(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 486.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Really hoping for a interactive loader of some sort. Even if it just picks up the ball and moves it like the robot for NES did.

That'd be cool. But talk about stop and go.

image.jpg

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, I dunno man, pinball seems like a crappy business to be in.

It's "Hard"

#4053 4 years ago

It's "hard" and "money sucks".......SkitB

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's "hard" and "money sucks".......SkitB

I believe Gary Stern told Jack when he announced JJP, "come on in, the water's cold" (or warm).. or something like that.

#4055 4 years ago

Just what you want to hear from someone with a million dollars of everyone's money. Makes you sleep well at night .

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, I dunno man, pinball seems like a crappy business to be in.

Not if you like low pay and long hours!

#4058 4 years ago

RAZA blog was updated.

investor talks?!

#4060 4 years ago

Ok, now I am curious as I thought the owners were the investors.

Somebody help fill in the blanks here.

#4061 4 years ago

"presenting in next round of investor talks next week"........

Moving to a new spot on his website and off of the blog.

Alludes to the "team" that has been put together and "working hard".

Does the "investor talk" mean that he has to have a capital infusion from investors to get these projects completed or just a bigger picture buildout, or both?

#4062 4 years ago

5 days left for a Feb reveal. Anyone think we'll actually see it?

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

5 days left for a Feb reveal. Anyone think we'll actually see it?

my guess is no and maybe why investors are needed. But if so the day is probably saved! Great news hopefully.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does the "investor talk" mean that he has to have a capital infusion from investors to get these projects completed or just a bigger picture buildout, or both?

To me, the only time the phrase investor talks should be used is when John is going to be giving a live video update on the status of production to the owners.
Past that, any talks he has with "new" investors should be kept mum because it only helps fuel speculation that there is a need for new money in the various projects.

#4065 4 years ago

Moving off the blog to static html pages (Web 1.0) means just a way to avoid hearing from us.

Dunno what the "investor talks" means, but at this point let me get my game and I'll let some other sucker sit at the bottom of the pyramid. If this means the end of crowd funding, produce games and then sell them, that would be good. This could also mean increasing the production runs for all games so that any investor can make some money, how else can an investor get their money back?

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Moving off the blog to static html pages (Web 1.0) means just a way to avoid hearing from us.

And more importantly, a way to avoid giving owners a private forum to converse with each other. That's fine, it'll just end up publicly on Pinside instead.

#4067 4 years ago

Considering the MG reveal has been going on for over 2 months and isn't done yet, the RAZA reveal will likely be as bad. So, a few playfield and plastic photos this week, with promise of "more to come"?

#4068 4 years ago

Reviewing the blog post, this quote is really infuriating me:

"we continue to build our solid pinball foundation of really high-end work which we will be able to present in our next round of investor talks next week."

So, does this mean that POTENTIAL investors get to see everything NEXT WEEK and us suckers that have been paying for the party aren't going to see shit?

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

"we continue to build our solid pinball foundation of really high-end work which we will be able to present in our next round of investor talks next week."
So, does this mean that POTENTIAL investors get to see everything NEXT WEEK and us suckers that have been paying for the party aren't going to see shit?

Yes.

#4071 4 years ago

I think the right thing to do is for all the pre order people to give Jpop more money upfront...

#4072 4 years ago

You're not investors, you're just customers. And customers are the lowest point on the totem pole.

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You're not investors, you're just customers. And customers are the lowest point on the totem pole.

That's the problem here. Should be the highest on the totem pole.

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if in JPop's mind he is equating "investors" to "customers".

Wouldn't make much sense in the context of that post though. I'd be asking why he's looking for investors at this late stage of the game? Did he just now come to the realization that he won't have enough capital to make the pins?

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

"we continue to build our solid pinball foundation of really high-end work which we will be able to present in our next round of investor talks <b>next week.</b>"

Next week is next month. Slim left town, climbing on board the spaceX dragon about to reach outer space.. shit. I'll bet a translite that space X gets a man in orbit before jpop ships a machine.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if in JPop's mind he is equating "investors" to "customers".

I doubt he would mistake the two. By definition customers get product in return for money, investors get money in return for money.

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I doubt he would mistake the two. By definition customers get product in return for money, investors get money in return for money.

I understand completely. Just not sure if he does. I just don't understand where the "investors" thing came from? Is this something new? What kind of investors is he talking about? Bank loan? Equity partners? Is the project in jeopardy if he is not successful in getting investors on board?

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I understand completely. Just not sure if he does. I just don't understand where the "investors" thing came from? Is this something new? What kind of investors is he talking about? Bank loan? Equity partners? Is the project in jeopardy if he is not successful in getting investors on board?

It's an interesting choice of words for sure. If he wants to woo investors for future machines, I would imagine they would want to see the current games successfully shipped before investing any money.

If he wants them to invest in the current projects, what is there to invest in? With no more machines to sell in the limited run, the possible returns would be well documented assuming the associated timeline is met. I wonder what his burn rate is?

#4079 4 years ago

He would stand a better chance getting in bed with ms13 than getting investors. Man he is delusional. Dude needs to put down the absinthe and let teslas nuts go. His man crush is Creepy I digress

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's an interesting choice of words for sure. If he wants to woo investors for future machines, I would imagine they would want to see the current games successfully shipped before investing any money.
If he wants them to invest in the current projects, what is there to invest in? With no more machines to sell in the limited run, the possible returns would be well documented assuming the associated timeline is met. I wonder what his burn rate is?

My guess is that this is a production partnership of some sort. Perhaps Jpop is not equipped to produce the machines, but then someone else is, they join forces, and split ownership, and split profits. If this is the case, it would be a really positive thing I think, since Jpop is probably better at the design stuff, and the other company could be handling a lot of business-y things.

#4081 4 years ago

In my opinion, there is ZERO chance that anybody would want to "invest" in his pinball company.

Would any of you guys? No.

I agree with Retro that he will/should be seeking out some kind of joint venture agreement with a production partner, if that's possible.

It's clear to me that John is just going to meander down the road at his own pace. I'm convinced that nothing we say or do will make a bit of difference. Goes in one ear and out the other.

I think he is banking on the fact that once MG gets out there, excitement will build for RAZA and AIW and whatever else he has planned.

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In my opinion, there is ZERO chance that anybody would want to "invest" in his pinball company.
Would any of you guys? No.
I agree with Retro that he will/should be seeking out some kind of joint venture agreement with a production partner, if that's possible.
It's clear to me that John is just going to meander down the road at his own pace. I'm convinced that nothing we say or do will make a bit of difference. Goes in one ear and out the other.
I think he is banking on the fact that once MG gets out there, excitement will build for RAZA and AIW and whatever else he has planned.

I'm sure excitement will build... whenever MG ships....

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

An outside investor is going to be looking for a return on their investment. Simple as that. No shiny lights, tours of the shop or 3000 artist hours are going to matter (and a negative when an investor starts reviewing the costs of 3000 artist hours and endless revisions).

In another thread someone brought up the difference between crowd funding and regular investing, and the difference is with crowd funding you have people that CARE about the project and want to see it completed. The motives are different than regular investing. So, to that end, crowd funding is way better for a company. Not to mention no overlord to deal with, just sap customers that can be ignored.

But in this case the golden goose has been cooked. If people were banging down the door to throw money for AIW and jpop was flush with cash, he wouldn't need outside investment at all.

I really don't know what he's looking to accomplish with the investment, how it helps, what it helps, or how any investor would get anywhere near this thing. Almost sounds to me like he's looking for a big pocketed benefactor whom he can collect a check from and continue doing his thing.

#4084 4 years ago

Wouldn't and investor also research the client base and see how pissed most are? I mean If I was a investor I would for sure research the client base and their concerns before flopping any money down.

#4085 4 years ago

If I were an investor, I'd want to see cash flow annalysis, and I'd want to understand how/why the initial $1,000,000 wasn't enough to get the job done, why would I want to throw more money at this project? There's got to be a carrot at the end of the stick in other words, there has to be a promise that there will be a full fledged company building pin after pin. And IMO until John starts building one pin even, it's hard for me to imagine there will be any new investors.

#4086 4 years ago

Investor probably doesn't like the extremely low runs of games either that was at least some of the appeal.

#4087 4 years ago

Can you imagine what Mr Wonderful would say?

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm sure excitement will build... whenever MG ships....

Hope I'm wrong, but the cynic in me says he's burned through the cash without shipping anything and knows he can't ask for more money from buyers.

What would send me running for the hills as an investor would be finding he was already selling a project that isn't built. Basically, I might have confidence in someone looking for money to start, much less for someone looking for money to continue a failed launch.

He's going to need to find an investor that is willing to take a high risk and also loves the project for more than just a paycheck.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

He's going to need to find an investor that is willing to take a high risk and also loves the project for more than just a paycheck.

"Hey Bob, did I tell you about my new investment? It's a bit of a longshot, but if I play my cards right I'm going to get that cat-girl bowling pinball I've always dreamed of!"

#4090 4 years ago

Maybe its a short selling investment firm.

#4091 4 years ago

Or maybe the investor is simply a bank to finance parts? That seems to be the biggest stumbling block of any new pinball startup.

Of course even a bank wants to hear the business plan. Though the business plan doesn't need proof, just needs to be written.

#4092 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Hey Bob, did I tell you about my new investment? It's a bit of a longshot, but if I play my cards right I'm going to get that cat-girl bowling pinball I've always dreamed of!"

That's funny.

#4093 4 years ago

The insane thing is.... ALL jpop has to do is make 19 magic girls. As soon as those roll out, the money gates will likely flood open. Either for the rumored additional MG units, or AIW deposits, RAZA balances owed, etc.

It is concerning that he is unable to make 19 completed machines and needs additional money before doing that.

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"...cat-girl..."

And what's the problem exactly? :3

#4095 4 years ago

Yeah, make Magic Girl and all your problems disappear. I wonder why he doesn't get it.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Can you imagine what Mr Wonderful would say?

"JPOP, you're dead to me"

#4097 4 years ago

I am not gonna lie MG looks really cool. The colors though are his normal pallet. Some people might not like how the entire game is made up of bits from his other games. Like the skill shot is basically the same mech as the wcs94 mech.

What I would like to see is the game go into full production. I dont think the original buyers would likely care at this point as long as they got some sort of compensation for being the original 17 or whatever it was.

Like I said earlier John has a strange almost morbid fascination with Nikola Tesla. I dont know that a lot of people share that love like he does. I can say the art (sorry) does look really sweet.

#4098 4 years ago

I like to come in here and the Predator threads and just put my feet up and relax.......nothing ever happens in any of them.

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Like I said earlier John has a strange almost morbid fascination with Nikola Tesla. I dont know that a lot of people share that love like he does.

Read Tesla's biography, I think you'll agree.

#4100 4 years ago

2015 year of the failed pinball ventures...well the year when people have said enough is enough

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside