(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 491.
#6551 9 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

If you are looking for a way to cover refunds, maybe bringing in new customers is alright.

There is one way out of this: Finish games and deliver them to customers. Not sell more vaporware and find a new supply of vaporware customers.

A year ago I was ready to buy a MG if they came available, and would have bought an Alice. I'd be the kind of golden customer every company dreams about, and certainly the kind of customer John needs.

MY corn flakes are the one he's going to piss in, and then look for new customers somewhere else? This is complete idiocy.

#6552 9 years ago

Kaneda is ZidwarePR, ROFL. This is f-ing classic.

#6553 9 years ago

Kaneda REALLY WTF is going on here?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6554 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The poor kid should really check himself into the nearest mental health center.

#6555 9 years ago

Kaneda hard at work on Zidware PR

image.jpgimage.jpg
#6556 9 years ago

Hmmm... Kaneda's Wired article started out about a guy who loved games and then quickly turned to a story about a guy who picked games over a girl, got dumped, and owns ninja turtle bedsheets.

If they do a similar story on Jpop, about an artist making pinball machines... How do you think this one might end?

Could be the stake into the heart of this pre-book-cash-sucking vampire once and for all.

I'd read the article, that's for certain.

#6557 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Kaneda REALLY WTF is going on here?
image.jpg

This thread has a fever and the only prescription in more Kaneda!

#6558 9 years ago

I'm disappointed it took another 24 hours after I called out ZidwarePR as a fake profile for someone else to realize it, while everyone else was replying to the posts. There's enough other drama here.

#6559 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This account is Kaneda - ZidwarePR. Duplicate account. Not a rep of Zidware. Ignore him. Ban will be issued on both this and his other account when I get to my cpu.

OMG!! ...sorry guys, this whole thing is sad, especially for those who have invested so much.

..but wow...I'm 60 posts behind and ..this...this is f'ing low. This guy needs a perma-ban.

#6560 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I have a strong feeling those aren't the only accounts he has.

#6561 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I have a strong feeling those aren't the only accounts he has.

I picked it was him straight away. I'd be pretty confident in saying he has some mental issues.

(No need to PM me please Mr Kaneda)

rd.

#6562 9 years ago

Doesn't seem too bright. If you are looking for a way to cover refunds, maybe bringing in new customers is alright. But at the expense of further angering existing customers and alienating even more people within the pinball community?

Quoted from frolic:

There is one way out of this: Finish games and deliver them to customers. Not sell more vaporware and find a new supply of vaporware customers.
A year ago I was ready to buy a MG if they came available, and would have bought an Alice. I'd be the kind of golden customer every company dreams about, and certainly the kind of customer John needs.
MY corn flakes are the one he's going to piss in, and then look for new customers somewhere else? This is complete idiocy.

You believe there is only one way out of this, and delivering games is certainly the goal. But you know as well as anybody all the obstacles that stand in the way. Though I am unclear how taking my sentence out of context helps anything. IF [Zidware] is looking for a way to cover refunds, MAYBE bringing in new customers is alright [to cover refunds for those wanting them].

I only offered that as a possible solution to one of the many obstacles facing the projects. Did not intend to make anyone's situation more upsetting. My apologies if I did.

#6563 9 years ago

Though I am unclear how taking my sentence out of context helps anything.

My frustration was not aimed at you, nor was I trying to quote you out of context. So I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you or trying to misquote you. You didn't create this shit show.

#6564 9 years ago

How hard is it make 27 pinball machines?

Just build the f ing things!!

Simple solution to a complex situation. Machine looks complete enough to flip. Im sure programming can be finalised later. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Jpop machine is done, don't worry if the color shade is not perfect, the sound effect is not the perfect octave or the screws have the correct amount of threads.

If a machine cant be designed in four years then maybe pinball design aint your thing.

#6565 9 years ago

Hi guys, I’m only temporarily back in this thread and will most likely drain myself again later. I would have been back sooner but I had to ask the moderators to instruct me on how to undo my drain. I also wanted to see how this would play out.

Prior to draining myself in this thread you may remember I posted how I was done with Jpop/Zidware. Later on I reversed course and (inappropriately) posted how I was staying in with Jpop.

In between those two postings I received a private message. The first message you will read was titled "WISH YOU HAD BEEN MORE PATIENT" with a smiley face as the message. This was in response to my first comment of being done and dropping out on Jpop.

It’s almost as if he's gloating that I'm going to miss out on something.

My response to him as you read further was: *"Did you read my last post. "*. The post I was referring to was the second one where I said I had changed my mind and was staying in on Jpop. You can follow the conversation from here. (I have removed the screen shot and replaced it with the text.)

