(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,335 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.39.04 PM (resized).png
sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (3 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (3 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jiffy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#309 5 years ago

Nuts. And nothing on Magic Girl, either.

6 months later
3 weeks later
#9170 5 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Just got the email from John, Someone is taking over the licence to continue to make the Magic Girl game, and possibly the RAZA and AIW in the future with no guarantee. The magic girl will be produced as a special LE version for collectors but will cost 16,000. So if you paid 4000 up front for RAZA you now need to pay an additional 11,0000 to receive a game. If you decide to take the standard non limited addition than you will lose half of your money and need to make up the additional to buy the game between 10,000 and 12,000 dollars which is not yet determined. Which costs you an additional 8,000 to 10,000 dollars.
oh, yeah.... if you decide that you want the game that you ordered in the first place like RAZA in my situation. The Price isnt yet established for the completion of the game OR how much of my 6,500 dollars will be credited to the purchase. AND, it wont be produced for 5 years, if at all.
I wont be investing any more money in anything this jerk has to do with.

This is a joke, right?

#9194 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To be clear, there will not be any refunds as Zidware lacks the cash reserves necessary to return any customer deposits.

#9195 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ii. Magic Girl™-Classic (TBD estimated at between $9,995 to $11,995) – We are offering a new edition of Magic Girl™ with all of the same functionality and quality, since the final product is yet to be finalized and we don’t have actual BOM, we can only provide the price range. Any customers interested in this option will have opportunity to confirm their purchase at time of release of actual price. Zidware deposits will be converted 1:2 (eg. $6,500 deposit = $3,250 credits) for this option.

#9198 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

2) Agreement that you will not bring any action for money damages or specific performance against Zidware, the Licensee, the manufacturer, or any of their directors, officers or members during the earlier of:

(i) delivery of the product or
(ii) 4 years

#9206 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is time sensitive as we need to move quickly or I will have no choice but to pursue a chapter 7 bankruptcy filing resulting in the liquidation of Zidware without delivery of any of the games and virtually no cash to Zidware customers.

#9225 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To Our Success!

Best Personal Regards,
ZIDWARE, INC.
John Popadiuk
President

#9238 5 years ago

So, who is John's mysterious Licensee, and WHY must he be a mystery???

#9250 5 years ago

A real possibility is that if you send more money, you may lose more money. You have to determine if the gamble is worth it, given what has already transpired.

#9268 5 years ago

How many RAZA owners + AIW owners will have to convert to MG to keep John Popadiuk from declaring Ch. 7

#9276 5 years ago

BREACH OF CONTRACT?

#9281 5 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

And at the risk of pissing any goodwill i have out the window - I will say I do honestly think John NEVER intended to screw anyone over - he's just an idiot - and he knows it.

Fraud is for a Judge to decide.

#9294 5 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I'm playing nice by not revealing

Did you sign an NDA?

#9966 5 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Dose all this mean TOM and other jPop games will lose value????

Do not know. I have, though, banned all John Popadiuk games (TOM, CV, WCS, TOTAN, SWE1) from my collection until his buyers and parts people are made whole.

#9982 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I can't imagine somebody would try to step in to get the games done if they were just in early stages of development.

Thought Stern and JJP both turned it down?

#10003 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still can't believe John made a ripoff website of my Bible Adventures game.

#10008 5 years ago

John Popadiuk made it to 10,000 posts !!!

#10148 5 years ago

You may THINK John is not "in control," but John DID send owners that widely ridiculed email just 24 hours ago, you know, as a "consultant"..

#10544 5 years ago
1 week later
#12702 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Just my opinion, but I would like bill to keep the game after nw show... Hold on to it, let Jpop get upset and mad cause he doesn't get to control it anymore..let him chase u with a law suit to get it back. We all know how long that will take.. Here's one for u... Suddenly it disappeared after the show and u don't know what happened bill.... Then Send it to every one of the 19 mg buyers to keep for a month at their houses over the next year..... Why am I the only one thinking this

#13653 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Short Video of the Menu system from NWP show
Watch "Magic Girl menu system" on YouTube
» YouTube video

P2K style menu system

#13795 4 years ago

What are the features of the MG playfield? Anything magical to set it apart from the latest Stern?

#13946 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

It got my down vote because just like your comments, there is NO love for pinball or respect for human beings in general. I'll give you this for free - just team up with littlepeg and start a pinball molded line of urinals. Make millions and you can step in everyone's dreams you want without recourse!
And I've said plenty that I get the hate - I don't expect love for the game - and the lack of it isn't my issue (read my comments) but the lack of an iota of respect for bill and the team that TRIED to do something john could not - well it seems like the furthest from something a pinball fan should aim at - repeatedly...
I've spent the last few days watching a human being literally passing away and having the best attitude in the world and I come here and see petty hatred and no respect for anyone's efforts. Backhanded compliments don't count...
I'm done here.

#13970 4 years ago

Will Zidware go bankrupt?

Who owns the IP if Zidware goes belly up?

Will John Popadiuk be a paid consultant for Pinasia?

Will depositors have to sign off on their right of litigation for x years? Can they even do that?

How many thousands of dollars more will RAZA and AIW depositors have to foot to get in on MG?

Who's doing the MG software?

Who's finishing the MG hardware?

Who will be the MG manufacturer?

What is the MG timeline? How many years more until I receive my game?

What after-sale support will there be for MG depositors?

What are the chances that RAZA and AIW will never be produced?

Are there any refunds if I want out?

#14243 4 years ago

Will depositors be allowed to see the contract between Zidware and Pinasia before footing more $$$ into this project?

When is John Popadiuk due in court, and how likely is it that the contract between Pinasia and Zidware could be voided by the court?

#14987 4 years ago

I like where John Popadiuk says only 13 Magic Girl pinball machines will be made. And then someone asks him why he numbered the games 00## ...

1 week later
#15970 4 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:Deleted post

Real classy there, fella.

1 week later
#16115 4 years ago

Heighway and Spooky did what John Popadiuk could not

1 week later
#16283 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Beat me to it. Jack's whole "F Pinside" attitude lately has been a turn-off...but now his response to the Jpop fraud is victim blaming!?!? Going along with the narrative that it's the community's fault for John's failure and theft!? People should just shrug it off and move on after losing thousands!?
Glad I don't have money on a Hobbit.

Incredibly bad form for Jersey Jack Pinball JJP to come into the JPOP John Popadiuk mess.

Whatever happened to Hobbit, by the way???

#16285 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

He has to run some damage control for John. By doing so he's doing damage control for himself.

You saying that the end could be near for Jersey Jack Pinball JJP?

I'll get the corn popping if/when that happens...

#16286 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

When iceman44 calls you out for a dumb post, you know you dun goofed.

HAHAHA

Ouch.

#16394 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guys, Jack apologized a little while ago. Post 6945 in The Hobbit update thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/139
From the thread above
"I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.
This is Pinball"

Nobody "misunderstood" Jersey Jack Pinball JJP. It was crystal clear. This is mere damage control.

#16453 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I've re-read the JJ post about 3 times and can't believe how out of touch with reality he is.
» YouTube video
He makes it sound like the buyers and anyone that ever played a pinball machine should have cashed in their retirement funds and sent it directly JPOP so that he could keep the journey alive.
» YouTube video
Sheesh...
living-your-dreams.jpg
With marketing slogans like "big toys that nobody needs" and "money to burn", if I was trading Pinball Futures, I'd be shorting JJP stock.

July 10, 2015

The day I became an EX Jersey Jack Pinball JJP machine buyer.

Wonder if Jack's victim blaming letter is telegraphing an implosion at JJP???

I'd be REAL WORRIED right about now if I had a deposit in for The Hobbit TH, with all the postponements, etc., ongoing.

#16486 4 years ago

BEAM.jpg

1 week later
#16874 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seriously? You're telling me he had any restrictions when he made Safecracker? The game was an original theme, complete new form factor (size), unlimited budget, etc, etc and it sucks. The only selling point is it is a unique collector's item and it is "different". roadshow was original theme, wide body, and seemingly unlimited budget and it sucks big-time too. I love Lawlor's early work, but I am not holding my breath for JJP #3 based on the "what have you done for me lately" theory. Pat has not put out a great game since TZ - 22 years and counting.

NGG is pretty damn fun to play.

1 month later
#17295 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

As long as we're posting juicy JPOP quotes:
"Thank you for the email. At this time I am unable to offer refunds today. As you know we had a small marketing group called Pintasia come to to handle the business, sales, marketing, accounts and game manufacturing. I put my full faith and trust in them (signed a bad deal) as we spent a lot of time together, went over all documents and game development before the NW Show. I did my very best to show all in the proper stages at the studio during their visits. Actual the Alice game was their favorite of the 3. The magic girl preview was poorly done at the NW Show, all the booth items, promos, banners, prints and outreach they promised to do was never done.
Their one main person to run the new entity had a questionable background and resigned just before the show. I was even told not to attend, which now was a mistake. They did not know how to do this at all. Since then they have abandoned our deal, do not reply to any contact and left me to scramble now as the online forum rancor since march has just about gutted everything I have built the last 3 years. Only 1 of my owners has actually called to offer help and business ideas, as folks get I am a good designer but not so good a CEO.
One thing I have learned is that "outsiders" think all this pinball making is easy money (john is rich and must drive a Porsche), but once they spend a few weeks with me they understand that it is difficult and endless hard work to do this. So they then bail or go online and post something negative. And yes many people offer to help, bash me online "I offered john help but he's an idiot" but forget to mention they want a fulltime gig, 80k a year to then come in only 2-3 days a week and work remotely. Many also come to look around, get a free lunch but have no intention of working at all. This does not work at all.
But nicely all has been documented from day 1, all business items, working arrangements and even all the partner meetings and investor presentations as my attorney helps on all. And is always available. I had hoped a small group of owners would propose some "take-over" to reorg and move forward as the IP created is well done. This was never a money making venture for me at all. Actually I will be living in my van soon.
Currently we are battling a complaint filed by 20 owners and sadly it is taking all our time and resources (which I told folks it would), and has pushed away 3 "other" fantastic partner companies in the months recently. The work I am doing was to better the pinball community and make new games. I have been updating the (pinballinventor.org) site as I work thru development (blogs are closed), new meetings also with some other new groups to assist me in building the business the next 3 weeks. But I have you at the top of the refund list.
I was thinking of coming to pinside with an update and some thoughts on how to move forward, but I do not think it would turn out to be "positive" for the sake of the IP or the owners.
John"
This was an e-mail John recently sent to a non-pinside friend of mine. So he's blaming Bill and Pinside as well as the 20ish people suing his ass...he really is unbelievable. You can't make this up!

#17412 4 years ago
#17432 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

It's really tiring, this argument you keep using that nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless they can solve everybody's problems instantly.
What kind of "justice" is this civil case going to accomplish?
If you look all around the world, any place where there were people hurting or defrauding others, it wasn't an isolated incident. It was usually an ongoing pattern. People who take advantage of others will continue to do so until they are stopped. Every time someone is victimized, they have a choice: turn the other cheek and let it go, or stand and fight and try to keep the person from causing more harm to others. People that are attacked in "civil" proceedings rarely go on to be upstanding citizens later. They just wiggle out of the mess, and then move onto another scheme. Look at all the companies all around the world that do bad things to people - and they get fined... and then they go about their business. If those CEOs did jail time, things would stop. There's a big difference between civil justice and criminal justice. Just something to think about... and those who were victimized are at a point where they can make a choice. It's their choice to make. Not mine. Whether you like it or not, this is something that people do need to be made aware of if we as a community don't want to see these things continue to repeat themselves.
It's just something to think about. It's another perspective to the issue and the conversation.
One reason why this mess got so bad is because people like you Rommy, attacked anyone who didn't espouse your specific viewpoint. You shut out other perspectives. Customers retreated into a little private bubble and stroked each other on the back about how awesome the deal was, and refused to listen to other peoples' opinions. You're still doing it. Perhaps you should try something different and you might get different results?
The same thing goes for JPop. He closes himself off to anyone and anything that doesn't support his position. And he demonizes anyone with whom he disagrees. There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings all over the place over who thinks who is at fault, and it is exacerbated by the fact that nobody wants to hear what anybody else thinks...

Remember the mad hunt for Mr. X/Anonymous, who supposedly squealed to the big wigs over at Fox that some pinhead was using their intellectual property without permission ...

It was pitchforks and torches time, and it was all Mr. X/Anonymous's fault that they weren't going to get their precious little pinball machine ...

3 weeks later
#17701 4 years ago

It's all so believable.

1 week later
#17967 4 years ago

Is John Popadiuk still playing professor with his pinball production classes???

1 week later
#18202 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lots of talk....
When Kulek showed up in public....
Someone BRAVELY took a picture of him... from behind.
That showed him!

It's the QUIET ones you gotta watch out for...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jiffy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside