(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 486.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Breaks down to him spending 300% of budget really. Expected to take 1.5 years and require x whitewoods. It will end up taking 4.5 years and 3 (???) x whitewoods. You don't want our man thrown out on the street do ya? This approach will probably factor into his decision of how many RAZA's to make when that time arrives.

No I want him to succeed. I'm just being silly

#252 5 years ago

I sure hope JPOP has some serious life insurance - Knock on wood he remains healthy.

Investing money in one singular person for so long seems very risky.
Without a company or team behind him that could take over and complete the projects, everything rests entirely on him.

Risky business. Good luck to all involved.

#253 5 years ago

60 Magic Girls ain't shit. Come on now.

JPop should produce far more than that. Even if there needed to be some exclusivity with this pin you could have that with 500 made. They should cost 12K with partial refunds of course to those that paid more. To the original buyers bitching about more games being produced they should definitely be rewarded with something special added on top of the rest of the machines, like a rare alternate translite and cabinet art.

Zombie Adventureland needs to get bumped up too. Make that a cool 1000 units.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

JPop should produce far more than that. Even if there needed to be some exclusivity with this pin you could have that with 500 made. They should cost 12K with partial refunds of course to those that paid more. To the original buyers bitching about more games being produced they should definitely be rewarded with something special added on top of the rest of the machines, like a rare alternate translite and cabinet art.

Want to wait years when production starts...it might take years to crank out 60!

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Want to wait years when production starts...it might take years to crank out 60!

Well obviously when you are dealing with these games its a very patient endeavor. The trade off is getting a one of a kind machine right? If you need something fast go get a goddamn Stern. I'm sure The Walking Dead is going to be a work of blazing originality... I'm so sure...

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

We don't even know if this guy can build 1 completed unit and you want him to make 500 or 1000!?!?!

#257 5 years ago

Boutique shop loses its name when u pump out 1k games of one title. And his production room looks like it fits 8 games at a time!

#258 5 years ago

Yeah, extra production of these games should get contracted out. If Jersey Jack can start getting their production problems in order it should definitely be them.

Charging 17K for 60 machines whose after market price is going to shoot through the roof right after release is just stupid. And only so many people are even going to be able to play the darn thing. It's just a bad idea.

#259 5 years ago

Jjp will not be doing jpop games...unfortunately

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We don't even know if this guy can build 1 completed unit and you want him to make 500 or 1000!?!?!

We didn't know if Bill Gates could create Microsoft out of his garage after dropping out of college.

We didn't know that Steve Jobs would have created the highest value company in the history of the world after his previous failures.

I think Jpop can build whatever amount of pins he has in mind. Just saying.

Some people have vision, others don't…...

#261 5 years ago

image-49.jpg

#262 5 years ago

Some people make better workers then Buisness men! It's like Michael Jackson surrounding himself with people who just never tell him no, or stop , or that's enough.. He will just keep going and going... The things going to be a piece of art for sure..

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

image-49.jpg 6 KB

The blind leading the blind? Go back to our TWD love fest Rick, we get to play that one soon, while we wait on pure genius!

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We didn't know if Bill Gates could create Microsoft out of his garage after dropping out of college.
We didn't know that Steve Jobs would have created the highest value company in the history of the world after his previous failures.
I think Jpop can build whatever amount of pins he has in mind. Just saying.
Some people have vision, others don't…...

There's a difference between designing and building.

I have no doubt Jpop can design a game.

Can he build one? Then mass produce?

#265 5 years ago

I'm not sure if Jpop has the capacity to mass produce. But for sure he can design games.
My favorite is still CV. It's just different to any other games.

2 weeks later
#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's a difference between designing and building.
I have no doubt Jpop can design a game.
Can he build one? Then mass produce?

Building is easier, can always contract it out, like PPS did. And in this case I'm sure he is going to use "contract labor".

But yes, he will show the progress at expo and I predict that people will be slobbering all over themselves to jump in. And I predict he will be able to build whatever numbers he sells. Who knows, that's just me, but before they come out, its easy to say he can't do it, nothing is guaranteed.

#267 5 years ago

I'm in on JPop's ZA. I too, like many others are anxiously awaiting for updates on this game.

I love what JPop has done in the past. And I think he'll knock it out of the park with ZA.

3 weeks later
#268 5 years ago

Boys i'm expecting this thread to start humming by tomorrow! Have fun and please share what you see feel and hear!

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Boys i'm expecting this thread to start humming by tomorrow! Have fun and please share what you see feel and hear!

lets hope so, and lets hope the people at expo don't forget the people here trying to find out what's going on there too.

#270 5 years ago

Hum diddy diddy fellas!

Starting to get jiggy

#271 5 years ago

I feel like we're waiting to hear the Federal Reserve announce what they're doing with interest rates. The JPOP bond market seems to pricing in no significant annoucement. I'll take that position but I very much hope I'm wrong and the market explodes upward.

Com'on JPOP...

#272 5 years ago

Talked to someone who was at JPops yesterday and still no working MG...let alone RAZA

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Talked to someone who was at JPops yesterday and still no flipping MG...let alone RAZA

Ruh roh! We'll see at expo...

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Talked to someone who was at JPops yesterday and still no working MG...let alone RAZA

I have my protective cup on.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Jjp will not be doing jpop games...unfortunately

Stern is the other obvious option. I see no reason a boutique shop whose expertise is designing games to waste time and effort on manufacturing them too. I can guarantee more than 60 people are willing to buy a MG, and more than 100 ZA... Stern can build those entire runs in less than a week, but will take eons for Jpop.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Stern can build those entire runs in less than a week, but will take eons for Jpop.

Well sure if you are willing to settle for a bash toy and magnet combo.

#277 5 years ago

Remember when JPop was referred to by some douche as "Jay Pop A Boner"? I was like WTF? This ain't no John Holmes. This is John Popadiuk!!

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Well sure if you are willing to settle for a bash toy and magnet combo.

What does that have to do with the manufacturing process?

#279 5 years ago

John just posted this to twitter!

unloaded at expo!

B0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpg
#280 5 years ago

snaaaaaaaaap!

#281 5 years ago
Michael_Jackson_popcorn[1].gif
#282 5 years ago

Cabinets with steep angles, looks legit. I would assume those are stuffed with at least real whitewoods if not full art?

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

unloaded at expo!

B0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpg 86 KB

#285 5 years ago

Is there a livestream for any of the lectures?

#286 5 years ago

Arrrrgh I wish I was there

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

unloaded at expo!

B0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpg 86 KB

Someone go open those and get us a real picture!

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

unloaded at expo!

Yeah...it just got real.. What an expo for all the manufactures.

#289 5 years ago

oooh man the suspense is killing me!!

#290 5 years ago

I'm heading over there tonight. I will take pics of what I can. Excited to see what JPop and others have to show!

#291 5 years ago

We need a liveblog of the speech like they do during the Apple releases.

#293 5 years ago

Is this stream not happening?

#294 5 years ago

Empty cabinets ...

image.jpg
#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Empty cabinets ...

image.jpg 99 KB

ugh. what I feared. cabinets, and some art and some parts shown.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Empty cabinets ...

image.jpg 99 KB

I promise you he has more than that but I guess he isn't ready to show it yet

#297 5 years ago

Why even bring the empty cabinets?

#298 5 years ago

why-so-empty_o_1263137.jpg

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Empty cabinets ...

image.jpg 99 KB

Not surprising. Status unchanged then.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Empty cabinets ...

That has got to be very disappointing to anybody invested in this project.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside