(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 490.
#9201 8 years ago

Omg. Nobody should agree to the 4 year "no sue" period. Time for all of you to file lawsuits, do not buy into this sham.

No refunds?

Half credit?

JPop is a complete loser. I'm sorry for you guys that are getting fucked by email. He doesn't even have the decency to talk to you guys.

#9202 8 years ago

This thread is about to blow by 10,000.....wow!

#9203 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Omg. Nobody should agree to the 4 year "no sue" period. Time for all of you to file lawsuits, do not buy into this sham.
No refunds?
Half credit?
JPop is a complete loser. I'm sorry for you guys that are getting fucked by email. He doesn't even have the decency to talk to you guys.

I think they are hoping that people don't. Right now they want everyone to convert their deposit to Magic Girl.

#9204 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think they are hoping that people don't. Right now they want everyone to convert their deposit to Magic Girl.

you have to sign the 4 year agreement to not forfeit your money and convert to a MG.

#9205 8 years ago

Wow. The gull it takes to put out a "presser" like that is unfathomable.

Couple thoughts:

1. It looks like MG wasn't done, ramps or no ramps. That letter states they need to build a prototype.
2. Did john recieve compensation for the rights? Is he receiving compensation for staying on as an advisor?
3. Why the dog and pony show with the ramp molds if for no other reason to deceive and carry on the ruse.
4. Screw the strong arm tactics of make up your mind now and take it or leave it attitude.
5. Screw telling people not to talk to attorney's; whether that be the licensee's or a owner's own representation. I would do all correspondence by mail. At this point, no one on this project is trustworthy IMO.
6. Shame on all the JPop apologist that came here with their BS cryptic posts about how things were on track. What you guys did was shameful.
7. Screw JPop and the horse he rode in on.
8. I'm sorry sorry for all you owners. I wish there was something us as a community could do. You have our support. F JPop.

#9206 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is time sensitive as we need to move quickly or I will have no choice but to pursue a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing resulting in the liquidation of Zidware without delivery of any of the games and virtually no cash to Zidware customers.

#9207 8 years ago

He should have wrote a real apology letter, owned up to everything he did, and walked to a bankruptcy trustee's office. This new offer is ridiculous. And the new agreement must be signed by June 1, 2015. Whatever.

#9208 8 years ago

Shit. Now I'm on the hook to continue reading this thread for at least the next two years.

Anyone who sends another nickel for a phantom pinball machine needs their head checked. Sue sue sue now now now.

#9209 8 years ago

Set up a company with all the creditors as shareholders
Takeover the assets

#9210 8 years ago

History repeats itself, someone has to come in and clean up john's mess. Not a great option, but at least "some" option. It's funny how for the past year John refused any outside help if it meant opening up his business (reveal financials, borrowing playfields to code). Now he's basically nothing more than a consultant with his project almost completely taken over because he's waited until there was no other option.

Quoted from Skins:

Why the dog and pony show with the ramp molds if for no other reason to deceive and carry on the ruse.

Well now we "sort of" know why he created aluminum tooling, there's going to be more than 20 magic girl machines made.

#9211 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And the new agreement must be signed by June 1, 2015. Whatever.

I missed that. How G.D. manipulative and premeditated can one get. Intentionally release this the Friday before the holiday weekend. Essentially giving someone 4 business days to get it before an attorney. It's intentional and horrific. If this new group is one of us, shame on you for structuring it to go down this way.

#9212 8 years ago

IMHO He is robbing us right in front of our eyes, in front of everyone. And blaming us for not liking it.

#9213 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes and an escrow or real trust account, otherwise you are all unsecured creditors.

Yes a REAL trust account. We all learnt the hard way that calling it a trust account doesn't make it Safe.

#9214 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I missed that. How G.D. manipulative and premeditated can one get. Intentionally release this the Friday before the holiday weekend. Essentially giving someone 4 business days to get it before an attorney. It's intentional and horrific. If this new group is one of us, shame on you for structuring it to go down this way.

StevenP, right?

#9215 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

No kidding, after all the lies and abuse, you've got 4 business days to sign some BS agreement with a 4 year "no sue" clause or forfeit your money (which you'll lose anyways through bankruptcy if you don't sign).

#9216 8 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

StevenP, right?

By the way it sounded, he was helping to craft the letter. I'm pretty sure someone else is the "licensee".

#9217 8 years ago

I can't imagine anyone is going to even toy with the notion of getting onboard with this without knowing who the licensee is and what their capabilities are.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9218 8 years ago

If StevenP was as smart as a person as he seems to be, this would be the appropriate point for him to walk away from JPop forever.

This is nothing more than a shady-as-fuck tactic. DO NOT SIGN the agreement. JPop has admitted they are 2 years away from manufacture on MG, after previously lying about it.

Go after your money in a court of law, fuck JPop. Every man for himself at this point.

#9219 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No kidding, after all the lies and abuse, you've got 4 business days to sign some BS agreement with a 4 year "no sue" clause or forfeit your money.

One has to wonder, if you don't respond within 4 days do they think that Zidware gets to keep the money with no hope of refund? Seems to me that Mr Popadiuk is likely going to be hitting bankrupcy soon as I just can't imagine too many people agreeing to such an outlandish scenario in such a short time.

#9220 8 years ago

And the licensee is in Chicago

And its not Stern or Jjp

My guess maybe a major parts supplier

#9221 8 years ago

When this deal falls apart and John goes bankrupt, in his mind he will blame the owners for not supporting it and the ones responsible for his failure.

#9222 8 years ago

Condolences to all those involved. JPop is a colossal turd.

#9223 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zidware has signed an exclusive license agreement with a third-party pinball design company
(“Licensee”) who has the business expertise to bring these games to production.

Any details on this "Licensee"? What is their history with pinball? He refers to them as a "pinball design company". What pinball machines have they designed/produced?

#9224 8 years ago

It's amazing he can threaten bankruptcy if you don't buy back in for more money and " four more years". It's like double or nothing Nobody should lose there money it's a travesty Pinball has had very few black eyes and now there are two . I hope everyone can recoup the most they can get back Unlike Penn and Teller , Jpop doesn't need to explain his misdirection it's obvious.

#9225 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To Our Success!

Best Personal Regards,
ZIDWARE, INC.
John Popadiuk
President

#9226 8 years ago

Isn't Dennis and Greg run a pinball design company, that melons game

#9227 8 years ago

So...how much did jpop receive for deposits so far?
How much has jpop paid himself each year, considering there is no funds left, for those that want to sue !
I mean there are three unfinished pinball machines, vendors that have not been paid, there was no programmer on staff, so no salary there. The shop was some money, but holy cow, no money?
Either he paid himself a really nice salary, or he has money left, but is lying again, to prevent people from getting cash out. My guess he's crying wolf again.
I don't have a horse in this race, but I don't trust any of this.

#9228 8 years ago

I don't like the way this is unfolding with out giving back refunds to those that want out. Not paying contractors. All the other crap explained in the letter. So I'm out as a source or contractor, to who ever is thinking of doing these games.

John Greatwich
Great Pinball Limited

#9229 8 years ago

IANAL, but what is the statute of limitations for the type of crime JPop has committed, would the 4 year window push it past that if someone paid their money 3 years ago?

Again, I am not a lawyer, but I would not sign that document!!!!

#9230 8 years ago

What a piece of shit.

#9231 8 years ago

I can't imagine why they would think this will work without even being willing to reveal who the "licensee" is. Trying to replace one silly business man with another?

#9232 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is there a case for fraud now? Forget about bankruptcy and civil... I'm talking fraud and criminal charges.
There has to be some accountability for taking our money and stringing us along to this point.

when I talked with the attorney that has already filed yesterday he basically said that they consider fraud WAS committed & that that's what they will be building a case for

#9233 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

when I talked with the attorney that has already filed yesterday he basically said that they consider fraud WAS committed & that that's what they will be building a case for

If said attorney wants to PM me privately, not sure if it helps to get other owners involved, but we can talk.

#9234 8 years ago

PPS ?

#9235 8 years ago

I hope not. John is radioactive, it would be a taint on anyone to get involved at this point. ESPECIALLY when the new deal is offered by proverbial gun-point. A great way to start things off.

#9236 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zidware, Inc. (“Zidware” or the “Company”) is a designer and manufacturer of pinball machines.

LIES. Manufacturer my ass.

#9237 8 years ago

Wow.

#9238 8 years ago

So, who is John's mysterious Licensee, and WHY must he be a mystery???

#9239 8 years ago

hey all - I'll chime in with one bit that may or may not help soothe the pain
I met with the 'Licensee' just 2 days ago in Chicago. Rather impromptu meeting after a root canal and a 3 hr drive on Vicodin/Ibuprofen... but I made it safely (I had just watch Mad Max Fury Road last weekend and was a bit concerned I might have to ram a few cars off the toll road - but i held off)... We had a brief phone conversation prior to that, but essentially I'd never met 'Licensee'.

In the few hours i spent talking with 'Licensee' I came away with an impression I did not expect. This is not an inexperienced 'Licensee' in the realm of high stakes & large scale business. Quite the contrary. The plans are lofty and achievable and well researched. And more importantly - coming from someone that LOVES pinball.

While the path to get someone of this nature involved in this project was the WORST possible path & many are deservedly upset and skeptical, I can only offer that this might be the best possible outcome for not only the Zidware-Victimized but for the pinball community at large. (And I dare say for John - knowing full well some may understandably not like that idea)

Now, obviously I can't say much yet (and I have yet to sign anything myself) - and probably shouldn't post this - but as someone who worked there ass off to make rad stuff for the owners/investors of MG, RAZA. & AIW - I just wanted you to know that I have the utmost confidence if things move forward (ie people sign and 'Licensee' can reveal) in the future of the work done and the work to come.

Lastly - for the cynical few (on a forum!?) - I'm always careful about putting myself out there and diluting my integrity and work (hence my hidden credit up till the adobe video) - so just know i don't say this without a bit of hesitation (ie I have nothing but initial contempt for large scale business ventures from past experience) but it's overshadowed by legitimate excitement and optimism.

In short - I think the end product is going to be MUCH better!!! And hell - I might even get paid for doing pinball work (i jest)

#9240 8 years ago

Whether or not this new licensee is legit, they are hiding in the shadows and putting a legal agreement on the desk to be signed. I like you, Jeremy, but this is not the path to success.

#9241 8 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

So, who is John's mysterious Licensee, and WHY must he be a mystery???

hqdefault[1].jpghqdefault[1].jpg

#9242 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If said attorney wants to PM me privately, not sure if it helps to get other owners involved, but we can talk.

this is who I spoke with: Attorney Zane D. Smith 312 245 0031 you will most likely have to contact them not a pinsider or pinhead I don't think

#9243 8 years ago

Everyone involved should join in a lawsuit. If there is a new company taking it over it already shows that they are complete idiots. There is no chance of 199 people paying them 16K for a pinball machine. Nothing from the pictures show anything that would make this a 16K game. The only reason people paid that much before was because of the crazy limited run. They are also not going to sell any standard models for 11K. The new investor sounds just as dumb as JPOP. The sign this or lose everything tactic is complete BS.

JPOP straight up committed fraud and should go to jail for this. His lame email does not make up for his lies and theft of your money.

#9244 8 years ago

I'm wondering this, wouldn't "they" require 100% buy in on this scheme?

If everyone signs except one person, that one person has a contract with John for John to provide him the machine he bought. The one person sues for his money back. John still has to refund money, provide the machine, or declare bankruptcy right?

#9245 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Whether or not this new licensee is legit, they are hiding in the shadows and putting a legal agreement on the desk to be signed. I like you, Jeremy, but this is not the path to success.

I do NOT disagree - fwiw. I'm far from pleased to have been involved in this fiasco. I'm coming at it from someone wanting to see a positive outcome - and seeing one I did not expect. ...Not objectively of course

#9246 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

hey all - I'll chime in with one bit that may or may not help soothe the pain
I met with the 'Licensee' just 2 days ago in Chicago. Rather impromptu meeting after a root canal and a 3 hr drive on Vicodin/Ibuprofen... but I made it safely (I had just watch Mad Max Fury Road last weekend and was a bit concerned I might have to ram a few cars off the toll road - but i held off)... We had a brief phone conversation prior to that, but essentially I'd never met 'Licensee'.
In the few hours i spent talking with 'Licensee' I came away with an impression I did not expect. This is not an inexperienced 'Licensee' in the realm of high stakes & large scale business. Quite the contrary. The plans are lofty and achievable and well researched. And more importantly - coming from someone that LOVES pinball.
While the path to get someone of this nature involved in this project was the WORST possible path & many are deservedly upset and skeptical, I can only offer that this might be the best possible outcome for not only the Zidware-Victimized but for the pinball community at large. (And I dare say for John - knowing full well some may understandably not like that idea)
Now, obviously I can't say much yet (and I have yet to sign anything myself) - and probably shouldn't post this - but as someone who worked there ass off to make rad stuff for the owners/investors of MG, RAZA. & AIW - I just wanted you to know that I have the utmost confidence if things move forward (ie people sign and 'Licensee' can reveal) in the future of the work done and the work to come.
Lastly - for the cynical few (on a forum!?) - I'm always careful about putting myself out there and diluting my integrity and work (hence my hidden credit up till the adobe video) - so just know i don't say this without a bit of hesitation (ie I have nothing but initial contempt for large scale business ventures from past experience) but it's overshadowed by legitimate excitement and optimism.
In short - I think the end product is going to be MUCH better!!! And hell - I might even get paid for doing pinball work (i jest)

I think everyone here wants to see you made whole on this deal. Along with glm, coin taker, etc. I can understand this being exciting news for you as this means you may get paid. But you have to understand that the way this is going down is bullshit. Customers that have been screwed by John have to sign away any right to take action against John with ZERO guarantee anything positive will come of it. A mysterious pinball lover angel investor, and no details provided. No smart person would sign that. Signing it opens you up to getting screwed again and being able to take no action. So the cynical, yet quite possible, outcome of all this is John gets protection from being sued and everyone else gets nothing. Not a reasonable plan in any way. All of this is my opinion but again, wow. The nerve.

#9247 8 years ago

So Jpoop can continue to draw a salary for another 4 years and let the statue of limitations run out for any legal recourse? If he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't be asking for you to sign your legal rights away. Keep him on as a consultant? Why? He proved he can't build a complete machine.

#9248 8 years ago

This just doesn't smell right. Why the continued secrecy? The licensee will not be revealed until new commitments are signed? So the people that have had cash on this the whole time got burned and now have to take another blind leap of faith to get some of that investment back...in 4 years...hopefully?

#9249 8 years ago

From what I can understand StevenP has been editing a letter from John for the past week.
I would actually like to read John's original letter.
Apparently the "licensee" is one of us owners, did I read that right?
Tell us who you are.

#9250 8 years ago

A real possibility is that if you send more money, you may lose more money. You have to determine if the gamble is worth it, given what has already transpired.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.