(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,335 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 3.39.04 PM (resized).png
sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (3 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (3 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

When the number was upped to 50 last time there was a refund offered.
If he changes the contract terms again, who in their right mind would ever sign up for another one of his preorders? If you deal in the collectables market and destroy the collectibility, as a business you're done.

I'm asking seriously, not as a troll..

But is that the main reason folks are/were buying these? For collectability?

I don't really consider myself a collector - I'm a player (as evidenced by the condition of my TZ..! Ugh.) so the whole 'getting it because it's collectible' is foreign to me.

#1431 5 years ago

Isn't that last pic the referee on the WCS94 playfield??

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had just checked blog this am. I think he is proud of the artwork. I would be too! Holy crap
The MG art on that one screen leaves you speechless!
I mean, at the end of the day, no matter what else happens. The artwork alone, the cab design, all the stuff that is packed in there will be phenomenal no matter how it plays. Even though I want it all, I can live with that.

Who's the artist on MG? (I wasn't paying attention to any of the pinball community when these were announced, so I missed a lot of the details..)

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously Aaron, I was kidding, man, seems you should lighten up a bit and take it for what it is.
You couldn't violate the NDA at this point if you tried. Yes I've seen/heard it all.

With your last few comments, you obviously do not know what an NDA is.

He CAN break it, and it wouldn't be good for him, legally or for future business relationships. (Example? If I found out he broke someone else's NDA, it'd seriously cause me to second-guess whether I wanted to work with him at all.

It doesn't matter what John's financial status is - until the company folds, or John breaks something in the NDA, Aaron can't, in good consciousness.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you have an NDA in place even though you aren't working together?
Makes perfect sense!

Yes - NDA's help transfer information from one party to another, about future projects without either party worrying about giving an edge to a possible competitor (or losing the idea to a third party..)

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There seems to be a some sort of conception out there that JPOP does art on his pins.
I've never seen any evidence of this ... All his Williams projects had artists attached to them.
Where does this belief come from?
Is it just because his BW pins had cool artwork so people associate this with JPOP?
Serious question ... I don't know the answer.
rd.

That was why I asked a page or so back. Was wondering who did/is doing the art for MG..

#1761 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Looking around John's many websites and came across another project taking time away from projects for which he has been paid. This has been shown to owners of RAZA, but I did not realize that it was going to be a separate product/project.
http://www.pinballtruss.com
Maybe this is what he meant when he referred to the Makerbot pinball in the NYU interview.

Maybe he couldn't start making the games until this was finished? Since this would be making all the parts in the game?

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just found a photo of three nicely populated MG p/f's on the artist's instagram.
http://instagram.com/p/vumzcavsqO/?modal=true

Interesting..

In all the pics I've seen (which hasn't been many, not being a 'VIP'), the backbox has been extremely washed out in purple, making colors seems very limited. Also, there seems to be horizontal bright-spots (lines) in them. Is this by design? (The coloring, and the hot spots, almost seem like the backbox is lights by florescent bulbs.)

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

LED strips. I don't care for them. It definitely needs some kind of diffuser.

Ah, okay then!

1 month later
#3623 5 years ago

Interesting.. What's with the "150 years"? He hasn't been working on games *that* long, has he?

Edit to add - He still hasn't fixed the 'hidden' link to '../../pinballinvent/games/zombies/welcome.html'.. using the same template for a lot of the other pages.

#3634 5 years ago

I don't remember after keeping abreast of this 73-page thread - did preorders already happen for AIW?

#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For some time now. I don't think its sold out or anything, but the pre-orders are open.

Okay, thanks. I'd be really tempted (I love the theme..), but won't after the lack of .. well, progress on anything.

#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Reminded me, that there are pieces like this that we've seen, a ton of time and effort put into them, and then sent to the dust bin. I just can't see how a profitable biz can operate this way.

Especially considering the cost of artists. Getting a commission done is one thing - those prices are usually lower than the price for something to use for commercial purposes.

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Unless an artist is paid per game versus hourly...

Oh, true.

However, if I was that artist, and was asked to do that many complete "re-do"s, if I wasn't getting paid a LOT, I'd be miffed by now.

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There 8s no way a company cake take 4

..Did you have a seizure while typing? Or is this a reference to something way over my head? :d

1 month later
#4254 5 years ago

So it sounds like today is (for all intents and purposes) over.. did anyone get any updates?

3 weeks later
#5499 5 years ago

Is it just me, or is the playfield (mockup playfield.. mockfield?) REALLY deep in the back of the cabinet?

#5501 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's his "patented" cabinet.

... Huh. With it being that deep, that means with the backbox folded down (or does it simply get ... beheaded?) it may not fit in some people's cars...

#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has to be to fit the LCD screen. Which apparently he's going to show "in a week" if you believe it. Which means there's been a whole other giant time sink working on the screen for this non-existant third game.
At this point all I can conclude is he's running out of money and is trying to attract new buyers for AIW, or set up a situation for someone to buy him out or something.
Putting this much effort into game 3 when game 1 hasn't even been shown working yet is psychotic.

Ah! I didn't realize he was putting his screen back there. (A la CV..) That makes sense then.

Yeah, I have nothing vested in any of these games(*) so I have nothing to say about what that bloke SHOULD be doing..

(*) However, I will say this.. with everything that's gone on.. if he had worried about MG and RAZA first... I would then be really interested in AIW. However, at this point, no way. So in theory, you could consider it a lost sale because of failure to deliver on earlier games.

--Mike

#5563 5 years ago

.. Wow.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Crazy to know that over a thousand boards have been sitting somewhere since 2013 and all we've seen (publicly) are a few unfinished prototypes.

... By the time the games are assembled (assuming they are), the boards will be out of date; newer ones will be out, with more features!

2 weeks later
#6727 5 years ago

You know..

The biggest fear I have right now is that this whole f'ing debacle will give CV a bad taste in my mouth. I'd hate to re-add that game to my collection, and then not be able to stop thinking about his attempts at making games.

#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please don't forget the code on CV was terrible in 1997 when the game first arrived at arcades. This was also a dying era of pinball prior to Williams closing this division a mere two years later. When Cirqus Voltaire was born, video was killing the pinball star.
Long after Williams ceased production of CV, some brilliant and generous person released the home roms and made this game a classic in my opinion.
The only thing I don't like is some of the video modes which I simply cancel out of by hitting both flipper buttons. I even like the artwork which many people call gay. Another reason to hate it which disturbs me on a different level.
Enough said.

Thank Cameron Silver. He worked on the code. I beta-tested v2.0h, and it was a fun experience.

In theory, 'JPOP' had nothing to do with that. Cameron used what sounds and animations were already in the ROM and just not utilized, and made improvements to the gameplay.

#6774 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What year was CV home code done?

Early-mid 2000's. I'm thinking 2005 or 2006, but I don't have ay date-proof in my files.

#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The date on the 2.0 readme is 4/15/2002. So almost exactly 13 years ago.

Okay, that sounds right. That means that I had my second CV during that time. (And that then also means Ted did his 9.4H TZ in '05 or '06 then..)

1 week later
#7106 5 years ago

Well, I've lost a lot of respect for him in general.

And the only thing this 'pinside group' did was to show me that he hasn't delivered, being far, far behind in everything.

So, granted, without this 'pinside group', I may have been an idiot and sent him money. D'oh.

#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Story problem:
If it takes a team of 20 guys 1 year to produce a game at Stern, how long would it take 3 guys to do the same job?

How many projects are those other guys working on?

1 week later
#7755 5 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

And back on topic.

johnny.JPG

Is that the new collector's edition Vending Machine that's he's making? And filed 15 Patents for?

1 week later
#8173 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

CV had a team of experienced people making it happen. Everyone acts like John was the only one involved in CV, TOM, and TOTAN. He's proven he cannot do anything by himself and he has no one that is going to help him. Even some kids in a basement managed to build a flipping Predator which is sadly more then John has been able to do with his 1.2M or whatever he collected and 4 years of time. Even if he does complete 1 MG he's not going to be able to build the games. He doesn't know how manufacturing works and at this rate he will be dead before he could complete the games that are already preordered much less add more preorder games to try to raise money.
Let's say he has something as good as CV (which I highly doubt as he has no one telling him no or with common sense helping him) you could have already had a CV, been playing it for 4 years and have the money left over to order a Kiss LE.
I feel really bad for everyone that has money in this and I'm sorry this happened.

Hello, don't forget WCS, which (I believe) was taken away form him..!

#8354 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Artwise? Sure...
Gameplay wise? Probably will be pretty boring. WCS is considered JPOPs best when it comes to rules, but as was pointed out it was taken from him. CV is ok. Tom and Totan are boring.

To clarify - CV 1.x is horrid.

CV 2.0 is fantastic. However, that wasn't John. That was Cameron, all the way.

#8366 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

2.0 helps a lot, but the game is still fundamentally broken. How many times do you deliberately shoot either end of the RM loop outside of multiball? How often do you deliberately shoot for Acrobats, or Menagerie? Half the playfield is rarely used.

Well, sure, not as MANY time as other shots, but hell.. in TAF, how often do you *purposefully* shoot the pop bumpers, when not in Raise The Dead? NO game has t he player wanting to make ALL the shots the same amount of time.

#8373 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, but in CV I found myself shooting nothing but the left orbit and ramp (and the lock targets on ramp misses). Raise a RM, start one of those three other multiballs (highwire, strike an ark, juggler), rinse/repeat. That will get you through the entire game. The center inserts for Menagerie, Spin, Sideshow, Boom and RM Frenzy just kinda happen along as you play...

Ah, see, I always went for stacking multiballs.

In either case, the point I was trying to make was that there are a LOT worse games out there as far as gameplay goes. (And in reference to someone else's comment, I'd actually put WCS *under* CV, personally, but I AM biased..)

And taking this one step further and actually back on-topic -

Since Jpop isn't dong that art himself, and can't do a good ruleset to save his life (ref CV 1.x, and other games), does that mean that the only good thing about his games that he did himself would be the *layout* of the playfield?

#8609 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

To be fair, there were people who wanted a RAZA game without me in it, and I have no issue with that. It was always kind of weird to be honest.
Thing is, you don't use me for my likeness or name (there are much better looking people in the world) unless the game is actually about what I do, in which case that's a horrible theme (see also Experts of Dangerous)
You use me for my ability to prototype and get things done. That's the real loss for John. Maybe his plan was to get me to do that for free because he put me in a game? I don't know. I'm pretty selfish but my egotism doesn't work that way (John doesn't know me well enough to know that)
John said I had to choose between him and Chuck. Well Spooky gives me royalties off shipping games every month, while whoever buys out Zidware's assets might releast RAZA by 2020.
Think I made the right choice.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know you from Adam, and I STILL think you made the better choice.

#8728 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

This thread is like a train wreck. I was not on the train and I do feel bad for all those involved, but I just cant help coming back to have a look at the chaos.

Me too. And I'm a locomotive engineer..!

1 week later
#9287 5 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I don't disagree at all - but I really expected everyone to be screwed and end up with nothing. And at best - a bandaid solution that prolongs a future that fails. What I see now is the exact opposite. Again - I'm not unbiased

I may have missed it in the chaos, but is there a reason you cant say who the Licensee is?

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just to expand on this, if ZombieYeti made some original pinball themed artwork prints, I bet they would sell like gangbusters on Pinside. I'd be in for a print if the art was cool.

I'd be in..

I don't have any money invested - admittedly, if I was paying attention to the pin world back in '09, I very likely WOULD have - but it freakin' HURT to read that letter. And without knowing who this 'licensee' is - even with ZY's praise of the person/company - I'd be calling my lawyer the minute I got that email. After Skit-B, I would need proof of progress, and something in return in case machines do not get made.

#9316 5 years ago

I'm surprised 'Popadick' hasn't taken off.. *ahem* Sorry.

Quoted from deeproot:

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.

Serious question, then.. if most jurisdictions don't permit it or don't allow it to be enforced, wouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, then you could 'agree' to this silly letter, and then in two years after more money is asked for with no progress. take him and the licensee to court?

#9370 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's right in the letter:

Zidware deposits will be converted 1:2 (eg. $6,500 deposit = $3,250 credits) for this option.

Clear as day.

As a nerd, this is actually backwards..

1:2 means that $6,500 deposit = $13,000 credits.
1/2 = 6500 / 13000

2/1 would mean 6500 / 3250.

That line reads '..will be converted one to two..'.

So technically, any lawyer could find a big hole in that 'agreement' letter. (Assuming any of the rest of it is enforceable..)

--Me.

#9505 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

No, it isn't. I just learned of this particular letter with the rest of you. I'm not directly involved in this current proposal; I've just been generally encouraging John to find a way to get the games made and shipped to customers.

Oh, thank god.. I was afraid you had given some insight to this.

#9729 5 years ago

I'm gonna put money down on Choggard.

Mainly because every OTHER name has already been thrown out there..

#10707 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Weird how when you do a google maps search no such address exists. I even tried substituting in "Neverneverland" for Streamwood and still nothing

Strange that Google maps can't find it. It's a valid address. Postal Service has it logged, and MapQuest finds it:
map.png

#10784 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

No one there...tinted windows make for bad photos...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nice!
Is that EM-looking game the EM he was supposedly working on , too?

#11827 5 years ago

I kinda like the new guys.

If I can pay for a single game, and get two games back - or if they can give me 15% of the value of my game back to me every year.. I'm in!

#12167 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Rotating Flashers?
far out
I suggested that idea to cointaker years ago on another forum

Wasn't the rotating flashers used on Wizard Blocks? Or the prototype 3rd Pin2K game?

#13027 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I bought two.
So if someone doesn't get one, that was my douchey prick self. It will be in the raffle at PAGG next year.

I blame you. I got the message late, and now they're sold out.

#13285 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what is that bracket in the shooter lane? Are we bringing back WSC94 skillshot?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2811&picno=43240&zoom=1

"Hat Toss"

#14797 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Total.... Drama .... .Island

Iggy for the win..!

#15443 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

probably less than 3 dozen qualified people in the world to do it?

Woah, woah.. How the hell do I get 'qualified' to design pins?! This is AWESOME. I did not realize there was a way to get qualified!

#15519 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I hate to quote myself, but it was the best way to provide this update:

You fuckin' rock.

#15565 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Pic of the card from the original post.

businesscard.jpg

Wow. I have Cameron Silver's WMS business card. Wonder if I should auction THAT off? I mean, he did (still does?) good work!

#15638 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Save it for now, trust me.

Jeez, don't scare me..

#15765 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And I got 'timeout' for calling him Popadick...

Really? Because I called him the same thing, like five or six posts about you, and .. noone noticed.

#15768 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is Noone a mod now ?

Not anymore. I don't believe that anyone cared that somebody was and noone wasn't, so noone got up and left.

Anyways, back to the other conversation...

3 weeks later
#16529 4 years ago

I'm guessing that he still hasn't paid his outstanding invoices to his suppliers yet?

#16536 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

There's a bowling lane. Like the Big Labowski!

Actually, that 'BOWL' looks almost EXACTLY like another pingame.. (CFTBL, perhaps? I'll have to look..)

#16540 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

RAZA playfield with no ramps posted.
rz_playfield_full.png
So just like MG... all the game needs are ramps!
All these posts stink of "Cover your ass".

What playfield is in the upper center-left, upright? It looks to be zombie-colored ('Purple', in other words), but different design?

#16542 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

older RAZA revision.

Serious? How many effin' playfields did he have printed up? Isn't it costly to actually print a playfield? .. Wow.

#16666 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Another example of a flipping prototype!
Archer pinball.
Nice shot layout.
http://funwithbonus.com/archer-pinball-machine/

Holy shyt, I want.

#16744 4 years ago

Like before, likely it's to add (or remove?) plaintiffs.

#16839 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is what happens when your handcuffed by Stern. JJP is doing something that Pat himself said he never had before, total creative freedom.

Hope it's nothing like JPop's 'total creative freedom'..

#16879 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Meanwhile back at the JPOP Ponzi scheme headquarters
http://www.pinballinventor.org/feed.html
image.jpg

These were posted back earlier, on the days that the news was actually posted to the feed.

Good to see nothing new's been posted there..

1 month later
#17297 4 years ago

Holy shit, that grammar. If he was doing the game, I sure as heck hope he had someone proofreading any screen text. It would look quite amusing to see "Shoot ramp left to get lit extra ball."..

1 week later
#17470 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if we'll ever see "his software guy Cameron" at another pinball event?

Quoted from Kneissl:

Cameron kicks ass. His path to Williams is a very Inspirational story.

God, I'd love to talk to him again. I haven't heard a word from him or Ted since WMS went under.

#17495 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I think I've made it pretty clear, without saying anything that could cause him to come after me for libel.

Well, I sure as heck don't believe you. One, it's only libel if it's not true. ('The whole 'misrepresentaiton' part of the definition..) And I'd have to hear the other story. Like the crap that's going down with John (... STILL going down..?!), at least we have his side of the story (blogs) as he's trying to.. make it appear as if he's doing something.

In either case, back on topic - I noticed recently that one of his blogs was timing out for me, like a DDOS attack or server down. I can't find the page/site now - was wondering if anyone else noticed that.

#17500 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

JPop also offered one of his rare wood rails for sale locally - he is definitely trying to raise cash.

Really? How much did he ask for it? $5k?

#17501 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not just you, and it's not the domain, it's the server down (or he deleted everything off of it). If you do a reverse IP search (208.109.181.41), same page comes up.

AH! That was it! Huh, thanks.

#17507 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This was from July 14. He offered it while John (pdxmonkey) and I were hacking the prototype together for the NW show. His offer was $2k.
John

1 month later
#18341 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

[edit]: I just noticed the "Ad Damnum" set for $30k. wasn't this supposed to be a group action of some sort, rather than an individual one?

That was the original filing. The amount could have been changed (likely was) in later additions of plaintiffs, which isn't recorded on the website without getting the legal documents.

#18345 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

sort of annoying that the listing does not give at least a summary of the 'motions' to be a little more informative.
If these court appearances were closer to the lunch time, i would take a bag lunch and go watch for entertainment purposes, but they seem to all be in the morning.

If I lived up that area, I'd take a day off of work to go in, admittedly..! Mainly to find out more info and how the plaintiffs and defendants act, as that could be a big clue as to JPop's state of mental health.

2 months later
#18522 4 years ago

Wait.. He's only the Vice-President??

7 months later
#19151 3 years ago

I'm surprised - maybe I shouldn't be - that this guy even know who Spooky and JJP were... "as you know from Spooky and JJP".

#19224 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm sure like every pinball company there are NDA's that are signed so it would be a waste of time except for that person to have that knowledge to themself.

I don't think he could enforce them..

3 weeks later
#19300 3 years ago

I'm more curious as to why Mike thinks that's a good thing that JPop would show up with a game? (Or even without a game..)

2 weeks later
#20028 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I already have mine.

You should be seriously ashamed of yourself. Those games are really not leveled right, come on!

#20031 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is this better? I leveled them after I installed my deluxe Pin-Footsies.

Okay, that made me laugh. Well done!

1 week later
#20102 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks for clarifying that.
So we were told as recently as a few weeks ago, the first Magic Girl customers would get their machines at expo, and in those few weeks since we are back to non-flipping games that no one can even try.

I though they said before the end of the year? (Not that it makes much difference..)

#20108 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yes, they've said all of them before end of 2016, but the first ones (Chris from Cointaker was specifically said) would be delivered at this Expo.
The thing is, even if a customer did not take home a game at expo, I think its realistic that they could have at least shown a final working game. They DO have a working magic girl, don't they? In any playable state? Otherwise we're right back to where we started with empty promises from John, and now empty promises from AP.

Ah! Okay! I missed the Expo comment.

And I agree - so far, it's been the same thing as John, all show and art. (And as per one of the Expo threads, the American Pinball guys *don't know who did the art*? Seriously?)

#20132 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Saw this today while on the HSA pinball restoration site (http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/Home.html).
(25) playfields made for Magic Girl.
http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa071516magicgirl.html

Interesting. Still some artwork (which necessitates rule) changes. I hope that's a good thing, as someone sat there and goes, 'Wait, you can't do that.'.

1 week later
#20321 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Saw this on the vpforums. Would be interesting to see a virtual version of MG, I'm assuming with all the shot problems straightened out.

It doesn't do anything, though, as the software was never even started.

1 month later
#20435 3 years ago

Wow, I just realized.. We have only three weeks before the end of the year. Games should be shipping now..! Anyone get a UPS or FedEx tracking number?

2 weeks later
#20461 3 years ago

Maybe I've been out of the loop, but what is "Pintasia Design"?

#20465 3 years ago

Ah! Thanks!
I remembered Bill trying to help out; for some reason I missed the fact he named a company that!

2 weeks later
#20529 3 years ago

Really, really, *really* stupid question..

Why are all the apostrophes missing from 'Heck s'?

I originally thought it was just a court document oddity, but then even the Zidware 'exhibit 1' has it missing.

1 week later
#20552 3 years ago

What was the "DIY Opton"?

#20555 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Back when RAZA was still BHZA there was an option for an extra $1K to get the game in parts and JPop (and maybe Ben) would come to your house and help you build it.

AH! I remember that. Didn't realize 'DIY' was having Ben assemble a gmae for you.

#20586 3 years ago

Huh.
Apparently, 'Justin Kelly' and Michael Engel' have to give their depositions at the same time.

#20608 3 years ago

Doesn't need to be brought here. Keep this JPop. Go read the Predator thread for links.

1 week later
#20837 3 years ago

At the risk of being somewhat controversial, I would love to buy one of those 'bad' playfields for wall art, as long as the money paid went to one of the contractors (CT, Applejice, and everyone else that did work with the promise of a game) that got shafted.

#20908 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can't help but think back to Expo 2014, with John's empty cabinets and DP the belle of the ball.
Welcome to Bizarroo Land 2017.

We're just in the Twilight Zone.

Next, Kevin is going to find all that money, and refund everyone 100% of what they put in.

#21353 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive met so many collectors that hardly ever play their pins its crazy and real shame but its their stuff so they can do as they want.
Ill be there to buy them once they are done looking at them for a few years lol.

This coming from a guy that didn't know the inner inlane in TZ temporarily lit the Slot Machine.

#21911 3 years ago

4 pages later, and you guys are still going at that?
I can't speak for everyone, but holy cow, take it to PM. Let folks talk about MG here.

#22029 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

why isnt zombieyeti selling more art of magic girl ? i want the translite so bad...

He had sold some art in the past.

I still would love a playfield..!

But not until Apple gets his game, and ZY gets whatever he was owed.

1 week later
#22715 3 years ago

Thanks, shinynick .. Interesting that your documents say you have game #6, but software says #4.

#22718 3 years ago

What does the Arduino control? That's news to me..

1 month later
#23315 3 years ago

On another forum, I saw a recent post from him, trying to unload a log of arcade stuff. Most of the comments in reply were to the effect of him changing hobbies and collecting more Pony stuff.

#23409 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Everybody put a bid in so we can all say were were a part of pinball history

As much as I would *love* to, I would be the unlucky bastard to have noone bid after me, and I can't afford that right now.

3 months later
#23659 2 years ago

Jeez..
Thank GOD for those non-breaking spaces!

4 months later
#23821 2 years ago

Kinda Soon in 2015! Whohoo! Can't wait!

7 months later
#24174 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

So jpop is showing up at Expo. Seems like a good opportunity to grill him about his decision to sue his customers.
Deeproot showing up at expo to hype themselves up but with nothing to show is annoying because it's just smoke and mirrors until customers start receiving games. We had years of jpop doing that, and here it is again. I don't care how "easy" they say this is.

Is he showing up as an independent? Or as a rep of.. Deeproot or some other company?

1 year later
#24291 5 months ago

Be curious to hear what transpires during the Creditor meeting on the 14th..

4 months later
#24318 41 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Looks like the zidware website changed.. just a teaser picture, in the html source is the name: Zidware Games : The Forever Land
One of DR's projects ?

Or a mean joke.

#24322 40 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's the tell-tale antiquated hand coded html from John. So this is his.[quoted image]

That hurts.

#24335 37 days ago

Since the watermark is gone, he likely did. Or, he found someone else that paid for it, and stole it from them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside