(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,294 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24294 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 486.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Read Tesla's biography, I think you'll agree.

I am aware of his accomplishments that doesn't mean he needs to be plastered all over the game.

#4102 4 years ago

Feb 25th... 3 days left in February.

Final-Countdown.gif

#4104 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I like to come in here and the Predator threads and just put my feet up and relax.......nothing ever happens in any of them.

Just like watching paint dry.

#4105 4 years ago

Are there any pictures of the MG PF or artwork?
New to the thread. Just wondering if it is going to look like CV at all.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Are there any pictures of the MG PF or artwork?

look back a few pages in this thread

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I am aware of his accomplishments that doesn't mean he needs to be plastered all over the game.

Hey, when you can create earthquakes with sound waves you are a badass. To bad they screwed him out of everything and he died miserable and destitute.

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Hey, when you can create earthquakes with sound waves you are a badass. To bad they screwed him out of everything and he died miserable and destitute.

Hell yeah!! Edison bent him over pretty good.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

sounds like Jpops going down the same way lol I kid......

#4110 4 years ago

Sigh....

#4111 4 years ago

Rumor has it there will be production MG games at Texas Pinball Festival... Oh wait. I'm the one who's starting the rumor.

On the rug reveal.... not! I'm thinking of brokering betting lines on MG, Predator and TBL. How many permutations are there of First, Last and NEver?

#4112 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

sounds like Jpops going down the same way lol I kid......

Small edit (digesting)

Do you get off on chasing ambulences to accident scenes and then pointing out injuries to people as they lay there?

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Do you get off on chasing ambulences to accident scenes and then pointing out injuries to people as they lay there?

Yes I am a first responder and my wife is a paramedic. Pm sent.

Here is my homework for the night.

IMG_20150225_200203905[1].jpg
#4114 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You ever read how Ford screwed the man who created the intermittent wiper circuit. That dude got the shaft. Good read too. Being serious.

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

You ever read how Ford screwed the man who created the intermittent wiper circuit. That dude got the shaft. Good read too. Being serious.

Watch the movie "Flash of Genius". Good movie, and yes, they tried to screw him, but in the end paid up (after being sued).

Chris

#4116 4 years ago

Just posted this to his blog:

John, you say you don't like to post about bumps in the road. So you'd rather have us be repeatedly disappointed and let down by the radio silence and missed dates?

There's been talk about the 3 MG prototypes being almost finished for literally 2 years. I was told this years ago by you, others as well. Let's forget about that for a second.

Going back to Expo '14, we were told 6 weeks before it to expect a "nice reveal". We know how that went.

Then at Expo, you were surprised at the response to The Big Lebowski and coined your own phrase "The Lebowski Effect". You then set a date for December to give a Magic Girl "Lebowski" reveal (on a rug). So we waited.

December came and went, with no completed game shown, certainly nothing comparable to The Big Lebowski's reveal. And then months pass.

Then RAZA owners were told January for THEIR big reveal. Then that became February. Here we are February 26th, and you may very well know that the reveal isn't happening because of parts/vendors/deer accidents, but we, the customers, are literally checking every day waiting because we haven't been told anything different.

Then there is all this confusion about "investors". We know Magic Girls and RAZAs have been long sold out and mostly paid for. That is "crowd funding". So there is confusion about why an investor is needed at this late stage, and what exactly they are investing in since all the machines are spoken for?

Worse, will *potential* investors will be shown more of the games "next week" than us apparently, the crowd funders who have had money tied up for years?

The people that invested in YOU when these games were nothing more than a thought in your head. We invested in YOUR reputation. We put our money at risk based on the HOPE that we'd get a great game at the end of this. But we've been treated as an annoyance, given bread crumbs and our questions ignored or dismissed.

We keep waiting and waiting for some big reveal, and by big reveal I mean of an actual playing game (a LEBOWSKI reveal). Not photos of plastics and art. If the game has no hope in hell of being playable anytime soon, I think you owe us that explanation. Rough math says you've collected over a million dollars of our money for the 2 games so far. If I had a million dollars of other peoples money, I'd be doing everything in my power to keep them informed and happy.

And hey, if I'm completely WRONG and have TOTALLY misread things, and you are ramping up for PRODUCTION in March, then for god's sake tell us!

But creating some html website with pictures of plastics and playfield artwork is a long way from getting you a "Lebowski" reveal, and if that is what is coming, with more months of waiting, then you should tell us.

#4117 4 years ago

We need something solid from John before the end of this month or a large portion of his current "investors" are gunna lose their minds (me included)

#4119 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If the game has no hope in hell of being playable anytime soon, I think you owe us that explanation.

Pretty much comes down to this single sentence. Hopefully you get it.

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I had a million dollars of other peoples money, I'd be doing everything in my power to keep them informed and happy.

This, a million times!

Hell, I feel obligated to keep people informed just when I have them on a pre-order list, no money exchanged. Part of the reason I don't take money ahead of time is that it's too stressful, makes me feel even more obligated that I normally do.

#4121 4 years ago

It sucks but he see's us as cash thats in a wallet. Take it out when you want it keep it closed when you dont.

#4122 4 years ago

The thing is, Popaduik will *never* say it. Ever. Even when directly questioned he changes the topic.

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

It sucks but he see's us as cash thats in a wallet. Take it out when you want it keep it closed when you dont.

Akumazeto, is that you?

rd.

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Akumazeto, is that you?

rd.

YUP!

Still allowed a opinion even if most dont like it I have been well behaved. Now lets make a PP 4 rotor.

Dude does see us a wallet the two that down voted that are naive is all. He cares what we have to say until he has our money. After he has our cash its STFU and wait. Before cash blah blah blah ideas input. After STFU No different than stern at all.

#4125 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

YUP!
Still allowed a opinion even if most dont like it I have been well behaved. Now lets make a PP 4 rotor

I picked it was you as soon as you rejoined!! Do I get a prize?

Two kiwi companies making 4 Rotors. Maybe I should put one in my Lincoln Hearse. Hmmmmmm

rd.

#4126 4 years ago

Of course you did because you likely know the avatar name reference. I was gone for two years. Stayed in the shadows and watched pinside turn more and more into rgp. Glad actually it just proved I was not the ultimate evil like some thought. The ultimate evil who had tons of insider info Now I color dots and mind my own for the most part. Any way back on topic. I digress.

#4127 4 years ago

Oh man how about that 6 rotor WOW that thing is killer crazy.

#4128 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Of course you did because you likely know the Avatar name reference. I was gone for two years. Stayed in the shadows and watched pinside turn more and more into rgp. Glad actually it just proved I was not the ultimate evil like some thought.

Yes you are, Ben.

#4129 4 years ago

HI ROB!!!!!! I tell yah coloring these dots for TWD is some tedious shit. Man click click click zoom its boring as hell lol.

#4130 4 years ago

This will be Zidware on Sunday morning

#4131 4 years ago

farleybusdriver.jpg

#4132 4 years ago

The Jpop blog these days is pretty much crickets except for the repeated request from the buyers for a little information.... For someone wanting to establish a new presence in the pinball boutique world, pissing off your source of revenue is not exactly the path to success. IF I ever receive my RAZA, I will certainly never take this venture again.... I don't give a turd how pretty the damn thing is.

#4133 4 years ago

Look, you guys know how this is going to go.

At this point, it doesn't even matter.

RAZA isn't going to get a big reveal before the end of the month. Things are delayed, "artwork" is still being worked out, suppliers are behind, etc.

Accept it and hope there is a future.

#4134 4 years ago

I agree with Ice. We all know exactly how this is going to go. He is who he is and until he gets some sort of business manager in there this unfortunately is not going to change

#4135 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure how long this can possibly go on for. The biz launched in 2011, that is 4 years without shipping a product. If most small businesses fail in the first 5 years, how can one that doesn't ship product be one of the success stories?

#4136 4 years ago

I moved Labowski back into my line up, however MG and RAZA still remain in the toilet

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

suppliers are behind

...aren't being paid, you mean? Regardless of what the blogs may say, there hasn't been any movement to "reconcile" with this vendor.

#4138 4 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

...aren't being paid, you mean? Regardless of what the blogs may say, there hasn't been any movement to "reconcile" with this vendor.

It's not a good sign. I really hope you guys get paid, but it will take more people to send money in on a leap of faith.

Hoping it works out for everybody, doubtful it will.

#4139 4 years ago

Boy is this thread sad & depressing. I think we've passed the point where the predictable release of some more art is not going to jumpstart the enthusiasm anymore. Anything short of a 5 minute video of a 3 ball game is just more reinforcement that we're neck deep and the game is nowhere near completed, after all this time.

#4140 4 years ago

mindblown.gif

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I was gone for two years. Stayed in the shadows and watched pinside turn more and more into rgp. Glad actually it just proved I was not the ultimate evil like some thought.

You were consistently way out of line two years ago and the Pinside ban was deserved in my opinion. That said I believe in second chances and sincerely welcome you back.

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At this point, it doesn't even matter.
RAZA isn't going to get a big reveal before the end of the month. Things are delayed, "artwork" is still being worked out, suppliers are behind, etc.
Accept it and hope there is a future.

Argh, don't buckle! Where's that "KICK DOWN HIS F*CKING DOOR" Iceman!?!?!?

None of you deserve this. You've paid a lot of money and DESERVE answers or a refund - PRONTO.

#4143 4 years ago

Somebody get Iceman a Shiner Bock, stat!

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Argh, don't buckle! Where's that "KICK DOWN HIS F*CKING DOOR" Iceman!?!?!?
None of you deserve this. You've paid a lot of money and DESERVE answers or a refund - PRONTO.

He's right, Ice. Didn't think a Texan would take this lying down. Tome to pull on your shit kickers, strut on over there, stomp a mud hole in his ass and walk it dry!

#4145 4 years ago

New plan: You guys get a group together and buy plane tickets. Meet up at the closest bar to Jpop and get Iceman lubricated (hmm, that sounds wrong) and then storm the building with him in front. Someone shoot video.

Seriously, every time someone visits they leave with stars in their eyes. Maybe Jpop is loading up his handshake with LSD. You need a group effort to combat the drugs.

Who's programming these games? That's actually the million dollar question IMHO. Because Jpop has playfields. Maybe they're not "done", but we've seen enough to see that they're close, and some ass kicking could probably pop out a populated game. But without code they're just gonna sit there looking pretty. Has anyone actually started programming?

#4146 4 years ago

Not a rug reveal but it is a partially populated RAZA playfield from the Facebook page.

jpop2.jpg
#4147 4 years ago

Lack of sheen suggest direct ink pf. Still early on it seems.

#4149 4 years ago

Looks neat but I hope that's not considered the February reveal.

#4150 4 years ago

images.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24294 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside