(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12304 4 years ago

Just went to zombieyeti website. Wow!...just Wow!

#12768 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

It keeps putting me back to page 255!

Me too!

#12857 4 years ago

Did someone post this here? Great stuff!

dandd.jpg
#13103 4 years ago

Best Hitler video ever! Thanks...needed the laugh. "My Lover..." I almost peed!!

#13105 4 years ago

Zombie! Make as many as people want! Don't leave money on the table...you deserve it!

#13121 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Why not start a ZombieYeti thread? I think he deserves more exposure v. buried in this 13k+ thread of marathon postings.

This is a great idea. Please re-post all the artwork there so we can have it in one place.

#13532 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Gameplay video:

Flippers look underpowered

#14156 4 years ago

Wow....I REALLY don't like that the OP can't close down a Thread when asked. I thought that was the rule.

#14162 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

People will discuss what they want to discuss. Closing the thread would be a waste of time since someone would just start a new one.

But I thought that was the OP choice. (that's what was told to me)

#14164 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This thread is way bigger than 1 pinsider.

...aren't they all...

#14329 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If I was stating the "obvious" then people would stop throwing all their money at pre-orders and we would have some better recourse about it....sure doesn't look "obvious" to me if people keep doing it.

captain obvious.jpg
#14345 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And the redundancy, oh my gawd, the redundancy here.

You said redundancy twice....

#14465 4 years ago

jay Poop art.jpg
#14535 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I would pass on this and start over If I planned on making it work.

And maybe use standard cab, glass, parts, etc?

#14560 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I would also like to personally thank everyone who believed and supported me in this endeavor.

Bill, you took a chance and put money out...I hope you get to keep the machine...
...oops! I ment Dan!

#14824 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Since we always bring up Occam's Razor

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice. --Albert Einstein

#14838 4 years ago

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

#15048 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't want John to go to jail. It's not really a worry for me, because frankly I think it's utterly unlikely.
I'm totally not victim blaming here, at all! But you guys took a risk sending money to someone who never actually made pinball machines by himself. Turns out he was an artist flake, he dicked around for years, and you lost your cash. Totally sucks.
But you're all adults who should have known the risks going in. Do I think you have the right to sue him and make sure he makes right what he can and doesn't "get away" with anything? Hell yes.
But going to jail? Come on. That's just a horrible thing to wish on someone. And I get that people are mad at him. But he didn't take your money and go to a tropical island. He did what some of us thought he'd always do, he farted around with pinball ideas for years, and never finished shit. As lame as it might be, he did work on pinball this whole time. He did spend your money on custom parts and development. It wasn't a scam, or a ponzi scheme, it was just a failed business from a dreamer who didn't handle the reality of getting things done.
It wouldn't feel like a victory to me, but rather a really dark mark on the hobby if he actually did jail time for that.

...I'm sure his lawyer will be quoting from this...

#15430 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Whoever I help, I will keep your information private. I will not share your information on this forum or anywhere else in my life. You have my word.
My contact info:

You're a great guy and that's a nice offer...but if anyone here needs $500, they should not be collecting pinball machines...

#15438 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Maybe, just one good deed is what this community needs to turn the tide in a positive direction. Pay it forward, right?

Agreed!

#15442 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think that's really fair

Yes, BackFlipper straightened me right out....

#15454 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Edit: Looks like Jim beat me to it. Man, does this thread move fast!

I KNOW! I've been spanked already!

#15462 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Not to be confused with a butterfly's wings flapping in China. This price is scientifically derived from numbers only tangentially related to the actual price of tea in China, which we have found is profoundly more accurate than actual prices paid for tea in China. How this affects you, your child, your pinball purchase or an acquaintance is derived, again, scientifically, by a patent-pending method we'd love to discuss, but can't, at this time. It has little to nothing to do with the technology behind the magic eight ball. A brief overview of the connections between the price of tea in China and pinball will be posted here soon....

#15539 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am really happy to have been able give back.

Ever in Jersey, steak dinner, drinks and cigars are on me!

#15856 4 years ago

Don't you have work to do?

#15876 4 years ago

...don't you have work to do?

1 week later
#16136 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

But yeah you're right, I'm the asshole.

I didn't know whether to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" that post....

2 weeks later
#16880 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

and CSI on the other hand are not great

I think CSI is great....

#16951 4 years ago

Childish!...I want no part in it

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

2 months later
#17833 4 years ago

When you click on any of the machines...the info tab...it is an order email...

zid.jpg

#17861 4 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Max Bialystock: You were saying that under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit.
Leo Bloom: Yes, it's quite possible.
Max Bialystock: You keep saying that, but you don't tell me how. How could a producer make more money with a flop than with a hit?
Leo Bloom: It's simply a matter of creative accounting. Let us assume, just for the moment, that you are a dishonest man.
Max Bialystock: Assume away!

Fixed it for ya....

producers.jpg

#17878 4 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

C'mon Folks, Strange is Jpop!!!

Jpop is Strange?

#17922 4 years ago

These poems are always real clever
There are some good ones I'm enjoying, you see
I'm gonna come up with a great one...
But hold on, I gotta go pee

#18087 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sorry that I must bring down that income average substantially, but am very happy that I am able to up the average in the brain department.

#18091 4 years ago

I'll try!

bump_nose.gif

2 months later
#18456 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Disabling his can would cause him to have to live at his shop.

I think disabling his can is going to far...

#18460 3 years ago

Well. him and Bill Cosby...

1 week later
#18509 3 years ago

Well, LinkedIn got it right......

johnpoppadouchebag_(resized).jpg

#18512 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BWAHHAHAHHA! Is that for real!?!?

Er, it had some help......

1 week later
#18537 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet you wish you, and these guys, could tell him he's number 1, if you know what I mean

You mean #2

#18543 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't a lot of people pre-order #2?

...and that's exactly what they got!

#18553 3 years ago

wonka_i_see_what_you_did_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#18733 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Come on Ben, you know no collector is stupid enough to give someone that builds pinballs in his basement any money.

i_can_see_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#18867 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks.. you need the second one too for the full effect. (Upside down backglass FTW)

Good stuff!!

4 months later
#19367 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It takes 2 minutes to write a review

Added my 2 cents (all it's worth)!

#19375 3 years ago

Just saw Magnificent 7! Sheesh! ….it was ok, but nothing compared to the original! (YB/SM)

magnificent 7 (resized).jpg

#19658 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Will miss him terribly.

Like the plague!

#19816 3 years ago

Not bad!

0f0d5eea814d20219db2718ef88f99cd7e285dea (resized).jpg

#19864 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in pullback mode anyhow.

thats what she said (resized).jpg

#19893 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've written jpop a script to open the seminar up. Somehow I don't think this is what he'll say, and somehow I doubt we are going to feel any satisfaction at the end of what he does say, and likely more rage. But here is what I suggest:
Hello everyone, thank you for coming. I just need to address something before we move along with this. I fucked up. Badly. I am going to own up to this now, belatedly, and I want to sincerely apologize to all the people I've harmed along the way from my actions. Every business can fail, but I treated my customers and friends terribly and I am ashamed of how I dealt with everything. I lied to you my customers, I lied to my friends and confidants, but more than anything I lied to myself. I lied to myself about the state of things, and kept telling those lies to myself until I didn't know what way was up. For this, I am very sorry.
I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, and I know I don't deserve any more of your trust or patience. But as they say, today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and starting today we're making delivery of the first completed Magic Girls. Chris from Cointaker has already taken delivery of the first one. He's over there. I treated Chris terrible, I'm sorry Chris. So I'm glad to start things moving forward today to repair things with him and everyone else.
I know everyone is tired of my smoke and mirrors, so there is a playable Magic Girl here at the show. Come see it. Everyone paid up for a Magic Girl is getting one. Then we start to make it up to the rest of my customers. Once they all are taken care of, we will then start taking new orders for my new Houdini game. In the meantime, it is here to play as well. I've got some great partners that are making this possible. So please let me introduce them...

You forgot one thing......"Oh, and SEND MONEY NOW!"

#19912 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Thanks for reading/listening.

While listening to jpoop I threw up in my mouth a little...

3 weeks later
#20276 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Boy between this and the neg bombing, I'm feeling the love.

I'll give ya some....You did your best and gave an effort. A good thing!

1 month later
#20432 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They sent a batch of junk improperly printed playfields to be clear coated and that is where production stands.

So you're saying, there's a CHANCE?

4 weeks later
1 week later
#20535 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

But the sad thing is I'm sure he actually believes it.

I'm sure he's saying exactly what his lawyer is telling him to say....

2 weeks later
#20594 2 years ago

Can it be done by phone??

1 week later
#20644 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder who coded it?

Top men......

#20839 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sucks doesn't it that us contractors were promised games as parts of the contractual extras, but we appear to be getting shafted again.

Do you know that you and the Zombie man are getting shafted? Has everybody who is getting one been contacted? If there are 19 people and they are making 20 something, maybe there is a machine in there for you guys....(hopeful)

#20846 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if any of these dudes ever got it in writing that their "payment" was going to be a Magic Girl pinball machine.

I would have hoped they did as it wasn't a "free" project. Jpoop was collecting big money and could certainly pay these people.
Let's ask.....did any of you guys have a signed contract?

#20848 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

"You can work for me for free as an apprentice and PINBALL is the reward..."

Oy!

#20864 2 years ago

Not this Monday.....

#20894 2 years ago

I'll be playing it next week and shoot video….

#21013 2 years ago

Yes, the game is a piece of shit! Er, if anyone wants to sell their MG spot for what they paid for it, please PM me.

#21022 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In short, he broke and continues to break the pinside ToS.

Yeah, him and 1,000 other people....

#21028 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Funny thing is, he thinks people are listening because he is knowledgeable

He freely admits to not being knowledgeable. He just enjoys it.

#21288 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least K is being honest about it and not trying to hide it and informing people

Yeah, just spoke to him to find out what's going on. He said…basic code, just like the one at the show. Ball hang ups, etc. But I'm sure a number of you pinball gurus can figure out how to make it work as long as all the mechs and stuff is in there……right?

#21290 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sure, if we all want to babysit these games and do hours and hours of free work just so somebody can try to flip magic girl.

I would think it would be worth it if you can take a $16,500 machine and flip it for $45k

#21292 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd sooner quit pinball than contribute to validating Jpop's work.

It's not validating jpoops work, I meant it's a way to make the machines playable for someone. They ARE going to be with a lot, that's just the way it is...

#21299 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm only wondering here, aside from the fact that Cointaker lost a big amount of $$$, why did they get 3 MG pins?

They also brought back machines for 2 other people….

#21446 2 years ago

Yes, at least he's taking it out of the box and will play it.

#21661 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So all you little whining butt hurt tree huggers that are offended, go pound sand because 99% of you are offended for reasons that have nothing to do with you personally!

Boom

#21736 2 years ago

Maybe new video later tonight….

#21739 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Please ask whoever it is to make sure they are in fact playing an ARCADE selected game

Roger.

#21740 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jim can then stay over or borrow my MG to do the code, for which MG owners should pay. We then get updated code, and Jim gets fair recompense.

You're a Good Egg!

#21743 2 years ago

Just got some news from Chris.
Arcade Mode works.
The machine can do 4 players.
It's got plenty of music and callouts,
An Owl hooted!
Gameplay Video being worked on now.

#21753 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

using the flippers to change the game type on the selection screen and start to confirm.

Hi. Chris just said the machine is now asking for quarters!

#21772 2 years ago

Well, I can say one thing…it plays much better than I thought it would...

#21773 2 years ago

Love it! Those Little Red Cone Things!

#21779 2 years ago

er….this one

#21782 2 years ago

Best part…….No More Ninja Turtles Bed Sheets!!

#21805 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Thanks Ted for posting the videos the game looks stunning. But as we all can see it has alot of issues on game play. Hopefully someone can get better code and fix some of the issues.

My pleasure. At least the game is playable. When I put a few games on it I'll give my impression. One thing is that most, if not all the MG owners have dough. They will find a way to make the machine better.

#21835 2 years ago

Thanks for all the info Jim!

#21838 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I have to say that I find the prospect of applejuice and zombieyeti (amongst others) not getting the machines (and payment) they were promised

Just so I understand....were you guys promised a certain amount of money and got paid NOTHING....or were you paid something and just weren't paid the balance?

#21848 2 years ago

Hey Jim...is the "How to change back to Free Play" info on your webpage?

#21926 2 years ago

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people??

#21964 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I'm just marveling at the guy's expertise in getting even the smart people around here to talk about him.

Let's have a contest! The first person (after this post) to mention Kaneda in any form or nickname shall donate $20 to Pinside......

#21966 2 years ago

You just lost Ted, pony up.

I said AFTER my post...

#21987 2 years ago

Thread is now Officially ......

---John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW, HOUDINI…..KANEDA---

#22025 2 years ago

The_Purge (resized).jpg

#22041 2 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'm sure *someone* will read this and test it out when they have a chance.

I already asked. Hopefully video soon....

#22113 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Are there any more game play tests to report from any buyers?

Yes…Chris said No Magna Flippers…the switch by the right orbit isn't even wired….
Video soon….

#22115 2 years ago

MG Magna Flipper Attempt Video #1

#22116 2 years ago

Magic Girl Magna Flipper Attempt Video #2

#22124 2 years ago

A Look Beneath the Magic Girl Playfield Video!

#22125 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kaneda forgot to put it in "one way gate" test mode.

What the hell is that?

Chris said he tried to follow what Applejuice said….

If something has to be done before power can be lit……he will try that tomorrow.

#22142 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

It would be awesome if John Popaduik would appear on this thread and just explain stuff.

Trying for a Podcast…..

#22158 2 years ago

From Chris:

In response to Applejuice's statement here:

So, regarding the power playfield feature. I think we need to check the rear of the swirl ramp in greater detail. There should be a switch mounted on there somewhere and also a diverter of some kind to allow the ball to enter the upper playfield instead of continuing up the ramp.
This switch is the one we now need to check in arcade game play as to whether that progresses the POWER lamps. Please also pay attention to what the screen says after switch hits. If it shows the messages under the score i posted earlier then we are good. If not then its time to get the 'fix this' list out..

"Thank you Jim for all of you efforts. Not ideal to be chasing answers without a game in front of you. So I think I can put an end to this Magna Flipper chase once and for all. Switches and lighting POWER do not matter. After stepping back and just studying the ramp and the mech it's clear as day: there is absolutely no way for the ball to be diverted from the left ramp into the upper Magna Flip playfield.

There is one diverted located on the upper right portion of the clear ramp. This diverter works. The ball either goes up the ramp with the diverter open which lets the ball loop around the front of the ramp and then drops the ball down the left squiggly ramp return to left flipper. If the diverter is closed the ball goes down the right squiggle ramp to the right flipper. There is absolutely no entrance to the Magna Flip playfield from the left ramp.

HOWEVER there is one entrance to the Magna Flip playfield. Through the hole in the middle of that playfield. Yes, the ball can enter that playfield from UNDERNEATH it. Which makes sense now because that explains why there is a diverter flap (black plastic flap) that covers the whole ABOVE the Magna Flip playfield. If the ball continued UP that whole it would reach the Mystic Ring Magnet which sits at the very top of the whole mech (right under the Genie's head).

Originally it seems John wanted the ball to be fired from the playfield UP through one hole (magna flip level) and then through another hole (mystic ring capture) where it would be suspended inside a magnet. Looks like he ditched that seemingly impossible shot and decided to make the coil shoot the ball up through one hole, hit the black plastic flap and fall into the Magna Flip playfield.

I think what this means Jim is new code is needed to make the Magna Flip entrance come from the coil shot on the playfield, not a ramp diverter. This all makes sense now why John contacted you back in November to help out. He had made chances to the mech so that it could work but had nobody to code in the new approach.

Good news is this...I think the center mech will 75% work...which is fine. John only needed to have the ball go in 3 different directions to make the game fun. Just like TOTAN. Ball can go left, right, or into the GENIE fireball throw. With MG, it looks like the ball can go left, right, and be fired up into Magna Flip area...that would make for a fun mech. He really bit off more than he could chew and tried to make too much happen in one area of the game. Hence the mountain mech that blocks half the screen and still will never physically work."

If any of you have any more questions I'm happen to make more videos going over stuff. Your obedient servant...CK

#22232 2 years ago

MAGIC GIRL: What it does and doesn't do…..VIDEO

#22248 2 years ago

Hopefully a few other owners will chime in eventually….

#22468 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The simple fact is there are far more people with more money than they can spend, than there are MG games. Only around 20 games exist, there will always be more people that would like it in their game room, for whatever reason, than there are games to go around.
Like it or hate it, Magic Girl is part of pinball history.

Yes...it's like this in EVERY area of collecting. Baseball cards ...$1 each EXCEPT for that special one that only 100 were make...$1,000!
or Vinyl Figures. $5 each EXCEPT for the Limited PINK One....$2,000. Or Movie Posters...Mummy Half Sheet $400,000! No matter what, there will always be collectors out there with DEEP pockets that want the rare or Limited Version. WHY this is a surprise or shock to anyone is beyond me.....

#22479 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

There is no better way to show you have more money than other people than to have what they can't and pay ridiculous prices for it. To hell with functionality or actual value/merit.

Always been that way and always will.

#22583 2 years ago

You Asked For It!!
Whats Behind the BACKBOX VIDEO:

#22617 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I suggest going private.

I suggest dropping the whole thing.....

#22621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don't start with me Ted, I'll cut ya.

#22634 2 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

If the next Magic Girl video's monologue begins with Brenda eating a bowl of Lucky Charms, I will donate $10 to Pinside.

Make it $20 and I'll make it happen!

#22759 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

No way is that game worth that...

Er, the game is worth what someone is willing to pay....

#22845 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Again my contribution to this thread is just to point out the facts

....that I pull out of my ass....

#22851 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

thank u have a good day

wonka i see what you did (resized).jpg

#22896 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

raza will never get done...

Hah! I was told Magic Girl would never get done...NEVER, EVER! Without a doubt!! Now we hear this.....NOTHING is for certain....duh!

#22930 2 years ago

I just picked up a Stellar Wars! (just now)! Damn those things are heavy! Up a flight of stairs SIDEWAYS because it wouldn't fit through the door! Guy bought it over 30 years ago and it hasn't been played for 10 years. I just thought you all should know.

IMG_1462 (resized).JPG

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG

IMG_1465 (resized).JPG

IMG_1468 (resized).JPG

#22940 2 years ago

Damn, you know me so well!!

#22941 2 years ago

Get those batteries outta there pronto dude

Oh, I did! Thanks! Those are brand new batteries. The boards look brand new. I don't think the guy ever had the backglass off!

...and YES..this is better than talking about that damn Magic Girl all the time!

#22956 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Was that the game on South Jersey CL?

No need to damn me….this was in VERY North Jersey.
Players condition, but got a good deal…

#22957 2 years ago

From Chris:
Images of what's different in the protoypes that went out and the other 19 MGs. Most annoying difference is John removed the outlane posts which are SORELY needed in the game. Now it's as if you're playing a Stern with the outlane posts fully removed. Aka...no fun.

Images of 19 MGs on left, and Prototype on right.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 4.08.46 PM copy (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 4.13.03 PM copy (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 4.18.50 PM copy (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 4.40.37 PM copy (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 4.46.05 PM (resized).jpg

#23015 2 years ago

Ahhhhh...what might have been!!

#23034 2 years ago

You have a machine with people asking between $25 and $50k. I'm sure SOMEBODY will pump a few thousand more into it and get it to play right.....

#23043 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The future resale value of these will crash at some point. Better strike while the irons hot because I think time might be running out.

Why....you looking for one....

#23047 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It will happen, and may not take too long either

I can't wait to see what you do with it...

#23055 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

all the work they put in and got practically NOTHING for.

I thought they were paid. Just not completely ....is this not the case?

#23184 2 years ago

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

IMG_1664 (resized).JPG

IMG_1685 (resized).JPG

#23186 2 years ago

$15

IMG_1679 (resized).JPG

#23190 2 years ago

IMG_1490 (resized).JPG

#23211 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm here as well. How long are you in town for?

Damn! I forgot! We were stuck an additional 2 days! Just got back yesterday to 19 degree weather! I should have checked Pinside more often...

FullSizeRender_1 (resized).jpg

#23213 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let me know when you're coming back. We will have a cigar and a scotch.

Without a doubt! Sorry I missed ya!

2 weeks later
#23252 2 years ago

FYI Magic Girl Levitates!

#23254 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

You have to shove the ball in to get it to levitate

But it looks like it CAN be fixed…

2 weeks later
#23372 2 years ago

IMG_1685 (resized).JPG

#23400 2 years ago

Yeah, Dave...put a few pix in there. It would sure help.

#23427 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If this game sells for say 20k what will the EBay fee's be?

I think there's a cap, no?

1 week later
#23471 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

He took your call and apologized?? Wow how do you rate! JPOP has $4750.00 of my money and I gave up trying to call and email him more than a year ago.

Call him and say your plastic is fine, you just don't have the rest of the machine.

4 months later
#23690 2 years ago

Aug 2017 is the latest entry

#23698 2 years ago

.....money fixes a lot of crazy shit.....

#23711 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It really can't fix stupid.

I said A LOT....but not stupid....

2 months later
#23788 1 year ago

He got a Batman instead. He didn’t lose too much on MG

2 weeks later
#23801 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Also, where did he steal the marvel art? I can't make out the signature.

What?...are you kidding? John drew it!...He also invented Marvel....

#23810 1 year ago

Sheesh! Where does he get the balls?!

4 weeks later
#23832 1 year ago

Got this email!

deeproot Pinball Update
At 6:00am EST on Thursday January 25th, ThisWeekInPinball.com ("TWIP") will publish an interview with Robert Mueller (Principal of deeproot) and an update about the Zidware claims process. If you were a Zidware customer, we strongly encourage you to submit questions about the claims page, claims process, FAQ answers. We sincerely want to get you the information you need to make a decision and file a claim that will be approved.

Best Regards, dP

Copyright © 2018 deeproot Pinball, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you either: opted in through the sign up form on deeproottech.com; were a Zidware customer; or requested to be added to our mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
deeproot Pinball
PO Box 691610
San Antonio, TX 78269

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

#23862 1 year ago

If Dennis is involved, I believe this is the real deal.

#23907 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame, October 22, 2011. It was one of the reasons I trusted and believed in him 7 years ago.

Fixed:
John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Shame, October 22, 2011.

1 week later
#23934 1 year ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

He is not a good business man and he is not one to put it all together which he thought he could.

He was collecting money on what... like 5 machines when he knew he couldn't make them. He's a crook! Period!

2 months later
#23960 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Now Deepbutthurtroot is harbouring a criminal

....and an asshole!

#24027 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll later post what I’ve read saying IRAs may be subject to judgment whereas 401K is not. Depending on what state you are in.

After all that, I'm in the state of confusion....