(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 491.
#3101 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I'm in for 9500

And John doesn't have a clue what you or anybody else owes Shrub.

It's somewhat unreal from what I know as of right now.

That said, and I don't really know because I haven't approached him face to face, man to man, yet, but I will, soon enough.

I'm going to tell you guys a very pertinent big time sports related story here shortly but suffice it to say this:

When you are a "coach"/one man show like Jpop is, the key to success is balancing the following two traits:

1) You have to have supreme confidence (ck the box for John)

2) And you have to have the appropriate balance of HUMILITY! (total FAIL John)

The man has an utter and complete lack of compassion, humility and self awareness for what is going on around him.

And because of all that, if it doesn't morph into something else very SHORTLY, I am going to break him down, take number 1) and water board that F er to obtain some sense of what 2) means.

Looking back on my conversations with him, he is a total egomaniac.

Here comes number 2 John, as a group, not just me individually, I'm going to shove it down your throat, one way or the other.

#3102 9 years ago

These two pictures remind me of John image-77.jpgimage-77.jpgimage-659.jpgimage-659.jpg

#3103 9 years ago

Are you wanting or did you ask for a refund ? Or are you gonna get with Ice?

#3104 9 years ago

Creative debt collecting maybe an option at this point.... i am surprised by the patience shown by people here.

He is ignoring you guys F that. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Seriously he worked at Williams big fucking deal.!!

Someone sit him down and demand their money back not hard!!

Big deal you miss out on a game, is a game worth being treated like shit?

Any designer given unlimited time and funding could come up with something amazing. Most designers however live in the real world

#3105 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe John has said there were dozens of engineers to assist at BW. I wonder if he has any engineers at all at Zidware.

Don't forget he has an army of ex Bally Williams people on staff. All of which conveniently wished to remain anonymous.

#3106 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And John doesn't have a clue what you or anybody else owes Shrub.
It's somewhat unreal from what I know as of right now.
That said, and I don't really know because I haven't approached him face to face, man to man, yet, but I will, soon enough.

Well I know what I've paid and I know what I'm looking at right now. At this point I don't care... give me my money back (option #1) or show me the evidence that I'm going to get a game (option #2). I don't see option #2 so far. All I've seen is an empty cabinet with a backglass, plus a bunch of art. Right now I'd prefer option #1 and that's a sad state of affairs given how much I wanted this to happen.

#3107 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Are you wanting or did you ask for a refund ? Or are you gonna get with Ice?

Originally I didn't want a refund, but I am so fed up with this shit, all I want is my money back now.
I'm in on a Cointaker version so my payments were made to them. I called Chris not long ago and was told his hands are tied same as ours. He tried calling JPop that same day and like everybody else got his voice mail.
I had been tossing around the idea of getting a lawyer but was hesitant for many reasons. I've been talking with ice and I'm behind him all the way.

#3108 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Well I know what I've paid and I know what I'm looking at right now. At this point I don't care... give me my money back (option #1) or show me the evidence that I'm going to get a game (option #2). I don't see option #2 so far. All I've seen is an empty cabinet with a backglass, plus a bunch of art. Right now I'd prefer option #1 and that's a sad state of affairs given how much I wanted this to happen.

I've talked to other people, its all over the F ing board what people have paid for this or that.

I've decided in my own mind that its all over, no chance, no money left to complete the projects accordingly.

I'm going to bring it to a head, no more talky talky BS.

When he asks for money on MG to finish out that one, out for the 50 or so that he wants to build, that or a lawsuit will force the shit to hit the fan.

Will anybody, in their right ever loving mind give him another F ing dime for anything!

#3109 9 years ago

Probably! Wasn't there some banana head talking about his fourth game only a week or two ago.

#3110 9 years ago

Count me in Ice. Time for John to get a 9-5 job, I'm not interested in paying his bills.

#3111 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Count me in Ice. Time for John to get a 9-5 job, I'm not interested in paying his bills.

F it, he seems to not even want to pay his own vendors.

We will find out next week if he has a lawyer or not that represents him.

I can meet with him as pinhead to help everybody and that is goal number 1 or I'll meet with his lawyer, A or B.

If he chooses B, he has chosen un wisely.

#3112 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will anybody, in their right ever loving mind give him another F ing dime for anything!

A handul of wealthy gotta have it now types wiĺl, but not enough people to sustain his so called business. Hell that one guy has been trying to sell his spot at a loss and can't get any takers.
This is probably why he was talking about getting an investor a while back.

#3113 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can meet with him as pinhead to help everybody and that is goal number 1 or I'll meet with his lawyer, A or B.
If he chooses B, he has chosen un wisely.

Of course I'm not avocating violence, this is just a funny scene from the TV show 'Fargo' which your post brought to mind.

image-344.jpgimage-344.jpg

#3114 9 years ago

John just responded on the blog, and it was as a complete head against brick wall moment. unbelievable.

#3115 9 years ago

Ice, we need you to force his hand. I'm not looking to kill it or destroy it or anything else, but he needs a come to jesus moment.

#3116 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John just responded on the blog, and it was as a complete head against brick wall moment. unbelievable.

Translation: I get too many emails to answer so I dont bother. I am still fucking around with backglass art and cabinets I have said are finished at least a dozen times now.

#3117 9 years ago

What did respond?

Disclaimer : I truly believe he lives in his own world - bubble

#3118 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What did respond?
Disclaimer : I truly believe he lives in his own world - bubble

Read my post above for the short version.

#3119 9 years ago

Please, anyone who has a vested interest in this MG or RHZA saga, please send ICE a PM , if you want him to help you out.

#3120 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Read my post above for the short version.

That really is all he addressed. not the DOZENS of crisis blog posts by his customers. Completely oblivious or denial.

#3121 9 years ago

"Nero Fiddled While Rome Burned"

#3122 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just posted this in case it gets deleted.

This is a quote from you (John) 3 months ago:

”We did have a much more completed RAZA whitewood for expo, but we did not take anything as I do not do a booth and I do not show whitewoods other than to the owners.”

John, we are the ‘owners’ you gave reference to almost 3 months ago and yet you have not shown me anything. Is the internet broken?

This leads me to believe you don’t have even a RAZA whitewood.

Phil

#3123 9 years ago

This project =

#3124 9 years ago

The "true" lebowski moment was tonight.

Jpop (translated post): Look, nothing is fucked, here, man.

Customers: Nothing is fucked? The god damn plane has crashed into the mountain!

#3125 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This seems relevant...
STEVE: Oh, World Cup. World Cup was taken over.
MARK: It wasn’t a bad pin, it’s still all right, actually we still operate it.
STEVE: In the end it turned out to be pretty Ok, but in the beginning it was handled by a newbie. The game designer was a stubborn newbie, and it had to be taken over by someone else.
MARK: Did this happen very often?
STEVE: Actually it never happened before unless somebody died or got sick.
MARK: Did he abandon the project or did he just get the sack?
STEVE: Neither. He cooperated, learned and latter did Theatre of Magic and some other really good work. But when he first came in he thought he just knew everything about making pinballs and it is just not that kind of thing. You have to live it for a long time, you must have an affinity for mechanicals and you have to be able to work with other people.
MARK: Working with others is essential, unless you are a going it alone.
STEVE: No one could make a great pinball alone. The closest I’ve seen is Brian Eddy on Shadow, I think. I believe he drew the game and then programmed it. It was quite a feat, but he had to learn about mechanicals on that game. It was tough, but I will always admire him for doing that.

"The game designer was a stubborn newbie, and it had to be taken over by someone else."
[seems like nothing has changed]

"you must have an affinity for mechanicals"
[translation: John was too much about the art and forgot about the rest, yup nothing has changed]

#3126 9 years ago

John just responded to another thread too. The backglass trimming one.

If you guys havent subscribed to Wordpress email alerts for comments you should. You get them instantly before they are deleted.

#3127 9 years ago

Gah. I was ready to go to bed and now I've got to sit here and watch the blog and this thread.

His second post was just as bad as the first. I think we're literally going to get a new blog update this week with the backglass in the cabinet.

I'm not reposting his posts, because ultimately I'm still a hopeful customer who wants his game.

#3128 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Gah. I was ready to go to bed and now I've got to sit here and watch the blog and this thread.
His second post was just as bad as the first. I think we're literally going to get a new blog update this week with the backglass in the cabinet.

Maybe he is moving forward after all?

Maybe he'll give us a 'Lebowski reveal' shortly?

#3129 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe he is moving forward after all?

Maybe he'll give us a 'Lebowski reveal' shortly?

uh, I think more likely we'll get a photo of the empty cabinets with the backglass seated.

#3130 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think we're literally going to get a new blog update this week with the backglass in the cabinet.

MG or RAZA? Because isn't that what he showed at Expo already? Even if he quickly took the translite once he realized people could actually see it?

#3131 9 years ago

here's John from the blog (5 months ago):

"we are working on a nice update for Expo. the artwork, design and other items are being finished.

I would say we are about 75% complete and I would like to do a nice reveal in October. Jpop"

#3132 9 years ago

Maybe he skipped ahead to the Phil part of the TBL effect? so sorry for you guys

#3133 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

MG or RAZA? Because isn't that what he showed at Expo already? Even if he quickly took the translite once he realized people could actually see it?

RAZA. Well, that's the thing... he had something at expo, but its been revised since then. He posted some obscured photos of the translite last week, and then referenced it again in tonight's post. So I think he has literally spent weeks on the backglass revisions.

The main thing is he is not acknowledging his customers' issues. ZERO.

#3135 9 years ago

So he's just posting replys in the raza thread not the mg?

#3136 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

John just responded to another thread too. The backglass trimming one.
If you guys havent subscribed to Wordpress email alerts for comments you should. You get them instantly before they are deleted.

How do I subscribe to the email alerts?

#3137 9 years ago

I would suggest, if you do not have a vested interest in MG or RAZA, let's leave this thread open to those pinsider's who do.
We should not clog up this thread with anymore people just wanting to chime in with
suggestion's or what should/could of been done, let's leave it up to the people
who have money invested in these projects.
thanks.

#3138 9 years ago

So is chad Keller working for him now?

#3139 9 years ago

John just posted a new blog update

#3140 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How do I subscribe to the email alerts?

You have to login on the website, not the app, and click the Edit button on the top left. Then there are options for instant post and notification emails.

#3141 9 years ago

Yup, more breaking news with no news.

#3142 9 years ago

I'm not even responding anymore. He literally does not hear us, by choice, since tonight he responded to the threads filled with comments and said nothing.

I've literally never dealt with such a person in my entire life.

#3143 9 years ago

Has to be Denis Nordman lol

I have no comment on how I feel if I'm guessing right...

#3144 9 years ago

The new software development team will be across the hall from the customer service team, if you hit the project managers office turn around because you've gone too far.

#3145 9 years ago

Oops almost forgot about the account manager he hired.

#3146 9 years ago

What happened to the old software development team? Oh, we're not talking about that.

#3147 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What happened to the old software development team? Oh, we're not talking about that.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3148 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What happened to the old software development team?

JPOP has contacted (at least) someone about it.
I can't confirm if he accepted / declined - he would not comment because of that famous NDA!

... but I hope to meet the guy F2F in 3-4 weeks. We will see what's left of the "lips closed oath" after a few beers and local wines ... Assuming I remember anything of that conversation the next morning

#3149 9 years ago

This is what I just posted I'm beyond baffled at this

John I want my damn deposit back now! The letter you sent regarding refund is complete bullshit! Your timeline is way off so give me my monies back and find someone on your own to take my spot. Your in breah of contract. Oh that’s right no one wants my spot not even at a $750 discount as I offered on pinside because you have yet to produce one game when your working on 4!! RAZA is one year late and your talking about artwork?? Your contract says you will communicate any delays in a timely manner so what is the complete status of RAZA an when will it come out so I at least will have something to sell because your obviously not giving my $$$ back!! If I would ever get your pin I would sell it in spite of how nonprofessional and disrespectful you are to your loyal customers and everyone that believed in you including vendors and Chris at Cointakers wow I feel bad for him he was your biggest advocate and supporter and your completely shit on him by not paying bills, avoiding questions and advice because you are to much of a ego maniac to humble yourself and comes to terms with where things stand, how to come through on promises to us, How to be a professional businessman and give back to those who are putting food on your table, funding this project and putting dog food in pebbles bowl. I lost my new home deal and Christmas to my family in there new home because you have my money and I couldn’t come up with the 5% down deposit money. Goodluck in 2015 buddy u lost all respect from me.

#3150 9 years ago

I feel sorry for you Redeys.

We have spoken about this, and we both agree that we want our refund. We did not receive what we were promised by John and there is no evidence he is working on a pinball machine in a timely manner which he specifically spelled out in his contract. I contend that an empty cabinet does not constitute a full working pinball machine.

Here is the definition of breach of contract:
----------Breach of contract is a legal cause of action in which a binding agreement or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the parties to the contract by *non-performance or interference with the other party's performance. If the party does not fulfill his contractual promise, or has given information to the other party that he will not perform his duty as mentioned in the contract **or if by his action and conduct he seems to be unable to perform the contract, he is said to breach the contract.

John is in breach of contract.

I feel bad if some people think me and you asking for our money back is making this project in jeopardy, but that is not our fault that is totally on John. He can easily refund us, sell our spots if/when the game is done. If he's short on funds there is a thing called a bank or he can work like most of us do to pay our bills.

If john does end up in court he will lose, I don't see why he doesn't just refund our money which I requested the day after Expo when he didn't bring anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.