(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 491.
#6451 9 years ago

Im taking preorders for Limited Edition Tshirts

2015-04-10-18-47-29.png2015-04-10-18-47-29.png
#6452 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Im taking preorders for Limited Edition Tshirts

2015-04-10-18-47-29.png (Click image to enlarge)

It's not May.

#6453 9 years ago

I hope everyone gets back their refunds.. uggg

#6455 9 years ago
2015-04-10-18-54-02.png2015-04-10-18-54-02.png 2015-04-10-18-53-15.png2015-04-10-18-53-15.png
#6456 9 years ago

2015-04-10-18-54-02.png (Click image to enlarge)
2015-04-10-18-53-15.png (Click image to enlarge)

You were JPOPPED on the 4th October 2015? In the future!

(What is it with you guys and your backwards dates lol next thing you'll be measuring things with antiquated methods divisable by 12 or something ... )

rd.

#6457 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

(What is it with you guys and your backwards dates lol next thing you'll be measuring things with antiquated methods divisable by 12 or something ... )
rd.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6458 9 years ago

I hope everyone gets back their refunds.. uggg

The chances to get the game or refund are slim and none, respectively.

#6459 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kim has talked to Jack about getting involved in manufacturing the pins and that is the point I left John, he was going to talk to both Gomez and Jack.
So good luck negotiating and getting that deal done. How's that for "news", if it happens that's great.

Interesting. An agreement here is probably the best (only?) chance that these pins get made. But like I said earlier, even if a deal is struck with JJP to build these, they are still a (very) long way from being built.

#6460 9 years ago

Anyone want to see the marketing ideas that were put together for these pins?

#6461 9 years ago

This will be the first thread I've ever drained or hidden on Pinside. I have too many regrets both past and present. Especially today. To those of you I have offended, I apologize and that includes you Iceman.

Whether I was right or wrong, I spoke from my heart and with the best knowledge I had. And some times I spoke from anger.

It’s sad the way we all tear into one another on here when we’re supposed to be kindred spirts. I felt so smug this morning posting my long winded comment and even my follow up comment reversing course. Now I’m just disappointed in myself.

I've also resigned from the private owners group and they will continue on without me.

Time for me to step away and evaluate my behavior. Sincere best wishes to all.

#6462 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That may be my favorite post ever. Well done!!!!!

#6463 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Post it up. anything that can bring in a little sunshine.

#6464 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This will be the first thread I've ever drained or hidden on Pinside. I have too many regrets both past and present. Especially today. To those of you I have offended, I apologize and that includes you Iceman.
Whether I was right or wrong, I spoke from my heart and with the best knowledge I had. And some times I spoke from anger.
It’s sad the way we all tear into one another on here when we’re supposed to be kindred spirts. I felt so smug this morning posting my long winded comment and even my follow up comment reversing course. Now I’m just disappointed in myself.
I've also resigned from the private owners group and they will continue on without me.
Time for me to step away and evaluate my behavior. Sincere best wishes to all.

Want to see the marketing plan?

#6465 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Just curious but why is any "marketing plan" needed? I thought the number being made is fixed and now sold out? Or no, that's not true, anyone can still buy any one of the ZidWare games?

#6466 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

I've seen paintings of it.

#6467 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Just curious but why is any "marketing plan" needed? I thought the number being made is fixed and now sold out? Or no, that's not true, anyone can still buy any one of the ZidWare games?

That's a good point. The idea was this: if Zidware want's to rise above, then it should release its games in a way that is more magical and special. Would a f%king wizard show his game for the first time at some pinball expo? No way.

#6468 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I had my cell phone number accidentally show up for a split second on a device in an episode of my show. It was a very annoying few weeks afterwards.

555-HECK?

#6469 9 years ago

Going to mod myself. That was f'ing gross. Sorry guys. I'm really ready for these pre-order threads to go away. They are like a boil on Pinside's ass. Be smart. Don't pre-order. Let's be done with this shi*.

#6470 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

That's a good point. The idea was this: if Zidware want's to rise above, then it should release its games in a way that is more magical and special. Would a fucking wizard show his game for the first time at some pinball expo? No way.

So the point of the marketing plan is to raise the exclusivity of owning a Zidware game and games will continue to be very limited in production?

And you're alluding to the point that the game(s) is much further along than anyone has realized, and at some point in the near future they will be revealed to the world? Thus, a "marketing plan" has come together?

#6471 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

So the point of the marketing plan is to raise the exclusivity of owning a Zidware game and games will continue to be very limited in production?
And you're alluding to the point that the game(s) is much further along than anyone has realized, and at some point in the near future they will be revealed to the world? Thus, a "marketing plan" has come together?

Ha...I wish. A plan is in place to launch these amazing pins, but only after they are ready to play and ship.

#6472 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Hah... Well there are 12 months in the year. It's the irony of the scientific world that the U.S avoids the metric system for a relatively arbitrary set of measurements none of which have any root in base-10 like our number system.

On dates, it's a little more complicated.... 10/4/15 is logical with elements in ascending order (day->month->year) but actually descending order makes more sense (15/04/10 year->month->day) because you can now sort the dates using any common algorithm, where it is simply not possible to do sort the D/M/Y format without special date sort algorithms. The U.S. frequently shortens it to 4/10 because the English language refers to it as "April 10th" with the assumed current year, so 4/10/15 is not out of line... Maybe down under everyone says "10th of April" in common conversation? The English language is backwards in many other areas, especially when placing adjectives before the noun... "Big greasy delicious fried red ...." How many words do you have to go through before you know what the person is referring to?

#6473 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

What's with the fake profile?

#6474 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Sure

#6475 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Is it "no such thing as bad publicity and generate 6000 angry posts on Pinside"?

#6476 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

That's a good point. The idea was this: if Zidware want's to rise above, then it should release its games in a way that is more magical and special. Would a f%^king wizard show his game for the first time at some pinball expo? No way.

Huh?

#6477 9 years ago

Nice one.

rd.

#6478 9 years ago

I think if anyone can get this done it's Jack and Co., Jack know's he can kick out 20 boutique pins rather
quickly now.
He has the manufacturing facility,
He also knows where and how fast he can get part's manufactured (under his name, not jpop's) .,
He also has great programmer's on-board to help with code.
All Jpop has to have is the check to get it done...

#6479 9 years ago

Why would Jack take this on? He is still building WOZ, will soon begin building TH and Lawlor's game is on the horizon. He has a great manufacturing facility but not unlimited capacity, so why jeopardize JJP to do contract work? At TPF, Jack said he wasn't interested in contract work. I think that is wise.

#6480 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would never be that mean to anybody.
rd.

Just met a bunch of OLD kick ass Aussies who did the Hawaii leg and then Masters.

They HATE Fosters and were drinking Miller, which is considered a "boutique beer" down under.

When I say old, these 3 guys were in their 70's, didn't give a crap about nut hugging rugby, wanted to talk about real football. Good times

#6481 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting. An agreement here is probably the best (only?) chance that these pins get made. But like I said earlier, even if a deal is struck with JJP to build these, they are still a (very) long way from being built.

It's just a no win situation that John has tried to destroy us all Kim.

No worries, we are on the same side and we are all emotional.

There are a lot of people, including yourself, that has tried to help. John is the disaster.

I don't believe there is a decent reasonable solution because John blows. That simple.

I hope you keep trying to help despite my giving up with John. I appreciate it and yet I've accepted the inevitable. It really is horrible, John and Kevin are con men, makes me sick but he will get what's coming to him just like Kevin, just a matter of time.

#6482 9 years ago

#6483 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No worries, we are on the same side and we are all emotional.

This was refreshing to read. It's painful reading posts where everyone is tearing at each other or trying to hammer home some point at just the wrong time.

We really are all on the same side. The side of pinball lovers. It's probably the only thing that binds everyone on this website together. The pinball community needs to be supportive of its people. We don't always need to agree on everything, like all the same games or do the same things with our money. But when some in the community are hurting or others in it are doing wrong, we need to keep that perspective. Pretend for a minute before you post something that we are all sitting in the same room together. It usually helps you give that post a second thought before submitting.

On a personal note, many of you saw me get ripped apart over on the Skit-B thread because I vouched for the wrong guy. I got swept up in all the madness as the truth came out and it was horrible. Even when I was trying to help, it only seemed to draw more fire. But through all the pain I had to remember that people were hurting and reacting to all the developments in their own way. In the heat of the moment, we can't count on how we react. When it was at its worst, so many people in the community reached out privately in PMs, email, Facebook or text and that was amazing. That's the thing about community, a couple bad folks can't ruin it all on their own, if we take care of each other.

After the firestorm died down a bit, there were some posts made by folks who came along and chose to single me out and dig at me again. Not in the heat of the moment, but in what I have to assume they thought was the opportune time to be hurtful and not stand out as just being a dick. As lame as I thought it was I resisted the urge to engage. In fact, others who read it told me about it and advised me not to engage. It wasn't going to make anything any better. If that was how they want act, I can choose to ignore them.

I guess the bottom line here is that we are witnessing a few bad apples souring so much of our pinball community. Let's protect and support our community and not just try to win some senseless forum battle. Believe it or not, I have tightened up relationships with some friends and made new ones through this experience. Glass half full, right?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6484 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

This was refreshing to read. It's painful reading posts where everyone is tearing at each other or trying to hammer home some point at just the wrong time.
We really are all on the same side. The side of pinball lovers. It's probably the only thing that binds everyone on this website together. The pinball community needs to be supportive of its people. We don't always need to agree on everything, like all the same games or do the same things with our money. But when some in the community are hurting or others in it are doing wrong, we need to keep that perspective. Pretend for a minute before you post something that we are all sitting in the same room together. It usually helps you give that post a second thought before submitting.
On a personal note, many of you saw me get ripped apart over on the Skit-B thread because I vouched for the wrong guy. I got swept up in all the madness as the truth came out and it was horrible. Even when I was trying to help, it only seemed to draw more fire. But through all the pain I had to remember that people were hurting and reacting to all the developments in their own way. In the heat of the moment, we can't count on how we react. When it was at its worst, so many people in the community reached out privately in PMs, email, Facebook or text and that was amazing. That's the thing about community, a couple bad folks can't ruin it all on their own, if we take care of each other.
After the firestorm died down a bit, there were some posts made by folks who came along and chose to single me out and dig at me again. Not in the heat of the moment, but in what I have to assume they thought was the opportune time to be hurtful and not stand out as just being a dick. As lame as I thought it was I resisted the urge to engage. In fact, others who read it told me about it and advised me not to engage. It wasn't going to make anything any better. If that was how they want act, I can choose to ignore them.
I guess the bottom line here is that we are witnessing a few bad apples souring so much of our pinball community. Let's protect and support our community and not just try to win some senseless forum battle. Believe it or not, I have tightened up relationships with some friends and made new ones through this experience. Glass half full, right?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Jpop needs help, he's in over his head....i wish u guys were on board

#6485 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

They were. He wasn't.

End of line, Dillenger.

#6486 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It could have been so great. Even after all the ups and downs, if a playfield showed up at our space, we would see it through to completion, if only for the engineering exercise.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6487 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

It could have been so great. Even after all the ups and downs, if a playfield showed up at our space, we would see it through to completion, if only for the engineering exercise.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That would be amazing. I look forward to seeing yalls stuff in a pin one day.

#6488 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be amazing. I look forward to seeing yalls stuff in a pin one day.

Thanks. We got a full batch of hardware back from manufacturing last week. Getting the team together this week for testing and code refinement in preparation for a full launch. So stoked!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6489 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Thanks. We got a full batch of hardware back from manufacturing last week. Getting the team together this week for testing and code refinement in preparation for a full launch. So stoked!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That is the best news in this thread!

#6490 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

John should just effing do it. What the hell does he have to lose at this point?

#6491 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

John should just effing do it. What the hell does he have to lose at this point?

His fantasy of control.

#6492 9 years ago

John did not show up to MGC. He was going to, but backed out last minute claiming it was conflicting with a reveal with WIRED magazine.

#6493 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

John did not show up to MGC. He was going to, but backed out last minute claiming it was conflicting with a reveal with WIRED magazine.

Nice that Wired can get a reveal, but not MGC or anyone else.

#6494 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Oh man, I really hope Wired isn't eating up his lines whole. Tempted to shoot an email over there to find out who's doing the story.

#6495 9 years ago

Do it!

#6496 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh man, I really hope Wired isn't eating up his lines whole. Tempted to shoot an email over there to find out who's doing the story.

Or the answer is "nobody" and he just didn't want to show up at the show.

#6497 9 years ago

Pretty sure toyotaboy was joking abut the Wired reveal.

#6498 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Or the answer is "nobody" and he just didn't want to show up at the show.

Oh yeah, for sure. But if he's bullshitting Wired I want to know, not gonna let my colleagues get sucked into pushing his lies, that could come back to bite them. Easy enough to ask.

#6499 9 years ago

Also, this post from 2 years ago is pretty incredible:

Quoted from mrbillishere:

Greetings from the Chicago 'burbs. I got to check out what's happening at John Popadiuk's Zidware studio this afternoon. Nice guy, really driven and focused on innovation and goodness.
Coincidentally, it turns out I could literally walk over to his studio from my house. It'd be a bit of a stroll, but it's like all of two miles away.
Got to see what the cabinet looks like that they're using for Magic Girl (MG) and BHZA. I was pleased to see that they're come up with their own, cool spin on that part of the platform. I could say more but even tho I signed it, I still haven't read the NDA so I'll keep my mouth shut for now.
If you watched some or all of his presentation from the NW show, you heard his message about the shifting landscape which is game development. He was saying essentially the same thing to me today. No more designing in a vacuum, all by yourself. Embrace the team and RAD methodologies. Solicit feedback from the community/customer.
For my part I'm skeptical, which is healthy, but willing to play the role he has intended for us customers (skim his site, or watch the vid for details).
Suffice it to say he's in a good work-space, has got a team, and they're definitely building stuff. There were a couple wired white-woods, one-off assemblies, and other junk I couldn't recognize in plain sight. As far as MG goes, I really have no idea what it all represents because I'm not in on that.
But regarding BHZA, suffice it to say, I'm gonna have fun in the coming months dropping in and hopefully contributing in some small way (if to nothing else, than at least to my own game.)
~mr.bill

No more designing in a vacuum, all by yourself. Embrace the team and RAD methodologies. Solicit feedback from the community/customer.

#6500 9 years ago

Sad that the WIRED thing is one of 2 things:

1) BS excuse about not showing up to MGC

or

2) An actual thing, but the writers would need to be warned not to be caught up in a separate batch of BS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.