(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slapshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This post is directed twards RAZA owners... Drano just posted a pretty strong post on the Blog and I have made a few posts as well. At this point as owners I think the only way we can get anywhere is to stop beating around the bush with John and just post how we really feel..... So if your an owner get on the blog and politely say your peace. That way 3 or 4 owners don't have to do all the heavy lifting and John is more likely to listen.
Thanks!

I have raised these same issues on the RAZA blog in the past and only a few owners will stick their necks out, or say anything at all of these concerns.
The problem I find is that Jpop takes these reasonable questions the wrong way, gets upset and it ends up turning into some kind of love fest with owners praising him instead of pressing for answers and the concerns are forgotten about, at least for a while...
Figured these types of questions must be taboo, the nerve of us requesting such details.
I see the blog really lit up today.. I will try to help again.

#649 5 years ago
#651 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys, nice to meet up here.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

On a different related note:
You know the worst experience I had with my WOZ order from JJP?
It was him telling me you’ll have your game by the end of the summer 2012, summer goes by, winter goes too. In the spring time 2013 I ask Jack, in person again, when is the game shipping? He answers end of summer. Summer comes and goes, winter as well. Spring time 2014 comes again I ask Jen this time she tells me next couple of months. I sell my game and Im leary of JJP. Im a patient person but I don’t like being brushed off with deadlines that are made up.
I’m glad JPOP respects us not to BS us.
Dates are nice but if they can’t realistically be meet why make them?

So because Jersey Jack blew his deadline on your WOZ, Jpop shouldn't have to take any responsibility for a deadline, so you can have the satisfaction that he has not BS'd you?
Maybe, just maybe I am wrong.. but a timeline and schedule with appropriate communication concerning delays are essential for any project.
Just because Jersey Jack blew a deadline in the past for you, I really don't think your poor experience should set a new standard to how the rest of business in the world should work moving forward.

1 month later
#1214 5 years ago

To make matters worse, it looks like he is spending time and effort with other ventures.
http://www.pinballschool.org/index_start.html
$1895 for the course and he has listed the upcoming dates for the course sessions...

He was also listed as attending this function as a speaker. http://gamecenter.nyu.edu/practice/

Why isn't he spending this time finishing these games?

#1217 5 years ago

Maybe this is the production line and the students will be paying to assemble the games for him?

1 week later
#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll say this, I think John could ultimately make 100 or so MG's and 250 RAZA's.
Just a feeling I have based on needing to attract a partner and some "muscle" into his company.
Can't be enough profit left at 50 and 124 to make it interesting to a "partner"?

He could ramp up his production of AIW and future games but I think his ass would get skinned if he is planning to double up his production on MG's and RAZA's. Delays are one thing but changing the contractual terms for these limited games would be a low that I doubt Jpop would sink to.

#1368 5 years ago

Hey ChrisVW, did you MG guys get any say or a chance to vote on the doubling of your rare collectables or did he just tell you that is what he was doing after he had your money?

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Nope. We got a letter in the mail notifying us of the production increase and an offer for a refund if we weren't onboard. This was after full payment was received. It was nicely worded and all but it was basically a "my way or the highway" letter.

That's pretty rotten, the old bait and switch. How long ago did you get the letter?

1 week later
#1544 5 years ago

Hey Ice, if Jpop has breached his contract, would the NDA still be applicable?

#1577 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

FAST Pinball is developing a new pinball hardware platform for developing new games, as well as enhancing existing games. We are also working with pinball designers to provide design, build and engineering support to get games to market. Let designers be designers.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Aaron, what exactly do you have to do with Jpop's games and when did you enter into some kind of contract/NDA with him?

#1604 5 years ago

I agree with Frolic. Sounds like a hefty dose of the magic Kool Aid, I'm scared to go, sounds like possibly the same stuff Bill Cosby was using. Visits seem to be leaving others dazed seeing some cool stuff planned for the games, to the point where you forget about the uncertain reality and the unanswered questions.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

FAST Pinball is developing a new pinball hardware platform for developing new games, as well as enhancing existing games. We are also working with pinball designers to provide design, build and engineering support to get games to market. Let designers be designers.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Aaron, if a designer gives you a working prototype, how many games are you suggesting that you can build, produce and get out the door in a month?

#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Well Ice do we have any legal recourse? I'm sure since I bought mine from cointaker I would have to go after them, which would be unfortunate as Chris is a good guy.

This is a good point and Chris should provide answers to his customers.

Ice mentioned that Jpop has breached his contract with these games. At that point Chris should have been demanding answers from Jpop since he has been taking payments for the 25 Cointaker edition games.
Since the payment schedule was progress based, ask Chris for the current status of your game and to provide you with a new agreement and timeline.
If you are unsatisfied with the information then ask Chris for a refund.

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Redeyes has a Cointaker RAZA up for sale and has to find someone to take his place for him to get out. I almost pulled the trigger before Expo but a real estate deal feel through...THANK GOD

I'm not so sure Chris can simply wash his hands of this mess and he is definitely in a position to push Jpop for some answers. Correct me if I misunderstood but hadn't Chris demanded nearly the full payments for these 25 games from his customers already?
Maybe Ice could chime in, but I would think Chris would have some duty to ensure the progress of the game was in line with his payment demands and after all the Cointaker name is attached to these 25 games.

#2008 5 years ago

Hopefully Cointaker carries some type of professional liability insurance in the event of a business dealing gone south. I wouldn't want to see that Chris loses money over this, but in my views, he shouldn't have been asking for further payments once those contracts had been breached.

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I don't get the concern about some vendor's bottom line. If you're in on this game, the only thing that you should be worried about is your own cash.

That is why I would expect CT would carry appropriate liability insurance for their venture with Jpop.

#2095 5 years ago

If it's all a Ponzi scheme, the feds should kick in his door and arrest him before he rips off anyone else immediately after my game is delivered to me.

#2105 5 years ago

Where is PDXMonkey on here with an update, didn't he fly out to the reveal yesterday?
Who else went?

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John seems to care about his stature amongst pinball designers, I can't understand how he can be oblivious to a thread of over 2,000 posts on pinside ripping him apart.
I guess you can write it off as "haters" but there are a ton of disappointed customers here.

Hey Chris, Jpops ego is too huge to be oblivious to all of this, I would bet he is following this closely.
In the last few days the blog has been lit up with over a dozen reality checking comments and questions aimed directly at him. He cannot ignore these concerns any longer if he wants to see another dime.
There is a ton of negative speculation, but with good reason and without Jpop clearing any of it up it is making matters much worse. Delays are one thing but if he has blown all of the money on useless patents and lawyers and countless revised art drawings and without knowing how or when he will produce them....
I was hoping PDXMonkey would share what he has learned from his visit yesterday to shed some light.

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hey, I got a shirt so far.

RAZA.jpg 46 KB

You need to write in the blurb on the T shirt-
"I bought a pinball from Zidware 3 years ago and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

2 weeks later
#2917 5 years ago

I followed up in support to ChrisVW's post on the blog. Why are other's telling him how cute his dog is?
I also asked him if we have been paying for his lawyers and patents.
Does anyone here know what day this month is the big RAZA reveal? I asked him that too.

#2957 5 years ago

Hey Ice, enough of this horse shit from him already, write him an appropriate letter from your office since you are a lawyer (I think, that's what we need at this point) and he may respond to your letter himself or through his pinhead lawyer, but either way you could find out what the hell is going on.

#3009 5 years ago

Thanks Ice, for your mission to find out what is going on and to end all this dooming speculation.
I truly hope JPop has just been overly secretive and you can give us good news and confidence.
The situation could be like Martin Sheen walking into Marlon Brando's lair in Apocolypse Now.
Be prepared and don't drink the Kool Aid or become mesmerized by something shiny, stay focused.
God Speed, Ice

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Ok the blog says 46 followers. So almost 2/3 of the supposed owners aren't there....

Quoted from frolic:

It's possible this "silent majority" combined with the smoke blowers who visit the shop are what is emboldening John's way of handling things.
He may very well see the ones speaking up as ball breakers who don't appreciate his working 7 days a week, yada yada yada.

I noticed that too, I remember the old blog listed the owners but it didn't add up either.
Ice should try to get a contact list of these other owners to know where they are at or if they exist.
I doubt John can say everyone is happy except for a couple ball breakers at this point.
I am only seeing a couple owners that are active on the blog these days that don't seem to give a damn when if ever John finishes these games or if people get refunds or not.
The concerned owners far out weigh the few praisers from what I can tell.

#3356 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This thread is pretty brutal. All I can say (after skimming some posts, NOT reading thru everything!) is to hold onto your hats for a very short while. Yes, John and his colleagues have been doing a LOT behind the scenes. Yes, he does spend most of his waking hours laboring at this pinball stuff, and progressing on everything from parts designs and orders to artwork to designing cool layouts and toys, to, well, making great pinball.
And, I have it on good word that a lot of this will be made public soon, and it will be awesome. JPOP is realizing there's no strong reason to keep things under tight wraps at this stage, and the negativity here is discouraging. So, hold onto your hats a bit longer--you may be happy you did. Games are closer to being done than many folks think. And, they'll be done right. (OK, there's always a possibility that software updates may carry on for a bit, but... )

Hey StevenP, are you by chance Jpop's lawyer?

#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

That's the rumor

That is good news, since his comments are very positive and if he has that insight.

#3376 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Is this true?

I don't know, that is why I asked him the question since he never said why he claims to know so much.
I didn't recognize him as an owner from the blog and someone here did mention somewhere in the thread that they had met Jpop's lawyer hanging around the shop so maybe the guy is into pinball.
Why would StevenP have more information than the owners or anyone else?

#3396 4 years ago

Hey Ice, has the funding for his shop, equipment and patents come out of John's pocket or the owners?
Can John take out a loan from the bank himself instead of doubling up MG production, has he even tried?

1 month later
#4327 4 years ago

I think John needs to explain the status of these games to all of us owners. It is impossible to make informed decisions over speculation. The concerned owners seem to outweigh the others and some owners may not speak up since the same questions are continually raised again and again. We also don't know who all the owners are, since they don't seem to be all accounted for on the blog maybe some owners are actually distributors that bought a whack of these games to flip in the future, who knows?
I think we can all agree, we want to see these games completed but this talk about investors worries me. The MG guys spent a premium for a very limited game, if all the money is actually gone as necessary to deliver them, John should go to the bank and get a loan in order to complete them in my views.
We bought limited games that we expected to be delivered, not some patented concepts to take to market.

I suggest for Iceman to send a letter asking John to immediately update the blogs and all owners with the status of our games with new timelines for delivery. If he fails, maybe Iceman can coordinate with other owners that can make it to John's shop and meet together to get the hard answers and details. Then they can let all of us know the status of our games or provide us unfortunate news if John is unable to satisfy the concerns. We need to be confident these games will be completed and the vendors need to get paid.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I came away from the discussion realizing that he is a business/communications neophyte, he knows it.
He's not a politician. There really are delay issues, and he's his own worst enemy because its not explained adequately. I don't know how else to say it.
He knows he F ed up by not explaining the deadlines missed but when he talked to me about it, I got it and so would everybody else.
You guys can either take my word for it or call him yourselves. As I'm talking to him I'm like wtf John, all you had to do is elaborate, update, and communicate what you just told me.
Like I said, he is very willing to accept my help and for me to pass on whatever questions/info to the rest of you guys.
I'm a savvy business guy and I'm not worried, you shouldn't be either. It is what it is and let's all get on the same boat. I'll help navigate!

Did you suggest to John to enlighten the rest of us by updating the blog so the rest of us can understand what you are talking about?

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm open to suggestions I guess, and I will consider your thoughts.
Iceman has a different style than I do. No judgment on that from me.
If he wants to bring my information forward now and in the future I am perfectly happy with that.

Hey Kim, I don't understand the purpose of your private Facebook site idea since John already has his private blog for us to communicate on. What's the difference?
Whatever you decide to do with your information is up to you but please keep me and other owners informed what you learn through pm's or emails since some of us have not joined your group.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its a private place for us to cry, strategize, commiserate, laugh, whatever without the noise of Pinside.

Well I am trying to get through life without joining Facebook, but please keep me informed!

2 weeks later
#5245 4 years ago

Hey Ice, I thought we understood through Jpop's lawyer that he has the money to complete these games, "no cash crunch--far from it", has John agreed to provide you the financial records to look at?

#5251 4 years ago

Hey thanks Ice, keep us posted. In the event, it turns out he doesn't have enough cash flow to produce the games at this time and just a matter of getting remaining payments to get them done, we are all still stuck where we are and going in circles.
At this point, I don't think anyone wants to send him more cash until we see the results as Frolic mentioned with a new timeline. If he can demonstrate to you the numbers will work, the best plan is likely for him to get a loan from the bank.

#5322 4 years ago

Does anyone know how much of the pre-order money went into funding the start up of Zidware, John's shop and all of the equipment?

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And I've been posting here just to try to help in general. Yeah, THAT is going over really well!

StevenP, as John's lawyer when you make comments like there is no cash crunch and money is not an issue producing the games and other positive news without knowing for certain, I don't think that is helpful. We have legitimate concern with the money we have invested and when the guy who has our money goes dark and we are getting information through you, his lawyer as a 3rd party, no offence but we don't want fluff and guess's, we want facts.

#5666 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'll stop posting in JPOP threads/topics, period. it already seems like the best course of action from my personal perspective.
I. Will. Stop. Now.

Hey StevenP, we can appreciate your insight and help but please just give us facts.

1 month later
#8089 4 years ago

The courts would have to either view he was running his business as a type of ponzi scheme or find outright fraud to consider criminal charges.

#8171 4 years ago

Has anyone contacted the guy that supposedly supplied and programmed the boards that are currently being used? Wondering his take on the situation and his costs to finish. Anyone here know who he is?

1 week later
#9033 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

Hey Ice, what happened with this letter from John that StevenP was editing? It's been a week.

#9047 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm looking to buy a magic girl spot 50 cents on the $1
I'll write you a check today.
Pm me if serious.

What are you talking about PDX? If you are confident the games will be completed, please share whatever privileged information you may have. Quite frankly, offering folks 50 cents on the dollar for their game would seem disingenuous if you are aware that they will be completed.

#9249 4 years ago

From what I can understand StevenP has been editing a letter from John for the past week.
I would actually like to read John's original letter.
Apparently the "licensee" is one of us owners, did I read that right?
Tell us who you are.

#9298 4 years ago

The RAZA buyers are Zidwares most valuable potential incoming funds, in my views. Roughly half the money has not been collected for this game of which is apparently nearly at the same stage as MG.
This letter suggests a rotten deal for RAZA owners and we should have some leverage together as a group.
Rather than force John into bankruptcy, if he hands over RAZA to us instead, couldn't we get the games completed on our own since we hold most of the remaining potential funds?

#9306 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. No way, no how.

Why not? Apparently there is boxes of parts and playfields done for the game, artwork and design is done. Sound, music and some coding had been started also. Why couldn't we take inventory and figure out what is missing and, shop our own manufacturer and finish the games on our own?
125 RAZA buyers with approximately half the money left on the table.....

#9386 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Several pinsiders have expressed first hand knowledge of who is behind this move. So he exists. Sure would be nice if they would show their face and explain to us how they aren't a vulture. I would love to hear that explanation.

Okay....who are these several that have this first hand knowledge?
If he exists, who is it and why the big secret?

#9652 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.
RJM dT/dP

I am sure some of us owners would like to understand how your plans to produce these games would work and how things would be different for us. Can you tell us?
If there was another option on the table let's hear what it was.

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yep. And for the record, I am not involved in, nor aware of, any "scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter." Whatever the hell that means.
And again, I am in no way involved with the current Zidware goings-on. I have no idea what Mr. Mueller thinks my involvement is. I first learned of this stuff when I saw the recent emailed docs earlier today. And to date I've never met, spoke with, nor otherwise directly communicated with, the "licensee." Because I'm not involved in this deal. Got it, Robert?

Did you edit Jpop's letter for him?

#9690 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Not this one. A completely different one that was not part of the current deal, and obviously is not being sent.

Can the other deal still be presented to us?

#9694 4 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

He already said (a couple of times now, in the last, idk, 2-3 pages...) that he had nothing to do with this letter.

I am trying to catch up with all of these posts and missed that but thanks for the thumbs down pal.

#9737 4 years ago

Alright, I am caught up with the thread. Thanks for making it clear StevenP that you had nothing to do with this letter from John, I am still interested to understand the deal that you were working on and if it is an option that can be presented, moot or not. It also seems possible Deeproot has a plan, not sure if this is the same deal you were referring to but would like to hear about that also.

Wouldn't it be an easier task to try and produce RAZA since there is roughly half the money left on the table? The MG money is long gone and the owners could be given a RAZA spot and refunded the difference or refunded completely. We are talking 20 guys instead of 125. I would think satisfying 20 MG owners somehow could be a better approach than trying to strong arm 125 RAZA guys with a game they don't want, at a price they don't want to pay and under terms they aren't happy with. Apparently RAZA is nearly in the same state as MG anyways. The AIW folks could have their pre-order money flipped into RAZA as well.

#9861 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You want to know the smartest thing John did right at the start of all this? He had everyone involved sign an NDA. Everyone.
That put the fear of talking into everyone and this helped him drag this out for has long as he has.
I'll bet there are STILL people here that are afraid to say something because they still think that the NDA they signed is still valid.

The whole NDA thing assisted this charade longer than it should have went on. Good question if the NDA assisted into a ponzi scheme.
When RAZA was announced, I think many of us assumed MG was getting done and I really didn't see the risk buying into the 2nd game at the time. I thought the heavy lifting was done already with the cabinet design and custom parts and such since RAZA shares so much with MG. I never heard a peep from any concerned MG owner so I figured everything was cool and on track.
Initially the private blog was fun but I had expected to see way more than what had been shown. The adobe video was a slap in the face because the whole world saw more than the owners had seen. There was a handful of us that were raising valid concerns and questions for a long time on the blog but we were met with duelling other owners. We also had to be careful what to say since some posts seemed to upset John. The NDA had us in a frustrating bubble and hearing reports of magical visits kept this thing going. If these games were openly discussed here on Pinside since the beginning, I can't help but wonder how things would be different and how change could have happened before it was too late but I think the NDA was another roadblock.

#9952 4 years ago

For starters, I think it would be a good idea for this " licensee" to come forward with his group and reveal themselves with their plan to manufacture these games. Secrecy is not a good start.
Surely they are following this thread and understand the concerns that have been raised. Hopefully we get further details with a revised agreement that is acceptable to most owners and one that will entice others to purchase spots from the guys that want out.
Also:
How about showing us these games the best you can with videos and photos?
How about offering the MG LE version 1 to the RAZA guys and for the price we had agreed for RAZA?
How about giving us details to how our continued payments would be protected and how will these games be guaranteed to us?

#9984 4 years ago

@yeti-
Can you tell us how much the costs for your artwork is to date for each of these games and what you have been paid so far? Also were you paid for artwork on the KISS machine or any other games?
How about any other stuff like his website and other things?

#10020 4 years ago

Hey thanks Jeremy, if and when you can- it would help us with figuring out where all the money went.
It seems not much went to you though...

#10029 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We've been told this many times, but then his own letter yesterday said TWO YEARS was needed to finish the first "virtually complete" game with "production-quality parts and all".
and of course FOUR YEARS for the other "virtually complete" game.
Something doesn't add up.

This thread has been a growing list of vendors that have not been paid or been paid very little. Some folks have been donating their time and effort as well. Where did all the money go? Seriously.

#10034 4 years ago

Man Ice, Does anyone know what there is as far as a stock of parts and inventory sitting on shelves for these games at least?

#10038 4 years ago

You better patent that one Ben.

#10049 4 years ago

I still am interested to hear the details from the "licensee" and what they can do.

#10348 4 years ago

Pintasia-
Who are you? I am seeing posts from WC Brandes and posts from Pintasia, is this the same person?
What happens with all of the expensive machinery and equipment and the piles of revised artwork John has acquired over the years under your plan, does he just get to keep everything? Are you folks going to pay him some type of monthly salary to keep the lights on at his shop? Have you taken a complete inventory of Zidware and all of the parts sitting on the shelves for these games?

#10566 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Make the first test the machine showing up at this NW show without John. That would show they're really in charge.. Get one of his babies across the country without him. Pintasia can say he's just a consultant all they want but john is prob incapable of just being a consultant. Even if it goes through I'd expect it to fall apart with John anyway.

I doubt John would show his face at that pinball show anyways even if they insisted but John still has the adobe video and other avenues to promote himself with other markets to plug besides pinball shows.
If a deal does work out and decided that finishing the game without John in any capacity is more favourable, consulting with another designer to finish has some merit and since coding and such has been considered by some as a weakness with his past games. I think the strengths that can come from John are already done and another designer (depending who) could possibly finish off the game to make it better. The fancy machinery and equipment should really get sold off and used to help pay out the companies that are owed money, the idea of John getting paid and getting to keep all that fancy equipment and stuff doesn't sound right to most.

#10620 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'll go one step further and say it wouldn't upset me any if Zidware's name was removed from the pin completely and replaced with Pintasia's name and logo. That name is toxic now.

I think Pintasia should consider dropping the "Believe" catch phrase, it makes me cringe still seeing it.
This ride with Jpop has been unbelievable.

#11318 4 years ago

Bill, through the thread it has been said that RAZA is nearly as complete as MG. I understand that some of the artwork may have to be changed and some stuff is not completed but please show it to us anyways just to give us an overall sense of what the game is like. I can appreciate your efforts bringing MG to light and asking for us to consider changing games, it would be helpful if we could see them both since we have seen very little so far and you have asked us to consider your options.

1 week later
#13225 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

So has anybody outlined what actual "magic tricks" are in the game?
ToM had a number of interesting gimmicks like the reverse mirror, the hidden outlane ball saves (even though that was derivative from BK), tiger saw multi-ball, etc.
Other than ball diversion and misdirection, is there any new play dynamic in this game that makes it look "magical?"

The most innovative feature could be newly designed coin mechs that instead of giving you back a quarter,
it spits out the thousands of dollars back to owners that want out. That would be magical.

#13265 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Well since I spent 24 hours Mon and Tues - yeah, it is kind of offensive.

Hey Dgarrett, thanks for your efforts helping to get the game together.
I hope MG blows everybody away.

#13548 4 years ago

Thanks for the video guys. How about showing us video of the spiral ramp in action, magna flip...
A tutorial video would be nice to see, to help explain whatever features and toys the game has.

#14195 4 years ago

@Bill, Mr68 & FB group-

I get the idea of choosing the MG from John to finish since it was supposedly 95% done. Now that it is being realized that the game isn't at 95% and will require design changes with possibly features being dropped, does that change anything?
It's been said that RAZA is close to the same stage as MG and not as complex, so if it requires less design changes and is without as many incomplete complex parts, I wonder if RAZA is actually further ahead. Can you have a volunteer or somebody show us RAZA in whatever state it is and if possible- why not assess that game too? If anything, I think some of us would like to at least see the game...
Totally don't mean this to be taken as negative but there are three horses in the stable, why not have a hard look at all of them?

#14672 4 years ago

Thanks Bill for getting the game to the show and your efforts.
I wonder if John is ringing your phone off the hook trying to make a better deal?

Rather than seeing the game in the museum or burned in the desert in Vegas, it'd be cool if we could get back everything we had already paid for from the auction for cheap. We could then sell off whatever machinery, equipment and such to give back money to the vendors and since it is apparently not feasible to manufacture the games, we could try to just finish the prototypes and share them.
Put one in the States, Canada and Europe and all of us that have money into the games can share them in some kind of rotation. I could see it now, meeting up on stretches of highways passing them off, like the olympic torch
Any other ideas?

#15096 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You weren't paying for a product. You were investing in a startup, with the hope of receiving a product out of it.

Huh? I thought we had bought limited pinball machines, we were even given serial numbers. I must have missed the part about investing in a startup to hopefully get a pinball machine and that we weren't paying for a product.

3 weeks later
#16257 4 years ago

I thought Jack had met with John about those games before Bill ever got involved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slapshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside