(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (3 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (3 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (3 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (2 years ago)

Post #22304 Photos of every page of the Magic Girl manual. Posted by vidgameseller (2 years ago)

Post #22584 Lion Saw feature information. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #22710 Very detailed review from a game owner Posted by ShinyNick (2 years ago)

Post #22817 Details on the origin of the driver board Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #22957 Comparison photos between a MG 'prototype' and another shipped MG Posted by spfxted (2 years ago)

Post #23045 Pinball News first look review. Posted by Pinballs (2 years ago)

Post #23392 Ebay Auction for NIB Magic Girl #007 Posted by fattrain (2 years ago)

Post #23611 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by dgarrett (2 years ago)

Post #23615 Interview with Linda Deal (artist), speaking about CV and TOM Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #23754 The Deeproot link. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Post #23946 Result of civil suit against JPOP Posted by rommy (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

50 is a lot more than 17 and will devalue it. However, at this point in the pre-order mania, people just need to consider it this way: unless you ask for a refund, obviously the pin is still worth what you're paying for it.
Whatever the production run, if you still buy the machine you are deciding that yes... that is the market value. So no change there. The only thing that takes a hit from an increased production run is John's reputation and his ability to get investors in future "limited" production runs. If he's not worried about that, then it's just something you have to live with as a buyer. In the end, you are still paying the going rate for the product and that's your choice. If the increased production run devalued the pin below 17k, you would obviously ask for a refund, right?

I disagree. BBB didn't go down all that much. 183 added to the original 11. Took awhile but the price shot back up where people were offering for BBB back when there was only 11.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

My prediction: MG is the one pin everybody will kick themselves for not buying. It will be unobtanium after it is finally released, and will sell out the instant the pictures of the game go up online. It is also the game that will humble him. JPop will have to finally build a machine in quantities, and he will hate building it. It will cost more than anticipated, and he will work with a manufacturing partner for future games. He won't build more MG's because of the costs and the effort involved. It will be a meticulously hand-made, cutting edge work of art.
MG is also THE game that he has to prove what he can do. He wants to blow the lid off of the pinball world with it, and I believe he will. It will have over a decade of ideas and innovations he has come up with since his last game with B/W. I can't buy this machine right now, so my jealous hat goes off to all of the MG owners! I wish I was in your shoes, you lucky bastards...
I absolutely can't wait to see this game.

it's all going to come down to the rules. NEver been a question if it will look great. Johns games usually fail or don't get as much love as they should because the rules are lacking or flawed. Rules make the game. They can make the most boring cookie cutter fan pattern be fun, or the best looking game play like a turd.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Should have added this too, tats are a more robust solution. Sure he could remove it, but then it's really gonna look like crap.

JPOP_Rev.jpg 13 KB

What would be great is if someone got this tattoo, and the artist had a sense of humor, and made the bar code actually scan in and it came up a box of tampons or something.

4 months later
#7318 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha, I was just messing with you...if you search old threads the numbers aren't secret. I may be off by a few bucks but MG was $16,000 or so, and RAZA was $10,000 or so.

MG was actually 13k when it first was released. I almost thought about getting in at that point, but I have major problems putting money towards a game i've never seen. Back then, only 13 were to be made.

#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Sort of off-topic, but the Mondo guys consistently get big rights holders to sign off on very stylized illustration for their movie poster series, so I'm wondering what they're doing right. Is it because it's small, limited edition runs of posters versus a wide-release game? I wouldn't think it made much difference.
Here's some examples of them for people to see what I'm talking about. Imagine pinball machines with this level of artwork!
back-to-the-future-mondo.jpg (Click image to enlarge)Return of the Jedi.jpg (Click image to enlarge)ironman_786_poster.jpg (Click image to enlarge)ansinbride_528_poster.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How big can I get that BTTF one?

#7613 4 years ago

just from the backlash and constant short attention span updates that this forum seems to need, should be enough to make any pinball manufacturer, not want to even do preorders for things. It's things like this, is the reason they shoot movies in secret. can't bitch and complain about the progress of something you don't know exists. Maybe this will teach people making machines, to make them secretly and don't reveal until the shit is done and ready to be sold and taken away at the show. Would save a lot of headache for the manufacturer. Can take as long as they like, and tweak things out until they are satisfied with the end result. And won't hear shit about it from anyone.

#7760 4 years ago

I could give a shit about value retainment. I don't want John to fail because I like his designs. The rules for his games can be lacking and need an overhaul down the road, but the art packages and layouts are fantastic. 2 of my top 9 favorite games are johns creations. One had the rules fixed years after B/W closed it's doors and the other one needs a major rule tweek to go from a great game to a phenomenal game. It's nice to see your favorite pinball people still thriving in the pinball world, so you never want to see them fail at anything.

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

not to rub more salt in the rug effect wounds, but Lin (the guy creating the P2k haunted cruise project, which is now changing into a new architecture) started making this side project "frozen" table for his daughter (with early but working code). Oh look, LCD display in the back of the playfield, JPOP better start whipping his patents out
» YouTube video

I think that cabinet is going to have to be deeper than Black water 100 for that one. This better not disrupt the progress on Haunted cruise.

1 week later
#8338 4 years ago

This thread is 20 pages more from the last time I was here. No MG pictures yet? See you in 20 more pages.

1 week later
#8969 4 years ago

Magic girl is looking great. hopefully all the toys work well and are fun features. Toys are one thing, but having them be fun, is totally another.

1 month later
#16577 4 years ago

so it's 5000 posts since i looked in here last. What's the progress report? More pics of gameplay? Rules layout yet? No? See you in 5000 more posts

1 month later
#17171 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

oMFG. I know someone that would want this game in the worst way.

2 months later
#18160 4 years ago

so magic girl going to be playable at expo? if not. See you in 100 more pages.

#18165 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It's not Miracle Girl!

i've seen jeff Mcbride do some amazing shit. I think magic would do the trick.

#18166 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

On a related note, here's a stocking stuffer idea to put on your list for santa...
I suspect you already have one, but this one DOES come with the Velveteen Pouch....

51f-bhWcfsL.jpg

WTF good is that. Looks like it only goes to 6". Useless.

3 months later
#18592 4 years ago

patents cost like 20k each. I highly doubt he fronted the money on any of those.

Any pics of magic girl in action at shows yet? Nope? another 1000 posts till then I guess.

2 months later
#18826 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I missed that year. It's amazing he couldn't even bother to attempt to color match the leg protectors, or trim the bottom to fit his custom cabinet.

just for the record, those are not leg protectors in any way shape or form. They should be called Cabinet destroyers, because that is what they do. Do not use them. ever. Unless you have a real piece of shit cabinet and want to temp cover up the already damage, and don't care if you get more farther into the cabinet.

Magic girl start shipping yet? no? carry on.

1 week later
#18851 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JPOP is the Milli Vanilli of the pinball world, the guy is like a lip sinking rockstar (that can't sing).

oh, girl you know it's true.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside