(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

280 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fulltilt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#926 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

24 hours is a long time on Pinside, all of this blew up just a couple of days ago, so we'll see. He said getting kicked in the balls was hard but needed.
The owners are temporarily pacified by John's post and a couple of bits if news and a promise to answer the questions. I'll get my steel-toed boots on for the next round but am extending some time for him to prepare whatever it is he is going to present us, since I am still a customer, a concerned one, but one who wants his game first and foremost and wants this to work out. I'm not doing this to be a shit disturber for no reason.

More detail posted on John's RAZA blog since Expo than in quite a while... I think the curtain parted in a bit of a reality shock. The details he's posted on MG and RAZA progress, timeline, game programming and board design and additional members to the development team are all welcome details. He's promised more to the owners in the coming days. Good news for owners who have been waiting a long time.

3 weeks later
#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Nice update on the blog today Ice, check it out if you havnt already.

OMG... thanks for the heads up!! GREAT looking new stuff!

1 week later
#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's basically what I'm holding onto.
1 month away.

Sit back, take (or drink/smoke) a long one, and make the decision. "Am I in this for the game or not?" For quite a while now it has been pretty clear that Jpop is building boutique pins and is absolutely in NO hurry to turn them out. When he's happy with the details, he moves on, if not.... you get the posts on the blog revealing new free association in pinball toys. I've settled on the fact that I will "hopefully" receive a "one of a kind" pin... My wish is that it will be before I have to put it in my Assisted Living facility dayroom...

1 week later
#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from x595:

..... has he completely ruled out a 'Luci' version of MG or RAZA down the line?
Post edited by x595: 7 pints

How many decades do you have left to wait? I'll be thrilled to just get RAZA in my game room.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Is any one pin 27k? Or is it 17 for one and 10 for the other?

Yes, for both.

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from RavellevaR:

... especially if you're required to pay this far in advance

hahahahhahaha.... sorry.... "this far in advance" hit me as funny... My first RAZA payment went in 3/12... at that time it was even going by a different name. MG was done sold out at that point.

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Speaking for myself (I was one of the original buyers when this was announced at Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland), I got in because 1) it was a chance to get a Zombie themed pin, which was my most desired theme; 2) JPop was going to design it, meaning it would have excellent artwork and the pin would shoot great; 3) it would be unique and collectible

What Rob said.... especially point #1 (refer back to the original video teaser)

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet you let life pass you by..

No... pretty sure that hasn't happened yet.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's pretty quiet on the Jpop front which I think is a great sign!

Anxiously waiting.... For the past week I've kept hitting refresh on Jpop's blog hoping to see a new post. I have hope that the stage is set for his MG reveal followed by a RAZA presentation. If this falls flat, IMO it will be a tough sell for his future pin proposals.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Don't forget when/if u see the game this month your still close to a year before they get built and ship.

I've been waiting this long for RAZA..... another year.. 2... "hey, it's only pinball!"

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He has? He was a designer at B/W in the 90s...not even 10 years

Ice Castles (Midway/WMS), Popadiuk, 1989.... 25, soon to be 26 years just there. I don't think he just dropped out of pinball. Not with Williams the entire time but has had hands in pinball.

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gut says John comes through. Because I'm a positive thinker!

I have been trying to keep that same attitude. Lately it has been tougher to do, almost entirely due to JPops unconscionable poor communication. On his blog, it's essentially crickets in response to repeated requests for updates on progress, status reports, potential timelines, or essentially anything else. That is no way to instill confidence in your buyers and potential future business. Hell JPop, at least get online and bullshit something rather than complete silence.

I hope that he's going to make a great presentation soon. I'm growing tired of seeing art drawings that have been presented over and over for a couple years now. I need to see a pinball machine. A pinball machine that has a chance of being in my game room. I'm hopeful that I will eventually see RAZA completed, but I'm not planning on investing in another Zidware project at this point.

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

70% chance the *Rug* Reveal is just that... a reveal of something only tangentially related to the game itself like the empty cabinets at Expo. JPop appears to still be juggling 3 games at once as indicated with his latest AIW payment letter. I hope he comes through, but it's going to be a long haul for you guys either way.

Went back and re-read Jpops post about his goal for a "rug reveal". It was clearly stated that "The Lebowski Effect" was his goal and that "the game better be solid before you show it" in reference to small builders. This is totally his make it or break it time. A "no-show" is not an option at this point.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

When does the public get to see?

The way it's looking?......

when pigs fly.jpg

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I forgot that he still has to ask for more money from you guys soon.
That's when things are really going to get interesting. The good news is that for anyone to pay up, it means that he has provided some meaningful information to give a certain degree of confidence to make that additional payment. Right?

Actually there are some of us that are paid up as we are supposed to be. I have VERY little left to send before the game ships.... (last tiny-tidbit payment). The game is to be in final construction before that one goes.

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

There have been several references to Dec 17th (tomorrow) being the date of the big MG reveal. When did John say this and who did he say it to? Or is this just hearsay? Has there been any evidence that this is still the case?

John's post stated that he had set a date to show Magic Girl "on a rug" for mid December... that time is pretty much here. The tone in his posts at the time seemed to be that he wanted to have the "shock and awe" of TBL showing at Expo. Optimism would say that his silence is part of the buildup to the showing. Pessimism seems to be more the theme of the thread recently however.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is that when he said that, it had the air that he didn't really understand what it meant.

No, I think he did. He admitted he had not yet seen the movie. My feel at the time was that whatever the reason for the rug didn't matter, it was the showing of a killer looking new game from a new manufacturer... And Jpop wanted to have that same reaction that Dutch Pinball received. That's the point he was making.

#1960 5 years ago

I've already put in the Gimme' Shelter Blu Ray and going to play some Safe Cracker. Maybe I'll win my money back there.

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

...... but there are a ton of disappointed customers here.

Hey, I got a shirt so far.

RAZA.jpg

#2533 5 years ago

More art posted on the blog.... art with "gory" zombies.. hmmmm .. maybe Jpop is listening after all??

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Maybe he had a big ole helping of "crazy mofo".

Uhhhh...

4sure.jpg

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

.... Some amazing art output by that guy with that device/software.

And "that guy" has been working with John for "about the past 4 years"... Sounds like about the entire project time for Magic Girl and beyond. Maybe it's not just pie-in-the-sky.

This thread vacillates more than Kim Kardashian on her new dong toy.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I posted on the blog again, after the latest artwork reveal.

And I seconded your comment on the blog.... Someone has to be reading it... hopefully.. maybe...

#2642 5 years ago

Would sell some pins that's for sure.

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Latest revision just came back.

No... gotta' slant those eyes a bit more for the next couple months of revisions....

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

At this point I don't want anything to delay the game anymore than it is, so I'll take Mars Attacks, Robbie and Godzilla.

I'll take frickin' Norbit on the backglass if I can get my game...

#2743 5 years ago

Bastards!!

#2806 5 years ago

New posts on the blog, nice look at the current backglass in place with the backbox speaker placement. I like the look and really like the integrated speakers.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

This project isn't for everyone...

That comment was in one of the first interchanges I had with Jpop. I think that I have more and more come to understand what he was saying.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

At this point I would gladly pay the extra $1000 to not even have it assembled. Just throw the loose parts into an empty refrigerator box and mail it to me.

LOL!! At the time I would have never considered the build option... I couldn't agree with you more at this point!

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As you don't have to log-in to view posts, why should he bother to if he can just read the comments anonymously?

Doubt seriously he would be doing that.... way too fragile to handle these comments.

#2878 5 years ago

Yeah.. Pics of the shop dog...

Really. Cute dog but.... Show me the game

#2942 5 years ago

I'm feeling quite breached.... With every passing day that requests for information are ignored.

It's amazing how clueless some people can be that providing a little information, even negative information, is better than providing no information.

#3023 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think people would be satisfied just having a final outcome, good or bad. Which is why lawyers getting involved is good.

Strange thing is that most people would have been good just getting some information and feedback from their questions!

IF John had said something like: "Sorry guys, this is way deeper than I imagined. All these cool toys are likely to take 1-2 more years. Here is where I am now. I have X, Y, and Z to work through next, then...."

I would bet dinner at Ruth's Chris that 90-95% of the buyers would have been fine for now.

#3026 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Can we officially refer to him at jpoop in this thread till he start communicating with buyers and not hidden shit from them

The way it's going it might be more appropriate as: Jpooped or Jpopped

#3054 5 years ago

Strange I have never had a post held for moderation

Not strange. I have never had a held up post.

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And John doesn't have a clue what you or anybody else owes Shrub.
It's somewhat unreal from what I know as of right now.
That said, and I don't really know because I haven't approached him face to face, man to man, yet, but I will, soon enough.

Well I know what I've paid and I know what I'm looking at right now. At this point I don't care... give me my money back (option #1) or show me the evidence that I'm going to get a game (option #2). I don't see option #2 so far. All I've seen is an empty cabinet with a backglass, plus a bunch of art. Right now I'd prefer option #1 and that's a sad state of affairs given how much I wanted this to happen.

#3270 5 years ago

Appreciate your thoughts Steven! This thread could certainly use some positive input.

I don't think it's too much to expect some of that input to come from Jpop. If he takes all the criticism so personally, what gives with the reluctance to address the concerns? It just invites more criticism.

#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickenheim:

This is why we can not have nice things.
I have never met a negative pinballer....

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickenheim:

I probably read things incorrectly, but my main f'ing point is that things are not perfect, so we move forward because it is mostly good.

That's just schizophrenic.

#3375 5 years ago

John just posted a good update on the blog, I'm still in the process of reading it but so far I like it.

Definitely a nice long update narrative from John. Apologized for the poor communication, even included his reasons why, outlined building of a 'team' including some names, and set a timeline to show a "fully built" Zombieland in February. He even specified providing more information to the pinball community, naming Pinside and Pinball News specifically.

It is welcome to see.

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The difference between zidware and some other startups is the profit has already been realized. All the games are sold and almost all paid for with no standards or other model to generate more profit from.

Maybe he's pulling in big bucks selling apps.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinball-wizard!/id342524463?mt=8

#3492 5 years ago

Looks like a mirror to be in the right top corner maybe, as with TOM!

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Big updates on the blogs

Looks really nice. Can't wait to actually see it in a playable form.

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I see a few cool old game references from bally and williams... Very nic.

Especially the "Xenon Gas Tube Shot". Loved that game!!

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

This sums up the situation perfectly.

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For me, the turning point was seeing raza was no longer about zombies and no communication from JPOP about that. With the theme changed and zidware holding onto your deposits is wrong.......

Uhhh....Day #1 It's not ALL about Zombies
- Zombies
- Mind eraser
- Go Go girls
- Retro bots
- Swirly coaster ramps
- Zombie bowling
- Flying saucers
- Gloo gun
- X Ray goggles
- 3 D glasses
- A lucky cat
- Tilt-a girl
- F86 Sabre jet

bhza-flyer.jpg

#3705 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Why is there a guy boarding?

I believe John wants a theme park type atmosphere in the game. Several toys are along that line. The little people on the playfield remind me of the Comet and Cyclone playfields.

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What happened?
One positive I can say about John and these pins is that he is young enough...

He may be but I'm sure as hell not! I don't want to finally get my machine only to share with my other geriatric pin heads at the Haven of Rest.

#3790 4 years ago

Oh dear Jesus.... the art was criticized on the RAZA blog.....

Taking bets on how many revisions of the 'ray gun girl' we are now going to see.....

#3851 4 years ago

John is posting updates on the blog.

Did I count right? 13 different signs to be on the playfield pointing to the toys and features?!

#3879 4 years ago

But more empty cabs including a RAZA and MG cab side by side. And the RAZA cab finally has the port hole cut out in the side.... in a factory looking setting... for what that's worth.

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why won't he show the games actually playing?

errrr.... cause there's not one ya' think.

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Considering rules on his games are generally criticized for being shallow, that isn't good..

I actually like the rules in his games. I enjoy knowing what I am trying to achieve and can actually reach the goals. Too many games with rules so deep no one fully understands them or else the top goal is essentially unobtainable. His games generally seem to focus on "fun" pinball.

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The main thing is the games need to be completed and delivered to the customer.

Amen brotha' frolic.

#3913 4 years ago

My feeling is more towards those 2 cabs becoming the "Lebowski Effect Playin' Protos".

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But Robbie the Robot hasn't had a makeover.

Cause he's a 'robot'..

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The blog has gotten an update or so a week since it started. Usually of cabs or art

Bold statements in that update. He states these 2 cabinets are final production models. "Done" He claims from the production models that they can "make cabinets and playfields easily, in lot’s of 30+ a week with a small crew without a sweat".

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Pretty much my favorite animal

Me too....

liger_queen.jpg

#4003 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hey, I am the 4000th post!

I think if I were you that I would be going to buy a couple Powerball tickets.

#4005 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My hope is gone because, as has been said before, even if we do get games the odds of great code are near zero. We may well end up with super cool looking boring empty games.

downer.jpg

1 week later
#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

So tempted to post the pictures I have of MG SO TEMPTED. It is 90% complete.

I TRIPLE DOG dare ya!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's "hard" and "money sucks".......SkitB

I believe Gary Stern told Jack when he announced JJP, "come on in, the water's cold" (or warm).. or something like that.

1 week later
#4132 4 years ago

The Jpop blog these days is pretty much crickets except for the repeated request from the buyers for a little information.... For someone wanting to establish a new presence in the pinball boutique world, pissing off your source of revenue is not exactly the path to success. IF I ever receive my RAZA, I will certainly never take this venture again.... I don't give a turd how pretty the damn thing is.

#4206 4 years ago

I hope he's going to teleport to the future by tomorrow. Nice to see some little "pieces" of a playfield with parts.... but.. it's pretty clear in that most recent blog post, that the playfield is an overlay. Looking at the lane switches and post mounting (yellow post), that's an overlay. At this point, I'd sure love to see an actual cleared playfield on any full game presentation.

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's a bigger cluster RAZA or Predator?

Well.... let's see.

So far from RAZA I have a t-shirt. Bleh...

From Predator I have a BackAlley Creations topper that works great with Dragon's Lair!

So I guess RAZA is winning...

DSC_0070.JPG
#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Can you tell me if your a buyer of MG or RAZA ? How did he tell you this, by phone? I just looked on the MG & RAZA blog and can't find anything about this reveal date you mention?

Then you are not reading the blog. Read Jpop's 2/27 update.

Excerpt:
"Should have some good full shots by “eod” tomorrow."

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best case is to force John to hire people to help get our pins done.
I'm not really interested in getting pennies on the dollar back. After all this, I want a pinball machine.
Time for full disclosure from John

Back on the 10/21 blog update, he threw out another teaser of having team members working away for him. Never heard another word about them.

excerpt:
"But there is much to do in the months ahead as I have to keep people onboard and still wanting to support my work. The “Labowski” effect worked and I have to do the same level of reveal. My team is simply great as a mix of new young artists and designers, along with many industry vets like Rob Berry and Dave Zabriskie who are doing music and sounds."

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"We are looking for accountability........"

So JPop demonstrates to any reviewing official that MG is on the near production list. Shows what are apparently near complete prototypes (I've never seen them), and claims multiple "system issues" that slowed production. JPop demonstrates intention to follow through with RAZA by producing current progress and the more advanced stage of MG.

Unless there can be demonstrated intentional ill-will, the "clear" impossibility of completion, or utter incompetence, I foresee a L...o...n...g... process producing even more delays.

I see a guy, who in his own mind, is making progress and sees the various complaints as "whiners". A unified presentation of discontent, an intervention of sorts, may be a way to begin breakthrough of his denial without adding more expense and delay that legal recourse is going to bring.

Yeah... it sucks.

sucks.jpg

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

in Maui and on 3rd Marg

Tain't nothin' till after the 5th...

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Well I am trying to get through life without joining Facebook, but please keep me informed!

If I created a Facebook acct just to get the updates, ANYONE can.

1 week later
#4819 4 years ago

Now that all is feeling nice and cozy, are there any links to some new RAZA pics, photos, details, a flipper?? Lots of folks dropping in on JPop but no body brings a camera? Oh come on...

All I've seen is a new "Drac is Back" graphic. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Kumbaya ya'll....

kumbaya.jpg

#4996 4 years ago

Still waiting to see evidence of RAZA progress.... 100+ more messages and the blog and new preview page looking pretty much the same.

Love all the positive vibes and new hope but... has there been anything tangible that can be shared with the buyers????

1 week later
#5370 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How did most people pay JPop for their games? All the money I gave him was via personal checks. Did anyone use PayPal? IIRC, John stopped accepting PayPal shortly after the initial RAZA deposits.

Correct. After the initial deposit, he moved away from Paypal.

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

By CHECK??
ctonL-02-oh-no.gif

Yep, checks.

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That is so fucking sweet. It almost makes you want to take the chance but there is no way in hell I would throw my cash down the toilet that this fiasco is.

I'm hitting 60 next birthday. I'd have to take out another term policy before putting money down on another one of Jpop's games.

#5470 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

How about Aliens vs Predator?

I'd put money down for a Crock Cruncher ....

#5890 4 years ago

The beginnings of something new in the Zombies blog as well. Look to the new page.

Much of nothin' so far but at least the link is opening.

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The only thing I'm interested now is someone like Ice coming in and figuring shit out on the books, seeing if the business can even exist or whether this is all just a big circle jerk.

Like what I posted on the blog.... it's just become a source of verbal masturbation...

#5928 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, which did eventually come out, and sucked.

God I was addicted to Duke Nukem'.....

"GET SOME"

Even put it on my SBR.

IMG_0530.JPG
#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is that 922r compliant?

uh... no

#5936 4 years ago

When did the Zombies music samples first go up? I really like most of them. Good stuff.

#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm in on RAZA (fully, unfortunately), but refuse to join Facebook under any circumstance. I appreciate what you guys are doing, but I don't really see any results yet. I fear that our money is lost and have heard nothing lately to encourage me. I fear that we've all been J'Pop'd.

Do what I did and create a Facebook account for only this reason. Use whatever name you want and attach it to an email used for nothing else. I never use Facebook either... other than this group.

#6157 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Remeber what Gary said once..........come on in.........the waters cold.

And Jack did... and has done pretty darn well.

Difference is Jack ran a preexisting business. He knew what it would take to conquer such a mountain and did it. (not without plenty of stumbles and falls but he did it!)

I was in the early WOZ production batch. Had some issues with the machine, ALL of which were taken care of professionally and personally by Jack and his team. Absolutely NO issue of wondering where I stood. I'd buy from Jack again anytime.

John on the other hand.... is creating a disaster for future consumer faith and trust. Once this is over and done, come good or come bad, I'm TOTALLY DONE dealing with John Popadiuk EVER again.

#6637 4 years ago
amazing.jpg
#6717 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody tried selling their pre-order spot?

I think there is a story behind the fact that more buyers are NOT trying to sell their pre-order spot.

Keeping my spot for RAZA even now thank you.

#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"It really bothers me when these pinball designers don't deliver"
th-1.jpeg

Sorry but Andy Rooney would have had no opinion on Zidware.
From underground that is....

#6745 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Was this ever cleared up?
I think Turner Enterprises owns the IP, since the authorize the sale of the life-size replica's.

IF Turner ever tried to pursue Jpop about it, Jpop would just ignore it and never return the call or email.

#6746 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I expect this one to pass it in a less than a month frankly. The Skit-b thread is going to slow down while Kevin K basically hides under his bed not refunding people and the heat dies on him.

Are you kidding... less than a week. I think there have been 100+ posts today.

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What if the only way we would ever see our pins was if :
MG was upped to 50
RAZA was upped to 250
It's the only way to get a production partner and make it viable for somebody to loan money to the deal to get it done.
Btw, it could happen with or without John, but people need to start accepting the increased production numbers now for there to even be a scintilla of hope
ZERO chance of making it with current numbers

John can't do 300 production games in his lifetime much less mine. I'm up to making the number needed to get 're done. MAKE MY PIN

1 week later
#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Sorry, no room for original zombies,
he wanted more cats and borrowed IP.

Original this...

zombie_finger.jpg

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It just sucks if he was collecting that salary while never intending to actually follow through with building the limited number of games he had indicated, but instead to pass off the building of games to a third party.

sucks.jpg

#8117 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Anyone want to summarize this post?

"Where's my fucking money?!"

Get Shorty.jpg

#8296 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So... now we're waiting till next month for the ramps to show up. Not sure what will change then, other than the paper ramps will be replaced. The bigger issues all still need to be addressed. And John is still ignoring his customers.

How old is John? Is his expected life span going to extend beyond Magic Girl? Unless he's got celestial connections beyond a couple of doobies, I'm not sure I can ever expect to see ramps on RAZA, much less get my hands on the game.

#8510 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Funny thing is if he actually does pull MG off, there will be so much praise and adulation that this could potentially all get forgotten.

No it won't. Never again and I'll go out on a limb to bet that I'm not just speaking for myself.

#8681 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(so I'm basically saying all the RAZA art would need to be redone)

DAMN you Debbie Heck..... Where's my bullet?

downer.jpg

#8905 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I'm sorry, but when I look at that pic with the paper ramps I can't help but think of Popeye.

boom.jpg

#8906 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm pretty confident that this game never gets made

crazy.jpg

#9255 4 years ago

No way I'm signing that letter. By reconfirming for RAZA, I would be giving them the right to change the price and make a "CONVERSION" script offer??? I DON'T THINK SO.

If I reconfirm for RAZA, I am signing that I agree to "Prices and credits yet to be determined"???

In my opinion, John Popadiuk has moved from an incompetent business man to a con and thief.

I'd rather be part of a class action lawsuit and see his "Zidware" go up in torches first.

#9349 4 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

How many RAZA owners + AIW owners will have to convert to MG to keep John Popadiuk from declaring Ch. 7

Can ANYONE tell me why I would entertain accepting HALF the 9k dollars JPop has had of my money that I paid for RAZA, having suffered all his crap, to apply to a Magic Girl??? That MF has some balls....

#9757 4 years ago

I know who the investor is.....

zidware king.jpg

#9992 4 years ago

I want to take the opportunity to apologize to Pinside for making a post labeling Jpop as Popad%$K.

I AM NOT apologizing to John, I am apologizing to Pinside. It was out of line and out of my anger.

Let me take the opportunity to also post that I have decided I will NEVER send more money to Jpop or to his "Licensee" (whoever the heck it is). He has squandered 9K of my hard earned dollars playing his Fantasy Island Pinball Maker. I'll take my chances on ever seeing RAZA produced with the money I paid him in good faith. John has kept all his incompetence a purposeful secret from his investors and I hope he suffers a painful ruin to his reputation in the wonderful world of pinball.

I still LOVE pinball. I don't like or will ever again respect Popadiuk.

#10028 4 years ago

Thank you to the late and great Frank Zappa. It just seemed to fit... I hope Frank can forgive me.
(My apology if this song is not "family friendly")

"The Illinois Enema Bandit"

"this is a true story
About a famous criminal
From right around Chicago
This is the story of John Popadiuk
A man who's serving time at this very moment
For the crime of pinball deposit robbery

It so happened, that at the time of the robbery
John, decided to give his pinball victims
A little enema
Apparently, there was no law against that
But his name lives on
John Popadiuk
The Illinois enema bandit!"

The Illinois enema bandit
I heard he's on the loose
I heard he's on the loose
Lord, the pitiful screams
Of all them college-educated pinball players...
Boy, he'd just be tyin' 'em up
(they'd be all bound down!)
Just be pumpin' every one of 'em up with all the bag fulla
The Illinois enema bandit juice
He just be pumpin' every one of 'em up with all the bag
Fulla' the Illinois enema bandit juice

I heard it on the news
I heard it on the news
Bloomington Illinois...he has caused some alarm
Just sneakin' around there
From farm to farm
Got a rubberized bag
And a hose on his arm
Lookin' for some rustic co-ed rump
That he just might wanna pump

One day he'll have to pay
One day he'll have to pay
The police will say, "you're under arrest!"
And the judge would have him for a special guest
The D.A. will order a secret test
And stuff his pudgy little thumbs in the side of his vest
Then they'll put out a call for the jury folks
And the judge would say, "no poo-poo jokes!"
Then they'll drag in the bandit for all to see,
Sayin' "don't nobody have no sympathy...
Hot soap water in the first degree!"
And then the bandit might say, "why is everybody looking' at me? "

Well did you cause this misery?
Well did you cause this kinda misery?
Well did you cause this misery?
Now, one girl shout: "let the bandit be!"

Bandit are you guilty?
Bandit are you guilty? tell me now, what's
Your plea?
Another girl shout: "let the fiend go free!"
Are you guilty? bandit, did you do these deeds?
The bandit say, "it must be just what they all needs..."
"it must be just what they all needs..."
Etc. repeat

Wanna, wanna, wanna, wanna enema
Enema
Repeat...

Thank you Frank.
Frank Zappa - "The Illinois Enema Bandit"

#10103 4 years ago

Yeah boy. The letter is finally beginning to sound like a real proposition. RAZA conversion 1. No new money and people who may have the actual means to make a pinball machine?! Specifies John is out of the business end of things. ++1

#10872 4 years ago

WOW! He was already for the Lebowski RUG reveal!

#11616 4 years ago

Dang.... deja vu.... (name that Stern machine)

Quoted from fastpinball:

I expect that it will be "......."software that is in progress and have some hardware features that are not fully integrated.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

#11618 4 years ago

Customers will be at the end of the line for what little financial solubility is left in Zidware. And how much is that likely to be? How many of the lawyers have been secured on quid pro quo promise that the Zidware money will come flowing back to the investors after the courts and all settlements are made and their fees will be covered?

Sue if if helps float your boat and give you some kind of peace of mind. Sue to assure return of your investment in Zidware? The more likely scenario is that you will be making a nice payment to your attorney in addition to the loss to "John the Ripper".

Bill Brandes isn't offering any guarantees, but he seems to be trying to put together and offer up to Zidware investors more than John Popadiuk's fantasy land dreams of ever bringing a game to the home of ANYONE.

Quoted from RobT:

So....who are you again??
And...customers aren't necessarily suing with the intent to put Zidware into bankruptcy. They are suing to get their money back.

#11668 4 years ago

Pretty much it up until the Pintasia part. The rest is about 10k posts of verbal masturbation.

Quoted from joemamma:

I think I know most of this story but can someone point me to the cliff notes? Jpop took money and didn't build a machine, then went broke. That about sum it up?

#11670 4 years ago

Or try this......

Quoted from The_Director:

What it feels like entering this thread at this point in the game
11GzN8qjZkDdUk.gif

#12393 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Whats up with this KISS game ? When did JPOP made this one ? Did he use funds from MG/RAZA/AIW to make this ?

shoot me.jpg

1 week later
#13772 4 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

I don't really understand why the photos and game play are getting thumbed up.
1.The games not getting made.
2. A lot of people got screwed.
Its just hard for me to get behind this.

downer.jpg

#13773 4 years ago

And you have HOW much money invested in this?? I have $9500 up Jpop's ass and I'm pretty damn excited to see what Bill has done in the past several weeks. So Jpop shot his wad playing pretend pinball manufacturer. That chapter is over, he's done, caput, out of these games. Now there is one good chance to get something produced, Bill is behind the project and moving things forward in the past several weeks more than I have seen in 2-3 years.

Trolling to try and make Jpop look bad is too little too late. The train has left that station.

Quoted from TravisRT1985:

you wanna commend the guys for working on this game and bringing it to this show that's fine. This whole scenario just doesn't sit well with me. Too much money was stolen and not one pinsider will end up with this game in their game room. That pretty much sums it up.

#14515 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but PDXmonkey flat out lied his ass off saying the games were mostly complete 7 months ago.

or else he's got no clue as to what qualifies as a nearly complete game....

// Error: Image 414918 not found //
#15057 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

you gotta wonder where the prototypes are right now...

Maybe on the way to the Chinese pinball factory to be dissected. . BOM there is expected to be sub 3k.

#15135 4 years ago

I don't feel quite so "restricted" under my NDA anymore....

#15138 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

To all of those who are in on Zidware machines; I sure hope youknowwho does not try to take legal action/ COuNtersue you for violating an NDA.

Maybe he'll kick me out.... take my money and I'll get no machine... I'm pretty settled on that part at this point.

Maybe I could find one or two points in that contract that John has violated too... ya think?

#15141 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Not quite helping me, I'm the idiot who sent him that woz translite.

I'm the idiot who sent him $9500 in good faith.... I guess in the long run it was a just that....

#15147 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That thing I'm working on...
BHZA was going to have a lower PF with rotating "stages". 3 scenes on a circle so it's rotate 120 degrees per cycle. (Flipper and ball mech stay put, area with targets move)
Idea was you were working your way through my lair, you'd beat one "room" them move on. Third "stage" was a Zombie Reactor or something you bash X times to win.
Now everyone knows what the porthole was for - to see a glowing light.

Hey Ben, welcome to the "Violate the NDA Agreement Club"!

#15185 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

You don't need to request the refund. The contracts have dates of delivery for the machines which have long since passed. That is sufficient for a breach of contract action.

You got that right!!

timeline.jpg

// Error: Image 416295 not found //
#15197 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Who or what is Caitlyn Jenner?

I don't know... you tell me.....

twin1.jpg
twin2.jpg

#15198 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a few pages back people wondered if he would turn up to a show in the future. If this is him, it looks like he is up to date to pinside and what everyone thinks.

HEY JOHN.... what I'm think'in!

finger.jpg

#15266 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

According to John he stopped drawing a salary in Nov 14.
Whether that's true or not that's what he said.

I believe he would have to show clear proof of that. Just "saying so" doesn't make it so.

#15268 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Jeez, now its Obama's fault… although that is something I can agree with. He may be the only bigger loser than John Pop-a-dick.

Uh oh... gonna get a "warning shot" for that one!

#15270 4 years ago
Quoted from Ironhorse1:

What happened to RGP John?

toasted.jpg

#15723 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Look at Jack you STUPID FUCK! you did nothing! NOTHING!?
ASSHOLE FUCKFACE POPADIUK! (see you in 24 hours bey pinside!)

And I got 'timeout' for calling him Popadick...

#15725 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anybody going to court tomorrow to watch?
I would if I was closer

#15727 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Someone should live-stream that shit! Periscope iPhone app XD

JARED! GET OVER THERE!

#15846 4 years ago

Thank you sir!

#15938 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Only a Billionaire can save Magic Girl now...

SHiiiiyyyaaaatttt bro'! Donald would fire JPop so fast it would make your shit not stink.....

1 week later
#16105 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I wonder where the prototype is.

Who gives a shit.....

I just want my fuck%&$ money....

Get Shorty.jpg

#16139 4 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Kudos to PEN...just when I thought I'd seen them all that's a new one. I've been keeping track of the affectionate nicknames since this mess started and it's been a while since any were added:
Jpoop
Popadi*k
Popadookie
JonPoop
Poopaduke
Popash*t
Poopadeuce
JpoopyDukie
Jplop
Jflop
Poppadouche
Jerkpop
Poopadookie
PoSaduick
Jpoopiedoopie
Jstolemymoney
Flopadouche
JPlunder
Con Ponzidouche
Wonkadiuk
Popapuke
Jdrops
Whatever you call him, posting like these are shipping and everything is normal is just delusional!

I thought of a new one.... Jpoopbox. It's equivalent to the litter box. Please feel free to post it on your cat's toilet.

#16140 4 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Kudos to PEN...just when I thought I'd seen them all that's a new one. I've been keeping track of the affectionate nicknames since this mess started ....

Apparently popular other places too.....

Popadik.jpg

#16202 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Maybe John should have a fund raiser with $100 per poop throw. I'd be in

I'd rather spend $500 throwing poop at John that giving it to an attorney.... Just sayin'...

#16207 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well the attorney was my only legal option. First lawsuit I've ever been involved in.

I totally understand, and I hope that the law suit rips a wide tear in Jpoop's tight paranoid sphincter.

#16213 4 years ago

Hey Ben, what ever happened to the glue gun idea in the game.... seems that got lost along the way. I'd be interested to be reminded how it fit in the game to begin with.

#16230 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jpop's silence is deafening. Where is he?

He's trying to do the Jame Gumb "slither" out the side door but Pinside has him covered!

slither.png

#16231 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jpop's silence is deafening. Where is he?

Has anyone looked behind his "Magic Door"?

magic door.jpg

#16388 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jack has made one game, it's not like he's the Henry Ford of the pinball industry.

And not without a LOT of problems. Not to mention the long term reliability concerns... (which is the main reason I sold my WOZ)

Big Kudos to Jack for being a stand-up guy and fixing the major WOZ problems, but if he had not gotten them fixed, his name would be sliding around in the Pinside mud along with Jpoop.

I think Jack is being a pompous ass to post a letter such as that. He has always come off as a bit of a loud mouth (if you recall his comments about Gary Stern). But to blow his "all mighty" horn trying to squash the resentment and anger over the out right deception from John Popadiuk? SHAME ON YOU JACK GUARNIER. If it wasn't for the faith and support from Pinside, I feel pretty sure that Jack would be whistling a completely different tune.

#16514 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

think it is actually time for some owners to make a visit to his shop.....If they were investors then he has an obligation to do what is in the best interest of the company which would be to work on nothing but game #1 till it is shipped.

That is exactly one thing that needs to be done. Enter the shop and demand some answers. Many of us are more than 10 hours away from him though, keeps the masses at bay I suppose. There sure are a good number of investors within distance that might use a little "persuader" to get the point across.

#16580 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok.....storms here tonight so pins unplugged...I'll bite.....whatever happened to the machine that was shown at NW awhile back? Wasn't that going back to him?....worth anything?

here it is.jpg

#16795 4 years ago

Below is a pic of the first and last JJP game I will ever buy!
image.jpg

WOW... looks just like my pic!

#16887 4 years ago
Quoted from generica:

No jpop news to speak of, but this has become the popular chat room so chat will continue.

I've got a "collector quality" Medieval Madness for sale. Some have said it "looks like a HEP".

Maybe that'll get the chat going....

#16966 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

clearly google hasn't indexed the site at all. If you google "www.johnpopadiuk.com", it won't even find it.

Bing does....

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 9.43.09 PM.png

#16970 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so does dogpile and yahoo.. Hmm, wonder what's google's deal?

The "NEW" millionaire investor????

#16995 4 years ago

No... but this is his crazy ass anal rambling about art work... assuming the link works.
https://videopress.com/v/65UFIo85

#16998 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

This pins look so much better!:
» YouTube video

Now that's a drain monster! What's that...about 8 inches between the lower flippers?

#17002 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Yup, the active snake shall be added, the flow at this point is getting there and it's fun!

I thought it looked like it was moving. Very cool. Anghelo is smiling!

#17012 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm just waiting to hear that the POS will file a suit against everyone that paid him for a machine and signed an NDA and then disclosed things to the public which breached the NDA.

Gee... I think somewhere there is a post from JPoop saying ZIDWARE CAN'T MAKE THE F*&^ING GAMES!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

F-YOUR NDA.jpg

#17024 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would imagine the local hobby lobby know him by name by now
"Ah yes Mr Popadiuk, how many reams of foam core will it be today?'

Make it "Mr Jpoop" and he needs lot of "reams" for how many folks he's F&%$ed.

#17060 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Am I the only one that would love to see him give a seminar at a show? Imagine if he showed up!

Hell yes I'd like him to give a seminar. Don't give a shit what he has to say but I bet he would hear what I, and a few others, have to say....

image.jpg

#17146 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Always reading! Always watching!

Get to ordering that "T-1 Line". You're gonna need it for the folks accessing that seminar.

1 week later
#17172 4 years ago

thread_is_dead.jpg

#17202 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Far from sunk yet. He's still captaining his ship!!! Look at those AIW pictures and tell me he's sunk. He's still playing the victim and trolling for suckers/victims!

And why in the heck is AIW the only one he's updating? The creep is psychotic or simply sociopathic. Or may just in CYA mode...
The RAZA wordpress blog has been long dead.
https://retrozombiepinball.wordpress.com/

#17231 4 years ago

This quote from Jpop is so classic at this point in the discussion. "I AM NOT A CROOK. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT!"

Unfu**ing believable narcissistic denial.

Quote Jpop from Raza Wordpress blog:

"As I mentioned before I have been battling the “pinside” group for months now (since the DP downfall began in public) and it has done the most damage to my work, apart from anything I have missed or do poorly as a business owner. In many cases people (many not owners) have severley damaged my business, reputation and exploding my customer base with their public statements, rants and “toxic” posts. Also been harrased by phone, computer, email, text or incited by posters online, which is a criminal offence today."