(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roc-noc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#767 5 years ago

I am truly ashamed to be a member of Pinside when I see what is happening here.

This is Pinside at its worst!

This is a lynch mob and all you naysayers are just fanning the flames and stroking your own egos. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I thought Pinside's mission was too help Pinball. Since when does a lynch mob or a court order do anything positive in order to get pinball machines made?

There are many of us that still believe in Jpop. We all knew the risks when we signed up Jpop pins but we believed that the potential rewards outweigh the risks. Some of us are willing to take those risks. If that has changed, then sell your position at what the market will bear.

If you are not a risk taker, then crawl back under that rock you crawled out from and leave Jpop alone. Stop fanning the flames.

I am not the only one who believes in Jpop and feels disgust with Pinside and the members in this thread.

Sincerely,

Tom

3 weeks later
#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know if he took it more in that direction because of Spooky or not or just that's where his creative brain went but IF the ideas and art ever make it into a pinball machine it's gonna be great!
John values his "33 year pinball" history greatly and I know he'll die trying. He will get it done.

I hope he doesn't "die trying" but I hope he ships completed pins and amazes us all.

2 weeks later
#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There were plenty of people that made a fast 3 grand or more off selling their WOZLE's.

I would say there were a few "day traders" that were flipping their positions for some extra cash but that is not the same thing as retained value.

Try to flip a WOZLE EC for more than $7500 today.

#1285 5 years ago

We have waited this long, and with the MG and RAZA reveals coming in December and January, I think I can wait another two months.

Yes, it's a lot of money on the line. Yes, I am in on both. Yes, I have the patience to wait and see Jpop's progress. I was fully aware that this is a gamble and there were no guarantees when I signed up.

A lynch mob mentality here will only harm Jpop's progress and not accomplish anything other than entertainment for a few naysayers.

Positive motivation like the TBL reveal is much more effective at motivating Jpop.

1 week later
#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

When I bought RAZA (then BHZA) it was because of:
-Zombies! Fueled in no small part because of the TWD tv-show.
-Big Bang Bar selling for $15k+. Basically, if a new game with half the production, it is a "buy now or never" as I'd never stomach paying $15k or more for a game. It was not an investment in that I had/have no intentions of selling, but the reality of the forced scarcity meaning I'd never otherwise be able to own one.
So, yeah, if that forced scarcity model gets mucked with, basically means my money was tied up for no reason and all the stress/frustration/anger about waiting all this time was for nothing if someone can come at the end and buy in for the same price.
I now own a TWD LE, so the Zombie itch has been scratched, and as far as Zombies go, the TWD pin obviously has that in spades, far more than RAZA will at this point.
Had RAZA come out on its original release schedule, I could have been playing Zombies for a year before TWD and all would have been good.
If point 2 is made moot because of increased production, this whole experiment was a waste. I won't be pre-ordering anything ever again after this, whether or not the #s get changed.

I passed on TWD LE because the art wasn't there for me. I like the TV series but didn't want a pin that looked like a TV commercial. The playability alone doesn't make it for me. I want the whole experience and art is a larger part for me.

I ordered BHZA because I know the art will be there. And I hope it will be playable.

It is like buying a future year of fine but limited wine (yes I am taking a risk) and TWD LE is like buying a common Merlot at a local package store.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

I'm guessing that you don't make a living as a pinball parts supplier then?

I'm guessing Jpop stopped using your services then?

1 month later
#3520 5 years ago

Notice the coats and the cassette in John's hand. Conserving on heat for his workshop and still playing his boombox for shop music.

That's not a guy wasting customer money.

1 month later
#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So here are the options as I see them right now.
1) We could file a class action suit in State court and whomever reps Zidware would undoubtedly seek to have it removed to Federal court where there would be a more friendly environment for defendants. It would be a difficult and costly process for both sides.
2) Start off with one plaintiff, ideally somebody in Chicago or the surrounding area to begin putting pressure on Zidware to start listening to us. Send a "demand letter" and wait the appropriate time, 30 days here in Texas, before filing suit and requesting legal fees. We would sue Zidware Inc., and John personally. Given how he runs things, I'm confident we would have a chance at piercing the corporate veil and holding him personally liable. He would use OUR $$ to defend himself.
3) A constant phone call barrage with John. Doesn't seem to do a bit of good.
It's my opinion that we need to send a "demand letter" and force John to bring on help to get us our pinball machines.
I suggest Aaron and his team at FAST pinball and possibly a project manager like Chad K. John simply can't do it himself and I don't know why he is stalling.
If he fights it, then we file suit and get FAST in there that way.
Pretty pathetic, either way.

As an owner, I am for no class legal action at this time. I think visits and non-aggressive contact by owners is the only logical thing to do. I have been there twice before. I'll try to work a visit in during March or April time frame and report on any progress that I see.

All I see from owners legal action is complete shut down of Zidware and no hope for recovery. For vendors that are owed money, that is a different story. I would suggest a suit and judgement. Not paying bills for services rendered is not acceptable.

Tom

#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Only a crazy person does the same thing over and over and expects a different result.
A bunch of people have gone to visit and nothing has changed. Plenty more have sent non-aggressive letters and emails, and nothing has changed. Maybe it's time to change tactics?

Gee, I never heard that one before.

Actually I did see good progress between the two visits. I don't consider that "over and over expecting a different result". The problem here is that most of the people giving their "sage" advice are not owners.

Unfortunately pinside doesn't have an opportunity for a private owners forum. This would be a good use for one.

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The other owners don't seem to have the same info as you. Have you shared it with them to help with the situation? Why doesn't Popaduik share this info with the other owners himself?
So, if there's progress, don't they deserve to see it?
All of this is regardless of someone being an owner or not.

And why are you in this thread? Are you an owner or a registered therapist?

1 month later
#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Normally I'd redact that...but it is so pertinent I'm going to let it stay. Another mod may not agree as it does have personal identification info...however im exceedingly curious as this may blow up one major myth...that JPop's spouse is loaded and he does not need to draw a salary...

I wouldn't read much into this. It is not unusual for homeowners to be late on a property tax payment. Not something that I would do but we have friends who always pay their's late. The penalty is not significant until you let them go for a year or two.

3 weeks later
#8574 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From my experience with Predator I would advise EVERYONE that has money on this project to show up at John's studio and take your money or equivalent in parts ASAP.
I have been loosely following along and this seems to be going a similar path. Get your money (or equivalent in parts) now, while you still have a shot at something.
Good luck to all, maybe they wil make a special jail cell somewhere to hold scam artist pinball designers.

Since you are driving to MI, and have experience with Predator, why not visit Kevin and get our money back? I think you have lost your focus.

#8731 4 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Heh. I noticed that too. Not only high, but at an angle that won't hit the ball with full force.
Either there is a mech above the PF there (the PF doesn't have a shooter lane routed into it), or it's just a quick thrown together bit purely for the sake of the video (most likely).

Most likely shooting through a launching ramp like Zaccaria used on their 2nd Gen machines.

#8786 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The shooter rod is mounted at least 1" too high. (which is also why it almost hits the glass) No launch ramp, the ball is meant to rest on the PF because you can see the switch slot for it.
Be sure to sign up for Pinball School! These techniques and more can be yours for only $1895*
*bank transfer, personal check or Western Union only.

I think you are right on the switch slot. But after a second look I think the playfield is just sitting low without hangers attached. Hard to tell from the video aspect but the playfield angle seems to be off from the shooter rod angle. I suspect that once the lockdown bar receiver and hanger brackets are installed, it will line up.

#9583 4 years ago

Don't sign it. Jpop turned down better bail out offers just a few months ago.

There is no way that I am signing up for another magical mystery tour with secret investors. The investor needs to come public and sell us on the deal.

They also need to provide more time for investors to decide.

#10154 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

What do you think about the agreement we've been asked to sign by 1st June? Will you be signing it?

They listened. There is a new agreement and it is extended to June 30, 2015.

#10625 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

John didn't accept PayPal payments to the best of my knowledge. He tried at first but had problems.
I assume most payments were done by drafts, money orders, cheques etc...
I kept carbon copies of all payments sent and one was a wire transfer. I'd have to get my bank to dig it up and print a copy.

My 3 payments for Raza where all by check.

My 1 payment for AIW was by PayPal in 2014.

#11007 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to the reveal at the NW Show and more communications from Bill over the next few weeks. Then I'll make my decision.

#11406 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I guess you missed this post of mine??? Seeing the game in playable demo will be excellent if the new team can pull it off. I hope they succeed and I get credit (and settled up ) for what i put into these projects.

Applejuice, I feel your pain. It sounds like you poured your heart and soul into this project based on JPop's false promises. I hope there is some recovery in your future.

What board set was this code developed on? Was this done on something common like the P-ROC board set? Or was this custom hardware that John paid or conned someone else to develop for him?

I am hoping it is P-ROC so it is easily reproduced. Because I don't see a custom board set in the future for these machines.

#11439 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I posted this at some earlier point in the thread:

Original code was built on PROCs. New board has libraries that make it able to run the same code.

Cool. At least we can count on a common board set. Also hoping that the code becomes open sourced when complete so it can be tweeked in the future. That adds value to me.

#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

But the thing is, he's offering to "make people whole" and also pay the vendors, so essentially he's taking on the debt anyway. Why not do it above-board and legal?
Well, because this way he can SAY he will but he's under no obligation to actually do it, and in the meantime he can snake out what little value there is at Zidware before it gets locked up in litigation.
I guess I'm just a pessimist, but that's the logical conclusion.

No business person in their right mind would ever take on the full liabilities of a company that they are buying. Too much hidden possibility for failure. Lawyers, bankers, and investors, won't allow this.

That is why the new company always has a slightly different name and is formed to acquire the assets of the failed company not the entire company.

If Bill is offering to "make people whole" then he is doing this selectively by choice. This "goodwill" makes sense as it allows him to salvage some customers and faith in the pinball community. I'm sure the extent of his debt coverage will be a learning process for Bill and for the rest of us.

Don't expect there to be blanket coverage. That doesn't make good business sense and after all, that's what this is all about.

#11701 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup and I was completely wrong.
I am seeing almost the exact same signs that I missed back then. At least I learn form my mistakes I guess

Perhaps the sign that you missed was, "stop" your endless posting.

#11702 4 years ago
Quoted from Shorty:

So nobody has actually seen the books?

I don't believe that Jpop has ever "seen" the books. At this point I would be surprised if he kept them and even paid taxes.

#11826 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It looks to me like Sabrina might have the money and contacts to get this done.

Or she has identified a group of wealthy investors who have a past history of throwing money at a dream and now one of the many faces of DFRF Enterprises is a pinball company.

Did you guys look at the many DFRF Enterprises videos?

1 week later
#13588 4 years ago

We need to see some ramp action. Even if the balls are pushed up the ramps by hand.

The colors look fine to me in video.

#13746 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Imagine the positive reaction if Bill said he spent $100k on paying off all the vendors. Huge kudos. After all, this is a man worth 10s of millions of dollars, who has huge experience in turning over troubled companies, and loves pinball, like we do. Go for it, Bill!
If this doesn't happen, then people will make their own conclusions about profiteering fuckwits who run illegal ponzi schemes. Not Bill, obviously.

I doubt that $100K would pay off all vendors. I have a feeling that John owes a lot more than that.

1 month later
#16614 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It's easy to spend $100K if you need to get an injection mold made for a ramp. Tooling costs are hella expensive for something like that.

Ramps are made with vacuum molds not injection molds. Only one side is needed, usually made out of Aluminum using 3D CNC mills. And made for a lot less money than $100K. Injection molds are tool steel and both inside and outside with cooling jackets and can include some complex parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roc-noc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside