(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 491.
#5251 9 years ago

Hey thanks Ice, keep us posted. In the event, it turns out he doesn't have enough cash flow to produce the games at this time and just a matter of getting remaining payments to get them done, we are all still stuck where we are and going in circles.
At this point, I don't think anyone wants to send him more cash until we see the results as Frolic mentioned with a new timeline. If he can demonstrate to you the numbers will work, the best plan is likely for him to get a loan from the bank.

#5252 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey thanks Ice, keep us posted. In the event, it turns out he doesn't have enough cash flow to produce the games at this time and just a matter of getting remaining payments to get them done, we are all still stuck where we are and going in circles.
At this point, I don't think anyone wants to send him more cash until we see the results as Frolic mentioned with a new timeline. If he can demonstrate to you the numbers will work, the best plan is likely for him to get a loan from the bank.

All types of financing should be considered and every option should be explored including bank financing. I'm not sure what he's already done or not.

It's a lot of what ifs right now. But yes, John needs to have a playable MG up and running as part of the production timeline and who that will be, obviously

#5253 9 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Wait a minute...

So who is telling the truth here?

They are both lawyers, so I vote that they are both full of shit!

#5254 9 years ago

I think JPOP needs to sell his game assets to Stern or JJP. Let them finish the game and pay JPOP as a consultant with the power to fire him if he doesn't perform. It would kill him to see someone take over his baby which would act as motivation.

#5255 9 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Wait a minute...

So who is telling the truth here?

It's quite possible both are...
The no refunds might be a new decision

#5256 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The no refunds might be a new decision

lol

#5257 9 years ago

Ice, would John allow people to come in and help assemble games? I know he is not even that far yet but if he were to get that far Im sure there would be some who would love to be part of the process and help get these games together. I would certainly do it IF I were allowed to buy a game once they were all assembled.

#5258 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ice, would John allow people to come in and help assemble games? I know he is not even that far yet but if he were to get that far Im sure there would be some who would love to be part of the process and help get these games together. I would certainly do it IF I were allowed to buy a game once they were all assembled.

If you'll recall, for an extra $1000 JPop or Ben Heck would deliver your unassembled game and help you assemble it.

#5259 9 years ago

Thinking about this some more, since we're talking about. It's freaking crazy we're at the end of March, when the Magic Girl reveal was December, and we still don't have playable games to show.

I know I'm restating the obvious, but his development style is so screwed up its not funny. Those Magic Girls are key to everything. Finish the prototypes, build 19 games. That is not a Mount Everest type of challenge.

#5260 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If you'll recall, for an extra $1000 JPop or Ben Heck would deliver your unassembled game and help you assemble it.

Ben Heck? Hell Yeah!! JPop? No thanks.

#5261 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thinking about this some more, since we're talking about. It's freaking crazy we're at the end of March, when the Magic Girl reveal was December, and we still don't have playable games to show.
I know I'm restating the obvious, but his development style is so screwed up its not funny. Those Magic Girls are key to everything. Finish the prototypes, build 19 games. That is not a Mount Everest type of challenge.

Exactly, its really not that difficult is it. Thus, when he gets that part done through whatever means and channels it will be a huge step for him.

You guys do remember he stated back in December that MG's were to start production in "early March".

Actually, I got that from the MG guys.

Crack open a beer, watch a little NCAA and be thankful its not SkitB land.....yet.

#5262 9 years ago

Phew... just ducked back into this thread for some nice relaxing atmosphere. That Predator thread is crazy . Nothing in jpop's world can be as f'd up as that. We have hope!!!

#5263 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Ben Heck? Hell Yeah!! JPop? No thanks.

The Ben option: "OK customer, let's get this thing built!"

The JPop option: "OK, let's build this pin right after we remodel your house so that it complements the artwork of RAZA."

#5264 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The JPop option: "OK, let's build this pin right after we remodel your house so that it complements the artwork of RAZA."

"... and I know the perfect place to start with the remodeling -- door hinges. Don't mind if I say so myself, but I know a few things about hinges", JPOP was overheard saying.

#5265 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Haha yeah 1k to have jpop assemble the machine plus room and board for a year

#5266 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I literally lol'ed.

#5267 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

And that's just for the cabinet!

Boom boom tish!!

rd.

#5268 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And that's just for the cabinet!
Boom boom tish!!
rd.

Then he could sleep in the cabinet.

#5269 9 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Then he could sleep in the cabinet.

To create a comfortable bed, first line it with shredded NDAs.

#5270 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

To create a comfortable bed, first line it with shredded NDAs.

Sorta like a rats nest? Hmmmmm

I keeeed!

rd

#5271 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

lol #1 thread post!

#5272 9 years ago

That "we will assemble it!" sounds like John Math...

2 round trip flights within US: $1000
Shipping machine: $325
2 nights hotel X 2 people: $400
Ben Heck 8 hours labor: $1000

Total: $2725 Net loss ($1725)

Math. The basic skill to have before starting a business.

#5273 9 years ago

So, Ben.... you're not coming to my house?

#5274 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Best post in this entire thread and basically sums it all up. People can defend JPOP all they want, but when you remove emotion and pride, the facts and logic prevail. From the beginning people just gave John too much credit. They assumed the games he designed in the past were 100% his accomplishments.........Wrong!! John was part of a team of talent, that many here so easily forget when they hold him in such high regard. I bet those same people would be shocked to know many of Michelangelo's greatest pieces were done by his apprentices, but he got all the credit.

#5275 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So, Ben.... you're not coming to my house?

You have better luck getting these machines if you were to pay Ben his hourly rate for him to go knock down Jpop's door, take whatever he has to date, order the remainder and have Ben personally build this for you and deliver it to your house.

Barring that, you might as well look to pred for how this mess will turn out.

#5276 9 years ago

Nah, not interested in that job.

What if these games don't even shoot well? In theory they should, but I've never even seen a ball roll across one in a video, or in person.

Predator sucked ass but at least they brought it to shows.

#5277 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

$1000/day...that's a damn good rate. $125/hr. No wonder JPOPs broke at those rates!

Quoted from benheck:

Nah, not interested in that job.
What if these games don't even shoot well? In theory they should, but I've never even seen a ball roll across one in a video, or in person.
Predator sucked ass but at least they brought it to shows.

I like the honesty. Predator did suck ass. I was always told "it wasn't set up right" every time I played it.

#5278 9 years ago

Ben, on a serious note. If you find yourself in Toronto, you ARE invited to my house. We'll do bbq and pinball.

#5280 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is probably old news (and ancient history), but I'm really curious what happened between you and John -- you two partnered on BHZA for a while, right?

#5283 9 years ago

John didn't like that I was helping Chuck out, since Chuck had a competing zombie game.

Not that I cared, wasn't my idea to be in the game anyway and I didn't have any creative input.

I'm shocked ya'll didn't get your pitchforks out a year ago, with that pointless KISS thing he clearly spent a lot of time on.

As a bystander that's where I lost faith. As an owner, that's where I would have lost my patience.

#5284 9 years ago

We've talked about the Kiss thing at the time. For me personally, it was a last request for a dying friend, who has since passed. So, hard to get angry over that. But even if we cut him the slack at the time over it, that is ancient history now.

#5285 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As an owner, that's where I would have lost my patience.

Expo 2014 for me.

#5286 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John didn't like that I was helping Chuck out, since Chuck had a competing zombie game.
Not that I cared, wasn't my idea to be in the game anyway and I didn't have any creative input.
I'm shocked ya'll didn't get your pitchforks out a year ago, with that pointless KISS thing he clearly spent a lot of time on.
As a bystander that's where I lost faith. As an owner, that's where I would have lost my patience.

I agree on Kiss. I was surprised these issues didn't come to a head back then. I think what happened is the art looked so amazing on the Kiss machine that in some strange, twisted way, it fed the excitement of JPOP making machines. They related the progress of the Kiss machine to his other projects instead of realizing John was essentially out of control.......The "denial Koolaid" is powerful stuff. I think the disaster with SkitB is waking people up.....Although I would argue, they still have a long way to go before they are fully awoken. If JPOP doesn't work with Ice and show real progress, this story will get ugly real fast.

#5287 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He definitely needs to leave the math to the CPA's, even Jethro went to school to learn some "ciphering", "naught, naught, carry your naught"....

jethro.jpgjethro.jpg

#5288 9 years ago

After seeing this shit show play out with Kevin and SkitB and watching some people's douche baggery actions in this community it gives me great pause to go forward in trying to help out and be a good guy.

I think I'm going back to the sidelines, if it doesn't work out with John I can see myself only getting F ed further. I don't really care about the $$, I just hope we all get our pins asap.

I'm gonna try and have another conversation with John like I said tomorrow and implore him to get off his ass and communicate the truth and updates on his own.

After watching the "Mr. X" anonymous group work to uncover Kevin's fraud and then sit there silent for months while more money was wasted and time went by that could have given people time to get their refund from paypal within the 180 day period makes me sick.

#5289 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After seeing this shit show play out with Kevin and SkitB and watching some people's douche baggery actions in this community it gives me great pause to go forward in trying to help out and be a good guy.
I think I'm going back to the sidelines, if it doesn't work out with John I can see myself only getting F ed further. I don't really care about the $$, I just hope we all get our pins asap.
I'm gonna try and have another conversation with John like I said tomorrow and implore him to get off his ass and communicate the truth and updates on his own.
After watching the "Mr. X" anonymous group work to uncover Kevin's fraud and then sit there silent for months while more money was wasted and time went by that could have given people time to get their refund from paypal within the 180 day period makes me sick.

FWIW I appreciate the effort you have put into getting answers from JPOP. We need more of this not less. I hope you reconsider. There may still be time to save this project from enountering the same fate as Predator by asking the tough questions and not accepting silence as an answer.

#5290 9 years ago

Yeah, the truth is, as Aaron found out the hard way, you can get burned trying to help someone who's got issues. I dunno if John is the liar Kevin is, but there's a reason he hasn't shown shit yet. And you can't just swoop in and change him into a new person.

I think you should walk away, so should FAST and Mission, and realize you can't save the world. This is all on John, not you.

#5291 9 years ago

I'm not disagreeing. I just want to clarify the distinction in working for us to get our games out and working for JPOP. I don't consider Ice to be a JPOP insider.

You are 100% right that anything that happens is on John's shoulders. He has no one to blame but himself.

I have asked for a refund on both games which I believe I will never see. I may just walk away from pinball after this.

#5292 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

FWIW I appreciate the effort you have put into getting answers from JPOP. We need more of this not less. I hope you reconsider. There may still be time to save this project from enountering the same fate as Predator by asking the tough questions and not accepting silence as an answer.

Don't worry about that, I along with everybody else needs to keep hammering for answers, truth and communication, especially now after all the SkitB fiasco has blown up.

Given all the red flags that have been waving for the last 2 years with Jpop, I just don't want to be seen going down with the ship, side by side and accused of whatever if it doesn't work out.

Most of everybody involved here are just good guys, all in the same boat, trying to get the truth and our pins. Some people aren't and would love to see John go down the shitter and actually get pleasure watching people suffer and actively get involved to make it happen.

#5293 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We can only hope that the Skit-B scandal will finally serve as a wake up call to John. Perhaps seeing the worst case scenario unfold like this will be the slap in the face that he needs to start taking his customers seriously.

#5294 9 years ago

I'm not even sure what can be uncovered with jpop that comes close to skit-b, that could bring him down just like that.

Ok, so we wanted to see his finances, and we'll probably learn all the money is gone and he has none to build machines with. Well, we knew this.

We'll learn he stiffed vendors, but that came from him running out of money and he was too proud to admit that happened so he left people hanging. Well, we knew this as well.

The road map to success for John is the same as it was yesterday. Finish those prototypes, build the 19 magic girls, get them out so he's not a joke, then sell more magic girls to raise more money.

#5295 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Given all the red flags that have been waving for the last 2 years with Jpop, I just don't want to be seen going down with the ship, side by side and accused of whatever if it doesn't work out.

I think I speak for all of us when I say that your efforts in attempting to remedy this situation are highly appreciated.

#5296 9 years ago

The problem is........For this pin to get finished JPOP needs to be removed from the project......Which is not going to happen.

#5297 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The road map to success for John is the same as it was yesterday. Finish those prototypes, build the 19 magic girls, get them out so he's not a joke, then sell more magic girls to raise more money.

Seems easy doesn't it. Like you, I want a timeline on that happening yesterday. Why doesn't it add up?

Quoted from gweempose:

I think I speak for all of us when I say that your efforts in attempting to remedy this situation are highly appreciated.

Thanks Gweem, but I really haven't done much of anything. I don't know if anything of what I've said has stuck with him but I will give him our thoughts again and make sure he understands the sobering reality that is at hand right now.

#5298 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will give him our thoughts again and make sure he understands the sobering reality that is at hand right now.

He cares greatly about reputation, he's not going to want to be tarred with the same brush skit-b is getting and have that be part of his pinball bio for all of history. Maybe that can be the catalyst.

#5299 9 years ago

I for one appreciate what you have been doing Ice, but I feel now is not the time for us to sit back. We have for too long which let John get us all in the situation we are in now.
Now is the time to lay into him and force him to get his shit together. If he won't then we legally force him.
I know I'm not alone in saying I care about my money.

#5300 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He cares greatly about reputation, he's not going to want to be tarred with the same brush skit-b is getting and have that be part of his pinball bio for all of history. Maybe that can be the catalyst.

I've always said he'll go to his grave trying to protect his pinball legacy and will do whatever it takes.

He has just exercised such poor judgement and is so financially inept and a horrendous business person.

He needs help to turn that part of it around. Maybe he is listening and starting to really get his shit together. We will know soon enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.