(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 486.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Iceman's update can be summed up as: "Trust me."
Why? What actions has he done to generate that trust? There's no mention of time lines in that response, no mention of *why* previous deadlines were missed, no explanation of what's actually done at this point. It's more hand-wavy nonsense about "it's all good" with nothing explaining *why* it's good, other than "trust me."
It's just yet another stall tactic without facts or numbers.

The way that I read his post was that he *was* provided with some explanation of why deadlines were missed that made sense to him. But those reasons were not stated in his post.

#4402 4 years ago

Well, and since Ice's communication with jpop is the start of WEEKLY updates, I'll let things slide that not everything is addressed in week 1. This isn't the same as telling us in October that we'll get a MG reveal in December and buying those months of time.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I would strongly recommend that he focuses exclusively on MG until it is done. Stop wasting time on RAZA or AIW progress or reveals which take away from MG delivery.

I've always been waiting for a MG reveal as a way to make us RAZA buyers feel better. MG was always dangled out there as "almost done the prototypes" for 2 years. So yeah, let's get that shit done.

#4404 4 years ago

I'm telling you guys, if you feel like watching a good movie, try this out:

About a mad genius who wants to put together a grandiose movie, hires the greatest artists to draw a bunch of awesome art, can't get the project finished, won't confine his grandiose ideas to the sad realities of budget and deadlines.
Great film.

(Disclaimer: not in on this, super interested in the whole thing and would love to see a finished product, and I do think it will be epic if he can pull it off)

#4405 4 years ago

This (and Predator) is literally turning into Duke Nukem Forever!

"Originally in development under 3D Realms, director George Broussard, one of the creators of the original Duke Nukem game, first announced the title's development in April 1997, and various promotional information for the game was released between 1997 and 1998. After repeatedly announcing and deferring release dates, 3D Realms announced in 2001 that it would be released simply "when it's done". No official video of the game was shown for almost 8 years, until 3D Realms released a new teaser trailer in December 2007, but the game "sank" yet again soon afterwards.

In May 2009, 3D Realms was downsized for financial reasons, resulting in the loss of the game's development team. Statements by the company indicated that the project was due to go gold soon with pictures of final development. Take-Two Interactive, which owns the publishing rights to the game, filed a lawsuit in 2009 against 3D Realms over their failure to finish development. 3D Realms retorted that Take-Two's legal interest in the game was limited to their publishing right. The case was settled with prejudice and details undisclosed in July 2010.

On September 3, 2010, after 14 years, Duke Nukem Forever was officially reported by 2K Games to be in development at Gearbox Software. It was originally confirmed to be released on May 3, 2011 in North America, with a worldwide release following on May 6, 2011. This was, however, delayed by a month to June 10 internationally, with a North American release on June 14.

On May 24, 2011, it was announced that Duke Nukem Forever finally "went gold" after 15 years. After going gold the launch trailer for Duke Nukem Forever was released on June 2, 2011, quelling any doubt that release was anything but imminent. On June 27, 2011, Aspyr Media announced that Duke Nukem Forever would be making its way onto Mac OS X in August 2011. It was made available for pre-order on June 27 via their online game distribution platform GameAgent."

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The way that I read his post was that he *was* provided with some explanation of why deadlines were missed that made sense to him. But those reasons were not stated in his post.

I read that as well, but why not provide those details?

Is the only solution for every owner to personally call Popaduik and talk for an hour to get the story? That's hardly a solution.

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I read that as well, but why not provide those details?
Is the only solution for every owner to personally call Popaduik and talk for an hour to get the story? That's hardly a solution.

Why do you care so much?

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Why do you care so much?

Good question PDX! Spill it Goat why are you here constantly stiring things up? It seems like you enjoy drama and want to keep people worked up. What your doing here is beyond unhelpful IMHO.

#4409 4 years ago

Because I know people in on the games personally, and I find Popaduik's treatment of his buyers offensive.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seems you like you enjoy drama and want to keep people worked up.

I think the owners *should* get worked up. It's been almost 5 years at this point with no results. That's what happens when people just passively sit around waiting, getting dribbles of fish-eye shots to placate them over and over.

That's no way to treat people's trust.

#4411 4 years ago

Since you answered mine
I'll answer yours

I believe Ice was tld from Jpop what's going on and before he relays that info he's going to fact check it first. Hence the wait. That's what I'd do

#4412 4 years ago

He should say that, then. I see no reason not to say that if it's true.

#4413 4 years ago

Imagine all the work saved if Jpop would just post on this thread. No hour-long phone calls, relaying emails, confirming this and that between people, playing "telephone". Making pinball machines is hard, but an update to an Internet message board is harder

#4414 4 years ago

I guess I am going to take the "wait and see" approach. Not much else to do really. I am curious as to the timeline for opening the blogs up. Should be just a tick of a checkbox to make those wordpress sites public. Seems like he could get that done instantly if he has intentions of doing so.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Iceman's update can be summed up as: "Trust me."
Why? What actions has he done to generate that trust? There's no mention of time lines in that response, no mention of *why* previous deadlines were missed, no explanation of what's actually done at this point. It's more hand-wavy nonsense about "it's all good" with nothing explaining *why* it's good, other than "trust me."
It's just yet another stall tactic without facts or numbers.

Dude, relax, call John yourself if you don't like the current scenario.

I'm just trying to help John communicate and rebuild a lot of the trust he's lost. I don't have ALL the answers yet but I'll pass everything along as I talk to him, and it will be more than just weekly.

Nobody has to "trust" me or anything else anybody is doing. I really don't care at this point if you do or you don't. I'm interested in helping him get our pins out the door, period and stay solvent in the process.

He knows he's overwhelmed with admin BS and general advice.

He's NOT trying to screw people! So take a chill pill, like it not, and watch what happens over the short term.

Another owner, Kim from Boulder is there right now and I'm sure will chime in with his assessment as well.

#4416 4 years ago

So Ice, does this mean I should put my money down for the AIW?

#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think the owners *should* get worked up. It's been almost 5 years at this point with no results. That's what happens when people just passively sit around waiting, getting dribbles of fish-eye shots to placate them over and over.
That's no way to treat people's trust.

Actually it's 3 1/2 but what's 1 1/2 years between friends. You might see why people would think your coming across as an instigator, but then again, you might not ..... hope your friends appreciate how passionately you feel about this..

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll pass everything along as I talk to him, and it will be more than just weekly.

I object counselor.

In my opinion I think you should contact John as needed. If that's twice a month or five times a month that's fine, but as needed. I use to micromanage my people until I realized what an ass I was and how I hurt morale.

Just a suggestion.

I will also suggest that you post to our private owners group. I'm not sure what kind of updates you're going to post but once Pinside reads something, anything, those know it all, non owners are gonna smoke your keyboard.
Spill some over to Pinside on occasions if you like, but weekly updates? Your funeral my friend.

Quoted from iceman44:

Another owner, Kim from Boulder is there right now and I'm sure will chime in with his assessment as well.

I fly out tomorrow and will be reporting to the private owners group for the reasons above. I may have some spill over but doubtful. And if group members want to chat up the info publicly I have no problem with that.

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Spill some over to Pinside on occasions if you like

Yeah, explain to me again how keeping pinside in the dark has been effective in the past?

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I object counselor.
In my opinion I think you should contact John as needed. If that's twice a month or five times a month that's fine, but as needed. I use to micromanage my people until I realized what an ass I was and how I hurt morale.
Just a suggestion.
I will also suggest that you post to our private owners group. I'm not sure what kind of updates you're going to post but once Pinside reads something, anything, those know it all, non owners are gonna smoke your keyboard.
Spill some over to Pinside on occasions if you like, but weekly updates? Your funeral my friend.

I fly out tomorrow and will be reporting to the private owners group for the reasons above. I may have some spill over but doubtful. And if group members want to chat up the info publicly I have no problem with that.

Why are you doing what John did in the first place? May I suggest it all gets out to the people here as I don't get why you need to keep this all private? The more information, positive or negative will decide if this thing is going to make it or not. There needs to be much positive news to as many as possibly can in order to get sales going and or even getting the rest of the deposits in. I haven't joined this "private" group as I didnt really feel the need too! If Ice is getting info and John has laughed at his own NDA then get all the info out here.

#4421 4 years ago

Look i have talked to John as well, in person and over text. I really like the guy and as he is in the dark about how important it is to get as much information out as possible, I still feel we would be doing him a disservice by keeping this "private" as in the past! Get it all out there good or bad!

#4422 4 years ago

I'm open to suggestions I guess, and I will consider your thoughts.

Iceman has a different style than I do. No judgment on that from me.
If he wants to bring my information forward now and in the future I am perfectly happy with that.

#4423 4 years ago

There's no benefit keeping things private anymore, if for no other reason than it will generate interest in the game and let people who want off the ride an opportunity to sell their spot.

#4424 4 years ago

Thanks Mr68 its time to get this business moving forward, not keep it in the dark. Ice has the right approach IMO and we need to hold his hand all the way to the finish line. They will be great machines he just needs help getting there

#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks Mr68 its time to get this business moving forward, not keep it in the dark. Ice has the right approach IMO and we need to hold his hand all the way to the finish line. They will be great machines he just needs help getting there

I agree and am doing a lot more than whats been posted here. Iceman and I will have private communications on the owners group and he can be the spokesperson.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm open to suggestions I guess, and I will consider your thoughts.
If he wants to bring my information forward now and in the future I am perfectly happy with that.

Hey Kim, I don't understand the purpose of your private Facebook site idea since John already has his private blog for us to communicate on. What's the difference?
Whatever you decide to do with your information is up to you but please keep me and other owners informed what you learn through pm's or emails since some of us have not joined your group.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey Kim, I don't understand the purpose of your private Facebook site idea since John already has his private blog for us to communicate on. What's the difference?
Whatever you decide to do with your information is up to you but please keep me and other owners informed what you learn through pm's or emails since some of us have not joined your group.

Its a private place for us to cry, strategize, commiserate, laugh, whatever, without the noise of Pinside.

Edit/Add: Iceman can pass along any information from the group that he chooses. Other members are welcome to do this also.

I'm not trying to keep anybody in the dark, I just don't want the headache and prefer to work behind the scenes.

#4428 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its a private place for us to cry, strategize, commiserate, laugh, whatever without the noise of Pinside.

Well I am trying to get through life without joining Facebook, but please keep me informed!

#4429 4 years ago

I hear ya about Facebook. But the group is already set up.

#4430 4 years ago

First time I've used facebook
I blame you Kim

#4431 4 years ago

Post pictures of your food.

#4432 4 years ago

Okimage.jpg

#4433 4 years ago

Ok, though I'm a bit unclear as to how this will help Jpop.

taco.jpeg
#4434 4 years ago

We are having mexican take out, combo #1 son. You guys are 3 photos of food closer to having completed games.

ls.jpg

*Not a photo of our actual meal, just a representative sample of the #1 combo at 90% of mexican restaurants I've been to (2 enchiladas, rice or beans, taco).

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Ok, though I'm a bit unclear as to how this will help Jpop.

Hey Jpop! If you finish Magic Girl you can have a ...

cookie!

I'm not ready to call the project saved yet, but I'm seeing the possibility of progress. IMHO you guys should be trying to get as much sunlight in as you can, not trying to figure out how to make more secret groups. If that had worked then great, I don't begrudge any of you your special access, you paid for it. But I think it's just a failed idea. Take your pleasure in the thought of owning the game itself.

#4436 4 years ago

It's your right to keep it private but lots of others see it as elitist. Just because we didn't purchase it doesn't mean we should not know. Just saying we have no right to know makes it elitist. Otherwise it should be banned from public talk and or speculation. I am not saying that what you are doing but to non buyers it does feel that way.

Kim you where around back in the day when i was . Lots of this feels very bbb to me and is being hashed out much the same way. Lots of these people likely didn't even think of pins then but you know how elitist the bbb subject became and it sucked. Also the situation is scary close to Wayne-o MM

Ty guys should def have a place to talk amongst yourselves. But for future purchasing the public should know what to expect from his company is my only point. Hate to see the truth slash process be swept under the rug. After all if it goes south we all want to know how ans why as to not make the same purchase if that makes sense.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Okimage.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Everything but that Ikura,

#4438 4 years ago

Dinner last night. I was starving.

IMAG2039.jpg
#4439 4 years ago

"First time I've used facebook
I blame you Kim"

Same here, hate FB but just joined because I want to be part of the solution - and Kim has at least provided a place where folks with a true vested interest can cooperate without all of the noise. Jpops MG 'blog' was a joke - placation, moderation and obfuscation at best. Can't speak for the Raza blog as I am not in on that game, but as a MG owner I say it's long overdue that all the owners at least now have the ability to know each other and a have a venue to form a consensus.

#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And if group members want to chat up the info publicly I have no problem with that.

Quoted from Mr68:

Quoted from Mr68:

Iceman and I will have private communications on the owners group and he can be the spokesperson.

What is it about my posting style that you guys are missing?

Its the owners that are going to move this project forward and I formed the group so we could strategize in private. I don't need Eggbert or some other drunk Pinsider telling us were stupid and how he would hire F. Lee Baily to sue Popaduik to high heaven. More importantly, I just don't want to play Q & A on Pinside.

Iceman is the spokesperson here and he has promised you guys weekly or bi-weekly updates.

#4441 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

some other drunk Pinsider telling us were stupid and how he would hire F.

Hey I may be really drunk but I did not tell you that : )

Carry on...

#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

One difference would be that not all of us were given access to post on the private blog and although Mr. JPop has time to post dog pictures he can't be bothered to give permission for all of us to post.

#4443 4 years ago

I would like to post a picture of my liquid dinner, but I don't want to get lumped in with Eggbert and other drunk pinsiders.

#4444 4 years ago

Update: The secret group is posting naked pictures of Nikola Tesla and Popadiuk in a kiddy pool filled with jello.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I would like to post a picture of my liquid dinner

I often have a 3 mojito lunch

#4446 4 years ago

With 180+ posts since I last checked this thread, I thought I might see some progress pics or an update of some sort. Unfortunately, the only pics were of people's dinners.

#4447 4 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

With 180+ posts since I last checked this thread, I thought I might see some progress pics or an update of some sort. Unfortunately, the only pics were of people's dinners.

Agreed, but we are trending optimistic, as compared to the 4,000 + posts prior.

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Well I am trying to get through life without joining Facebook, but please keep me informed!

If I created a Facebook acct just to get the updates, ANYONE can.

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Update: The secret group is posting naked pictures of Nikola Tesla and Popadiuk in a kiddy pool filled with jello.

You just said you weren't going to let it spill over to Pinside! Now everyone knows about the jello pics.

#4450 4 years ago

I anxiously look forward to the anti-gravity technology JPop will be revealing in MG when it's released. Because anything less than that doesn't justify the NDA he's made his customer sign.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside