(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1425 5 years ago

Jpop is a great designer. I can't wait to play these machines.

However, I don't really get the "i haven't gotten a response for a refund in two months what should I do" people. You can find a lawyer who can write a demand letter, and I'd say 80% of the time that solves your problem and gets the ball rolling. Either wait, or don't.

1 month later
#3511 5 years ago

He had a CNC back when Ben was still on the game...so he probably still has it.

1 week later
#3786 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think unproven & unlicensed can work if all these elements come together:
1- Excellent art package (comparable to the favorite B/W games)
2- Excellent audio package (catchy music & experienced voice-over actors)
3- A really cool toy or feature that's compelling, unique, and looks fun to interact with
4- "Reasonable" price
IMO, AMH is missing 1 & 2, and WOOLY is missing 2,3 & 4. If a boutique can nail 1-4, I think they could have excellent sales of an original title.

I agree, but it's a little hard to say that it can work when there isn't really an example of it working yet.

I completely agree on AMH. I would buy one if the art was there, but it's not and is a huge turn off.

#3826 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Add a comma and the question answers itself:
"What is JPop's obsession with acid, purple and green?"

I'd drop acid with Jpop in a heartbeat.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You are missing the point. It is not that it does not look good/decent. It is the fact that so much of his art work uses several of generally the same primary colors regardless of game/venue.

Really? Like what? ToM, WCS94, CV and SWE1 all are pretty difficult color schemes. Sure, you can make the leap that RAZA and MG are somewhat similar but kinda makes sense to me as they're being worked on concurrently, and you can also say that they share some similarities with CV. Don't think anyone has seen colored artwork for AIW yet.

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you can really make a good case on this front. Dude has only really designed four production games you can accurately ascribe to him, and they're all pretty different.

#3845 4 years ago

Yeah it's like...what obligation is any artist under to vary their style much less their color choice? These are things that artists cultivate SO THAT when people see it they recognize it as theirs. There's lots of colors that are different among those pins. Lots that are the same. I think you could say this about a lot of pinball artists.

3 weeks later
#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Generally speaking the SOL is 4 years from the date of breach of a contract. I think RAZA was supposed to be delivered by Q4 2013, so there's still a lot of time. Like I said, though, I do not think waiting much longer is the smart thing to do.

I agree. Waiting at this point is probably not the most prudent. The thing to do IMO is try and get together a list of as many people as possible who are fed, hopefully approaching 40, and try and get a class action suit going. You'll save on attorney's fees and there might be a chance.

Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't much to get. Are his companies LLC's? Or are they incorporated?

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well it's not an LLC, it's a C corp or maybe S election. In any event, the fact that it's not an LLC makes it easier to deal with legally

Yeah, that's why I was asking. LLC's are the bane of my existence currently. Little little slippery eels. What's the difference, legally, between C and S?

1 week later
#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I have to laugh at people who say JPOP isn't getting anything done. Anybody who has visited him in the past few months is probably chuckling too. And yes, the focus right now is on nothing else but getting these 2 titles finished and shipped...

I have to ask - are you in on one of the games?

2 weeks later
#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That just seems crazy to even type.

Crazier to read

Has no one actually seen/flipped a whitewood?

1 month later
#8619 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Of course whether he lets me in (I am a pinsider after all), that is a different story.

Probably just bringing along a hackey-sack will get you in, he seems like the drum circle type to me.

2 weeks later
#11740 4 years ago

This is LITERALLY Twilight Zone status. How do you have a flipping whitewood, for years!, and not bring it to a show (any show!) for anyone to see?

I have to think that so much of this NONSENSE could have been avoided if that had happened. But, I guess if he was bringing it to shows he wouldn't be of the mindset to fiddle with hinges for months.

This is all so sad.

#11747 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Good thing he did not bring this to shows. He would have collected even more deposits and might have announced another game by now. This show may have gone on another two years before the music finally stopped.

Anyone know what he was sharing with JJP and/or Stern in terms of development progress?

The other scenario is that he brought it to shows, got a bunch of people pumped, which got Stern/JJP actually excited and hopeful about manufacturing it.

#12294 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Lastly (for today) unfinished KISS inks... I did the inks for the playfield and color in about 3 days. It was during the 'reality TV' sizzle so we had to prove we could turn around a machine in a short period.
The irony was palpable
image.jpg image.jpg

aftermarket translite anyone??

#12420 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Im not sure if it is a good idea to keep it unthemed. JJP may last minute license it and I hope so. JJP needs big selling games.

Downvotes?

Probably spot on - I wouldn't be surprised if they are licensing it (or already have) as we speak.

Star Wars anyone?

#13500 4 years ago

mmmm alright sweet 300 posts since this morning and not a single clip of gameplay..and I sure as hell ain't reading them all.

tomorrow? someone please tell me tomorrow?

#13568 4 years ago

Just so many callouts to his old games. WCS shooter lane skill shot, Genie Lamp turned upside down on the L orbit, sounds like TOM mixed with TOTAN.

It's confounding and strange to watch this after all that has transpired.

Very floaty, plus you add in those annoying rollovers in the center...guh, sorry but, art aside, it looks pretty bad.

3 months later
#17789 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, I think that would have been better, frankly. My problem with the "interview" is it just gave jpop 2 hours of propaganda.... and nothing new was learned by anyone that cares....

And worse, he was allowed to say "MG is progressing and nearly done, others close behind" - without being challenged by (a seemingly tired/worn-out) Nate. That's BAD.

I don't think that would have been better. Why would it have been?

So the choir can feel preached to? Everyone, literally EVERYONE, except John, knows that everything that comes out of his mouth is straight up bull$h*t.

I listened last night, and was conflicted about it, but in the end I think Nate made the exact right call: give John uninterrupted time to dig himself further into a hole, so that if anyone out there still thinks there is some shred of sanity left in him they have this shining example to prove otherwise.

#17790 4 years ago

dupe

2 weeks later
#18216 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that his wife in the Range Rover photo?

she is wayyyyyy too smart/badass for him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside