(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 491.
#9301 8 years ago

Who's in for going to the auction when stuff gets sold off?

#9302 8 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

The RAZA buyers are Zidwares most valuable potential incoming funds, in my views. Roughly half the money has not been collected for this game of which is apparently nearly at the same stage as MG.

Quoted from slapshot:

nearly at the same stage as MG.

Nope. No way, no how.

#9303 8 years ago

Sell prints of the art created for the games and use the proceeds to pay off investors.

#9304 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So Jpoop can continue to draw a salary for another 4 years and let the statue of limitations run out for any legal recourse? If he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't be asking for you to sign your legal rights away. Keep him on as a consultant? Why? He proved he can't build a complete machine.

Lately I've noticed that I have been giving an automatic thumbs up to any post that contains the word "JPoop".

It's juvenile, I know.

#9305 8 years ago

Ok guys, I've stuffed up but to make things better sign away any legal recourse . Also im releasing hundreds more machines but charging the same. As well I won't let you know the new owner's details.... Jpop (sarc, not a real quote)

#9306 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. No way, no how.

Why not? Apparently there is boxes of parts and playfields done for the game, artwork and design is done. Sound, music and some coding had been started also. Why couldn't we take inventory and figure out what is missing and, shop our own manufacturer and finish the games on our own?
125 RAZA buyers with approximately half the money left on the table.....

#9307 8 years ago

Wow. I just - I don't even know where to begin. Ok, I have a start:

My sincere condolences to ANYONE with money involved in this situation. Might as well write any money you had invested off; it is long gone. Totally sucks, and I am sorry to see it.

Now, DO NOT move forward with this "new deal". What a total joke. I can't believe the audacity of this guy.

Let's look at this in segments.

Quoted from frolic:

May 21, 2015

RE: PLAN OF ACTION FOR PURCHASERS OF MAGIC GIRL™, RAZA AND AIW

It is with great excitement, determination and love for pinball that has led me to pursue and find a possible solution that can be announced to you today.

Quoted from frolic:

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who believed in the magical designs that have been created. I acknowledge and appreciate the faith you have in placing deposits with Zidware, Inc. (“Zidware”) to deliver to you incredible machines that take pinball to another level. Thank you for your patience and support …this well-deserved update will give you a good idea of where we have been and where we are headed in the future.

Well deserved??? For who??? YOU, John? You are a real piece of work. How is this "well-deserved"? Can you finally sleep at night knowing you have some kind of plan to escape potential bankruptcy?

Quoted from frolic:

First and foremost, my apologies for not being a better businessman. In the past, great success was accomplished by focusing on what I do best… design and artistic direction of games. The business mechanics were left to the executives at companies such as Williams and Bally.

-_______- ....are you serious? This is like the equivalency of knowing 9th grade algebra and thinking you can master differential equations on your own.

Quoted from frolic:

I did not realize what it entails to run a company and get a machine designed and produced from start to finish. At the rate that I have been going, bankruptcy would be inevitable absent some type of corrective action. Zidware no longer has the ability to get Magic Girl™ (“MG”) into production let alone Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland™ (“RAZA”) and Alice in Wonderland The Pinball™ (“AIW”).

Whoa - huge shocker here! Didn't see this coming after 4 YEARS with diddly squat to show for it.

Why did you not allow anyone to help you? Why did you turn so many away that wanted to see this project come into fruition before it got to this? Why did you totally pass on all the available people and resources that could have saved you? Why did you basically piss away over 1 million dollars of people's hard earned money when all they did was trust you?

Pride cometh before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall - and Jon Popadiuk, you are the epitome of that statement.

Quoted from frolic:

A copy of current financials will be available evidencing the impossible predicament Zidware currently faces. Further, the delivery of machines to my customers who have placed orders and provided deposits has always been my primary concern and a responsibility that I take very seriously.

*insert pffftttt/muffled laughter face here* Right. Sure the financials will be available, and I am a Chinese jet pilot.

Quoted from frolic:

Therefore, I have sought out a solution to bring these games into production and to benefit all purchasers who have continued to believe in me. Apologies for the lack of communication, however it was best to find a workable solution first, rather than to string everyone along on false hopes. At this point I have a plan in place and therefore am taking this opportunity to share it with you. My hope is that with this solid plan, you, as a purchaser, will be supportive of this endeavor and remain patient and work with this plan to achieve the desired goal of producing MG, RAZA and AIW machines.

LACK of communication? How about NO communication. You've had your cheerleaders and your yes-men fill everyone with hopes, roundabout vague descriptions, half-truths, and whole lies. I know smoke signal stacks that communicated better than you. What a total joke.

Quoted from frolic:

What is the plan and how will it help the purchasers of Zidware products?
In a call for help, one of my customers, a businessman specializing in the restructuring of companies, realized that there was no way Zidware could get this project over the finish line and into production. He was saddened by the fact that many would suffer a loss and it would be a black eye for the pinball industry and my reputation.

You know what did this: YOUR ass on the line. YOUR nuts in a clapper. YOUR head on the guillotine. That's the ONLY way this happened. You have had SO many people come to your aid only to be turned away by you. You had hobbyists, businessmen, attorneys, engineers, software designers, and other occupational walks of life come try to help you, and YOU turned them away, and you did it because you still had money and time. Then the money spigot tightened up, and UH OH, time to finally do what you SHOULD have done at least 1-2 years ago: GOTTEN HELP.

MANY people were saddened by what you have done. You didn't put a black eye on the hobby; you fricking took one of its kidneys. You played with people's livelihoods, and you've stolen thousands of dollars of time and resources from fellow vendors. You told everyone "make like a tree and get out of here" while you played Arts and Crafts on a 7 digit bankroll, and no one is to blame but YOU.

Quoted from frolic:

Over the last month or so, this individual and his associates have done extensive due diligence on Zidware to determine the best plan of action. They have assembled a team of professionals capable in bringing pinball machines to production under a new, unrelated company. I have granted this new company (“Licensee”) an exclusive license for MG, RAZA and AIW. They will then be able to take MG from its current state to the point of production, along with potential orders for RAZA and AIW. Once these machines are produced, the Licensee plans to continue and grow to become an industry leader in creative unique pinball design.

So now we have some sort of angel/savor who is making DANG sure they keep their name out of the loop until they have enough suck, I mean, willing individuals to pony up EVEN MORE ca$h.

Quoted from frolic:

What can you expect next?

Well, I would prefer PROMISED pinball machines, but I sure know better.

Quoted from frolic:

The Licensee is now underway to complete a master prototype Magic Girl™. An announcement will be made as to when this will be, however the goal is to have it ready in time to unveil at an upcoming show. From this point forward, information and progress will be provided by the Licensee as Zidware is no longer in control.

This group is currently in the process of negotiating with proven known quality manufacturers to get the games produced. As soon as this is contracted, purchasers will be notified and given a forecast of the timeline to complete development as well as release dates for final product. As it stands today, the anticipated timeframe until production of MG is approximately 2 years or sooner.

An unveiling at an upcoming show - like - 2017 or so? I mean, let's be real here. You promised "TBL reveals" multiple times, and the community got diddly. You have some wizard behind the curtain making grandiose promises to a community already tainted with your misinformation and lies, and now you promise "in another 2 years" ???

Dude, to put that into perspective, that's the time it takes someone to go from 6th grade to high school graduation. Predator and WOOLY combined took less time than that. If MG was "so far into production", this game, even with the changing of company hands, should NOT take 2 more years. I am no pinball building expert, but you've had the equivalency of a Presidential term to make progress. Asking people to wait 2 more years is not a slap or spit in the face; it is a knife to the side of the throat.

Quoted from frolic:

As for the other 2 games, art work will be under the Licensee’s direction and prototypes will be forthcoming. I have agreed to independently consult with the Licensee for continuity to complete the pinball designs for all 3 games. The timeframe until production of AZA and AIW product is 2 to 3 years post MG production.

See, here are your two majorly BIG albatrosses around your neck. These SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED until MG is 100% done. Look at Spooky, look at PPS, look at Heighway - they KNOW to get the first one out before even considering the second one. Ok, so maybe Heighway does not have Full Throttle out in homes quite yet, but they have FULL WORKING PROTOTYPES on video and a factory/warehouse to get the job done. They have more than "arts and crafts" tables. They have TEAMS of programmers getting things done; you don't even have a SINGLE programmer (much the less one getting paid).

Quoted from frolic:

I encourage fellow Pinheads to allow this team to help make these games come to life. The Licensee has already made significant investment in both time and money to get where we are today. They have acquired the licenses for these games not motivated by profit, but to make the designs a reality and forge a viable path for production of these products to Zidware customers. The only other alternative is that Zidware would be forced to file for bankruptcy, resulting in virtually nothing to the purchasers and none of the games that we have worked on all these years will ever be produced.

Smoke and mirrors here, folks. We have no idea who this mystery licensee is. We have no idea how long this has been in the works. We have no idea what the business plan is. All we have our vague descriptions at best.

I love your audacity here:

Quoted from frolic:

The only other alternative is that Zidware would be forced to file for bankruptcy, resulting in virtually nothing to the purchasers and none of the games that we have worked on all these years will ever be produced.

Whose fault is this, John? It SURE isn't the vendor's fault who supported you and DIDN'T GET PAID. It sure isn't Ben Heck's fault or any other person/local pinball enthusiast who tried to help you only to walk away for the lack of control they were given to the project. I'd even be willing to bet it SURE isn't the customer's faults here - the people that ponied up some $erious ca$h to fund your lack of activities for 4 years. YOU are the reason "virtually nothing" would come of this. You are the government, and the purchasers/vendors money, supplies, and resources are the social security - and you flat-out stole it, John Popadiuk - you STOLE it.

Quoted from frolic:

We need patience, positive input and support from you and all of Zidware’s customers. Once each purchaser has responded back with positive intentions, the Licensee will be formally announced and be able to continue to move forward. However if there are any clarification uestions regarding this letter or agreement, please do not contact the attorneys directly, instead you may send an email to: Magic Girl Info <[email protected]>. The Licensee has already indicated that they will be opening the doors to share the progress with customers and welcoming everyone with open arms!

No, no, no. The purchasers owe you NOTHING. You deserve NOTHING. YOU should be the one giving up anything that you possibly can to make this happen. How dare you ask people to give up even more. Seriously, you are like - the ultimate taxman - you keep trying to unfairly take away what is NOT yours with impunity.

Quoted from frolic:

To be clear, there will not be any refunds as Zidware lacks the cash reserves necessary to return any customer deposits. The Licensee is here to create and build pinball machines and it is not responsible for Zidware’s liabilities.

You should work your fingers to bare bones until they become stubs and snap at the wrists for what you've done to this community and the trust you've betrayed.

Quoted from frolic:

We are very lucky that the Licensee started down this path to help the pinball community by trying to rectify this situation.

We???? Who is "we" ??? How the HECK can you possibly even try to put this on anyone but yourself. No, John Popadiuk, it is not "we" - it is YOU who are lucky some savor came to help you. Don't you even try to put this on ANY facet of the community. You are the reason this situation came to pass, you are the reason your machines are a failure, and you are the reason this community is out $1 million+. No one else, YOU.

Quoted from frolic:

This is what we need in order for the Licensee to move forward, please take advantage of this opportunity and complete the attached agreement prepared by the attorney for the Licensee. This is what is required from you in the attached agreement in order for the plan to succeed:

1) Confirmation of your intent to complete the purchase of the ordered item(s) by executing and returning the attached agreement so that the Licensee does not expend resources for customers who may not wish to complete their order.

a. Magic Girl™ – original purchasers. The Licensee is already in talks with potential manufacturers to create a Magic Girl™–Collector’s Edition, limited to only 199 worldwide for those who have already purchased or provided deposits. This is first come first serve
as we will close off as soon as we reach 199 orders. Zidware deposits will be converted to credits dollar for dollar.

b. RAZA or AIW purchasers. For those who have placed a deposit on RAZA or AIW, the Licensee is allowing these purchasers to convert their deposits to credits towards:

i. Magic Girl™–Collector’s Edition ($15,995) – Limited to only 199 worldwide, this is first come first serve as we will close off as soon as we reach 199 orders. Zidware deposits will be converted dollar for dollar, 1 (eg. $6,500 deposit = $6,500 credits).

ii. Magic Girl™-Classic (TBD estimated at between $9,995 to $11,995) – We are offering a new edition of Magic Girl™ with all of the same functionality and quality, since the final product is yet to be finalized and we don’t have actual BOM, we can only provide the price range. Any customers interested in this option will have opportunity to confirm their purchase at time of release of actual price. Zidware deposits will be converted 1:2 (eg. $6,500 deposit = $3,250 credits) for this option.

I just, I...WHAT?

So not only are you still trying to make all 3 machines, you are asking for even MORE money, and on top of that, you are trying to make a "tier" level release of MG.

Facepalm.pngFacepalm.pngFacepalm_aca0a9_1737991.jpgFacepalm_aca0a9_1737991.jpgTriple-facepalm.jpgTriple-facepalm.jpgGodzilla-facepalm.pngGodzilla-facepalm.pngbc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpgbc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978.jpg

I have nothing else on this one. I just can't....no, someone else has to rail on that one.

Quoted from frolic:

2) Agreement that you will not bring any action for money damages or specific performance against Zidware, the Licensee, the manufacturer, or any of their directors, officers or members during the earlier of:

(i) delivery of the product or
(ii) 4 years

This is what we need to move forward; we ask your cooperation to support us and allow Zidware to get the Licensee what is needed at this time. This is the only plan that will possibly get these machines produced. It is time sensitive as we need to move quickly or I will have no choice but to pursue a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing resulting in the liquidation of Zidware without delivery of any of the games and virtually no cash to Zidware customers.

In other words, please let me keep my "Get out of jail for free" card for the length of another Presidential term, and I'll make sure to not come to Pinside and make any updates as someone else now with business sense and big boy pants does this for me.

57263859.jpg57263859.jpg

Quoted from frolic:

This plan is for you, the Pinheads that want something that is a true work of art, quality built that can be treasured for years to come. I have now found the right business team that is dedicated to try to get my work to the finish line and into production. Help me to help you get what you came to Zidware for…a pinball machine that you will be very proud of to have in your collection!

Excuse me for asking, but WASN'T THIS THE PLAN ALL ALONG, or was it just 4 years of arts and crafts time, and NOW you'll start doing what you promised? Oh, and someone else has come and decided to do it for you because guess what, you're all out of kazah (cash).

Guys...community...fellow hobbyists...nuke this guy with lawsuits and litigation. DO NOT let him continue to puppeteer you through another 2-4 years. He has boarded a rocket, taken your trust and money and thrown it into earth's atmosphere just watching it burn away. DO NOT continue to be a victim. It is beyond ridiculous what he's done to you as a buyer, a vendor, and overall to our community.

I genuinely hope the pre-pay/pre-order/giving your money away for years without seeing a finished product days are DONE. Two absolute colossal failures in under half a year. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

Quoted from frolic:

To Our Success!

Well, least you ended it with a joke .

#9308 8 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Why not? Apparently there is boxes of parts and playfields done for the game, artwork and design is done. Sound, music and some coding had been started also. Why couldn't we take inventory and figure out what is missing and, shop our own manufacturer and finish the games on our own?
125 RAZA buyers with approximately half the money left on the table.....

Because the new owner needs Raza money to build Magic Girl. See a pattern?

#9309 8 years ago

And he starts the letter, 'It is with great excitement.......'

Maybe on planet Zod it would be.

#9310 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

GET out now! Contact a lawyer immediately!
track down and talk to jon in person this holiday weekend!
Do something and do it quick!

quick is too late.

#9311 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

It is still possible you might think that a investor(s) comes in, & takes full control. Starts the refund process to those who want out. Pays all the contractors owed money. Then moves forward with production, of those still in for pinball machines. You get the process moving forward, & can learn from what has been done for small production. Once you get those games out, you can start selling more of the models.

Well, that didn't happen.

#9312 8 years ago

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.

RJM dT/dP

#9313 8 years ago

Terry is a pretty smart a guy. If he wanted to make more pinball machines, he would start from scratch, vs taking on all the baggage that comes with this. I just don't see where there is any upside for him on this. Why would he want to risk his reputation on this craziness?

I also don't see DP, Heighway, Multimorphic or Spooky being interested for the same reasons. Obviously no reason for PPS to, they have plenty of games ready to go that they can make if they wanted.

#9314 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Lately I've noticed that I have been giving an automatic thumbs up to any post that contains the word "JPoop".
It's juvenile, I know.

JPoop!

#9315 8 years ago

I personally see both sides of this coin. Jpop could just as easily just declared bankruptcy and walked away. Anyone with not enough business sense could of got themselves into the same situation and it sucks for everyone involved. It seems like he is trying to do the right thing and come up with some kind of solution to not screw everyone over.

With that being said, the situation sounds like a way to screw vendors and not customers and still leave the doors open for Jpop to file for bankruptcy.

Your chances of getting deposits back are slim at this point. You can demand or sue Jpop but he can down the road certainly just file for bankruptcy to try to avoid paying these lawsuits or settle them for pennies on the dollar. Or you can try to be "transferred" to the new license holder, who is most likely not paying much for the license but removing this problem from Jpops hands. The likely hood of them actually producing the game in my mind is still slim at best.

Either way good luck everyone!

#9316 8 years ago

I'm surprised 'Popadick' hasn't taken off.. *ahem* Sorry.

Quoted from deeproot:

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.

Serious question, then.. if most jurisdictions don't permit it or don't allow it to be enforced, wouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, then you could 'agree' to this silly letter, and then in two years after more money is asked for with no progress. take him and the licensee to court?

#9317 8 years ago

Jpop'd is now Jpoop'd he officially shit on everyone.
24654.gif24654.gif

#9318 8 years ago

That's a big mofo!

#9319 8 years ago

My opinion based on that letter and offer is that the license sale would be considered a preferential transfer that would be voided by a bankruptcy court if that's we things wind up. There is no notice to creditors, etc and they are not going to be reimbursed as the licensee is not taking over the liabilities of Zidware. It's a classic "sweetheart deal" and it won't hold up in bankruptcy...which is why they want everyone to sign a contract saying they won't sue.

#9320 8 years ago

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

That's what this is. Please stop using the word "INVESTOR" here. An investor would come in with a million bucks, build games and sell them. That's what I would do as an investor. They are not, though; They are asking for MORE money. This is a shill to get everyone to release JPOP AND the new owner from any personal liability here. Please do not fall for it.

#9321 8 years ago
Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

One has to wonder, if you don't respond within 4 days do they think that Zidware gets to keep the money with no hope of refund? Seems to me that Mr Popadiuk is likely going to be hitting bankrupcy soon as I just can't imagine too many people agreeing to such an outlandish scenario in such a short time.

The letter clearly states the Zidware is still on the hook for monies received:

"To be clear, there will not be any refunds as Zidware lacks the cash reserves necessary to return any
customer deposits. The Licensee is here to create and build pinball machines and it is not responsible for
Zidware’s liabilities".

#9322 8 years ago

Nice little article on how an 'incorporation' protects (or lack there of) personal assets

http://www.businessknowhow.com/legal/assets.htm

#9323 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Serious question, then.. if most jurisdictions don't permit it or don't allow it to be enforced, wouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, then you could 'agree' to this silly letter, and then in two years after more money is asked for with no progress. take him and the licensee to court?

I appreciate the question, but I'm not going to respond as any response might be construed as legal advice. This whole affair has taken a very litigious turn and everyone with a stake has a duty to obtain their own legal counsel to protect (or not protect) each's interests.

RJM dT/dP

#9324 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Well, that didn't happen.

Yes it didn't pan out fairly in my opinion. That is why i'm out. Said in the past numerous times contractors need to be paid, & people should be able to get a refund. I don't know who is the investor unless they come out since a few were in the running possibly or were trying to get this saved. I was never in the loop, & have had no personal dealing with John!

#9325 8 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Hmm. I never got a letter.
Did any other vendors/suppliers get a letter?
Aren't we going to be given the same opportunity to convert Zidware debt over?

Me neither. Please update your list of contractors and vendors owed to list my official business name.
Orange Cloud Software Ltd. instead of 'original programmer' and thank you for keeping a list updated of all vendors/contractors owed.

Some history:

My company was a contractor for Zidware from June 2012 to May 2014. We worked on many things including: hardware design, os software, game software, graphics, effects, rules as mentioned by others in this thread. We were forced to stop working with them due to unpaid invoices going back 3+ months at the time, now over a year ago. We were working on things full time until then.

I am still chasing the outstanding amounts, or any communication on this matter and am still bemused as to why much of the work i created has never been publicly shown. I have until today tried to keep an open mind (despite being owed a large sum of money) that the projects may be finished and delivered for people. It was extremely difficult for me personally being a very small business to soak up 3 months of non-payment, but i still feel worse for every customer who put their faith in Zidware/John and have been repaid like this..

#9326 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I started building my 12 unit business park in 2007, just before the crisis. I had a pile of cash and my bank said they'd loan me $1m to finish it. Well, the crisis came along and they changed their mind ... No loan for RD!
So I sold my house and all three of us (me, wife, 7 year old girl) moved into an empty concrete shell unit. We had all our furniture in a pile and we set up the beds and camped out. The sun would come in the clear roof at sunrise and blind us lol. The beds were in the corner, and we were surrounded by pinball machines and furniture. It was bloody cold down there I can tell you! There was a portapotty at the far end of the site for the concrete contractors and if you wanted a poop, you had to hike 100 meters through the mud and rain.
Anyways, that's what I did. I walked to work every day (I was on the worksite!!) and built the whole business park myself (except the shells which were done by a contractor) I'm not a builder, I'm a furniture salesman. But over 2 years I found 11 tenants and built all the units to suit them. (I kept one unit as my warehouse)
I haven't had a salary since 2007.
And hey, it's all paid off. I've been going to tell this story since all this "preorder/prepay" fiasco started, but I didn't want to come off as a dick or something. But hey, that's how all my businesses have started, the furniture stores, the sofa factory, the property company.
The fact that these guys are paying themselves the big bucks while not delivering PAID PRODUCTS to customers is not on. At all.
rd.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

WOW, people like you are hard to find now days. No one wants to sacrifice or work hard to get what they want. Im including myself in that group. Me, Im pretty much a coward. Im to afraid to risk what I have to better my situation. CUDOS to you.

#9327 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Me neither. Please update your list of contractors and vendors owed to list my official business name.
Orange Cloud Software Ltd. instead of 'original programmer' and thank you for keeping a list updated of all vendors/contractors owed.
Some history:
My company was a contractor for Zidware from June 2012 to May 2014. We worked on many things including: hardware design, os software, game software, graphics, effects, rules as mentioned by others in this thread. We were forced to stop working with them due to unpaid invoices going back 3+ months at the time, now over a year ago. We were working on things full time until then.
I am still chasing the outstanding amounts, or any communication on this matter and am still bemused as to why much of the work i created has never been publicly shown. I have until today tried to keep an open mind (despite being owed a large sum of money) that the projects may be finished and delivered for people. It was extremely difficult for me personally being a very small business to soak up 3 months of non-payment, but i still feel worse for every customer who put their faith in Zidware/John and have been repaid like this..

Finally we get to know u... Welcome to the SUCK

#9328 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I want to start collecting your artwork.. What's my options?

IANAL, but if ZombieYeti hasn't been paid for his artwork on the Zidware games, I'd think that he'd have a case to claim that they are still his assets. If so, he should be able to do what he wants with them (e.g. sell prints, license the art to Stern, print Popadookie toilet paper with MG art on it, whatever).

#9329 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I do NOT disagree - fwiw. I'm far from pleased to have been involved in this fiasco. I'm coming at it from someone wanting to see a positive outcome - and seeing one I did not expect. ...Not objectively of course

Unfortunately we saw this happen to Aaron of FAST pinball when the Predator fiasco went down. A person with a vested interest became overly optimistic and urged support for a criminal project. The project itself is still a fraud, as many have seen for a long time.

JPop uses all of the classic con man tactics. Leaving time frames short forcing people to make split second decisions, the "if you don't bail us out we will fail, you get nothing" bankers tactic of 2008, everything about John's method is disgraceful. He is a 2 bit con with a ponzi scheme. I can't believe he conned someone into taking on the project, and they expect people to throw 10k more at this and sign more legal promises not to hold them responsible for delivery for 4 years? These people must know absolutely nothing. JPop is a weasel. I hope he is held accountable to the full extent of the law.

#9330 8 years ago

I thought this bit was interesting (hat tip Nate!) in the actual order letter, not the first letter:

"Yes, I would like to convert my order(s) for RAZA and/or AIW to a Magic GirlTM–Classic, at a price range of (USD $9,995 to $11,995). My deposit(s) to Zidware will be converted 1:2 into a Magic GirlTM–Classic."

Note the 1:2 part. Looks like they were hoping to incentivize RAZA and AIW buyers into buying the "cheaper" MG by doubling their money.

Look, I get that people are mad, and this is a weird deal. Lot of unknowns. And obviously the "no sue" stuff isn't gonna make people feel good.

I just wonder, taking emotion out of this for a moment (easy for me to say) – what's the end game?

Because let's say everyone says FU to this deal (it's feeling that way now), then what? John is broke. It's not a rumor, he has no money. What exactly are people hoping to do? Pierce the veil and try and get him and his wife to sell their house and assets or something? It just feels like the possibility of actually getting your money back is really low.

Throwing more money at this probably isn't an awesome idea either, granted, but isn't this kind of what people wanted? Someone to step in, be the big business man, and shove John aside, and take over?

#9331 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

IANAL, but if ZombieYeti hasn't been paid for his artwork on the Zidware games, I'd think that he'd have a case to claim that they are still his assets. If so, he should be able to do what he wants with them (e.g. sell prints, license the art to Stern, print Papadookie toilet paper with MG art on it, whatever).

Awesome
Papadookie toilet paper (Tm)

#9332 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I don't disagree at all - but I really expected everyone to be screwed and end up with nothing. And at best - a bandaid solution that prolongs a future that fails. What I see now is the exact opposite. Again - I'm not unbiased

This is really just a no win for anyone. Customers screwed. John could possibly be brought up on charges of some sort. Just a nasty mess that's bad for everyone.

#9333 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.
RJM dT/dP

This was my question as it appears to lack any semblance of quid pro quo. If you sign away your right to sue, in return you get...what? Maybe, if enough other people sign and pony up the $, you may be able to purchase a game at an unknown price (AIW, RAZA), if the game is ever made? Would that pass the consideration hurdle for contract validity?

#9334 8 years ago

Are we sure that JPoop is not a politician?

#9335 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

he's just an idiot

You're being too kind

#9336 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Finally we get to know u... Welcome to the SUCK

I hope all my other projects on pinside go someway to explain that i am a decent person and tried my best to help these projects succeed. Indeed, the journey almost brought me to my knees, as i relied on being payed in a timely manner, but wanted to keep the projects moving forward. I had to sell around 7 pinball games from my personal collection that i built up over 25 years to keep myself afloat. I was lucky i had them.

John actually sent me an email once telling me to stop sending invoice reminders as it was "annoying him" ...

#9337 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought this bit was interesting (hat tip Nate!) in the actual order letter, not the first letter:
"Yes, I would like to convert my order(s) for RAZA and/or AIW to a Magic GirlTM–Classic, at a price range of (USD $9,995 to $11,995). My deposit(s) to Zidware will be converted 1:2 into a Magic GirlTM–Classic."
Note the 1:2 part. Looks like they were hoping to incentivize RAZA and AIW buyers into buying the "cheaper" MG by doubling their money.
Look, I get that people are mad, and this is a weird deal. Lot of unknowns. And obviously the "no sue" stuff isn't gonna make people feel good.
I just wonder, taking emotion out of this for a moment (easy for me to say) – what's the end game?
Because let's say everyone says FU to this deal (it's feeling that way now), then what? John is broke. It's not a rumor, he has no money. What exactly are people hoping to do? Pierce the veil and try and get him and his wife to sell their house and assets or something? It just feels like the possibility of actually getting your money back is really low.
Throwing more money at this probably isn't an awesome idea either, granted, but isn't this kind of what people wanted? Someone to step in, be the big business man, and shove John aside, and take over?

Smart people know when to cut their losses.

#9338 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Presumably Zidware goes bankrupt, the assets (artwork, computers, CNC machine, cabinets, "patents", etc.) are auctioned off and everyone gets back a few cents on the dollar at some point in the future.

#9339 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

John actually sent me an email once telling me to stop sending invoice reminders as it was "annoying him" ...

Rofl.gifRofl.gif

#9340 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

This is all you guys should have to know to know that continuing in any relationship with JPop and Zidware is toxic and a huge risk that isn't worth staying in.

You know the money is gone. There is no money to be made, even if the licensee completes their plan.

It's my personal opinion that anyone that wants to get anything (even if that's just the satisfaction of making his life hell) should either pay him a visit or file a lawsuit. This new scheme is a hail mary for a dead company.

#9341 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Presumably Zidware goes bankrupt, the assets (artwork, computers, CNC machine, cabinets, "patents", etc.) are auctioned off and everyone gets back a few cents on the dollar at some point in the future.

I'll put my name as a creditor and collect a few pennies. I'm not going to be part of any new deal, and definitely not under these circumstances.

John can go bankrupt and face the music and shame. He's not going to say "my bad" and walk away.

#9342 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Note the 1:2 part. Looks like they were hoping to incentivize RAZA and AIW buyers

Maybe I read this wrong but I thought he was offering RAZA buyers 1/2 value on their deposit twards Magic Girl Classic?

#9343 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

RJM dT/dP

I'm familiar with JPop. Who is Marsh?

Marcus

#9344 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe I read this wrong but I thought he was offering RAZA buyers 1/2 value on their deposit twards Magic Girl Classic?

Yup. They only get half their money put towards the game. Otherwise it would say 2.

#9345 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And he starts the letter, 'It is with great excitement.......'
Maybe on planet Zod it would be.

with great excrement...

#9346 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The other way around. 2 RAZA dollars get you one MG dollar. That means if you have at least $5k paid toward RAZA or AIW, even if you get the "classic" you're still basically paying the full MG price. You can't tell me they aren't going to try and charge the upper end of that range. So, $5k converts to $2500, with another $10k due. That's $15k invested for the "classic" version as opposed to converting straight to the limited MG for $16k. They obviously want to push people to the limited version.

Follow that kick in the nuts with the "we MIGHT still make RAZA/AIW if you decide to keep your money there" BS. I've been pissed and fed up with this on many occasions, but never as furious as this has made me.

I absolutely WILL NOT invest another $10k into MG. I don't even think that game looks cool. It looks like a convoluted pile of crap and was not the game I put in for.

My money is gone. Nothing I can do about it. I refuse to fund Jpop any more. I refuse to pay $16k for any pinball machine, especially this garbage. But I don't have enough sunk to pay more money to an attorney to try and get it back. If there is some group thing, maybe. If I had $20k+ in this, definitely. But us with $4-6k invested don't have many options.

I said this 6 months ago and feel it more now than ever, my money is gone and I'd rather just ensure Jpop goes down on this than bother trying to get a few pennies back (or sinking in another $10k).

#9347 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I hope all my other projects on pinside go someway to explain that i am a decent person and tried my best to help these projects succeed. Indeed, the journey almost brought me to my knees, as i relied on being payed in a timely manner, but wanted to keep the projects moving forward. I had to sell around 7 pinball games from my personal collection that i built up over 25 years to keep myself afloat. I was lucky i had them.

You did what you had to do. I have been in your situation a couple of time with back invoices and now pretty much take only pre-payments for development work.

This whole deal stinks and whatever company in Chicago is getting involved better be wearing a suit of armor to deal with the hate they are about to encounter.

#9348 8 years ago

So if I follow, the solution to this mess is:
Pre-pay more cash for the same machines... for the second time... to support a business that operates on customer cash only... with no risk to the investor themselves... again

1a180a9c256d1f9c652ad3ae148bda7a38b70a84e59396e8fc0c2712fd84ef8f.jpg1a180a9c256d1f9c652ad3ae148bda7a38b70a84e59396e8fc0c2712fd84ef8f.jpg

#9349 8 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

How many RAZA owners + AIW owners will have to convert to MG to keep John Popadiuk from declaring Ch. 7

Can ANYONE tell me why I would entertain accepting HALF the 9k dollars JPop has had of my money that I paid for RAZA, having suffered all his crap, to apply to a Magic Girl??? That MF has some balls....

#9350 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Wow...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.