(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 491.
#5951 9 years ago

If you want to pay $2K for it, it is no prank.

#5952 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If you want to pay $2K for it, it is no prank.

Correction: $1995.00

#5953 9 years ago
Quoted from D1P:

Correction: $1995.00

Don't forget shipping!

#5954 9 years ago

They'll prob. sell out within a couple weeks. The price is low enough rich people will buy it just for the hell of it.

#5955 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Don't forget shipping!

Pick up your Scoregasm Master in person at MGC - No shipping cost!

#5956 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pick up your Scoregasm Master in person at MGC - No shipping cost!

April fools day is over, brotha!

#5957 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

April fools day is over, brotha!

Day One Pinball's Scoregasm Master is no joke. It's a legit pin-game that you can buy at MGC.

#5958 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Day One Pinball's Scoregasm Master is no joke. It's a legit pin-game that you can buy at MGC.

Can you blame me for thinking its an elaborate prank? I'll believe it after MGC.

#5959 9 years ago

Anyone else notice that Iceman has been MIA from this thread? Not that I blame him; I take it to mean his last phone call with Jpop either didn't go well....or didn't go.

#5960 9 years ago

Didn't go. According to latest, nobody has gotten through to Zidwareland lately.

#5961 9 years ago

Pretty sure once John realizes that if nobody is sending money for AIW his ponzi is over. Time to gtfo.

#5962 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Didn't go. According to latest, nobody has gotten through to Zidwareland lately.

Come on Jpopped, pick up the phone.

tin-can_104.jpgtin-can_104.jpg

do-not-disturb.jpgdo-not-disturb.jpg
#5963 9 years ago
Quoted from dt3:

Who's making alien?
What is p3?

Alien is being done by Heighway Pinball. It'll be their first licensed title after Full Throttle comes out.
p3 is the platform developed by Multimorphic. The first title is Lexy Lightspeed:Escape from Earth.

#5964 9 years ago

Wow I didn't even bother to look at the thread, with the name and April 1st I figured it was an April fool.
Crappy day for the announcement indeed.

#5965 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Wow I didn't even bother to look at the thread, with the name and April 1st I figured it was an April fool.
Crappy day for the announcement indeed.

Depends- it's also the first day of the quarter.

#5966 9 years ago

I understand, but announcing a flipperless game named ScoreGasm on April 1st can be misleading.
I guess I would have waited until the second, but anyway, cool project either way!

#5967 9 years ago

actually, it's the perfect day, if you think about it... he will get more clicks since people will assume it is fake and will click for the amusement factor...

#5968 9 years ago

He hasn't answered my calls or texts this past week, must be busy in production

Calling him again today.

#5969 9 years ago

Do we want him talking to Ice or do we want him working? Can't have both.

#5970 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Calling him again today.

Busy in production. You're hilarious. This is just how he operates. When that guy that he announced was going to work with him as a PM met with him for 2 days and asked a bunch of hard questions and talked about setting deadlines and budgets -- John never took his calls after that.

#5971 9 years ago

joawi.jpgjoawi.jpg

#5972 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Calling him again today.

Don't worry. He probably couldn't find his phone or computer buried beneath the stacks of new artwork revisions for AIW he had printed out on the owners' dime that nobody else is allowed to see that will never be used on the game.

#5973 9 years ago

If his wife is partially funding his pipe-dream maybe someone should try speaking to her.

#5974 9 years ago

I've lost $4.75k on Predator, and $20k+ on MG and RAZA. I will never pre-order again! They go very quiet when you ask for a refund...

Shysters. Let's be blunt about what Kevin and John Popadiuk are. Prove me wrong, 'Jpop'. Pop goes the weasel indeed.

#5975 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I've lost $4.75k on Predator, and $20k+ on MG and RAZA. I will never pre-order again! They go very quiet when you ask for a refund...
Shysters. Let's be blunt about what Kevin and John Popadiuk are. Prove me wrong, 'Jpop'. Pop goes the weasel indeed.

$25k.

#5976 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I know the private FB owners group is all private and whatnot...but has there been any shred of good news? I feel horrible for guys like this...so much money in limbo - it's probably taking years off people's lives stressing about it!!!

#5977 9 years ago

He may have lost money on Predator but not a penny with Jpop.

His post here is a secondary attempt to manipulate himself into the private owners group. His first attempt failed in an embarrassing way.

You would not believe how many Pinsiders have tried to get in. This guy and Kaneda were more entertaining than most..

#5978 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He may have lost money on Predator but not a penny with Jpop.
His post here is a secondary attempt to manipulate himself into the private owners group. His first attempt failed in an embarrassing way.
You would not believe how many Pinsiders have tried to get in. This guy and Kaneda were more entertaining than most..

Seriously? So you are saying he isn't even an owner?

#5979 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm sure he'll protest.

#5980 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

secondary attempt to manipulate himself into the private owners group

For what benefit or purpose? Am I in the Twilight Zone, wtf is going on

#5981 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from Nibbles:

For what benefit or purpose? Am I in the Twilight Zone, wtf is going on

Guess so, it's his first and only post on Pinside.

#5982 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Loser.

#5983 9 years ago

I would get playfields done asap to restore faith on the 2 pins. I don't have the big bucks & even I can get very nice playfields produced. The only difference is my contractors expect to be paid for their work, & they get paid! Here is pictures of the Star Gazer playfields done on a flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer, which is likely available everywhere around the world.

Like I continue to say pay your staff & contractors what is owed. Restore some faith in yourself with others watching your stuff.

001.JPG001.JPG
003.JPG003.JPG
006.JPG006.JPG

006.JPG006.JPG 010.JPG010.JPG 001.JPG001.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 008.JPG008.JPG
#5984 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But his account was created over a year ago!?
If it's a duplicate account, it took him time to make use of it!

#5985 9 years ago

Pretty sure the guy is legit. He was on the JJP group with the same username. He's from the UK if anyone can check his ip

#5986 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

If u paid in full it would be $17k+4,750+10k... So if u paid $20k in guessing u still owed money

#5987 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm sure he'll protest.

You are 100% totally WRONG.

He is 100% legit.

If you are so confident I will wager you $100

#5988 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I would get playfields done asap to restore faith on the 2 pins. I don't have the big bucks & even I can get very nice playfields produced. The only difference is my contractors expect to be paid for their work, & they get paid! Here is pictures of the Star Gazer playfields done on a flatbed OCE uv inkjet printer, which is likely available everywhere around the world.
Like I continue to say pay your staff & contractors what is owed. Restore some faith in yourself with others watching your stuff.

With all due respect I don't think you should be talking about how to get things done quickly, it has taken you many many years to get to the point of actually producing any playfields and your still having problems.

#5989 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He is 100% legit.

I also remember someone with the same name who was in on the JPOP games.

#5990 9 years ago

What possible reason can anyone offer not to begin legal proceedings to recover money from John Popiaduk? I ordered BHZA and the deadline has way passed and he no longer appears to be even attempting to finish his first game. This appears to be a giant scam.

With this and Predator - there are people on this board who have helped to fleece members here for over $2 million.

When will it stop?

When will Pinside STOP being the preferred media used by scammers to bilk the pinball community?

This needs to stop...no more Scamside.

#5991 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

With all due respect I don't think you should be talking about how to get things done quickly, it has taken you many many years to get to the point of actually producing any playfields and your still having problems.

The bigger issue with jpop besides taking forever, is his terrible customer and communication skills. So he agreed to weekly conferences with Ice just a few weeks back, admitting his "moronic" way of handling things, and just a few weeks later he's not answering his calls or texts.

The 2 people that cheer for jpop are the 2 people he always communicates with. pdx never has a communication problem with him, and stevenp, while not a customer, seems to never have a problem having access.

The rest of us who sent good money in and are asking simple questions, like requesting a timetable since we are YEARS late, we get stonewalled.

#5992 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

What possible reason can anyone offer not to begin legal proceedings to recover money from John Popiaduk?

There doesn't appear to be any money to recover. Any money he has "on paper" is what is owed to him by us.

So I don't personally see how legal proceedings will help anything other than permanently kill it and create some theater for the spectators of this thread. But it won't recover any money.

The key is we do not send him any more good money after bad. He's going to have to figure out a way to finance the completion of the games that doesn't include more money from us, he's lost that privilege.

#5993 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So I don't personally see how legal proceedings will help anything other than permanently kill it and create some theater for the spectators of this thread. But it won't recover any money.
The key is we do not send him any more good money after bad. He's going to have to figure out a way to finance the completion of the games that doesn't include more money from us, he's lost that privilege.

The key to all of this is going to be control. Ice was starting to get a foot in the door, but appears he has been shut out. Until you get JPop to relinquish some control of the project, especially the timeline, I don't know how far you will get.

#5994 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

What possible reason can anyone offer not to begin legal proceedings to recover money from John Popiaduk? I ordered BHZA and the deadline has way passed and he no longer appears to be even attempting to finish his first game. This appears to be a giant scam.
With this and Predator - there are people on this board who have helped to fleece members here for over $2 million.
When will it stop?
When will Pinside STOP being the preferred media used by scammers to bilk the pinball community?
This needs to stop...no more Scamside.

Don't think john is a con artist, just a poor time management or he's in over his head etc...

However, IMO if anyone wanted out, John should refund you, it's no longer on schedule remotely which is to me the definition of breach of contract. Unless John is shipping the pins very shortly he no longer has the right to keep your money. Just ask for/demand a refund, I bet if several or many people ask for/demand a refund you will see him moving his ass a bit more.

Just think, if you bought a TV or a car, paid for 70% of the item, and the seller said he couldn't deliver the item, therefore you don't have a contract anymore, it's a contract for an item, no item means you can demand your money back.

It seems people are ok with the time being extended, but IMO it's getting a bit much with John not even remotely making progress. If it looked bad 5 months ago, at the Expo and after when he didn't show anything, does it look any better now? you would thing 5-6 months would be starting to show some progress.

#5995 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I cannot emphasize enough the solid reasoning behind this statement. Frolic understands perfectly the *real world* situation we are presently in.

Under those real world parameters, what helpful suggestions might Pinside have for us?

#5996 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There doesn't appear to be any money to recover. Any money he has "on paper" is what is owed to him by us.

Why do you say there is no money to recover? Has the bank account been shown?

To me a big issue was that there was a payment schedule and a production schedule which had us paying at various stages of development. However the subsequent payment was asked for before actual production schedules were met.

It appears as if John thinks things are still ok. I don't see any urgency to finish the games.

I understand not wanting to capsize the whole project by a run on the bank, but sometimes a run on the bank is in order and people need to get back whatever's left before the bank is empty.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5997 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why do you say there is no money to recover? Has the bank account been shown?

No one has seen a bank account, but pretty sure it was stated in this thread by StevenP and possibly Ice, when they say he's got money left, it is including our unpaid money. Then I look at the long list of people that have been stiffed, and the kindest explanation is he is low/out of money. Combined with the bit about him not paying himself for several months.

So he took money for the first 3 years, but then stopped. Why? Not hard to figure this out.

It is what it is.

#5998 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

what helpful suggestions might Pinside have for us?

1. Reset the schedule expectations and give John the time he needs. IMO, he's about 2 years from shipping a MG.
2. Get the games flipping and out where people can beat on them. There's a lot to be learned from free testing at shows. Getting flippers, pops, and slings working is trivial, you could even use EM hardware. Rules and scoring are not as important as testing the layout (shots, ball flow, and possible ball traps).
3. Try to get rid of the secrecy; it isn't working anyway.
4. Request periodic updates, but no more often than monthly. They should be simple and include the following:
A. What was accomplished last month
B. What are the upcoming checkpoints
C. What do you plan to accomplish next month

#5999 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He is 100% legit.

I'll take that wager.

All he need do is send me proof of his Magic Girl ownership. He already knows how to do this from our email exchange.

If you agree say so now and I will give him one week from today to do what should take him 5 minutes via an email.

Quoted from Pinballs:

I've lost $4.75k on Predator, and $20k+ on MG and RAZA.

#6000 9 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

1. Reset the schedule expectations and give John the time he needs. IMO, he's about 2 years from shipping a MG.

I think you mean light years as in ~ 10 trillion miles away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.