(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

John just posted this to twitter!
unloaded at expo!

B0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpg 86 KB

Someone go open those and get us a real picture!

4 months later
#4550 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, John just opened up the MG blog!!!!
RAZA blog coming later.
Video coming right behind this!!!

Can you link it please?

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Wow I would love to buy a blank playfield. Best art I have ever seen. Translite is amazing too! WOW

Same. he should sell those to fund progress as well

1 month later
#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ferrari has a 3+ year waiting time.
Harley used to have a 3 year wait.
But 4 years? Hell no!

For which car? Friend just bought one and it only took a month to get it with shipping. 3 year wait? On some not yet produced custom car?

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Has anyone spoken with John? There is literally jack shit going on right now.
StevenP - I know you still read this thread. You've got John's ear, something has to change. He can't ignore a crisis away.

What if he stopped replying to all the countless contacts constantly asking him about the progress and is literally working on the game instead? Serious question

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

and what if the tooth fairy left a quarter under my pillow tonight?
i don't buy AT ALL any of the "too busy to respond" excuses that have been used in this thread (and the other bloodbath) for years now... that is simply laughable... "oh, i'm working SO hard i don't have time to respond to emails".... bull.... part of your job IS TO RESPOND TO EMAILS....
i am dead smack right in the middle of my busiest season of all (and yes, i AM a busy boy right now), but if i decided to not bother responding to my clients because i was "too busy", i would not have those clients for long...
and yes, it sounds silly to say i'm busy, yet have time to post on pinside... call it a mental health break throughout the day... and if i'm posting in this thread as a "mental health break", you can imagine what the rest of the day is like...

lol yikes. Was just a hypothetical. Forgot the pinside world demands their answers instantly. I do hear ya though. No one else can simply not respond to emails and expect to stay in any sort of business. Same goes for what I do.

Either way, this is super ridiculous and when I chatted with him at the NW show last year I got the same impression we all feel here. He had some art with him, that was it and would only roll it up like half way to show people and some of the "Cool kids" got to see it rolled up more. It was super odd.

2 weeks later
#7983 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All these people volunteering to dive in and "save" JPOP remind me of these women who get engaged to a guy who's been divorced 4 times and think "I'll be the one to fix him!"

Sending beer now!

#8097 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did John respond to Cointaker's post on the blog?

What was the post?

3 weeks later
#11785 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I don't know anything about the delays with Magic Girl, but I do know one is done and currently shipping to Seattle for it's world debut at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show June 5th-7th. I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of photos, videos and reviews come next weekend. Look for it near the entrance where the Star Trek prototype was last year.

I will post a shitload of video and pictures for everyone. lots of video to youtube so no worries to all! None of this 1 or 2 sneaky pics of one various section

#11947 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

True that, I'd guess part of the deal to try and keep Ponzi John out of jail. Who knows.

Are we able to get our deposits refunded from you guys we paid directly before paying john the rest of the money?

#12462 4 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Believe me, I have offered, please pay for or return them. I will have to pursue other options then just asking. I have given John many opertunites to work out something other then the path that is going to be taken this week.
Wish him all the best, but John seems to keep digging a bigger hole for himself and his family. What a shame.......

I don't know the backstory fully of course, but I could've sworn I read it somewhere you guys got your own version of the RAZA in exchange for LEDs and some neat looking flasher he wanted? You guys were on the backglass art even I recall

#12610 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

People were asking why Bill would take this on.
He might be altruistic, but logically it makes more sense that he saw this as the only opportunity to get his Magic Girl free and clear. That least that's what makes the most sense to me - more than someone doing a million dollar favor for the pinball community.
I guess we'll see this weekend!

What? Getting his MG for free? He's getting the last MG produced and the one going to the show is not going home with him. Why would he want this game free and clear anyways? It's not done or in a fun keeper stage

Try not to be so instantly cynical about Bill people. He has one hell of a task. No need to see him as a savior either. Let's sit tight for a few here and let him get to work.

Two options right?
1. Go after Jpop and probably get pennies. Heck, maybe lose money with legal fees
2. Let bill give this a shot and maybe we get a game made. The money from game #2 and #3 go towards MG 1 and can apply to your game #2 and game #3, if those get made and you'd rather wait.

That seems like a better shot than leaving it with Jpop who we have seen didn't seem to intend to get this project finished ever. There are people coming together to get this project completed. Another pinsider has volunteered to finish up the programming. While I fully get the frustration with everyone else, I say we try not to sabotage this, if possible.

#12623 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

ALREADY SOLD 5 OF MY 13 PINS IN 3 DAYS! SICK OF THIS HOBBY! THANKS JOHN!
ALSO TOOK YOUR ZIDWARE WALL ART OF THE WALL,IT MAKES ME HURL !

Not sure why you sold all of your pins based on this debacle? Super sucks, but take a break from reading this mess and enjoy playing the pins!

#12631 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I am just so sick of this,this guy was legend to me guys..
I am just in pieces,how am i supposed to look at early mg wall art??
My hero took 6 grand off me?
Wait ... I feel a hurl coming.
I love pinball, all of a sudden i am at the roulette losing 6k?
To john popadiuk??? HELLO???what???

Well, if that 6k is towards a Magic Girl then the bright side is there is at least a chance it is getting made now.

Take down that MG wall art and put it away. You just never know, things sometimes work out great in the very end. This isn't looking too good, but hey never know....

#12867 4 years ago

It's a shame the game is on the fence of being produced. Looks so nice visually!

*Edit picture removed* I guess pictures still can't be posted of the game....sigh. Wait for the NW show release it is!

I'm gonna spam the fuck out of pictures and videos in this thread from the show

#12884 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Except John forgot the color Green. "green" it's a pretty cool color, he forgot to use it.

Not everyone game needs to be a rainbow of color. That's a bit overly critical. In that case he also forgot my favorite color "chartreuse"

#12899 4 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

One thing is for sure, I won't be wearing the Zidware shirt John gave me when I was working for him a couple of years ago anymore. That might get me killed, especially if I wore it to Expo. I can just imagine the heel heat I'd generate walking into a room full of pinheads, some of which were JPop's victims. I consider myself very lucky that the timing worked out that he flaked out on me and started blowing me off after he paid me for my work up to that point so I walked away not being owed any money. I feel horrible for everyone of you who got ripped off by him but I can't say the outcome surprised me. My one big takeaway from my time there was I had no idea how he was ever going to finish a game based on how scatterbrained he was and how one week he'd be working on something totally different and unrelated to what he was doing the previous week.

I'll wear that shirt to shows, put on a wig of crazy hair and wander around making random people sign an NDA about the conversation I'm currently having with them

#13391 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you meant the calm before the shitstorm.
Can't believe the monkey is even attempting to show teaser pics and "nan nan boo boo look what I have" shit. What a joke.
Either take some high quality pics and video or just shut up and let people at the show do it for you. Your hype meter is broken and not a good idea to try and set expectations high in this case.
I bet it barely plays and has major issues and parts still missing. It already appears slapped together in a couple of weeks even from one grain crappy photo. Pretty disgusting at all that pintasia is showing this off as some major accomplishment without having paid ALL vendors and contractors in full before doing so!

Thread eject dude. That isn't helpful at all to this getting done. At this point a lot of people are putting in a lot of free time to make this happen for everyone. Chill

#13401 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I was told it would come tomorrow...
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Ya. It'll be here on Saturday. At the shows request I think.

#13531 4 years ago

direct YouTube video not at the show so no extra noises

#13581 4 years ago

It's here. Last minute tuning but it's at the show

20150606_095750.jpg
#13605 4 years ago

I took a 5min video of a little game play and some wandering around. 38 min on this shitty Wi-Fi to upload them it can post

#13641 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? Because every shot I've seen so far has the ramps blocking part of the screen. The scoring seems to be put into a "virtual DMD" in the center to alleviate that.
That includes the one above. But I'd love to hear first hand reports on it.

The only time it's on the way is in test modes for the very bottom but even then it's not annoying. Gameplay with it is great so far. Easy to see and perfect level during gameplay

#13651 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy terrible glass glare, Batman!

Lol agreed. They ate gone to lunch and its in lobby which is all windows. Was put there so ganeplay could be heard. Everytime I go out there i cant see lol

#13684 4 years ago

I think it's still processing to hd but here's another

#13695 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

alt tab isn't going to do anything. Especially in Ubuntu with the app hijacking x.

That was the joke lol. Person doing it is a computer programmer ha

#13698 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Somebody do us all a favor and pick up the ball and throw it up the ramp so we can at least see the ramp flow.

Ya I'll do that for sure shortly when it's less crowded and I can leave the booth again

#13717 4 years ago

If this Wifi was faster than .7mbps is have a ramp shot up lol

#13765 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

» YouTube video

Awesome thanks for posting. Forgot about posting it since upload took sooooo long

#13766 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

» YouTube video

Awesome thanks for posting. Forgot about posting it since upload took sooooo long

#13768 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All this talk about the ramp shot, and we finally get a video of it....made by hand....and it's completely anti climactic.
Overall I think the pin itself looks great though. If it plays good/shoots well and there is decent flow, I'd consider buying one at half it's original price (in the unlikely even it gets made).

It got made of course about 2min after I made the vid.

#13837 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

yep waiting for a ramp shot.

Video already posted of this

#14048 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They had 30+ days to call a glass shop that sells antireflective glass and have them cut a custom sized sheet. I've had custom glass made by local glass ships on numerous ocassions and they've always had quick turnaround and reasonable prices.

It wasn't predicted it would be in the lobby with 50 foot tall Windows and bright sunny days. All pins out there in the kids zone had same issues....

#14187 4 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Pinside is totally censored. Look how fast the mods jumped on the guy who suggested suing the distributors

That was a bit concerning actually in regards to the direction and bias of the forum

#14622 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But you know who does.

Yes so do I but I wouldn't be telling anyone who hasn't. Not fair what could happen to that person. The person who has it is absolutely not keeping it so no worries. I know how concerned you are this gets back to jpop asap.

You could volunteer to pay the sti bill maybe. Deal?

The motivation to not have zidware pay sti and get it out to the NW show asap was obvious. Now the project is dead who wants to let jpop not have to be financially responsible for even more? Definitely not me. He's paying for shipping to get it back. The end. I suppose he could drive and get it. If bankruptcy demands it gets sent back they will pay for it. No one is holding it hostage. It's poison. I wouldn't want it for sure.

Stop implying pdxmonkey is somehow scamming to keep it. That's getting old and offensive.

#14651 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If it means nothing, why did you get worked up enough to respond with your ridiculous post about having Zidware foot the bill to ship it back?
Did Zidware foot the bill to have it shipped to the NW?
Did you and/or Pintasia have some type of agreement with regarding to shipping it back to Zidware after the show? Or did you just think it would never have to go back? Or did you put any thought into it at all, one way or the other?
What did you think was going to happen? What did you base it on?
Do you think that whoever has it now can just keep it until someone pays to have it shipped back to Zidware? Who do you think has the responsibility to get it back to Zidware? Anyone?

You're basing this on Jpop somehow benefitting from it being at the show. If this project was taken on Jpop was not going to be part of it or make any money further off of it. He was out.

This game is not being held hostage. After it goes back to Jpop I would be happy to tell you its life cycle of where it traveled to. Not sure how that is important, but Im not in for the secrecy. No one is going to say where it is at now for safety, obviously.

It actually got sent to get a virtual pin made from it and further rules written so at least a virtual table someday existed for folks to play. I know that is now out as well as the current mission is to have Jpop get this game back asap because the current holder isn't comfortable any longer with it. I mean, who would be with all the hostility.

#14675 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I did no such thing, as that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
JPop was done. Do you not realize this?

My bad. It's hard to give out any info in this thread without getting jumped on.

Thread ejecting myself, you got all the info anyone needs it looks like.

#15563 4 years ago

This was too funny to read this morning on Facebook...Pm'd the guy and he got paypal payment for it. wtf?

jpopcard.PNG
#15564 4 years ago

Pic of the card from the original post.

businesscard.jpg
7 months later
#18503 4 years ago

I found this cleaning the shop today. Came out of our bin for shows. I'm guessing been in the bottom since Nw Show somehow.

We could stamp set we steal online and sell it to recoup our deposit money! Fool proof right ?

20160120_101835_(resized).jpg

1 year later
#21319 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm only wondering here, aside from the fact that Cointaker lost a big amount of $$$, why did they get 3 MG pins? Did they purchase them up front? I think I recall Chris saying they did buy 1?
What about Yeti, Applejuice and others?
I know John and Cointaker have been long time friends. How was that process handled?
Doesn't it seem a bit dumb not to give the programmer a pin? A guy that certainly would have incentive to finish it up?
But then it does have to actually flip to matter

What $$$ did they lose besides whatever they spent on personal machines? From what I hear they won't provide deposit money back that they took as a distro. The distro is responsible for any payments they take. So, they aren't out that money. The fact they are selling one of their MG pins, but owe deposit money back is unsettling to me.

I guess they sent them some bulbs as well pre-production. I am not sure of the real amount sent tho.

#21322 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did they remit 100% of the money they took in on the special edition RAZAs to JPop? I can no longer recall the particulars.

I'm not 100% sure. I just know of a local friend who used them to order since he knew they were a reputable company. When he contacted them for a refund on his deposit only that he paid to them they would not send it.

#21509 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's some F'd up memory you're apologizing for, Hilton.
Be advised, you're not welcome in my home under any circumstances.

Hilton is a piece of work. I had to file a local police report couple summers ago when the MG was at the NW show because of him and his threats. He was spreading that somehow we(pinballbulbs) "Stole" the prototype from the show and were keeping it I guess. Then he started to spread my personal home address and antagonizing people to come roam around to my house and check it out. I just had a newborn at the time and my wife and her were home alone all the time, so it was super upsetting and inappropriate.

Not surprised by his behavior above at all. He devalues this website heavily.

Ps - I don't know Kim ,but he can come play pinball anytime at my house

Edit: Looks like it was Iceman44, as I corrected a few posts later. Don't get this confused that whysnow isn't some sort of troll with his pitchfork to incite the incident further.

#21567 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I gotta respond to this one. We don't have the proto and I have no clue where it is. As I said it was my understanding they, meaning pintatsia and other folks, wanted a visual pinball. Hence why I said my understanding earlier. I have no skills in making visual pinball anything. Last I heard through the vine it's not even being made into virtual table anymore. I think it was going to take too long and it's shipped back or getting shipped back coming up. Not sure
People are jumping on everyone it seems.
More importantly, whoever makes the visual pinball table doesn't get any monetary benefit. I mean, it's all free stuff given out.
EDit: I took the youtube videos down. Got a PM from someone accusing me of having the game based on me uploading the videos from the show. Yikes. Honestly getting a little nervous since my address is given out frequently for bulb pick ups and wife/baby are home all day.

Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I'm not sure how we got dragged into this I personally don't have the game or know who has it. My information about the virtual pinball is stuff I heard at the show, just like the videos I posted of gameplay, from the show. Sorry, literally just gave any information I had. Kinda sucks it instantly turned on me into somehow having the game.
In case people super care, I currently have a medieval madness and slugfest. No magic girl.....

Wow, so I do owe Hilton an apology. It had been so long I got him and Iceman confused. Hilton is still a piece of work for this above posts with Kim, but not in the way I said. I searched and searched and found the start of it I quoted above. That business account has PMs from Iceman too about giving out the address.

I apologize to Hilton. Looks like Iceman.

Hank's post is interesting at this point now. CT seems to have gotten an MG they are selling on their FB account, but still won't release deposits to folks. I understand they are out money personally as well, but still good of them to make right deposits they took as a distributor. It's all one hell of a mess.

#21575 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for the appology. What you said was way out of line.
Please go back to edit your previous post so others (many only skim) know I am not some sort of stalker or harrassment dude sending people to your house.

Edited. I still don't like you in the slightest. You are partly to blame for some the current issues in a lot of this mess with your pitchfork mentality.

#21577 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am to blame for the failures of Jpop? ok...

Not entirely, of course not! That guy did all that himself. You made a great effort to not help the situation any further, let's keep it at that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside