(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 5 years ago

Wow!! What can you say about this piece of RAZA cabinet art from JPOP? Amazing.
Watch out Bad Cats, it's a Zombie Cat !!
This was posted on the Pinball Inventor FB page on July 10th.

Zombie cat.png

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

3 protos are being assembled now

Whitewoods? Or with actual playfield art?

1 month later
#237 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The MG reveal is supposed to be coming very soon.

For the public to see?

1 month later
#378 5 years ago

I'm guessing JPOP will also announce game #4 and #5 during his seminar.

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's already on #6. I know, I've got deposits on the first five
BBB has 222 pins produced. RAZA 125 and will blow it away. I'll take RAZA, when it finally arrives, besides 10k is the new normal

Any idea when production will start?
I sure would like to see some cabinet artwork on Alice and Wonderland so I can tell if I should jump in.

1 month later
#1627 5 years ago

I am waiting on the Tesla pin (game 4 ) to be announced so I can send in my down payment.

#1711 5 years ago

Since JPOP announced AIW December last year, I'm hoping Tesla pin (game 4 ) will be announced by the end of the year so I can send in my down payment and enjoy this roller coaster ride.

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is this for real? Ben heck wanted to do that theme even before starting AMH. In fact I'm pretty sure ben has a backglass hanging on his shop wall.

Looks like it is being worked on to me. Taken right from the Pinball Inventor FB page.Zidware.jpgzidware2.jpg

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

This was absolutely a Ben Heck idea.

And who's idea was Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

#1724 5 years ago

Good ideas come together from both of them.

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hmmm... so that is game #4 (not including KISS), while we wait for a TIMETABLE of delivery (forget about the actual delivery date).

I am hoping Tesla is game #4. Seems that is the one I want to jump on board being I actually see some possible artwork from that game that is eye candy for me.

I don't want to jump onto AIW since I don't know what the artwork will be like. I don't like creepy monsters and that game would have a potential of that type of artwork.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

If MG and RAZA get released, I'd love to jump on AIW. But I'm definitely not going anywhere near it until we see things delivered and happy customers.

There lies your dilemma. Once the public sees the MG and RAZA artwork and finds out about the AIW preorder, I do see that list filling up quickly. That preorder is still not widely known, so there is a chance to get on the list right now. End of this month, I doubt there will be a chance.

#2422 5 years ago

so much for pinball for the masses

1 week later
#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'd rather see all of JPop's games get out to the public with larger runs

Ditto !!!

3 months later
#7135 4 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Stern wont. Gary is a smart business man. He's not that stupid. The volume is not there to make it worth his while (god knows the legal and other mess).

But I wonder how many melons do they believe they will sell?

3 months later
#17072 4 years ago

Well, Now I imagine he can book his time to making TOTAN 2.0 and TOM 2.0.

1 year later
#19829 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Zombie Yeti did do some David Copperfield art for jpop as well, for a pin that never saw light of day.

Not yet you mean.

From Magic Girl comes Houdini and David Copperfield next!
JPOP has to keep the "magic" alive.

#19833 3 years ago

JPOP has been working hard the past year making great pinball.

#19837 3 years ago

At least more of Houdini has been shown than BM66. Bazzinga!!

#19839 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Bet you BM66 flips...kapow!

I bet Houdini disappears.

2 weeks later
#20082 3 years ago

JPOP news is sounding better and better. I sure like to see more new game desgins from him.

4 weeks later
#20353 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When my teenage daughter has friends over, I find that most have no clue there are actually rules and objectives to pinball, once they do, you can tell that they suddenly have an increased level of interest.

Who gives out the lessons? You or your daughter?

3 months later
#22284 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Magic Girl historical value. The first NIB project machine.

Now isn't John supposed to fly out and help build the machine? Oh that is what the extra $1k is for.

#22288 2 years ago

I almost sent a deposit on BHZA when I saw the lazy Susan underside playfield. That looked like that was going to be pretty cool. I held back and waited and found it was dropped. Then the artwork changed, and I moved on to want AIW. I inquired about it, but I didn't want to send a deposit until I saw some type of artwork and general playfield layout. I am still waiting to see that to this day.

#22292 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Was that the Atomic Reactor?

I'm not sure. It was the 3 room rotating playfield that you can view through a 33 degree window of the main playfield. It is pretty much what BM66 has on the main playfield with the TV screen and the Batphone, etc.

#22299 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I was in about $3k on zombie adventure game #8. I got a refund at some point way before all the craziness started. I wonder who took my spot.

The lucky one took your spot.

#22300 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The lower PF rotating was my idea. The flipper would stay put, and one of three "scenes" would rotate in. You'd have to clear them all to reach the reactor which you'd bash at. (Not sure if there would have been room to make it all fit)
There was also a window in the side of the cab that showed a glowing neon "reactor core" which was kind of a neat idea until you realize collectors pack these [pins] side-by-side like sardines. It served no purpose besides looking cool.
My pitch [that fit John's pre-existing ideas of a) Ben b) Zombies c) Theme park] was that you (the player) sneak into an abandoned theme park late one night to make out with your main squeeze. But then she's captured by "Evil Ben Heck" who has an army of zombies and he's going to transform her into their queen by midnight. You must battle [things] to get her back!
I don't think that plot was even considered. I mean just look how random the game became after I left.
John clearly just wanted to make an amusement park theme, but that's SO dated nowadays. I really pushed for "decrepit, decaying park" because I thought that would be much more visually interesting.

I sure would like to see Spooky make this game! Make is so. I wanted to buy the game just because of the lower rotating playfield. The art package helped too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside