(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 487.
#4001 5 years ago

Hey, I am the 4000th post! In on Raza, but have lost hope.....

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hey, I am the 4000th post! In on Raza, but have lost hope.....

Keep the faith man! The 100 year journey is 4% complete.

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hey, I am the 4000th post!

I think if I were you that I would be going to buy a couple Powerball tickets.

#4004 5 years ago

My hope is gone because, as has been said before, even if we do get games the odds of great code are near zero. We may well end up with super cool looking boring empty games.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My hope is gone because, as has been said before, even if we do get games the odds of great code are near zero. We may well end up with super cool looking boring empty games.

downer.jpg

#4006 5 years ago

Looks great, I have never seen a cabinet that fine.

But John should refund people who want out. These pins are 2 years behind schedule, if the shipped today they're 2 years late.

#4007 5 years ago

Yes, sorry. Debbie downer for sure. I will suffer in silence. Sorry again.
I do have lots of great pin to play! Hey, that does feel better!

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Yes, sorry. Debbie downer for sure. I will suffer in silence. Sorry again.I do have lots of great pin to play! Hey, that does feel better!

Leaf fans are prone to losing all hope. I hear there is an epidemic of that going around.

#4009 4 years ago

Today is Feb 18, we have 10 days left in Feb. What are the odds we see a finished RAZA as promised in Feb?

#4010 4 years ago

Is that exactly what he said? I am just asking. Or was it a "flippable" reveal?

This thread had been so quiet, I thought good things were happening on the blog or site that the owners had.

Chris

#4011 4 years ago

This is what he posted on the blog January 17:

Currently still on track to show a fully built Zombie Adventureland game in February.

About as clear as can be, and what bought him some quiet from us.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This thread had been so quiet, I thought good things were happening on the blog or site that the owners had.

No, not much going on at all. We seem to be in the down cycle, where jpop gives us a new date and we go quiet for a while, and then when that date passes we go ape shit for a while, till he tells us something else.

The Magic Girl "reveal" was scheduled for December, when he started to show artwork for it, but we're 2 months into the reveal and still no game shown, so I don't have high hopes we'll see a "fully built" RAZA within the next 2 weeks, even though he said we would only 4 weeks ago.

#4012 4 years ago

John picked the shortest month of the year for his deadline so I guess in 10 days or less you will see a fully built RAZA.

Loophole alert, did he say this Feb?

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Today is Feb 18, we have 10 days left in Feb. What are the odds we see a finished RAZA as promised in Feb?

Last I heard he still doesn't know what hardware is powering these games. Can someone tell me different? Hard to show a flipping game when you don't have that.

#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hard to show a flipping game when you don't have that

Does "fully built" mean "flipping"?
To the very least one can expect a fully populated PF within a nice cabinet?

#4015 4 years ago

I have to trot out this lovely comment from Oct 2014:

Lying to customers is not the way I work, to make them go away for a while.

If there is no game shown this month, then this seems to be exactly how he works.

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Does "fully built" mean "flipping"?
To the very least one can expect a fully populated PF within a nice cabinet?

I guess you guys can decide what's weasel language or not, but to me? Hell yes.

This is a pinball machine, not a sculpture. If it doesn't flip it's useless.

Has anyone seen a flipping whitewood? Does such a thing exist? Normally you have that before doing all the art. Jpop is testing how all the shots feel and flow I presume, no?

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Has anyone seen a flipping whitewood? Does such a thing exist? Normally you have that before doing all the art. Jpop is testing how all the shots feel and flow I presume, no?

We've seen pics of them building a white wood, early on. Never seen a ball travel on a game though or anything play.

Visitors to the shop have reported games at various stages of completion.

My hunch, is that if there is ANYTHING shown this month it will be a lot more artwork. Cabinets. Plastics. Playfield art. LCD screen grab (not actually playing). etc....

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I guess you guys can decide what's weasel language or not, but to me? Hell yes.
This is a pinball machine, not a sculpture. If it doesn't flip it's useless.

If you read the post many pages back by Multiball1, he states clearly that he visited a few months ago and played a protoype MG and that it was in it's rough stages and was far from complete but was playable.

#4019 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

If you read the post many pages back by Multiball1, he states clearly that he visited a few months ago and played a protoype MG and that it was in it's rough stages and was far from complete but was playable.

I'd love to know what was powering that. P-ROC? My understanding is that he doesn't have a final hardware platform picked yet. Which seems insane and backwards to me. But maybe I just don't have all the facts. If there was a flipping game that's a start at least.

#4020 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd love to know what was powering that. P-ROC? My understanding is that he doesn't have a final hardware platform picked yet. Which seems insane and backwards to me. But maybe I just don't have all the facts. If there was a flipping game that's a start at least.

I'm sorry but I was under the impression that you were in on the game and were reading the blog. John stated in Oct 2014 that he is using a simpler version of the WPC95 system and Quetzal Pinball created the IO control board. The light system is 12v. All this has been in use and in testing for the last 12 months or more.

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd love to know what was powering that. P-ROC? My understanding is that he doesn't have a final hardware platform picked yet. Which seems insane and backwards to me.

Ben Heck's boardset...Oh wait...

#4022 4 years ago

Anyone notice the "Ride the Comet" and "Ride the Cyclone" on the sidebar of the RAZA PF sketch? I thought John was about innovation..

At least one interesting thing I see though.. the inserts on the top right of the captive ball picture..what's going on there? Looks as though there's almost a clear glassy-look insert or a half inch of clear over a thin insert there. Looks like the lettering is floating in the air above the insert due to whatever was done there..pretty interesting. The arrow inserts under Lion Saw (LULZ ORIGINALITY WUT) look to be the same "style" but without art on them.

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

The light system is 12v

I don't get that logic? Seems like that would be pretty limiting for bulbs choices (probably only automotive), even at a prototype stage unless he's splitting the voltage and powering sets of 6v lamps? Even if your lamp board doesn't have 6v out, just use a 6v wall plug and wire up the GI with that temporarily.

#4024 4 years ago

Makes perfect sense to me. Many tri-colour leds and strips are 12v.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyone notice the "Ride the Comet" and "Ride the Cyclone" on the sidebar of the RAZA PF sketch? I thought John was about innovation..

I'm under the impression that the theme is about incorporating a bunch of old pin themes into one pin. Maybe I'm way off base here.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm under the impression that the theme is about incorporating a bunch of old pin themes into one pin. Maybe I'm way off base here.

Junkyard 2.0

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Slim and none, and slim just left town.

#4029 4 years ago

Like Frolic said, the pitch forks will be out and going ape shit will rule the day again if simple promises aren't kept this time around.

Yeah, I know...............

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like Frolic said, the pitch forks will be out and going ape shit will rule the day again if simple promises aren't kept this time around.

I guess twelfth time is the charm, eh?

Weren't you supposed to take him to task finally?

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I guess twelfth time is the charm, eh?
Weren't you supposed to take him to task finally?

Well, I have had enough people ask me to hold off prior to this coming "reveal". With MG production supposedly starting in early March and the "RAZA reveal", it's supposed to be party time again.

We'll see. I am planning on going to Chicago in March.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I have had enough people ask me to hold off prior to this coming "reveal".

How many times has he failed to meet deadlines and people are still "well, one more chance..."?

Crazy.

#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How many times has he failed to meet deadlines and people are still "well, one more chance..."?
Crazy.

A lot, too many to count.

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A lot, too many to count.

Is anyone really expecting a fully built game to suddenly be revealed in the next 9 days?

#4035 4 years ago

So tempted to post the pictures I have of MG SO TEMPTED. It is 90% complete.

#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

What's the other 10%? for j-pop that could mean a whole lot of stuff. considering 90% would be his beloved art that he talks so much about

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I TRIPLE DOG dare ya!

#4038 4 years ago

Lets just say MG is every Jpop title to date smashed together. EVERYTHING minus episode 1 lol.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Does 90% include a playable game? We've seen lots of pics.

#4040 4 years ago

I should have clarified. I have only seen the Heliography on the tessellated game No idea on programming, was referring to the PF

#4041 4 years ago

Oh good was waiting for your daily dose of negativity and sarcastic wit

#4042 4 years ago

Code doesn't mean much in this hobby.

#4043 4 years ago

Playfield only? Big deal. Everyone has seen that already. Even lowly non-owners such as myself.

When I see a video of a flipping game, with sound and interactions then I'll be impressed. Nothing else means anything.

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Playfield only? Big deal. Everyone has seen that already. Even lowly non-owners such as myself.
When I see a video of a flipping game, with sound and interactions then I'll be impressed. Nothing else means anything.

Groovy I was just given the preview site dump is all. So if you have seen whats on there then nothing new indeed. Sorry to rattle. I have not followed the drama on this at all. I do know dude drags his feet.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You must be talking about the video of a "flipping game" that Andrew and Heighway are going to post tomorrow with Alien!

That's how you do it right there. Really impressed with Andrew/Heighway all the way around

#4047 4 years ago

I'd be happy to just see the Alien art!

#4048 4 years ago

If one of these companies gets smart they will hire you as art director for a game!

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd be happy to just see the Alien art!

Really hoping for a interactive loader of some sort. Even if it just picks up the ball and moves it like the robot for NES did.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If one of these companies gets smart they will hire you as art director for a game!

Ha, I dunno man, pinball seems like a crappy business to be in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside