(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 491.
#4501 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ice said John was opening the blog, I would hope he's realizing that secrecy is just hurting him at this point.
Like I said, you want to have a private group then do it. And I guess you need to promote it here to attract people for a bit, but I hope this thread doesn't turn into "talked to Jpop's lawyer on Facebook last night about sekrit things" over and over. Because that's just going to foster ill will.

Let's be clear Aurich, I'm in NO WAY about "secrecy" and hiding shit anymore.

And I'm NOT some "concerned owner", and I have no interest in banging my head against the wall either with John.

If he doesn't listen to me about what I KNOW, then F it. I don't have time to waste.

#4502 9 years ago

Party on iceman. You are cleared hot. Target jpop

#4503 9 years ago

[incomplete post]

#4504 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

a) If you had any knowledge whatsoever you would know that you can't silence someone on an internet message board with "slander" accusations. Your semester at law school before realizing you couldn't hack it doesn't intimidate anyone, so you can probably stop trying to use it as an appeal to authority 30 years later.
b) Yes, if I were JPop I would want to post here - it's called client management and public relations.
c) Freedom of speech is a valid defense. We are all glad to hear your professional advice is to throw money at a frivolous lawsuit against somebody who offended you on the internet. I can see why you are so successful.

Not gonna argue with this and let it speak for itself. Fact: I have been a practicing lawyer for a long time now, admitted to 2 state bars, 2 federal courts, and an admin body. Curious to hear what YOUR legal credentials are--or are you just another "forum legal expert"? [For the sake of argument, we'll stipulate that Canadian law counts here as well.]

And FWIW, I do agree that transparency is important, and would only help things because there are 2 games close to being finished that look incredible, and go beyond any pin made to date. Can't even think of a title that would be similar. It's not vaporware and there is no cash crunch--far from it. John is frugal to a fault. No idle full-time employees, and he does seem to be calling in favors to get the best talent with the least expenditure, so that more can go into the games themselves.

Gonna continue working on getting him to divulge more. Honestly, I would recommend that current owners not cancel--yes, there's a wait list for both games so it won't materially affect John's situation, but I honestly think you'd be kicking yourself for a long, long time if you did cancel.

#4505 9 years ago

[duplicate post!]

#4506 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This is entirely BS and borderline slander. Watch it dude. Seriously. I speak from knowledge; you babble from ignorance.

Quoted from StevenP:

Yeah, I know. I did the law school thing. It's a fine line that can be crossed easily. And adding a few wishy-washy words is not necessarily a valid defense.

Quoted from StevenP:

Not gonna argue with this and let it speak for itself. Fact: I have been a practicing lawyer for a long time now, admitted to 2 state bars, 2 federal courts, and an admin body. Curious to hear what YOUR legal credentials are--or are you just another "forum legal expert"? [For the sake of argument, we'll stipulate that Canadian law counts here as well.]

Lawyers get a bad wrap sometimes. I rely on several lawyers heavily in my personal and professional life and find their knowledge invaluable to me. Perhaps a portion of that ill will stems from some lawyers using their intimate knowledge of the law to bully and scare people. At any rate, food for thought. Carry on counselor.

#4507 9 years ago

I posted this in December. Figured I'd revisit it. I'm not sure if anything has changed at all, but the questions on this list need to be addressed immediately as we still have NO CLUE when we might actually get our games.

Quoted from frolic:

I'd like to know what of the following is factually incorrect.
I'm going to speak to RAZA since that is the game I'm in on, can't speak for MG:
-The owners package had a 2 year schedule ending with game delivery Q4 2013.
-There has never been an update to that schedule since
-Multiple owners have pleaded for some sort of updated schedule
-John basically ignores all questions he doesn't want to answer
-Even though the game is 1 year late (so far), the owners have seen very little and have no real idea of the state of it
-People such as pdx, that have posted about their shop visit, still gave a 3-year-wide window of when the game might possibly show up
-The game had a pretty serious theme shift over the course of development
-Our money seems to be held hostage, we've heard from multiple people who want refunds and cannot get them
-There apparently will be a super secret MG reveal this week that a few people will see
-No idea when anyone else will see it
-We have no idea how many machines his shop can produce at what time frame
-We see the difficulty the largest companies have with software and no idea how this will play with our games, or how much fun or deep the games will be.
-Everyone who has visited the shop is blown away by the artistry and craft on display
-The games will shoot well, have great ramps, ball tricks, toys and art package
-If we ever get our games, they will be impressive displays of modern pinball art
-Which brings us back to... WHEN? no idea.
Good enough summary for everyone?

Considering the MG reveal was December, and RAZA reveal in February, and we still seem to be a ways away from playable prototypes.... What is left to do, how long will that take, once the prototypes are "complete" what is the process after that, what happens next, and how long will they take to produce for us?

Those questions need to be addressed. John promised an updated schedule back in October, he said he was working on it that day and would post it shortly. We were distracted by the promise of a "reveal" and allowed that to placate us.

I think we need to go back to demanding a new timeline.

#4508 9 years ago

Good job Ice

Best of luck for this project and hope it moves along you'll see some rad pins soon.

#4509 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

yes, there's a wait list for both games so it won't materially affect John's situation

If this is true why can't people get refunds?

#4510 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That's only privy to the owners' group, which probably needs to operate behind closed doors during this "intervention" (i.e., out-of-court restructuring). If the situation becomes adversarial, I doubt the owners would want to be discussing strategy and tactics in an open forum frequently read by JPop himself. They may not want JPop's attorney participating either, given his inherent conflict of interest.

We'll

Quoted from Razorbak86:That's only privy to the owners' group, which probably needs to operate behind closed doors during this "intervention" (i.e., out-of-court restructuring). If the situation becomes adversarial, I doubt the owners would want to be discussing strategy and tactics in an open forum frequently read by JPop himself. They may not want JPop's attorney participating either, given his inherent conflict of interest.

Well, that's interesting to hear. JPOP's attorney is communicating directly with the customers... Good luck not being named as a witness in the event of a lawsuit and being conflicted out.

Also, I've put money down on AIW but have never been given access to any private blog or Facebook page. How do I go about getting such info?

#4511 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

JPOP's attorney is communicating directly with the customers... Good luck not being named as a witness in the event of a lawsuit and being conflicted out.

Conflicted out of what? You can talk to someone's lawyer without losing the right to sue them later if you want to.

#4512 9 years ago

Since he does mostly IP work and not litigation, I don't think he is worried about being conflicted out of future litigation.

#4513 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Honestly, I would recommend that current owners not cancel--yes, there's a wait list for both games so it won't materially affect John's situation, but I honestly think you'd be kicking yourself for a long, long time if you did cancel.

At the risk of pissing some people off, I will call bullshit on that one.

People have asked for refunds without success. If there was a wait list for both games, refunds shouldn't be an issue. Also, there was a thread where one of the owners was trying to sell his spot at a decent discount....nothing but crickets. If there was a wait list, why wouldn't someone on that list buy that spot at a discount?

#4514 9 years ago

I think if you just ask John for access he will send it to you its in a wordpress group thing..... but then I read somewhere on here he said he is going to open up all the groups

#4515 9 years ago

Wait list? That's hilarious. The wait list is a moot point. Who in their right mind would put any money down on a yet to be delivered manufactured game at this point.

#4516 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I can't go through 88 pages here but is there any mention of refunds? I put in for a refund last August and am still waiting

This was posted 2 days ago.

#4517 9 years ago

To me it is shameful that there are people defending John's practices when there are obviously many people owed money in this thread (both vendors and customers), many unhappy buyers, and the word "lawsuit" keeps being thrown around. This is so far beyond "keeping the faith" and "you'll kick yourself if you get out".

It doesn't matter how crazy good the lights are in his shop, this has been a terrible experience for a lot of people, and still continues to be because it isn't like there are 100 machines sitting in a warehouse waiting to ship out. We have no idea when anything will change.

#4518 9 years ago

Was the prepayment/purchase non-refundable?

#4519 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People have asked for refunds without success. If there was a wait list for both games, refunds shouldn't be an issue. Also, there was a thread where one of the owners was trying to sell his spot at a decent discount....nothing but crickets. If there was a wait list, why wouldn't someone on that list buy that spot at a discount?

That's a good point, Rob. I think he may be referring to the wait list of people to buy the extra games Jpop is building. And trust me, its a bone of contention for the original 19 MG owners.

#4520 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a good point, Rob. I think he may be referring to the wait list of people to buy the extra games Jpop is building. And trust me, its a bone of contention for the original 19 MG owners.

Yeah, I don't blame you guys at all. My "no stakes" view is hey, the more games the better! But that's a raw deal for people who paid frankly a shit ton of money for something that was promised to be super exclusive.

I can't believe I'm even saying this, but maybe with all the art he's done the original 19 should get like a special version of the cabinet, and the other orders don't get that art?

#4521 9 years ago

"Opinion not fact"
Folks may be confusing a disorganized artist in need of business management with not being able to issue refunds.

#4522 9 years ago

sure Aurich lets get him right back doing a whole new design for cabinet art! These are going to be exclusive no matter what he adds. He could do a little plaque like TBL.....no wait there's 3 months right there!

#4523 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but maybe with all the art he's done the original 19 should get like a special version of the cabinet, and the other orders don't get that art?

I just enjoy bitching... he can make as many as he likes, I just want the game. Achiever Award's are for dudes and rug pissers.

#4524 9 years ago

Even Tucker managed to make 50 cars.

#4525 9 years ago

"Hold that tiger!!!"

#4526 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Even Tucker managed to make 50 cars

Tucker also built a car company from the ground up in 5 years, and funded it by selling stocks instead of taking pre-orders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker_48

#4527 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

It's your right to keep it private but lots of others see it as elitist. Just because we didn't purchase it doesn't mean we should not know. Just saying we have no right to know makes it elitist. Otherwise it should be banned from public talk and or speculation. I am not saying that what you are doing but to non buyers it does feel that way.
Kim you where around back in the day when i was . Lots of this feels very bbb to me and is being hashed out much the same way. Lots of these people likely didn't even think of pins then but you know how elitist the bbb subject became and it sucked. Also the situation is scary close to Wayne-o MM
Ty guys should def have a place to talk amongst yourselves. But for future purchasing the public should know what to expect from his company is my only point. Hate to see the truth slash process be swept under the rug. After all if it goes south we all want to know how ans why as to not make the same purchase if that makes sense.

Maybe elitist 4 years ago lol. I just feel sorry for them and hope they get the game. Keeping the comms in the dark is just a bad idea, especially if he needs more buyer's to get this done.

#4528 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Typical lawyer talk is all. While it's true there is a wait list, he failed to say it was a wait list, a refund wait list.

#4529 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Typical lawyer talk is all. While it's true there is a wait list, he failed to say it was a wait list, a refund wait list.

Well...just for clarification....I'm a lawyer too.

#4530 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I knew there was a reason I didn't trust you.

#4531 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

God save us all from this plague of lawyers!

rd.

#4532 9 years ago

I think there are more lawyers on Pinside than any other forum on the internet .

#4533 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think there are more lawyers on Pinside than any other forum on the internet .

Especially if you count the ones who talk like they are.

#4534 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Conflicted out of what? You can talk to someone's lawyer without losing the right to sue them later if you want to.

Um, yeah. I know. What I was stating was if his lawyer makes himself a witness by inserting himself in discussions that may be material in some future suit, he (the lawyer, that is) may be conflicted out of representing JPOP. His lawyer may be skirting the line between representation and acting instead as some agent of JPOP's corp. One cannot be a witness and the attorney in the same case.

#4535 9 years ago

He's Jpop's IP attorney only.

#4536 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it StevenP?

#4537 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Got it, that makes sense then. He wouldn't be representing JPOP or the corp anyway in the event of such.

#4538 9 years ago

You all should burn his phone down or actually go there and demand a refund. If Jpoop cant even answer a phone, give proof of a game or even progress toward a game in the near future I would want my money back asap. This to me sounds like a classic Wayno scam. But I don't have a horse in this race so ill shut up now. Carry on.

#4539 9 years ago

Let Doug and Aaron try and work things out before you go burning any phones.

#4540 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

God save us all from this plague of lawyers!
rd.

Do you know the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?

One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker..

...the other is a fish!

#4541 9 years ago

From Facebook "The Magic is now free"

https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/

Here it is.

#4542 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

From Facebook "The Magic is now free"
https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/
Here it is.

Nice work John, now keep listening to your buyers, they're gonna help you get back on track!

#4543 9 years ago

Wow, this thread is sad. its amazing that when these games were announced, the accolades and joyful comments were all over. Now, it's frustration, and angry pitchfork time. Boy, there was a lot of good intentions for a lot of these boutique makers that really turned south. (No offense for those boys south of the mason-Dixon line).
Definitely not making this thread, (and a few others) a hippie love fest. I feel like I'm watching a Saturday afternoon cowboy movie, and the boys are headed to the jail to "take care" of the cattle rustler. Trouble is, there doesn't seem to be any Sherrif to single handedly calm the troops down.
I hope Jpop can talk a good talk.( if he shows up to talk)

#4544 9 years ago

FYI, John just opened up the MG blog!!!!

RAZA blog coming later.

Video coming right behind this!!!

#4545 9 years ago

I'm very optimistic about MG and RAZA

#4546 9 years ago

http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/61/fiasco

And before you so cleverly down vote the word fiasco, listen to this. Within the first three minutes the point of the story is clear.

#4548 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Great post...a link to unrelated events

"This is a story about a fiasco and about what makes a fiasco. And one ingredient of many fiascos is that great, massive, heart-wrenching chaos and failure are more likely to occur when great ambition has come into play, when plans are big, expectations great, hopes at their highest."

Not unrelated at all. Don't be an idiot.

#4549 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm very optimistic about MG and RAZA

We know. You always have been. You even vowed to "drain" this thread when you felt there was too much negativity regarding the project. You've never waivered.

#4550 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, John just opened up the MG blog!!!!
RAZA blog coming later.
Video coming right behind this!!!

Can you link it please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.