(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 490.
#4251 9 years ago

My suspicion is that if John was as close to playable as the Predator prototype or TBL he should have posted it, and the fact that he hasn't means he's still not that close. In other words his silence speaks volumes.

#4252 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I suggest a group at expo to confront him. No secret where his shop is at all. If hes not there just check all the star bucks in the out lying areas.

Wait until October?!?

#4253 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best case is to force John to hire people to help get our pins done.
I'm not really interested in getting pennies on the dollar back. After all this, I want a pinball machine.
Time for full disclosure from John

So whatever happened to you confronting John and demanding info or else?

#4254 9 years ago

So it sounds like today is (for all intents and purposes) over.. did anyone get any updates?

#4255 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So it sounds like today is (for all intents and purposes) over.. did anyone get any updates?

No.

#4256 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Wait until October?!?

Sorry I ment mgc

#4257 9 years ago

Ice, how many people do we need to get together to form a "class"? I'm on board.

#4258 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Ice, how many people do we need to get together to form a "class"? I'm on board.

I don't think there are any hard minimums or maximums for a federal case, but I could be wrong. See this for a start:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_23

Lots of good case law on class formation, including some from Posner that would apply to 7th Circuit cases.

#4259 9 years ago

2007 - world economic collapse.
2015 - boutique pinball economic collapse.

#4260 9 years ago

Sadly it may be so. First victim unfolding and now this is barely hanging on. Not a good day at all!

#4261 9 years ago

Happy March 1.

I don't know why I'm continually let down, but I expected at least a few pictures yesterday. No blog update at all.

#4262 9 years ago

So no huge update?

#4263 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So no huge update?

No huge update. No little update. No update at all.

Last blog post was Feb 27th saying he was building the game as we speak, photos coming and some video of a toy. but those never even turned up.

Not that those photos and a toy video would have helped much, since that is far less than what we were told was coming (completed prototype).

As par for the course, we will get a few pics in the next few weeks, an apology that "making pinball is hard" and a new date announced.

#4264 9 years ago

SSDD.jpgSSDD.jpg

#4265 9 years ago

OK let the thumbs down rain but here's my 2 cents. I don't see anything at all being accomplished on this entire long winded thread other than a lot of people venting their frustrations. Problem is, a very very small percentage are owners and the rest have nothing to lose except adding fuel to the fire. Pretty much the same as the Predator thread, lots of hot air, nothing solved. I don't think Kevin or John or Rick or Jack or anyone else really cares any more about what is said here and pretty much ignore 99% of it. If the 'real' owners want to voice their frustrations and concerns they should contact JP immediately and tell him directly, not though email and certainly not through pinside.

Do I think people have the right to voice their opinion here, of course, do I think it's doing any good , no. I realize that posts have been made and ignored on the blog too, but only by a small vocal minority. The rest of the owners who are unhappy need to speak up and not sit back thinking that the small handful of people who are speaking up are enough.

#4266 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I don't see anything at all being accomplished on this entire long winded thread

Sorry, which thread are you speaking of? Pinside has about 200,000 threads. That is what we do around here.

#4267 9 years ago

According to JPop's Facebook page he was in England on Wednesday (Lancaster, Lancashire).

#4268 9 years ago

All I know is what he tells me. On Monday Feb 23rd he posted the reveal teaser link page and a blog entry about it. The on Friday Feb 27 we got the "bolting it up" post. If he went to England on Wednesday he was working again in the shop on Friday? Whatever the case, the point is he told us a date to quiet us down and led us to believe he was working towards it.

#4269 9 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

According to JPop's Facebook page he was in England on Wednesday (Lancaster, Lancashire).

Subject to interpretation. Someone linked him in a FB post is all.

>Wesley Arron Hoyle
February 25 at 6:03am ·
What an absolutely corking night at hustle last night!!
Thanks to everyone that joined us hope u had a belter!
Don't forget I'm back tonight at Yates lancaster for £1.50 drinks night !
Don't be shy give it a try!!
— with John Popadiuk and 84 others at Yates's Lancaster.<

Recently I was in China while shoveling snow in my Colorado driveway.

#4270 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So no huge update?

I'm surprised as to why John keeps pulling dates out of his ass, first it was big reveal for the Expo, then it was to be December for a 'on the rug' type reveal of MG. Then it was February for a working prototype of RAZA.

IMO isn't that worse than just saying: "I'll post something when I post something, until then I'll post more close-ups of the PF, if you don't like it there's not a lot you can do about it. And I'm working 100 hours a week so I don't have a minute to answer your e-mails"

#4271 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

All I know is what he tells me. On Monday Feb 23rd he posted the reveal teaser link page and a blog entry about it. The on Friday Feb 27 we got the "bolting it up" post. If he went to England on Wednesday he was working again in the shop on Friday? Whatever the case, the point is he told us a date to quiet us down and led us to believe he was working towards it.

Can you tell me if your a buyer of MG or RAZA ? How did he tell you this, by phone? I just looked on the MG & RAZA blog and can't find anything about this reveal date you mention?

#4272 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

OK let the thumbs down rain but here's my 2 cents. I don't see anything at all being accomplished on this entire long winded thread other than a lot of people venting their frustrations. Problem is, a very very small percentage are owners and the rest have nothing to lose except adding fuel to the fire. Pretty much the same as the Predator thread, lots of hot air, nothing solved. I don't think Kevin or John or Rick or Jack or anyone else really cares any more about what is said here and pretty much ignore 99% of it. If the 'real' owners want to voice their frustrations and concerns they should contact JP immediately and tell him directly, not though email and certainly not through pinside.
Do I think people have the right to voice their opinion here, of course, do I think it's doing any good , no. I realize that posts have been made and ignored on the blog too, but only by a small vocal minority. The rest of the owners who are unhappy need to speak up and not sit back thinking that the small handful of people who are speaking up are enough.

Except Frolic and Ice and others have posted on the owners blog the same things and John doesn't care. He shows he doesn't give 2 s#!ts about the owners concerns.

John said he would change after Expo but he has not changed anything. He gives access to people on the tour to things (it seems things like working prototype) but he won't post anything like a virtual tour for owners who can't make it to the tour. The NDA has not been broken, no one has posted any pictures from his precious blog but he still won't show anything, he shows a fish eyed lens of the PF. Shove it up your @ss with that crap. The owners deserve to be treaded with respect, they should see the same thing people see on tour.

#4273 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Can you tell me if your a buyer of MG or RAZA ? How did he tell you this, by phone? I just looked on the MG & RAZA blog and can't find anything about this reveal date you mention?

Then you are not reading the blog. Read Jpop's 2/27 update.

Excerpt:
"Should have some good full shots by “eod” tomorrow."

#4274 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I'm a raza buyer.

On January 17 as part of the "Winter Update" he wrote:

"Currently still on track to show a fully built Zombie Adventureland game in February."

There were some previous mentions of a January RAZA reveal (MG December), I think it was "first week of January" first, then that became February. I didn't say much until we were in the final days of Feb.

#4275 9 years ago

November 20th he posted this:

"At this time I would like to reveal the full game around the first week of January. "

#4276 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Except Frolic and Ice and others have posted on the owners blog the same things and John doesn't care. He shows he doesn't give t shits about the owners concerns.
John said he would change after Expo but he has not changed anything. He gives access to people on the tour to things (it seems things like working prototype) but he won't post anything like a virtual tour for owners who can't make it to the tour. The NDA has not been broken, no one has posted any pictures from his precious blog but he still won't show anything, he shows a fish eyed lens of the PF. Shove it up your ass with that crap. The owners deserve to be treaded with respect, they should see the same thing people see on tour.

Exactly why the owners need to call him and get up his ass, he needs to feel the pressure from the owners, not the pinside community. It can't be more obvious that he sees no sense of urgency or pressure.

#4277 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm a raza buyer.
On January 17 as part of the "Winter Update" he wrote:
"Currently still on track to show a fully built Zombie Adventureland game in February."
There were some previous mentions of a January RAZA reveal (MG December), I think it was "first week of January" first, then that became February. I didn't say much until we were in the final days of Feb.

OK found it, but I'll stick with this, if your an owner and your not happy, I think it would have more impact to call him periodically and demand answers and hold him to what he says.

#4278 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Subject to interpretation. Someone linked him in a FB post is all.
>Wesley Arron Hoyle
February 25 at 6:03am ·
What an absolutely corking night at hustle last night!!
Thanks to everyone that joined us hope u had a belter!
Don't forget I'm back tonight at Yates lancaster for £1.50 drinks night !
Don't be shy give it a try!!
— with John Popadiuk and 84 others at Yates's Lancaster.<
Recently I was in China while shoveling snow in my Colorado driveway.

I'm pretty sure that on the top left of his profile page the Places icon indicates that he "Visited" or "checked in" there. I don't think someone else can add this to your profile?image.jpgimage.jpg

#4279 9 years ago

That's asutomatic

Quoted from doghouse:

I don't think someone else can add this to your profile?

Yes they can. I have some on my FB profile. It was simply friends tagging me in their updates.

Look, I'm not defending Jpop here only seeking accuracy. And stuff like this will lead Pinside to say "Jpop has fled the country!!!!"

FYI. I don't believe your comment was meant to incite anything so its all good with me.

#4280 9 years ago

So to be clear ... JPOP is NOT working 24/7, aka around-the-clock on these games....and a few folks partied with JPOP at Yates's Lancaster in Lancashire and will be nursing one hell of a belter this morning.

#4281 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

OK found it, but I'll stick with this, if your an owner and your not happy, I think it would have more impact to call him periodically and demand answers and hold him to what he says.

He will not take my calls. I've tried dozens of times. Voicemail always full too. He won't answer my emails either. I have 3 work email addresses, his personal email and his home ISP provided email and he won't answer those either. Sometimes I CC all of them. He will not respond to me on Twitter or Facebook either via comment or PM. What else am I supposed to do?

#4282 9 years ago

Update to the above post. An unnamed pinsider (thank you!) has helped doxx more contact info. I am now going to proceed blowing up that phone # too.

#4283 9 years ago

Somebody send me that new contact info please

#4284 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best case is to force John to hire people to help get our pins done.
I'm not really interested in getting pennies on the dollar back. After all this, I want a pinball machine.
Time for full disclosure from John

Back on the 10/21 blog update, he threw out another teaser of having team members working away for him. Never heard another word about them.

excerpt:
"But there is much to do in the months ahead as I have to keep people onboard and still wanting to support my work. The “Labowski” effect worked and I have to do the same level of reveal. My team is simply great as a mix of new young artists and designers, along with many industry vets like Rob Berry and Dave Zabriskie who are doing music and sounds."

#4285 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

What's the harm in doing all of the above? Contact him directly and repeatedly (although from ChrisVW's post this may be virtually impossible) and also post here on Pinside?

I'm not a JPOP customer. But I think it's good for the pinball community as a whole to be aware of what's going on with these pre-order situations (not just JPOP but also SkitB and DP).

#4286 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The “Labowski” effect worked and I have to do the same level of reveal.

Worth quoting, just to show we aren't completely nuts when we expect to see... you know, a working game.

#4287 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What's the harm in doing all of the above? Contact him directly and repeatedly (although from ChrisVW's post this may be virtually impossible) and also post here on Pinside?
I'm not a JPOP customer. But I think it's good for the pinball community as a whole to be aware of what's going on with these pre-order situations (not just JPOP but also SkitB and DP).

Chrisvw posted that someone gave him JP's new contact phone number so I'm assuming he plans on calling. I absolutely think all the owners who are concerned should be calling him to address any concerns they may have. That's what I'm doing.

#4288 9 years ago

I'd like those phone numbers as well please.
Thanks

#4289 9 years ago

So here are the options as I see them right now.

1) We could file a class action suit in State court and whomever reps Zidware would undoubtedly seek to have it removed to Federal court where there would be a more friendly environment for defendants. It would be a difficult and costly process for both sides.

2) Start off with one plaintiff, ideally somebody in Chicago or the surrounding area to begin putting pressure on Zidware to start listening to us. Send a "demand letter" and wait the appropriate time, 30 days here in Texas, before filing suit and requesting legal fees. We would sue Zidware Inc., and John personally. Given how he runs things, I'm confident we would have a chance at piercing the corporate veil and holding him personally liable. He would use OUR $$ to defend himself.

3) A constant phone call barrage with John. Doesn't seem to do a bit of good.

It's my opinion that we need to send a "demand letter" and force John to bring on help to get us our pinball machines.

I suggest Aaron and his team at FAST pinball and possibly a project manager like Chad K. John simply can't do it himself and I don't know why he is stalling.

If he fights it, then we file suit and get FAST in there that way.

Pretty pathetic, either way.

#4290 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

2) Start off with one plaintiff, ideally somebody in Chicago or the surrounding area to begin putting pressure on Zidware to start listening to us. Send a "demand letter" and wait the appropriate time, 30 days here in Texas, before filing suit and requesting legal fees. We would sue Zidware Inc., and John personally. Given how he runs things, I'm confident we would have a chance at piercing the corporate veil and holding him personally liable. He would use OUR $$ to defend himself.

The problem with this option, as I see it, is that it will not do much good for anyone other than the one plaintiff, because the easy way out for JPop on that single claim is to simply issue a full refund.

#4291 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The problem with this option, as I see it, is that it will not do much good for anyone other than the one plaintiff, because the easy way out for JPop on that single claim is to simply issue a full refund.

I agree with that, but it's most efficient, cheapest and quickest way, versus organizing a class, to get the ball rolling now. That doesn't mean a class doesn't follow or multiple suits.

If the end result is that everybody gets a refund, like Rai did recently, then its mission accomplished for them. So John has already set the precedent with Rai.

We are looking for accountability and a group like FAST pinball to get involved. This is just the first step. Maybe that will get the job done.

#4292 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"We are looking for accountability........"

So JPop demonstrates to any reviewing official that MG is on the near production list. Shows what are apparently near complete prototypes (I've never seen them), and claims multiple "system issues" that slowed production. JPop demonstrates intention to follow through with RAZA by producing current progress and the more advanced stage of MG.

Unless there can be demonstrated intentional ill-will, the "clear" impossibility of completion, or utter incompetence, I foresee a L...o...n...g... process producing even more delays.

I see a guy, who in his own mind, is making progress and sees the various complaints as "whiners". A unified presentation of discontent, an intervention of sorts, may be a way to begin breakthrough of his denial without adding more expense and delay that legal recourse is going to bring.

Yeah... it sucks.

sucks.jpgsucks.jpg

#4293 9 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb here, i can't prove who it is, but skulz is the only guy thumbs downing anytime some one says something bad about jpop...wonder if thats one of jpop accounts so he can see what people say?

#4294 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, i can't prove who it is, but skulz is the only guy thumbs downing anytime some one says something bad about jpop...wonder if thats one of jpop accounts so he can see what people say?

LOL. Why on earth do you care?

#4295 9 years ago

Pinside is open to read for anyone, no login required.

#4296 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Could be that Skulz is just a really big fan of SWEP1.

#4297 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

LOL. Why on earth do you care?

lol like i said i have no proof...u could be jpop too....just saying I'm sure he has more then one account and reads these posts...

#4298 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

lol like i said i have no proof...u could be jpop too....just saying I'm sure he has more then one account and reads these posts...

OK, you got me. Yes, I *AM* JPop. My cover is blown!

#4299 9 years ago

i will say early on he sent us a email asking to build a amp for his sound system...not sure who built the current one...wonder if they got paid?

#4300 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

OK, you got me. Yes, I *AM* JPop. My cover is blown!

lol all in good fun

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.