Deeproot: Yes and not happy. We are doing something the pinball world has never seen before and all I needed was the people involved to keep quiet. It seems (from your sudden change in tune) that JPop did not respect that wish. I don't know what you were told but I request that you keep it quiet and I will make it worth your while down the road. We have and are actively monitoring all public boards and intend to take action against those who have equally flaunted their own covenants with Zidware.

That'll be the short of it until we are ready to make everything public.

Regards,

Mr68: So your threatening me?

First of all, I don't respond well to threats. Especially from an unidentified individual. Secondly, the Zidware contract has been voided in so many ways its unenforceable.

That said I'm a man of my word and I know how to be confidential. If you'd like to begin this conversation over again I'd be please to do so. And you will find me very pleasant to deal with.

Other than that we don't have much to talk about.

The ball is in your court and I hope to hear back from you.

Deeproot: The comment you are referring to was not directed at you.

Regards, dT

Edit: I was warned the image could have some personal information so I've taken it down.

#6566 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My frustration was not aimed at you, nor was I trying to quote you out of context. So I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking you or trying to misquote you. You didn't create this shit show.

This whole ordeal, along with the Skit-B fiasco and all the normal Pinside angst, can really crank up the frustration level. I will certainly try to make sure not to add anymore shit to the show.

#6567 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Kaneda: please stop sending me PMs. I won't respond.

he was sending me emails also asking if I knew of anyone who was looking to sell a spot for one of these games.

#6568 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi guys, I’m only temporarily back in this thread and will most likely drain myself again later. I would have been back sooner but I had to ask the moderators to instruct me on how to undo my drain. I also wanted to see how this would play out.
Prior to draining myself in this thread you may remember I posted how I was done with Jpop/Zidware. Later on I reversed course and (inappropriately) posted how I was staying in with Jpop.
In between those two postings I received a private message. The first message you will read was titled "WISH YOU HAD BEEN MORE PATIENT" with a smiley face as the message. This was in response to my first comment of being done and dropping out on Jpop.
It’s almost as if he's gloating that I'm going to miss out on something.
My response to him as you read further was: *"Did you read my last post. "*. The post I was referring to was the second one where I said I had changed my mind and was staying in on Jpop. You can follow the conversation from there by reading the screen shot.
FYI: I had a moderator verify and was told this: *“Deep root is indeed in San Antonio, TX and does not match IP’s with Kaneda”*
There’s a lot of smart people on Pinside and I’m wondering everybody’s thoughts or any detective work that can be done.
We on the owners group are stumped. The guy goes from gloating to pissy and threatening in short order. And angry at Jpop. It could be nothing at all but I find it bizarre and intriguing.

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideDeeproot -Weird.png (Click image to enlarge)

Deeproot -Weird.png 503 KB

That be nutty for sure. No idea on the detective work.

But hey man don't pull out of this thread. I have really appreciated your point of view even when I don't agree. Hard to not let the shit show take us for a ride.

#6569 9 years ago

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is stupid. The Jpop projects should die at this point. Even if he produced games, I would never want one because of all of the drama that surrounded it. Especially with Kaneda being involved. Even if he is working for free, his PR ideas are some of the worst I've ever heard.

Exactly what you guys need is another guy who doesn't understand business to piss away more of the owner's money.

It should also really bother you that JPop is seemingly working with multiple people secretly, but doesn't tell them about each other. Why?

#6570 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

How hard is it make 27 pinball machines?
Just build the f ing things!!
Simple solution to a complex situation. Machine looks complete enough to flip. Im sure programming can be finalised later. Not ideal but better than nothing.
Jpop machine is done, don't worry if the color shade is not perfect, the sound effect is not the perfect octave or the screws have the correct amount of threads.
If a machine cant be designed in four years then maybe pinball design aint your thing.

If John is to make/build/deliverer games he needs to scrap his 'space shuttle' idea of building pins. What I mean is he is re-engineering everything from the floor up. Doesn't look like he has a standard pinball part in the whole game. He needs to 'Stern-ify' these games so that as many common parts or off the shelf parts as possible. Then he can stick his art on the sides and his ramps on the PF and whatever specific toys. Maybe he needs to ax the LCD screen as well. he needs an off the shelf controller such as P-roc. The games won't look like alien artifacts, they will look like Predator or AMH but at least they will be playable.

I bet, if he put his mind to it, with a parts book and a few months work (it's been 5 months since Expo) he could have a flipping game.

#6571 9 years ago

But hey man don't pull out of this thread. I have really appreciated your point of view even when I don't agree.

I appreciate that but I'm approaching burn out. The last few days I've made some stupid mistakes here and on the the owners group. This shit is taking a toll on my personal life.

But thank you for the kind thought.

#6572 9 years ago

I have to bring up a recent conversation I had with Andrew Heighway. I told him I was looking forward to receiving my Full Throttle not just for myself, but for him as well, for what it will mean to everyone that he has delivered machines to customers.

My game is in the first batch and it will be air freighted to me and I'll be doing a Pinside "unboxing" thread for it. He fully understands THAT is the "PR" win, to have a big customer unveiling of his game on the biggest pinball forum on the internet. THAT will generate interest and sales into his games more than anything else he could do at this time. Pinside is ground zero for the early adopters of pinball. Entire companies were launched because of Pinside.

For jpop to continue to ignore the PR nightmare that is this thread, to not address the glaring problems, to pursue some press somewhere else at the expense of making things right with the people here, literally to hold back showing the game to this world of customers to stroke the ego from some mainstream press... just another head scratching decision.

It just never seems to end.

#6573 9 years ago

Before some of you condemn Jpop for working with Kaneda consider Kaneda is merely a sycophant. At least that's my view of him.

#6574 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It just never seems to end.

This is what I was saying since Expo, I'm sure most people also. We had that Adobe video which he seemd to be crowing about.

We had an article that compared Jpop to Steve Jobs (well technically that's true since neither one has built anything in the last 4 years).

I had corresponded with john before, every time I said point blank what's going on? Why is this taking so long? When are you going into production? Do you realize how long this has taken? etc.. his reply was to invite me to his shop in Chicago. I said F-that if there is anything to see there, post it up for us to see.

#6575 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I appreciate that but I'm approaching burn out. The last few days I've made some stupid mistakes here and on the the owners group. This shit is taking a toll on my personal life.
But thank you for the kind thought.

Yeah man, I echo the other posters comments. I don't always agree with what you say but you're passionate, have a vested interest and your heart is in the right place. Your perspective is always a good counterpoint. Don't undersell that.

Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda is merely a sycophant.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said about him.

#6576 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Jpop for working with Kaneda

Whoa. Now this has actually gone bat shit crazy. Without making the majority of us remove Kaneda from our kill filters, can someone explain his involvement?

#6577 9 years ago

John, I have no proof Jpop is or isn't working with Kaneda. I worded my comment poorly.

#6578 9 years ago

there sure is some odd people in pinball........

#6579 9 years ago

This whole topic is getting real Geeky.....

#6580 9 years ago

I am in between real life meetings right now so this post will be brief.

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities. Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes. It was not intended to become an account that was posting in threads in the manner it was being used last night.

Anyway, I will unfreeze zidwarePR and allow kaneda to make one post in this thread to explain his relationship with JPop, Zidware, and whatever else he reasobaly wants to say. After that one post is done, since kaneda was already banned in this thread once under his personal account, he will be banned again under his zidwarePR account - so if you have questions for him pm him. As others have stated, kaneda was banned so we will not let him back in through this other account.

Finally, I said last night if I was wrong I would come on here, apologize to kaneda and eat crow. I'm exceedingly surprised about this entire situation but I do do owe kaneda an apology. Kaneda, you can make one post with zidwarePR in this thread, then do not post in here again. Thank you.

#6581 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities.

Oh my. I've avoided posting here since I don't have skin in the game. But holy crap. So sorry for the guys on this ride.

#6582 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I appreciate that but I'm approaching burn out.

Take a breather, Kim, but I hope you feel like returning at some point. We're all passionate owners, we should stick together against the real problem(s).

#6583 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities. Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes. It was not intended to become an account that was posting in threads in the manner it was being used last night.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

#6584 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have to bring up a recent conversation I had with Andrew Heighway. I told him I was looking forward to receiving my Full Throttle not just for myself, but for him as well, for what it will mean to everyone that he has delivered machines to customers.

My game is in the first batch and it will be air freighted to me and I'll be doing a Pinside "unboxing" thread for it. He fully understands THAT is the "PR" win, to have a big customer unveiling of his game on the biggest pinball forum on the internet. THAT will generate interest and sales into his games more than anything else he could do at this time

Seeing the production videos, and hearing Andrew talk on coast2coast pinball talking about how he's trying to keep prices down, even going so far as having local cabinet builders in america prep them and only ship playfields to save cost (and ship the largest quantities he can). Other than spooky pinball, Heighway is the only other company I truly respect. Creating innovation, but still moving forward.

#6585 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities. Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes

"Great Harm" right there IMO

#6586 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am in between real life meetings right now so this post will be brief.
Anyway, I will unfreeze zidwarePR and allow kaneda to make one post in this thread to explain his relationship with JPop, Zidware, and whatever else he reasobaly wants to say. After that one post is done, since kaneda was already banned in this thread once under his personal account, he will be banned again under his zidwarePR account - so if you have questions for him pm him. As others have stated, kaneda was banned so we will not let him back in through this other account.
Finally, I said last night if I was wrong I would come on here, apologize to kaneda and eat crow. I'm exceedingly surprised about this entire situation but I do do owe kaneda an apology. Kaneda, you can make one post with zidwarePR in this thread, then do not post in here again. Thank you.

This is complete BS. Pinside took a huge step backwards by letting him start another account. How do you let the biggest POS troll on PS willingly start a new account? His first post should've been an explanation of who he is and how he's now associated with JPop.

JPop has officially hit rock bottom. Hopefully he can only go up from here.

#6587 9 years ago

How is it that the one guy who's into Public Relations is one of the least liked people on this website?
(Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"...)

#6588 9 years ago

Can someone please just sum up where this Kaneda guy went wrong? I suppose I was here far after he burned bridges with you all and now that hes involved with this mess I think I want to know

#6589 9 years ago

Point me to a thread or something. Pm me, do whatever but he's the most hated guy on this site and inquiry minds need to know!

#6590 9 years ago

Jpop and Kaneda teaming up to create an alternate account on Pinside for PR? This might be the worst plan ever.

#6591 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Don't fool yourself.
images.jpegimages.jpeg

#6592 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I do owe kaneda an apology

Wow I need to quote this phrase because it will probably never be repeated in the history of Pinside.

#6593 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd be hugely disappointed if Robin gave Kaneda permission to have a second account.

Pinside: April 12, 2015
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6594 9 years ago

It is crazy how serious some folks take posting on Pinside. Let Kaneda post whatever. If you're tired of him use the Ignore feature. To give him so much attention is silly because he probably thrives on it. Tracing IP's and acting like some huge conspiracy is going on is crazy too. It's extremely easy to cloak one's IP address if desired for just a few dollars a year. Better to not push a person to that point and be able to know who they are and just moderate them as need be.

A classic case of "you know you take Pinside too serioius when . ."

My 2 cents.

#6595 9 years ago

This is complete BS. Pinside took a huge step backwards by letting him start another account. How do you let the biggest POS troll on PS willingly start a new account? His first post should've been an explanation of who he is and how he's now associated with JPop.

I for one thank tiger law for doing his job and banning the new kenda account... Now people have all formed opinions on kenda and there's few and far from many good opinions of him lol... With that said if jpop doesn't want to do his home work and hire someone no one likes to handle his pr shame on him... But it's a business, a poorly run one..us as pinsiders like the ability to talk to guys from Jjp, fast, some guys from stern, spooky, ect.... Giving kenda the account is not a issue. We will now have a voice here for jpop... Good luck with the backlash ur going to get for being kenda and being jpops guy lol

#6596 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes. It was not intended to become an account that was posting in threads in the manner it was being used last night.

I thought multiple handles were not allowed on Pinside, as mods have been actively taking down duplicate accounts? In other words I think everyone would rather see Kaneda post with his own id, just as other vendors do with their own id. If he wants to terminate the "Kaneda" name and go forward with "ZidwarePR" that's fine, but I don't agree with sharing an id among multiple people. I'm glad TigerLaw decided to pull the plug on it.

#6597 9 years ago

I started a mod feedback thread because it's probably not appropriate to drag this off topic. But I do want to say something that seems like it's fair game for the thread:

If John wants to pick someone to do his PR fine, certainly none of my business (well except that I won't let him snow job my colleagues at Wired). But John picked someone who was banned from his own thread. That seems like John's problem, not Pinside's. He picked the wrong dude. Why should Robin have to decide to support John by going back on his ruling?

I mean, if I suddenly flipped out in the Alien thread and just started abusing people, PMing them nasty messages, and being a total jerk and got kicked out, should Heighway be able to PM Robin and say "hey, let the guy back in, that's our CD"? Seems more like Andrew should talk to me about how serious I was about wanting the job with them instead. That's called being a professional and responsible for your own actions.

#6598 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's called being a professional and responsible for your own actions.

I can't think of a response to this in regards to Kaneda that is not a personal attack. Ha-rumph.

Given all the competent help JPOP has turned down, that he decided to work with Kaneda shows that the only "up" from here is "up in flames". Zing.

#6599 9 years ago

I need some thumbs up so I'm calling my second account Aurich

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#6600 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities. Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes.

This is crazy. When I posted earlier that Kaneda should get a perma-ban, in no way did I ever imagine he actually was working with Zidware. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.