(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (2 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Using AIW money to build MG is a red flag. Even Stern can't deliver more than 3 games in a year.

Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Let me add that I am not implying that this is the case. Hopefully it is not...

This is clearly not the case. There's no evidence he's even building MG at all.

3 months later
#5626 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I guess posting here is one way to get his attention..... from the blog:
"All,
I have had a bunch of folks message me about items from this blog appearing on public forums like “Pinside”.

"bunch of folks?". I'm sorry, I find this funny. Is anybody really on his side at this point?

#5639 4 years ago

I think most pre-buyers are (or at least should be) past the desire for "more pictures" at this point. $4750 for the other folks sucks. $17,000 for this really sucks. I hope it happens for those involved, I really do. And I understand those involved are between a rock and a hard place. I'm not on the hook, so I'll step out and wish everybody that is good luck.

3 weeks later
#7164 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

But I wonder how many melons do they believe they will sell?

I'm fairly certain Stern got paid on a "per piece" basis for BJM. Doesn't matter to them how many get sold.

Gary has been adamant in the past that there is limited demand for non-licensed tables. They won't touch this with a ten foot pole.

2 weeks later
#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm almost thinking John is way farther along than anyone guesses and he's keeping his cards close to the vest and some day I'll open this thread and see the games are completely done and ready to ship.

I also think that's his strategy, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him present a single "completed" MG game.

The game will probably have a fair degree of mechanical wow-factor, John will stand on a rug with a banner behind him reading "Mission Accomplished", and he will hope that it'll be enough to suck a bunch of people/money down the next rabbit hole.

If the community falls for that, the next thing you'll probably see would be a single "completed" RAZA in about 5 years. Making one is fun. Dozens? Not so much.

#8167 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Since I like to look at both sides of the debate, and since there are no 'pro John' supporters here. I would just like to point out the possibility and how there is still a chance for these games.
I will just look at MG because that's the first game the alpha game, and should in any case be completed first or most likely to be completed.

Doesn't your scenario (which you admittedly describe as "optimistic") result in pre-buyers for RAZA and AIW getting screwed to the extent of $400,000?

I would like to think that nobody would send him additional funds in that scenario.

#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any accountants, tax lawyers ect want to take one more look to see if it would be possible for us "owners" to write any of the losses off on taxes next year (long shot I know)

In order to do so, you'd have to demonstrate:
1) the loss was the result of an "investment" (don't think the IRS will buy that argument), or,
2) the loss was the result of theft/fraud.

as always, consult your tax advisor.

2 weeks later
#11924 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The Pintasia team/Bill have not asked for any money, so at this point what the hell difference does it make for the "owners" who were going to be splitting pennies on the dollar after a Zidware bankruptcy to wait to see if a solid plan can be put together. Hell at least we will get to see/play the damn game if nothing else.

You are right, it makes no difference at this point. What the heck....
There will come a day though....and at that point, I personally think anything less than cash on delivery is the same as buying a lottery ticket.

#11951 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

zombiyetti - You hang in there and don't sweat all this. If there is one bright silver lining in this whole thing, it's discovering you. The one smart and good thing John did in this whole mess, was bring you on board so we could enjoy your drawings and art. It's pure eye candy. If JJP or Stern does not hire you, they are losing out on a real find. Have fun on the trip and enjoy the show.

I think the issue is about the old saying, "don't hitch yourself to the wrong horse".

1 month later
#16672 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The key, at this point, is to get three vendors to sue him into bankruptcy. Forcing him out is the only way, otherwise he's just going to keep pulling this nonsense

It doesn't necessarily need to be 3 "vendors". He's admitted inability to produce/deliver and has not refunded, so with proper documentation, a pre-buyer could easily be considered a creditor by the bankruptcy court. So possibly 3 buyers could get this done.

2 months later
#17771 4 years ago

My wife (not a pinhead) overhead some of the podcast yesterday morning. She asked "what's that" and I gave her a 30 second summary of the backstory.

After listening another minute or so, her only comment as she walked away was "he doesn't sound very sorry".

3 weeks later
#18243 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's not chump change but a two-income family could probably carry it for awhile.

Where's the second income coming from?

#18247 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

His wife works at a hospital in the cancer section according to Google searches.
I stopped by zidware on Tuesday on my way home, there was a SUV parked in front which I found odd at that hour.. also seemed to be one of those POD storage units in a parking spot.

Oh, I understand that. Was trying to make light of the suggestion that there is a 2nd income in the family that doesn't originate from his wife. As if John is somehow earning an "income".....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside