(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 486.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Pinball news has a photo of the backglass.

Even worse, what's the point of hiding it then when he says he will show it to the crowd

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

C&D from Rick coming soon?

Mars Attacks (the movie/comic).. not Attack From Mars.

#353 5 years ago

well the art and detail is freaking GREAT!

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Mars Attacks (the movie/comic).. not Attack from Mars.

Who owns that robot on the backglass?

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

That's probably my favorite part of the cabinet. If you think about it for a minute I'm sure you can figure it out...

Fish tank?

#356 5 years ago

AOL TimeWarner, and Fred Barton Productions, Inc. (Hereinafter referred to as “AOLTW/FBPI”) acknowledge the fans’ interest, and enthusiasm, for the most famous robot in entertainment history: “Robby, the Robot”® (Hereinafter referred to as “ROBBY®”), and their desire to obtain a replica of “ROBBY®”. Fred Barton Productions, Inc. is the exclusive source of “ROBBY®” replicas. If you choose to scratch-build a replica of “ROBBY®”, and display it in your home, for your personal enjoyment; please be aware of the following restrictions:

1. The manufacture, or transfer of: unauthorized reproductions of “ROBBY®”, or derivative works pertaining to “ROBBY®” is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED

2. The manufacture, or transfer of: unauthorized component parts of “ROBBY®”, or derivative works pertaining to component parts of “ROBBY®” is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

3. The exhibition of: unauthorized reproductions of “ROBBY®”, derivative works pertaining to “ROBBY®”, the component parts of “ROBBY®”, or derivative works pertaining to the component parts of “ROBBY®” is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

4. The creation, or transfer in any form of any materials depicting: “ROBBY®”, derivative works pertaining to “ROBBY®”, the component parts of “ROBBY®”, or derivative works pertaining to the component parts of “ROBBY®”; for the purpose of promoting the production of unauthorized replicas of “ROBBY®” or the component parts of “ROBBY®” is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

#357 5 years ago

I guess that means another 6 months of revisions to take the robot out?

#358 5 years ago

Wow im pretty disappointed if this is all he brought to Expo, I went to his place last year and was on the fence about buying a Zombie Adventure land but money didnt work out for me. he had some great stuff at the studio and was pretty confident that a prototype Magic Girl was gonna be at the show this year. He had playfields, cabs etc and toys 12 months ago and he shows up to the show with 2 empty Zombie cabs and a Back glass and thats it? I think the guy is an amazing designer and own a couple of his games in my collection, ToM and CV but I fear that if 12 months has passed and this is all anyone is getting at Expo I would be a little concerned if I was a Buyer, just saying. No Magic Girl at the show is a real let down. I hope I am wrong and tonight or tomorrow and fully Shooting JPoP game shows up.

Joe(acejedi)

#359 5 years ago

if this is for real, and that back glass has to be redone...
wow. -and not in a good way.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New Zealand's biggest brewer, Lion Breweries, heard of the famous Iceman-RD wager and have created a special beer to prematurely celebrate our victory (cough...) Us kiwis take a wager seriously!
Check it out! A nice fresh tasting beer it is too.
rd.

image-297.jpg 6 KB

Hmmm. That one seems appropriate!

#361 5 years ago

JPoP showed two cabinets today with different artwork options. The best, which I haven't seen a picture of posted here yet, is a cute blue alien chick. The theme appears to be a carnival/fair setting with aliens and crazy clowns turning people into zombies using ray guns. The ray guns also appear to animate and zombify items such as the large dinosaur, ducks, and such.

#362 5 years ago

This one

image-838.jpg
#363 5 years ago

I don't understand why someone would try to get away with blatant copyright infringement of something that's going to be SO SLOWLY manufactured. If it was ready to go out the door now, you could squeeze a few out before the C&D and they'd inevitably be "unintentional" limited editions, but I digress!

Aside from that, the cabinet dimensions! Can we discuss the cabinet dimensions?

It looks like the cabinet is smaller in the front and bigger in the back than a regular WPC or Stern DMD title. Perhaps the altered geometry is just to accommodate the backbox design. OR perhaps it's to accommodate more space between the glass and play field?

Maybe room for bigger more interactive mechs and features?

Maybe an LCD screen?

Maybe a large upper play field?

Or maybe a small aquarium?!

#364 5 years ago

Looks like he has great ideas and concepts - I fear he needs more capital to realize production however. Hope he can get it.

#365 5 years ago

The port hole on the side of the pin is called the "love you long time" hole.

Wait until you see what's inside, "happy endings"

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The port hole on the side of the pin is called the "love you long time" hole.
Wait until you see what's inside, "happy endings"

Pay your money, drop your pants, and wait two years.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Maybe an LCD screen?

Today he indicated that he was going to put an LCD down lower in the cabinet and have more room for stuff.

#368 5 years ago

His artist works incredibly fast actually

#369 5 years ago

As for the cab.. think CV

Wait till you see the pf art so far. Damn..

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Pay your money, drop your pants, and wait two years.

That's why it's Love you LONG time

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah...I thought for sure MG would appear.

Me too!

#372 5 years ago

Yes, dig the blue alien chick much more than the obvious attack from Mars similarities..
Nice to have hand drawn art, but am I the only one that doesn't think the BG is way too pink, very busy and actually ugly? (I can't stand the artwork on CV BTW.. mainly because of the similar intense color scheme)...

#373 5 years ago

Still time for a grand finale MG happy ending.

Party at Johns pad? With a different kind of Magic Girl

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Yes, dig the blue alien chick much more than the obvious Attack from Mars similarities..
Nice to have hand drawn art, but am I the only one that doesn't think the BG is way too pink, very busy and actually ugly? (I can't stand the artwork on CV BTW.. mainly because of the similar intense color scheme)...

I think both cabinets are awesome, especially the Blue Alien Chick one. But I agree, that backglass is not blowing me away. Like you said might be the use of colors.

#375 5 years ago

I do like the art. Dont like it looks like other art on pins. Original..... Uhmmm, no, it is not.

And what is so special about this art we could not see this one year ago? Its not like other companies going to copy that. Cause they already did, 20 years ago.

#376 5 years ago

so ben heck's likeness is replaced by attack from mars? fitting since he owns one, but I liked it before (even if he's not involved).

#377 5 years ago

Well Attack from Mars in this day in age is "Retro" right? and this is Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland... so...

#378 5 years ago

I'm guessing JPOP will also announce game #4 and #5 during his seminar.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm guessing JPOP will also announce game #4 and #5 during his seminar.

He's already on #6. I know, I've got deposits on the first five

BBB has 222 pins produced. RAZA 125 and will blow it away. I'll take RAZA, when it finally arrives, besides 10k is the new normal

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BBB has 222 pins produced. RAZA 125 and will blow it away. I'll take RAZA, when it finally arrives, besides 10k is the new normal

Any idea when production will start?
I sure would like to see some cabinet artwork on Alice and Wonderland so I can tell if I should jump in.

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A lot of pins blow bbb away now

Id rather have my money in a machine i can play in my office now

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Was wondering if someone else was going to say that. I was thinking the same thing.

I like the artwork on the cab a lot (although I think the alien has far too similarity to another alien), but that backglass doesn't look good to me. Too busy, with little standing out. No "wow" factor.

If he has to re-do it, I think that's a good thing.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any idea when production will start?
I sure would like to see some cabinet artwork on Alice and Wonderland so I can tell if I should jump in.

You should...believe me! Darker AIW...hot Alice, yes please!

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was wondering if someone else was going to say that. I was thinking the same thing.
I like the artwork on the cab a lot (although I think the alien has far too similarity to another alien), but that backglass doesn't look good to me. Too busy, with little standing out. No "wow" factor.
If he has to re-do it, I think that's a good thing.

That backglass has been revised dozens of times, that is probably one of the most documented things on the blog.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That backglass has been revised dozens of times, that is probably one of the most documented things on the blog.

Perhaps a dozen revisions too many?

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

A lot of pins blow bbb away now
Id rather have my money in a machine i can play in my office now

I have plenty of those "play right now" pins

Maybe the point was lost BBB 15k now with the pin deflation?

John is what he is. A genius pinball designer, one of the best ever. I can wait

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Perhaps a dozen revisions too many?

Yeah, sounds like he is over thinking it.

#388 5 years ago

I'm not seeing anything here that is so insanely innovative or different that he'd need 3 years to get to it. All I see is a slightly higher WMS cabinet.

Lighting bolts must add a lot of delays.

I feel really bad for all the people who have paid $16K for nothing. Literally nothing.

#389 5 years ago

I am/was good with waiting, but it's the not having a clue part of where we're at and how much longer it will be that I don't like.

John told me 18 months ago that MG prototypes were being built and ready for spring 2013. I get that there are set backs, but no one has seen a flipping game at all. I can only guess RAZA is a year off still? Will we have it xmas 2015? No even factoring in how long they'll take to build (another year?). Spooky can make 2 machines a week, why would that not be a normal number for all boutiques?

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am/was good with waiting, but it's the not having a clue part of where we're at and how much longer it will be that I don't like.
John told me 18 months ago that MG prototypes were being built and ready for spring 2013. I get that there are set backs, but no one has seen a flipping game at all. I can only guess RAZA is a year off still? Will we have it xmas 2015? No even factoring in how long they'll take to build (another year?). Spooky can make 2 machines a week, why would that not be a normal number for all boutiques?

If Spooky can build them why would you assume Jpop can't?

Why does it take a full year for Stern to update code on a new pin?

When was Woz supposed to be done?

It will be done when it's done.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Spooky can build them why would you assume Jpop can't?

I'm wondering if a non-factory can produce pins faster than 2 a week, the pace that Spooky has set. Jpop can screw a game together, but how quickly?

Just concerned that pace will add another year to another long wait for whenever it will be done.

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But yes, he will show the progress at expo and I predict that people will be slobbering all over themselves to jump in. And I predict he will be able to build whatever numbers he sells. Who knows, that's just me, but before they come out, its easy to say he can't do it, nothing is guaranteed.

You had me excited. Too bad this turned out to not be true.

#393 5 years ago

Its only Thursday. How do we know Jpop doesn't have something hidden in a panel van outside that he will be showing on Saturday?

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You had me excited. Too bad this turned out to not be true.

It's not over yet. A huge missed opp if he doesn't reveal MG.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With all the hype and delay, I don't see any possible way this game could meet expectations.

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

With all the hype and delay, I don't see any possible way this game could meet expectations.

Sounds like Woz Honch? He will deliver, I've seen enough of MG, if the MG guys were to say they are disappointed id like to hear it.

#397 5 years ago

That it does, Ice. I can honestly say WOZ is a better playing pin (and more beautiful) than I expected. I guess/hope we will see.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is it not? Is he going to pop a playfield in his machine and let word of mouth advertise it. If he didn't show it at his scheduled time, he has no intention on showing anything at the show, especially if he took the backglass back off 5 seconds after putting it up when everyone starting pulling phones out.

I'm sure he has "something" designed and built, he posts some details on facebook.. If he chooses not to show it, it is what is is. I just don't know why you wouldn't want to show it off if you have something done.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He will deliver, I've seen enough of MG, if the MG guys were to say they are disappointed id like to hear it.

I'm disappointed he didn't bring it. And if he did bring it, I'm disappointed he hasn't shown it. I'm disappointed there has been zero communication on the owners blog in the last 5 weeks. I'm disappointed that when I try to post on the blog I get an error saying that comments are not allowed from me. I'm disappointed at the disproportionate amount of time spent on other projects while MG waits. I'm disappointed at the lack of details given to owners, specifically playfield photos, playfield art, toys, programming info and LCD pictures and video.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Yeah, sounds like he is over thinking it.

image.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside