(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 491.
#4951 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now I realize that so many of the rubberneckers want to see this thing crash and burn horribly and it makes for great conversation on here,

I don't thing there are many folks here who want to see this crash and burn, a few but not many. I think most want to see this happen so those who invested get what they have paid for. Rubberneckers are not looking for something to crash and burn, however, when they see a train wreck, they will "stretch their necks" to get a look at it, and yes around here, they will continue to look and talk about it until it is no longer interesting, but that does not mean they want to see it crash and burn. I have little doubt that your attitude and confidence in your ability to make this a success, will keep folks interested in watching what happens from here.

Quoted from iceman44:

I don't really care at this point about what happened in the past.

I applaud your confidence that you can get the job done, and wanting to start with a clean slate, but, as the saying goes, "those that do not learn history are destined to repeat it". It may certainly be in your best interest to find out from those who had issues with john what happened, so you can hopefully find a way to be successful working with him.

#4952 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Couldn't disagree more. I wasn't born and raised in Texas but I love the Texas attitude. Texas gets shit done.

<insert one of many many texas political failures to "get shit done" here>

Texas is the storm wall against the hurricane of common sense...

#4953 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I dunno. I've been more and more uncomfortable with this whole situation. Is the only way "we" get our machines is if the people that get screwed get cut loose completely and eat it? What's past is past, and screw them as long as we get ours?
That might sound harsh, but I'm wrestling with this. We're all pinball guys, I don't want to see people hurt.

I'm a little confused by this. John has left a trail of people with good intentions, but they're all already out as far as I know. Meaning it's done, whether or not someone else steps in now or not.

It's not like FAST and Mission are trying to oust anyone, they're trying to take their turn step up when everyone else has fallen by the wayside (for whatever reason, maybe all John's fault, no judgement here). It's a vacuum, not occupied is what I'm saying.

I don't have the impression anyone is mad that Aaron and Brian might succeed, more that they're trying to warn them and keep everyone's expectations realistic.

Aaron is aware of the history, so IMHO if he's still willing to try why not let him? Only real risk is to him and wasting his time right? Because what's the alternative right now?

I guess my perspective is all you have to risk as owners is setting yourself for maybe more disappointment, but maybe real progress. At least this time the process is more transparent, and the owners are being included and asked to support, as opposed to being left in the dark and not even being aware of people trying to help and being screwed or pushed away etc.

#4954 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Icey, I haven't picked that up at all. The overwhelming mood is one of "I hope you guys get your games"
Nobody wants to see someone lose $10,000 or $16,000 bucks. Or $26,000 in some cases.
rd.

Not everybody like yourself RD. Plenty though, just like JJP, SkitB and Stern. Just the way it is.

Quoted from frolic:

I dunno. I've been more and more uncomfortable with this whole situation. Is the only way "we" get our machines is if the people that get screwed get cut loose completely and eat it? What's past is past, and screw them as long as we get ours?
That might sound harsh, but I'm wrestling with this. We're all pinball guys, I don't want to see people hurt.

Exactly, wtf is the best solution? Tell John to go F himself and try and build it on your own?

Who has gotten screwed? Who is owed what? How do you think these people get paid?

If pins don't get made, nobody gets anything. I can't see how people don't view that as a win win for everybody. Pins are made and money flows in and others that put in the work get compensated based on whatever agreement was worked out.

If you got "Jpop'ed", that sucks, you should have known better, or at least come on here and try and convince anybody else that actually WANTS to help move this project forward not to. That's what I see. People are free to say what they want and do what they want.

There is a reason, many of them, that Aaron and others still want to help. Let me say it again, I don't give a shit about the past, I feel bad for anybody that hasn't gotten paid yet but it ain't happening until and IF these pins get out the door.

Simple as that.

#4955 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It may certainly be in your best interest to find out from those who had issues with john what happened, so you can hopefully find a way to be successful working with him.

That I can promise you is exactly what is happening.

#4956 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I guess my perspective is all you have to risk as owners is setting yourself for maybe more disappointment, but maybe real progress. At least this time the process is more transparent, and the owners are being included and asked to support, as opposed to being left in the dark and not even being aware of people trying to help and being screwed or pushed away etc.

Couldn't have said it any better Aurich.

The man just opened up his blogs for the world to see. It's a start. Conversations with Aaron and others are moving forward.

If they do I'll put more of my own personal money in to help facilitate a solution.

Look FORWARD. Can't wake up every day and cry about shit that happened in the past, sorry.

#4957 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

John has left a trail of people with good intentions, but they're all already out as far as I know. Meaning it's done, whether or not someone else steps in now or not.

Well, I will accept that most of this is "old news", it is just news to me, so I've given it more thought recently. I can accept anyone working with John going forward knows what they are getting themselves into. Same for any future buyers.

Quoted from iceman44:

If pins don't get made, nobody gets anything. I can't see how people don't view that as a win win for everybody.

Yes, I agree pins being made = good.

Don't mind my hand wringing .

#4958 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If John can't get it done himself then it goes to a plan B handoff.

Do you mean using the legal process to take MG and RAZA away from him?

#4959 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Texas is the storm wall against the Hurricane of common sense...

no matter where you go, someone who doesn't wear the same color tie as you will do something to piss you off. Don't think that's unique to the Lone Star State.

#4960 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Steve Ritchie once stated in an interview that a Know-it-all newcomer had to have his first game taken away from him in order for it to be finished. WCS94 turned out great!

I don't think that's what Ice meant, but it might not be a bad thing!

#4961 9 years ago

I just want to add.... today is march 13. Less than 2 weeks ago we were waiting for the big "reveal". All these revelations of the boards being thrown away and replaced, FAST/Mission not being on board the past 5 months, programmer not working on anything because he wasn't paid and packed up and left, etc. this is all new shit that has come to light.

So, there's been a lot to take in and discuss, can't blame me for not turning the page when this is all so new.

#4962 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Icey, I haven't picked that up at all. The overwhelming mood is one of "I hope you guys get your games"
Nobody wants to see someone lose $10,000 or $16,000 bucks. Or $26,000 in some cases.
rd.

No one wants to see this fail. People like Ice try to turn everything into a binary situation that you're either all for it or all against it. I believe everyone is all for it but most are realists who see the serious issues and question them. No harm in that no matter what anyone says.

#4963 9 years ago

Yeah, it's more "once bitten, twice shy".

#4964 9 years ago

That's how I read it. First he alludes to a "Team effort" then "get done one way or another". Sounds like the lawyer might be lawyering up if jpop doesn't deliver and deliver soon!

#4965 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I will accept that most of this is "old news", it is just news to me, so I've given it more thought recently.

This is the weirdest part of the whole Jpop saga to me, all the things that I assumed all these years that the owners knew about. That you had all this access to secret blogs, and the leaked photos I saw were just the tip of the iceberg.

Then it turn out that no, most of those photos are all you got to see too, and often I knew more about the behind the scenes info than the people who were paying all the money. Pretty sad. This new era of openness is hopefully a turning point on all that.

#4966 9 years ago

Look, seriously, I get why anybody and everybody would question all of this BS, and that's what it is.

Crying and whining about it non stop won't make a bit of F ing difference.

And no, its not about "lawyering up", that won't even be necessary, there will be ways to get this pin out the door in one form or another, with John, in some capacity no matter what.

I wouldn't waste my time if I thought this was a lost cause, it's not.

What is going to happen shortly, is Aaron and his team of 5 guys or so will be traveling to Chicago to meet with John and the goal is to come away from there with a set of GOALS, and a workable TIMELINE to get shit done. John has to convey concepts etc. to the "team", and he is willing.

I'm confident that Aaron and "team" can take that dialogue and make it happen. Does that mean that John can't do it with what he already has in place? Nope. But if the track record is any indication then I think we need another jockey to help whip this thing to the finish line.

Let's please not get off into, "omg, what about all the time, $$$ and BS that has gone into getting to this point with other vendors" mantra.

There's Option A, and then there is Option B. Can it be any clearer?

Two options are better than One, especially when the second one involves the FAST team.

And I believe, its a unanimous feeling across all the owners.

Once we get all the BS that I know very little about in place and those guys really do their thing, then I think there needs to be some certainty, trust and credibility rebuilt with John.

The "mystery" of all the $$$ and financials, what's left, etc. needs to no longer be a "mystery" and that is where I can really help and vouch for and give credence to the business side of what he is trying to accomplish.

If there isn't a "profit motive" and its purely about the "love of pinball", then there is no way its ever gonna get done. SkitB included.

If there isn't a profit to be made, there will never be a pin #2 or pin #3, ask Stern, JJP. The numbers have to work or we are all just wasting our time.

It's just my guess, but most people up to now have told John what he wants hear, kiss his ass, etc. And he's probably surrounded himself with those people. It's a new day! Brutal honesty with an underlying sense of love for him and what he is doing is what is called for.

Treating people the right way, owners and vendors, is paramount, and I won't put up with any BS going forward, despite what has happened in the past.

It's simple, we have artists that have gotten in way over their heads from a business standpoint. Time to fix that, if possible.

#4967 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

goal is to come away from there with a set of GOALS, and a workable TIMELINE to get shit done

I'm willing to bet John has no timeline, everything is linear with no schedule, which is a horrible way to run a project (and a business). And not because of your customers, it keeps yourself in check so time doesn't slip away. Any product design I work on at my job, not only do I have to come up with a complete schedule of every step in the process of design, but a complete test plan. I also have to do quarterly updates to our parent company on every project with 3 things highlighted "quality, cost, schedule". My last job, we would write entire specs up front, with cost estimates and if the BOM changed the final assembly cost by more than 5%, we had to have a meeting and discuss why it changed cost, and can we do anything to reduce it, and if not the sales team had to explain to the customer why their cost went up (which they didn't want to do because often that lead to sales getting cancelled).

#4968 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's Option A, and then there is Option B. Can it be any clearer?
Two options are better than One, especially when the second one involves the FAST team.
And I believe, its a unanimous feeling across all the owners.

And you forgot about the third option: buyers wanting their money back. Will you aid in this aswell? Or is your goal to make sure that there is no run on the banks? Because when you write "unanimous feeling across all the owners" you seem to ignore those who are trying to get their refund (just like John has done).

Some buyers have remorse because of the price, some just don't like the idea of playing a game that reminds them of this whole ordeal and just want out. Will you help this group get their refund?

You seem pretty adamant about getting these games out, no matter what, but what if the refunds create a run on the banks? Will you tell everyone here the truth? Because you seem to be pretty machiavellian right now.

You write of "brutal honesty" but only towards John in private. I hope that you will extend that style of honesty to those here who are thinking of buying or cancelling.

#4969 9 years ago

Sucks to hear but a buyer stepping in to help to save his game made , probably has only one focus. Honestly that is understandable .
Figuring out refunds should not be on his table. Does jpop owe you that , yes. Does Iceman no. But fair correction on unanimous .

#4970 9 years ago

best thing for refunds is to get the game playable and get new buyers lined up. So ice's plan will help.

#4971 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

best thing for refunds is to get the game playable and get new buyers lined up. So ice's plan will help.

So you're assuming that Zidware doesn't have enough money to refund those who want out now? New buyers are needed?

#4972 9 years ago

It's all a guess so don't freak out yet

#4973 9 years ago

And you forgot about the third option: buyers wanting their money back. Will you aid in this aswell? Or is your goal to make sure their isn't a run on the banks? Because when you write "unanimous feeling across all the owners" you seem to ignore those who are trying to get their refund (just like John has done).
Some buyers have remorse because of the price, some just don't like the idea of playing a game that reminds them of this whole ordeal and just want out. Will you help this group get their refund?
You seem pretty adamant about getting these games out, no matter what, but what if the refunds create a run on the banks? Will you tell everyone here the truth? Because you seem to be pretty machiavellian right now.
You write of "brutal honesty" but only towards John in private. I hope that you will extend that style of honesty to those here who are thinking of buying or cancelling.

I guarantee you that it will be "brutal honesty" in public. You guys know me. I'm not vouching for shit until and if I can verify it, and John knows that too.

I don't want people paying another F ing dime unless I believe its a GO. And that is what I think will happen. If it gets down to a liquidation shit show, then so be it, but it won't be hidden and will come to light asap. I don't want Aaron and FAST to waste their time either.

Basically, what I'm saying to John is put the financial part out in the open and in "escrow". I will give everybody my honest assessment of IN or OUT.

Full disclosure, fiduciary duty, honesty, integrity and simply doing the right thing. That's how it has to be going forward.

#4974 9 years ago

Ice, Glad you are taking strong interest, but sorry, after all this with John, the last thing I would do is send in more money, just because YOU (or anyone else) may happen to "believe it's a GO", in the future. Still too many unknowns.

#4975 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Ice, Glad you are taking strong interest, but sorry, after all this with John, the last thing I would do is send in more money, just because you "believe it's a GO". Still too many unknowns.

IF its a "go" and you owe money on a pin with John then you will send it in or be done.

I doubt you are in as usual Pinstor. So it doesn't matter what you think.

You do this as par for the course with JJP and everybody else, you have no pin collection nor do you contribute to this site so like I said, it doesn't matter what you think.

#4976 9 years ago

I see your thoughts are the only ones that matter.

Carry on.

#4977 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF its a "go" and you owe money on a pin with John then you will send it in or be done.
I doubt you are in as usual Pinstor. So it doesn't matter what you think.
You do this as par for the course with JJP and everybody else, you have no pin collection nor do you contribute to this site so like I said, it doesn't matter what you think.

Whew! I just went downstairs to see if my collection was still there. All good.

#4978 9 years ago

The only ones that really matter are the ones invested . This community bullshit is a fn joke!!
If you can take the time to chime take one more moment to update your info.

#4979 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If the code runs a computer of some kind (as it would with a PROC, Johns Board, OR FAST) then that can output the sound and you just need an amp.

U would still need a cross over and a amp.. I was just curious if they had one or if fast already has a dedicated one.

#4980 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The only ones that really matter are the ones invested . This community bullshit is a fn joke!!
If you can take the time to chime take one more moment to update your info.

Unless you also consider those of us who aren't on the buyers list, but are watching from the sidelines.
All together, we have a ton of cash for potential future projects.
What has already been done on these 2 pins looks incredible and I would be lying if I said I didn't want one.
At this point though, things are way too nuts to even think about sending in money.

#4981 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

no matter where you go, someone who doesn't wear the same color tie as you will do something to piss you off. Don't think that's unique to the Lone Star State.

True, but in other places, they're not the ones frequently in control. I don't want to turn this into a politics thread, but I am going to extinguish this asinine belief that everyone that lives in Texas thinks OMG THIS IS THE BESTEST PLACE EVAR.......

#4982 9 years ago

Door's open bud. Let me guess, you're here because of a job.

#4983 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I guarantee you that it will be "brutal honesty" in public. You guys know me. I'm not vouching for shit until and if I can verify it, and John knows that too.
I don't want people paying another F ing dime unless I believe its a GO. And that is what I think will happen. If it gets down to a liquidation shit show, then so be it, but it won't be hidden and will come to light asap. I don't want Aaron and FAST to waste their time either.
Basically, what I'm saying to John is put the financial part out in the open and in "escrow". I will give everybody my honest assessment of IN or OUT.
Full disclosure, fiduciary duty, honesty, integrity and simply doing the right thing. That's how it has to be going forward.

You didn't answer his question. Are you going to discuss refunds with jpop?

#4984 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

True, but in other places, they're not the ones frequently in control. I don't want to turn this into a politics thread, but I am going to extinguish this asinine belief that everyone that lives in Texas thinks OMG THIS IS THE BESTEST PLACE EVAR.......

I'm gonna say the United States of America is the best place ever. Gotta give props to my Canadian friends as well

Quoted from Shrub_Light:You didn't answer his question. Are you going to discuss refunds with jpop?

Yes Shrub, that will be part of the financial discussion.

#4985 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes Shrub, that will be part of the financial discussion.

Thank you. Also see if there is still going to be a difference between the regular and cointaker versions on RAZA.
Last time I asked Chris he had no idea and if there is not going to be any difference, I don't think the CT people should have to pay $500 more.

#4986 9 years ago

Texas the land is beautiful beyond compare, Texas the country and state has a grand tradition and storied history, Texas the government is a hot mess and a national embarrassment.

#4987 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The only ones that really matter are the ones invested.

Not sure I like this attitude either, as JPop has proclaimed he is in for the long haul and has designed 4 games, so getting MG out the door is relevant to far more than the 20 or so MG owners. I do agree MG should be the sole focus until it is out the door, and that will be the biggest challenge for volunteer project manager Iceman & company.

#4988 9 years ago

so you take precedence over the guys that paid those prices first because you may buy a game down the road ?

#4989 9 years ago

*edit* I'm not going to get sucked into this stupidity.

Why was Generica moderated and not anyone else?

#4990 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*edit* I'm not going to get sucked into this stupidity.
Why was Generica moderated and not anyone else?

You mean like your idiotic comment posted here:

Quoted from Frax:

Texas is the storm wall against the Hurricane of common sense...

Thanks for your contribution.

#4991 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You mean like your idiotic comment posted here:

And yours is just as valuable.

#4992 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from Frax:

Nice to be among gentlemen

#4993 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm not the one who posted stupid political shit in a pinball thread. You did.

#4994 9 years ago

Wow, Chill folks. It's pinball.. a game, for fun !
All right now, shake hands.
Anyone ?

#4995 9 years ago

Thanks for the Canadian props Ice, we tend to be to nice a people to get into these squabbles as seen above

#4996 9 years ago

Still waiting to see evidence of RAZA progress.... 100+ more messages and the blog and new preview page looking pretty much the same.

Love all the positive vibes and new hope but... has there been anything tangible that can be shared with the buyers????

#4997 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

so you take precedence over the guys that paid those prices first because you may buy a game down the road ?

The only precedence I mentioned is MG production above all else. Where you came up with the rest of that is a mystery.

#4998 9 years ago

For The Record...

iliketurtles_large.jpgiliketurtles_large.jpg

#4999 9 years ago

If people with money on the line are supposed to be the only ones allowed to comment, why post this topic in a PUBLIC forum?

#5000 9 years ago

Not the only ones allowed to comment but certainly the ones that really matter . At least to them. Used to be a good place for those in and those intersted to share the journey but now a days a few folks like to come in threads they are not involved in and don't even have real interest in just to add negativity .
That makes no sense and has no relevance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.