame and ridicule for the rest of his life for what he has done.

Yes, please let this die. Do not sign the agreement. It only restricts your rights. Please remember that there is no investor, only someone who is buying the Magic Girl license. I know I've said this a couple of times before, but read the contract! Zidware is still 100% on the hook for all their liabilities! Signing this gets no one closer to a machine, only further away from being able to do anything about it. This *new deal* is still a crowd funded project, a project that has went no where in 4 years.

#9805 8 years ago

I've been reading this thread with interest. Wow, has it taken off since that bizarre email/proposed new agreement from Jpop!

I paid Jpop $20,245.00 in total- $15,995.00 for MG (full payment) and $4,250.00 towards RAZA. This was mostly via PayPal, but partly via SWIFT bank transfers. Unlike Jpop, I keep rigorous records.

I've probably been one of the more patient pre-orderers, but that ends now. After collating paperwork, I emailed Jpop earlier today with a final request before legal action for a full refund, giving him a deadline of (you'll like this) 1st June. If I get no response, then I'll sue Jpop via Zane D Smith & Associates. I already phoned their offices yesterday, and am in phone and email contact. I believe they had a number of people contact them yesterday about this issue...

Realistically, I'm not optimistic about getting any/much money back, but as a point of principle Mr Popadiuk needs to be held to account for his behaviour, and needs to experience consequences. In addition to the clear breach of contract (not delivering MG by a deadline stated in the contract), it seems highly likely that fraud has been committed, given that $1 million has been spent (on what, exactly?).

I hope that other pre-orderers will do the same as me, and please don't sign that new agreement!

On a personal note, this experience has really poisoned my interest in pinball (I also paid for Predator!), and I think (stating the obvious) that this issue has had a very damaging effect on pinball generally. Shame on John Popadiuk for all of this. I am appalled by his behaviour, which goes far beyond simple incompetence.

#9806 8 years ago

John has lied with every word that comes out of his mouth, now he sais he has no money for refunds and we all believe that?

I seriously doubt he spent all the money and further he does have assets. I am not sure what is considered protected or not, not sure how his company is incorporated. But his assets at the shop include his cabinets, his 3D printer, his computers.

Plus, I'd bet he has other assets that can be reached via bankruptcy.

I just don't believe he has no assets left and that if everyone takes the bait and switches over to the next MG (which I doubt will be made, and if it is made there is NO guarantee that it will play well, it can be the next WWE LE for all we know). So who want's that at this point?

If John want's to avoid chapter 7 (or whatever court ordered liquidation) and I was still on RAZA. I would certainly sue for breach of contract. There is just no way I'd pay extra to move up to a MG.

Maybe MG owners are in a different position. They already wanted MG, they already were planning on a $16k pin. RAZA owners wanted a RAZA, they didn't want to spend $16K.

My advice, especially if you are not in on MG, is to sue John. You can't say he has no money left until he's forced to refund or liquidate.

#9807 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Keep in mind the bulk of the customers are RAZA paid in at $6500.
For either version of MG they need to pay about $9000 more.
$9000 is a very good estimate for BOM + labor of MG.
Once again it's not John's money on the line, or (very much) of the investor's - it's YOURS!
Don't fall for this trick. Time to walk away from the blackjack table.

Very sage advice, Ben. Time to cut the losses.

BTW I just wanted to say how impressed I've been by how honourably you've behaved through all this. I'm a great fan of your hacking shows too

#9808 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I've been reading this thread with interest. Wow, has it taken off since that bizarre email/proposed new agreement from Jpop!
I paid Jpop $20,245.00 in total- $15,995.00 for MG (full payment) and $4,250.00 towards RAZA. This was mostly via PayPal, but partly via SWIFT bank transfers. Unlike Jpop, I keep rigorous records.
I've probably been one of the more patient pre-orderers, but that ends now. After collating paperwork, I emailed Jpop earlier today with a final request before legal action for a full refund, giving him a deadline of (you'll like this) 1st June. If I get no response, then I'll sue Jpop via Zane D Smith & Associates. I already phoned their offices yesterday, and am in phone and email contact. I believe they had a number of people contact them yesterday about this issue...
Realistically, I'm not optimistic about getting any/much money back, but as a point of principle Mr Popadiuk needs to be held to account for his behaviour, and needs to experience consequences. In addition to the clear breach of contract (not delivering MG by a deadline stated in the contract), it seems highly likely that fraud has been committed, given that $1 million has been spent (on what, exactly?).
I hope that other pre-orderers will do the same as me, and please don't sign that new agreement!
On a personal note, this experience has really poisoned my interest in pinball (I also paid for Predator!), and I think (stating the obvious) that this issue has had a very damaging effect on pinball generally. Shame on John Popadiuk for all of this. I am appalled by his behaviour, which goes far beyond simple incompetence.

I fully agree with you.

I got my refund 6 months ago, I was not as patient as all you guys. I was feeling hinky about John for a long while. Several years of posts on his blog of mechanisms and artwork but nothing that looked like a playing pin. I figured at best he was still several years out. At the worse, I figured that he was where he really is.

I said above, John has lied every step of the way. Now he sais he's broke and we're supposed to believe that?

I don't know what type of incorporation his company is he personally may be liable for the damages he caused, he has not opened his books but this is not just a case of being a poor businessman it's a case of reckless and deliberate fraud same as Kevin.

I believe his leasing a large complex was totally wrong and reckless. He should have noticed that burning many thousands of dollars a month for the number of months he was letting pass that the numbers didn't add up.

I am sure he has known for a long while that his numbers didn't add up and also that he was dicking around for 4 years and still has no prototype. And yet he still goes on collecting for AIW?

You guys may know me, I rarely (almost never) speak bad of anyone. But John is a complete and total S___Bag and a total P_S.

#9809 8 years ago

I can totally understand being soured by this. The sad part is if it does sour you on pinball on a whole. Pinball is still the most wonderful hobby you can have. It's still filled with great people for the most part. This situation will never happen again in this form, it's dead, no one will hopefully have to go through it again. Just remember it's John that has soured you not this awesome game

#9810 8 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I can totally understand being soured by this. The sad part is if it does sour you on pinball on a whole. Pinball is still the most wonderful hobby you can have. It's still filled with great people for the most part. This situation will never happen again in this form, it's dead, no one will hopefully have to go through it again. Just remember it's John that has soured you not this awesome game

I'm in the same boat, overall soured on the hobby right now. Between this shitshow and Jack acting like a secretive d-bag about the delays on Hobbit (another pre-order I have) I'm just fed up. I don't even want to look at the ToTAN or CV that I own. I have half a mind to burn them in the Zidware parking lot to show John what I really think of him. I'm closer to liquidating my collection and getting out of the hobby than I have ever been. Just has not been fun for a while now. Sad!

#9811 8 years ago

This has scarred me from pre-orders, but I had a lot of fun playing my TWD LE last night with code update.

#9812 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wow. Jesus. All along I just assumed John was a goofy 'artistic type' that wasn't really malicious with any of this and actually thought he'd be able to get the games done when he started -- but to actually tell someone to send in money for a new order after all that has come to light is unbelievable.

Exactly! I've had it with listening to people say he's just a really bad business man. Nobody could run a business into the ground this badly, not even an imbecile. A 12 year old could manage money better. This guy has lied and schemed from the onset of this. This is nothing short of criminal and he's still trying to play people. The guy deserves to lose everything.
And there are people still wanting to play along just to get their rare pin. Damn I'm in the wrong line of work.

#9813 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm in the same boat, overall soured on the hobby right now. Between this shitshow and Jack acting like a secretive d-bag about the delays on Hobbit (another pre-order I have) I'm just fed up. I don't even want to look at the ToTAN or CV that I own. I have half a mind to burn them in the Zidware parking lot to show John what I really think of him. I'm closer to liquidating my collection and getting out of the hobby than I have ever been. Just has not been fun for a while now. Sad!

I'm feeling the same way, except I have no Jpop pins to burn. I'm really trying to be patient thinking if I sell all of my pins I might regret it down the road. I can't even enjoy playing them anymore without thinking of the butt load of cash I literally threw away. It's sickening really.

#9814 8 years ago

it is fraud , it was fraud , just plain fraud

#9815 8 years ago

Iceman44 has lost all credibility with me. Sounds almost like he is getting paid to spew this crap.

#9816 8 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I'm feeling the same way, except I have no Jpop pins to burn. I'm really trying to be patient thinking if I sell all of my pins I might regret it down the road. I can't even enjoy playing them anymore without thinking of the butt load of cash I literally threw away. It's sickening really.

The whole hobby just feel different to me. Scammers selling vaporware machines (although wayne-o is an old school version of this phenomenon), other vendors obscuring the truth and treating people like dicks when they ask legit questions about delays (JJP), etc, etc. Even this place has turned sour in so many ways. This place used to be much more upbeat. I left RGP to come here because everyone there turned into jaded asshats. Have they all come here? More negativity here than is constructive.

There's some exciting stuff on the horizon with Heighway and hopefully P3, I just don't know if I care any more. We'll see.

Maybe watching John get drawn and quartered will lift my spirits?

#9817 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I fully agree with you.
I got my refund 6 months ago, I was not as patient as all you guys. I was feeling hinky about John for a long while. Several years of posts on his blog of mechanisms and artwork but nothing that looked like a playing pin. I figured at best he was still several years out. At the worse, I figured that he was where he really is.
I said above, John has lied every step of the way. Now he sais he's broke and we're supposed to believe that?
I don't know what type of incorporation his company is he personally may be liable for the damages he caused, he has not opened his books but this is not just a case of being a poor businessman it's a case of reckless and deliberate fraud same as Kevin.
I believe his leasing a large complex was totally wrong and reckless. He should have noticed that burning many thousands of dollars a month for the number of months he was letting pass that the numbers didn't add up.
I am sure he has known for a long while that his numbers didn't add up and also that he was dicking around for 4 years and still has no prototype. And yet he still goes on collecting for AIW?
You guys may know me, I rarely (almost never) speak bad of anyone. But John is a complete and total S___Bag and a total P_S.

I'm interested in how you managed to get a refund when no else could. I've been trying for months with no response.

#9818 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I paid Jpop $20,245.00 in total- $15,995.00 for MG (full payment) and $4,250.00 towards RAZA. mostly via PayPal

First, condolences.

Second, I would direct you to the parallel SkitB thread, specifically, many of those that were similarly scammed have had success reversing charges with pp/their funding CC companies - even though the charges occurred pretty far in the past.

An earlier post quoted John as asking for paypal payment as recently as 10 days ago, so it's certainly feasible that account is still active....

You may have already covered all this ground, but wanted to mention it had you (wisely) avoided that train wreck....

#9819 8 years ago

WOW, just wow.

It's really hard to believe it has all come to this...and this is the second time something like this has happened in the last few months.

I hope the pre-order folks get something back out.

Geesh.

#9820 8 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I'm interested in how you managed to get a refund when no else could. I've been trying for months with no response.

I was hesitant to say earlier, I didn't want to be called out by Jpop loyalists saying that I was trying to bring down the project. I had posted on the Jpop blog some critical posts like Frolic and some people would say just leave John alone he's working hard etc..

So for a very long time maybe a year plus I was disillusioned with John. I mean his posts about mechs and art were fun in the beginning but around 2013-14 I thought he should have had a real playable pin of both MG and RAZA. So I was posting to John what's the deal are you just farting around? We need to see progress all this minutia is killing me.

So I was beating around the bush with John since before the Expo but he said the Expo would have a nice reveal.

Immediately after Expo I sent him this:

-----

John,

I want to say, how many people were very let down about the expo, it was my belief that you were going to show some serious progress towards a finished game or two. When we saw pictures of the empty cabinets, this is not what I consider serious progress. Also, it was said that you showed the back glass art for a second but put it quickly away so no one could take a picture of it. I hope you can see this is not seen in a positive light.

People are beginning to get seriously worried if the games will ever be made, people are trying to sell their spots or get refunds, it's very hard to sell a spot when no one wants to buy, and the reason is because you are not showing us anything. I hear the shop tour is great, but guess what? Most can't make the tour, why can't you show us what you show the shop tour people? We signed NDA just like people on tour.

I want to ask if you are going to give us more info, more timely production or the option to get a refund because this is way beyond the original timeline as in way past and still no flipping prototype.

------

John replied back that he wanted to invite me to his shop and show me around.

I said, no thanks, give me my pin or give me my money back. After that, I began to email him and text him every day to see what the status of my refund was. Myself and another pinsider sent him a certified demand letter this was around December 2014 and finally he sent us a refund early 2015.

#9821 8 years ago

I just want to know what some of you people do for a living that $24,000 can be sent to someone without anything but a promise and a reputation. I'm doing it wrong obviously

#9822 8 years ago

Were just the stupid ones that do no due diligence and just give our money away this is why we can do this in the first place

Quoted from Roostking:

I just want to know what some of you people do for a living that $24,000 can be sent to someone without anything but a promise and a reputation. I'm doing it wrong obviously

#9823 8 years ago

Pinside has played a part in all this. It has helped facilitate two of the largest scams in pinball history. Something should change.

#9824 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

yes looking back it's easy. It's almost like the frogs in the boiling water. John asked for $1000, followed by $750 followed by $1750 (etc..). It's not as if most people were paying $24K at one time.

But looking back it it's easier to say it was not smart. but at the time and when the timeline was near (like 2013 I believe) it was more like people were paying they thought for pins that were imminent. (much like The Hobbit, I might add).

People were more confident at the beginning and as the months became years and there was not any prototype, then people might have got freaked out. But, John had inserted a clause that you could only get a refund in the first 90 days or some horsehsit and after that time, you get a refund when John sells you spot again. It's much like Predator, when there was a waiting list you could get a refund and the next owner gets screwed. In fact I took over someone else's spot originally.

So by the time people got fed up with Jpoop they thought they couldn't get a refund.

When I first asked for a refund, he sent me a letter, I was supposed to sign this letter stating I was giving up my spot, and I would agree to the terms that I would get my refund when John sold my spot.

I emailed John and said, not only am I not signing that letter, I am going to wipe my ass with that letter. I said keep your letter and give me my refund or see you in court.

#9825 8 years ago

Here are the attorney's details in case anyone wants to join the class action for breach of contract

Zane D. Smith & Associates, Ltd.
415 North LaSalle Street, Suite 501
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 245-0031
(312) 245-0022 Fax
[email protected]

#9826 8 years ago

I myself just blame my beautiful addiction to pinball

#9827 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Pinside has played a part in all this. It has helped facilitate two of the largest scams in pinball history. Something should change.

I think the best statement so far! opps read it wrong

#9828 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

yes looking back it's easy. It's almost like the frogs in the boiling water. John asked for $1000, followed by $750 followed by $1750 (etc..). It's not as if most people were paying $24K at one time.
But looking back it it's easier to say it was not smart. but at the time and when the timeline was near (like 2013 I believe) it was more like people were paying they thought for pins that were imminent. (much like The Hobbit, I might add).
People were more confident at the beginning and as the months became years and there was not any prototype, then people might have got freaked out. But by that point, John had smartly inserted a clause that you could only get a refund in the first 90 days or some horsehsit and after that time, you get a refund when John sells you spot again. It's much like Predator, when there was a waiting list you could get a refund and the next owner gets screwed. In fact I took over someone else's spot originally.
So by the time people got fed up with Jpoop they thought they couldn't get a refund.
When I first asked for a refund, he sent me a letter, I was supposed to sign this letter stating I was giving up my spot, and I would agree to the terms that I would get my refund when John sold my spot.
I emailed John and said, not only am I not signing that letter, that letter is a farce. I said refund or see you in court.

One thing that has really bugged me in this whole process is Jpop's use of bloody legal agreements! Ooh we're having so much arty, rebellious, creative fun. Now sign here. Yep, and there. That's it, just one more there. Now let's parteeeeee!

What a muppet.

#9829 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Here are the attorney's details in case anyone wants to join the class action for breach of contract
Zane D. Smith & Associates, Ltd.
415 North LaSalle Street, Suite 501
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 245-0031
(312) 245-0022 Fax
[email protected]

this is the most open shut case of breach of contract.

#9830 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Yeah blame pinside, like John. Idiot.

#9831 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Something should change, alright, but not with Pinside. It's pretty clear in my mind where the blame lies in these recent scandals.

#9832 8 years ago

with all the help offered jpop to get these games done, and his constant willingness to not accept it shows me he had/has zero interest in completing these. not paying vendors and trying to accept money from paypal just 10 days ago!!!! shows the true character and hubris of this guy.

this was a cash grab all along and is criminal, he has more money then he is letting on, don't let him off the hook.

in his twisted mind he probably justifies his actions by thinking that these are spoiled rich people that can afford to be out a few grand.

jpop is a criminal and should be held accountable for all the crap he put you guys through.

jplops new digs.jpgjplops new digs.jpg
#9833 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Yeah blame pinside, like John. Idiot.

I understand you don't agree with him but how about not attacking him personally.

#9834 8 years ago

Pinsid

Quoted from rommy:

Let me just make a statement here...
Pinside has never officially endorsed these guys. We never said "go out and throw your money at them" or anything like that. Nor did we censor them. We aren't here to tell people where they should spend their hard earned money. Each person made a conscious decision to place orders as they see fit, and if it was based on information learned from this forum, that's perfectly fine...there are currently over 29,000 pinsiders, and they have a lot of information and opinions.

I understand people are really upset..and looking for places to point fingers. I'm floored by this whole thing too, but folks, Pinside didn't facilitate anything here.

#9835 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

After catching up with this thread I am surprised no one has trademarked JPoop...

That is mine, you cant use it.

#9836 8 years ago

Blaming Pinside is like blaming Facebook for cyber bullying.

People like Kevin Kulek and John Popadiuk acted like criminals and they should be treated that way.

Good intentions or not, they both lied to try and save their own asses and stole a whole lot of money.

Why do I care if I'm not a direct victim?

1. I don't like to see people get taken advantage of, no matter how much or little money they have.

2. Instead of being a man and owning up to it all, he tries to concoct some scheme with legal papers saying you basically have to leave him alone for 4 years? Not to mention that MG is 2 years away and RAZA/AIW are 4-5 years away? "I want my cake and I want to eat it too."

3. I've busted my ass for my entire life to get what little I have. All my life, my ideas and skills have been constrained by money. JPop gets everything necessary to make his dream happen handed to him on a silver platter, and he doesn't take it seriously enough to do it properly? Fuck him.

#9837 8 years ago

Pinside was where concerned owners first started talking, and John now blames for his demise. It's just a forum for both good and bad.

#9838 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All ready for a bombshell ...?
A good friend of mine emailed JPOOP 2 weeks ago asking if he could still buy a AIW.
HE HAD A REPLY IN 9 MINUTES.
(The times show an hour but he sent it from eastern time zone ... Reply was 9 minutes)
JPOOP would have known that he was "in the cart" In NZ, that's called "trading while insolvent" and that's a criminal offense. You can't take people's money when there is no chance of delivering. That's fraud.
Here is the email. Names removed to protect the innocent ...
rd.
On 5/5/15 1:01 PM, ******** wrote:
Is alice in wonderland still being made?
How does one order one?
Thanks
On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:10 PM, John Popadiuk <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,
Yes absolutely. main reveal is here for now. Almost sold out. Currently building the whitewood from this design. To order you would send a Paypal deposit of $4750 ([email protected]). A beautiful piece of illustration and pinball it will be.
http://www.alicepinball.org/chapter2/
John

I gave myself a week break from this thread, as I just couldn't take it anymore...but the above. Oh my god...someone put JPop in jail please. "Almost sold out"...better hurry and let me steal your money should have been what he said.

#9839 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I gave myself a week break from this thread, as I just couldn't take it anymore...but the above. Oh my god...someone put JPop in jail please. "Almost sold out"...better hurry and let me steal your money should have been what he said.

+1,000,000

I think Jpop's email, more than anything, shows the criminal intent here. He is not even slightly repentant for what he has done, and will do it again if given the opportunity.

#9840 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

BACKGROUND
Zidware, Inc. ...The Company is headquartered in a leased facility in
Streamwood, Illinois and has historically operated at a deficit and relied on deposits from
purchasers of machines and shareholder loans to fund its operations....

This is my favorite part - because I have created, purchased, and sold many businesses in the last 25 years. And, yes, I have been burned - particularly to the tune of $3 Million in "shareholder loans."

Let me translate how that works:

1) Invest $3 Million in a business with one owner who controls the cash.

2) Forget to include salary restrictions on that owner when you invest.

3) Owner "pays himself" a huge bonus one week, say $2.5 million.

4) A few days later, the owner deposits $2.4 Million back into the corporate account. This is a shareholder loan to the company.

5) Looking at the monthly numbers (just totals), things look in order. I never notice it.

6) Years go by.

7) You have a buyer for the company at $4.5 Million.

You are notified that there are $2.4 Million in outstanding shareholder loans that get paid before you.

9) You learn an expensive lesson.

John is no dummy. He had no restrictions on the money. He paid it all to himself first, and, out of the goodness of his heart, loaned it back to Zidware. That way, he is first in line as a creditor. That is why he is paying nobody! The language of "shareholder loans" was not included accidentally. By signing it, you are acknowledging that "John has outstanding loans and you were made aware of this."

EDIT: = 8.

#9841 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If that's real John does need jail time.

#9842 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

This is my favorite part - because I have created, purchased, and sold many businesses in the last 25 years. And, yes, I have been burned - particularly to the tune of $3 Million in "shareholder loans."
4) A few days later, the owner deposits $2.4 Million back into the corporate account. This is a shareholder loan to the company.
5) Looking at the monthly numbers (just totals), things look in order. I never notice it.
6) Years go by.
You are notified that there are $2.4 Million in outstanding shareholder loans that get paid before you.
John is no dummy. He had no restrictions on the money. He paid it all to himself first, and, out of the goodness of his heart, loaned it back to Zidware. That way, he is first in line as a creditor. That is why he is paying nobody! The language of "shareholder loans" was not included accidentally. By signing it, you are acknowledging that "John has outstanding loans and you were made aware of this."

In other words, he can still make claims for any new money deposited towards loans he is owed.

EDIT = 8.

Sorry, I duplicated myself instead of editing. Jim

Was adding this line - In other words, he can still make claims for any new money deposited towards loans he is owed.

#9843 8 years ago

Pinside consists of its members. If Pinside is the blame, then it's really just us that are to blame. It's all nothing more than pretzel logic anyway. JOHN is to blame. Period.

#9844 8 years ago

Where are all the Pinside lawyer wannabees that usually offer useless legal advice when it's not needed? Instead of everyone giving their version of what a criminal John is, let's state the case, here and now. How can we compile evidence to prove in a court that what John did was indeed a criminal act. State your case lawyers.

Any owners who feel they can offer help and who want to figure out the best way to proceed, feel feel to PM me. I am not signing this contract and want to proceed to get John to pay for what he has done, whether it be by forcing bankruptcy, or having him put in jail for fraud. He must not get away with what he has done and must pay a heavy price for his deception and flagrant disregard for peoples hard earned money.

#9845 8 years ago

I just sent John this email. I have thought things through and we have only 2 options.

Option 1. Pursue legal and criminal charges against Jpoop

Option 2. Maybe convince Jpoop to give his company away with the new owner assuming all liabilities. This way John gets $0 for his company, but the new owner gets zidware for the whatever the cost of John's current liabilities are. John may avoid the countless lawsuits and jail under option 2.

Email I sent John after talking with some people who are heavily invested in these Games.

Magic Girl

10:49 AM (5 minutes ago)

to John, John,

John,

I'm hearing some sort of letter was sent out regarding the current status of your company.

1. I want to advise you that Zidware may not not have any value. A proper business validation would have your liabilities much greater than any potential assets. The only value would be if you could convince a group of people that future sales are worth more than what your liabilities are. After talking with some other customer's and vendors of yours I am convinced that this is probably not the case.

2. With this in mind please find someone who is willing to absorb your current liability and make us owners whole. If you think you can get out of this mess without finding a buyer who will make us whole, you are sadly mistaken. If you have to give your company away, I would advise you to take that deal.

3. We are forming an owners group with the intentions to demonstrate a ponzi scheme was orchestrated by Zidware. We believe have enough evidence to build this case against you. The evidence includes an email that was sent two weeks ago indicating Alice in Wonderland was almost sold out and that the potential buyer should send money.

4. As a collective group, we will be pursuing all and any legal options to recover lost funds. We want to be made whole.

We have spoken in the past and I wanted to share this with you so that you can seek the appropriate legal council and make any future decisions regarding Zidware with sound legal advice from an expert.

--
Sent from myMail app for Android

John A. Popadiuk, Jr., John Popadiuk

#9846 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

6) Years go by.

Well said. I really, REALLY hope no one signed the new agreement. If they did, they certainly aren't part of pinside and are under Jpop's spell.

Whoever is the new licensee needs to revise the agreement. You can't possibly think you can outsmart Pinsiders with that nonsense. What's shocking is that the agreement must have been looked at, touched up, proofread, corrected, revised multiple times, put in the oven, cooled down and STILL came out the way it did. Disgusting.

#9847 8 years ago

You want to know the smartest thing John did right at the start of all this? He had everyone involved sign an NDA. Everyone.

That put the fear of talking into everyone and this helped him drag this out for has long as he has.

I'll bet there are STILL people here that are afraid to say something because they still think that the NDA they signed is still valid.

#9848 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Quoted from statsdoc:

I think Jpop's email, more than anything, shows the criminal intent here. He is not even slightly repentant for what he has done, and will do it again if given the opportunity</i>

I believe that its real just as much as I am positive he Knew! that he could never finish MG much less RAZA or hell AIW? NEVER! yet he called me right away when I inquired about AIW & invited me to visit his shop added me to the secret blog & took $3895.00 down payment 2 Weeks before Expo when he showed up with the empty cabinets

#9849 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Option 1. Pursue legal and criminal charges against Jpoop

I love how you put that in there

#9850 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's real all right. I was told about it two days ago, and the recipient asked me to post it.

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/197 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.